mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tourdates Since 1977 - Discussion (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343)

arjanus 19 Sep 2011 19:14

1977
14 November 1977, Agora Ballroom, Cleveland, OH
15 November 1977 Painesville Agora, , Painesville, OH
27 November 1977 The Bottom Line, New York City
28 November 1977 The Bottom Line, New York City
29 November 1977, My Fathers Place, Old Roslyn, New York
22 December 1977, Old Waldorf, San Francisco
23 December 1977, Old Waldorff, San Francisco

1978
9 January 1978, Nassau Colliseum, Uniondale NY
18 januari 1978, El Mocambo, Toronto
31 maart 1978, Orpheum Theatre, Boston, Massachusetts
4 March 1978, Palladium, New York City
5 March 1978, Palladium, New York City
7 April 1978, Saint George Theatre, Staten Island, NY
19 April 1978, Cleveland Music Hall, Clelevand, Ohio
21 April 1978, Massey Hall, Toronto
11 May 1978, Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, N.Y.
1 June 1978, Hammersmith Odeon, London,
4 June 1978, Apollo Theatre, Manchester, UK
8 juni 1978, Mocador, France
11 June 1978, Offenbach, Germany
21 June 1978, Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia
23 June 1978, Apollo Stadium, Adelaide, Australia
25 June 1978, Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia
28 june 1978, Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia
4 July 1978, Memorial Coliseum, Jacksonville, Florida
19 July 1978, CNE Exhibition Stadium, Toronto, Canada (Summerpop)
2 August 1978, Calgary, Canada
4 August 1978, Saskatoon, Canada
6 August 1978, Regina, Canada
7 August 1978, Winnipeg, Canada
9 August 1978, State Theater, Minneapolis, Minnesota
23 August 1978, Pine Knob Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan
1 September 1978, Nassau Coliseum, Hampstead, Long Island, New York
6 September 1978 (or 16th Sept?), Blossom Music Centre, Cleveland, Ohio
11 September 1978, Nassau Colliseum, Uniondale NY
5 October 1978, Hermleinnhalle, Nurnberg
10 October 1978, Congress Centrum, Hamburg
Rüsselheim, Germany, 1978
Western Canadian Tour 1978

1979
16 February 1979, Palladium, New York

PS. All Holland gigs that were announced in touringbooks etc. didn't happen till 1988.

Adje 19 Sep 2011 20:04

arjanus, that's fantastic. Thanks

Adje 19 Sep 2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindnick1 (Post 551580)
There were two other dates in Florida at around the same time as the St Pete show.
One was at Finkys in Daytona Beach FL
One was at a fair grounds in Cocoa Beach FL

Grr now I doubt the St Petersburg date. I found the other shows but they were in 1990

EDIT: Hmmm Brassy's Cocoa Beach, FL was also in 1989.

Adje 20 Sep 2011 11:20

Thanks to Andy the lists are updated again. Many new shows from 1978 were added and all the tips and corrections from you all have been fixed :-)

Adje 21 Sep 2011 02:07

So I'm going through all kinds of ticket stubs sites and found quite a few new dates. But the one that struck me the most is a 1996 from Dubai. Did Meat play in the United Arabic Emirates? Or is this 'Hilton Beach Club, Dubai' some place in the US?

AndyK 23 Sep 2011 12:00

Tour dates lists updated, a total of 67 concerts have been added or corrected by Adje this week.

Of course I deserve all the credit really as I've done all the cut and paste work so you can read them :))

roomster 23 Sep 2011 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 551189)
Casa De Carne 2008:

Friday 8th August - Bergenshallen, Bergen, Norway

I've reported it before, but only the date have been corrected.

The concert did not take place in Bergenshallen, but Grieghallen.

Great list though :D

Adje 24 Sep 2011 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by roomster (Post 552080)
I've reported it before, but only the date have been corrected.

The concert did not take place in Bergenshallen, but Grieghallen.

Great list though :D

Ahhh I missed the venue change. Sorry. That will be corrected in the next update :D

And Andy, thank you very much for all your hard work and effort! Without your endless dedication there surely would be no list. I bow to you! :lol:

Guy 24 Sep 2011 18:04

Dubai Beach Club 17th Oct 1996 Got the ticket stub somewhere!!

Guy 24 Sep 2011 18:20

Other ticket stubs i have,
Exeter 01 April 1996
Bham NEC 06 Dec 2010
Wembley Arena 02 Dec 1994
Dublin The Point 11 Dec 1994
Bham NEC 27 Nov 1994

Hope this helps......possibly more to follow once i have waded through my collection.:D

Adje 24 Sep 2011 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 552167)
Dubai Beach Club 17th Oct 1996 Got the ticket stub somewhere!!

:D You're my kinda Guy!

That Dubai Beach Club... is that actually in Dubai, UAE?

Sarge 24 Sep 2011 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 551178)
Born to Rock 1995-1996:

Monday 6-May-96 - Ostseehalle, Kiel, Germany
Wednesday 8-May-96 - Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany
Saturday 11-May-96 - Ellenriedehalle, Hannover, Germany
Monday 13-May-96 - Deutschlandhalle, Berlin, Germany
Tuesday 14-May-96 - Frankfurt, Germany
Thursday 16-May-96 - Stuttgart, Germany
Monday 20-May-96 - Dortmund, Germany

Poor Leipzig, it made the Berlin Wall come down but it's missing from the German tour dates again. ;) A fantastic concert took place at Messehalle 7 on May 22, 1996.

Guy 24 Sep 2011 22:13

That Dubai Beach Club... is that actually in Dubai, UAE?

Certainly is ;);)

SueW 04 Oct 2011 12:51

[QUOTE=Adje;551219]My sources vary from tourbooks to magazines to internet sites (kasiminfo has been a great source, many thanks to that). [QUOTE]

You're welcome - I thought I recognised my style of writing in lots of the dates!

I've come to this thread late and I won't be at home much for a month but there are several missing from 1994 and 1996 which I can fill you in on then.

However I do notice that Monday 21st March 1994 at Wembley Arena is missing and I'm 99% sure that they played on Thursday 24th there (as well as on the Wednesday which is listed).

The 1996 tour started at Exeter Westpoint on Monday 1st April 1996, they then played at NYNEX Arena, Manchester on Wednesday 3rd and Glasgow SECC on Friday 5th.

Other dates I know are:
7th Sheffield
8th NEC
10th April - Mill Street, Ireland (Mill Street is the name of the town)
11th April - The Point Depot, Dublin, Ireland
14th April Cardiff International Arena, Cardiff, Wales
16th Wembley Arena (17th already listed)
19th & 20th NEC Birmingham
23rd Sheffield
27th Nynex Arena Manchester
29th & 30th Wembley

Also, just from memory, Paris (Le Grande Rex) is missing on 30th May 1996 and Barcelona (I don't remember the venue) on 28th May.

If nobody else has added in the other dates, I'll add the others in November!

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com

Adje 04 Oct 2011 13:11

That's fantastic info Sue. Thanks for adding this :cool:

pierre 08 Oct 2011 19:27

Born To Rock - German Tour Dates
 
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Born to Rock 1995-1996:

Monday 6-May-96 - Ostseehalle, Kiel, Germany
Wednesday 8-May-96 - Sporthalle, Hamburg, Germany
Saturday 11-May-96 - Ellenriedehalle, Hannover, Germany
Monday 13-May-96 - Deutschlandhalle, Berlin, Germany
Tuesday 14-May-96 - Frankfurt, Germany
Thursday 16-May-96 - Stuttgart, Germany
Monday 20-May-96 - Dortmund, Germany

Poor Leipzig, it made the Berlin Wall come down but it's missing from the German tour dates again. A fantastic concert took place at Messehalle 7 on May 22, 1996.

Yes, that´s right and
10.may.96- Stadthalle, Bremen, Germany
17.may.96- Olympiahalle, München, Germany
19.may.96- Saarlandhalle, Saarbrücken, Germany

pierre 08 Oct 2011 19:43

1996 Germany
 
And the names of the venues are missing are:

Festhalle, Frankfurt
Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart
Westfalenhalle, Dortmund

and

13.Juli.06 - (Giants of Rock) Open Air-Festival, Hohenfelden/Erfurt, Germany
20.Juli.06 - Open Air, Freilichtbühne, Loreley, Germany

Adje 08 Oct 2011 20:36

Fantastic additions Pierre. Gonna make an update this weekend for it! Thanks a lot for the extra dates!

pierre 08 Oct 2011 21:44

Germany 2012 ??
 
...it was a really good idea to prepare such a list. of course the two dates I tell you the complete venue, was from 1996 (like my headline said) and not from 2006. (sorry).
I can add some more correct venue names. I send it per e-mail to you.

Meat played really fantastic gigs in germany (for example the chsib-promo-concert in köln (cologne) 2003.) small location -only hardcore fans

I hope he comes to Germany (and the Netherlands ;) ) next year with his new
album.
It was very sad, that the "Hang Cool Tour" did not take place in Germany!:mad:

Evil One 08 Oct 2011 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre (Post 553960)
It was very sad, that the "Hang Cool Tour" did not take place in Germany!:mad:

I bet my knackers you'll get the 2012 tour instead. :twisted:

Adje 08 Oct 2011 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre (Post 553960)
...it was a really good idea to prepare such a list. of course the two dates I tell you the complete venue, was from 1996 (like my headline said) and not from 2006. (sorry).
I can add some more correct venue names. I send it per e-mail to you.

Meat played really fantastic gigs in germany (for example the chsib-promo-concert in köln (cologne) 2003.) small location -only hardcore fans

I hope he comes to Germany (and the Netherlands ;) ) next year with his new
album.
It was very sad, that the "Hang Cool Tour" did not take place in Germany!:mad:

I remember the CHSIB promo from Amsterdam in April 2003. After hearing some material from Koln I was very happy to be there! And that show was great!

I got that they were 1996 dates and added the venues. I bet he's gonna do Germany. I hope he can do the Netherlands but I don't count on it. That's okay, I will visit Germany in 2012 :twisted:


I just pm'ed the updated list to Andy. I'm sure that, when he has time for it, he will edit the posts on this topic. Thanks to all people that added dates and venues for this list. I thik it really starts to get some shape:D

pierre 08 Oct 2011 23:24

I´m not sure about, that he is comin´ to Germany again. Of course I would be there (how tenthousends other fans, too.)
For me it´s unexplainable, why he ignored Germany the last tour.
I think it was one of the most succesfull tour, wasn´t it?

A Slice Of English 08 Oct 2011 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre (Post 553970)
I´m not sure about, that he is comin´ to Germany again. Of course I would be there (how tenthousends other fans, too.)
For me it´s unexplainable, why he ignored Germany the last tour.
I think it was one of the most succesfull tour, wasn´t it?

Actually, it was explained by Meat himself. He said the cost of doing it was too high due to the german tax situation on performing artists and for that cost to be reflected back on the fans would have meant ticket prices were too high and it wouldn't have been fair to do it. My understanding was he wanted to keep an eye on the situation and see if they could work something else out later down the line.

Meat knows how popular he is in Germany, have no fear of that!

Sarge 09 Oct 2011 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Slice Of English (Post 553973)
He said the cost of doing it was too high due to the german tax situation on performing artists and for that cost to be reflected back on the fans would have meant ticket prices were too high and it wouldn't have been fair to do it.

The tax issue is nothing new, as far as I know, yet he toured Germany quite often in recent years. In 2007 and 2008 I paid about € 50 per ticket. The cheapest tickets for his current Australian concerts appear to cost more than that, judging by the prices I stumbled upon on the internet.

Adje 09 Oct 2011 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 553982)
The tax issue is nothing new, as far as I know, yet he toured Germany quite often in recent years. In 2007 and 2008 I paid about € 50 per ticket. The cheapest tickets for his current Australian concerts appear to cost more than that, judging by the prices I stumbled upon on the internet.

I agree. And it would be good if Meat toured some venues where there are no seats. The crowd is more alive at these places, because they can/must dance :D

I never get why they put seats at a rock concert anyway. But that's an entire different discussion;)

Thanks to all that have contributed to the list sofar. Hopefully more of you have missing dates and venues to share :cool:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:03.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 11 queries.