mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Loaf! Camera! Action! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Meat On Strictly come dancing (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373)

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by beki (Post 277399)
Don't get me wrong I love The Loaf but that was miming! I have never known Meat Loaf to mime - those dancers got on my nerves!!
Brucey did that same joke on the Celebrity Golf at the Celtic Manor!!!

When an artist mimes it is not always there choice..... It is up to the producers of the programme. Meat basically saw this as a chance to promote the single and the album...... That's all.;)

Jayd 22 Oct 2006 01:49

This is down to BBC, not Meat, they never usually show live material on SCD, only live singing is the regular performers, and even then sometimes it's music played off a backing track, but this was a chance for Meat to promote his single, and it went well. :D

Pudding 22 Oct 2006 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayd (Post 277407)
This is down to BBC, not Meat

We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Pud :twisted:

Sue K 22 Oct 2006 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 275901)
They used to have a ventriloquist on radio when my mother was younger. :shock:

hey... with a great announcer?.. and an audience with an exceptional imagination ... ;) ... you can put a MIME on radio.. lol...

Orson Wells terrorized nearly a nation ( won't say which... :oops: ... lol ..) with his radio version of War Of The Worlds... people in "said nation"... thought they were under attack by Martians.. lol...

i like listening to radio ...

err.. and especially MEAT on radio... (back to topic i swing.. lol...) ... ;) ...

t...

Jayd 22 Oct 2006 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 277410)
We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Pud :twisted:

Sorry, but anyone who has featured on here, it's mimed, my girlfriend has me watchin this every week, I am with her, so I think I know on this one. I have not seen as yet, a live peformance on SCD, when a artist has appeared, so I don't think a difference will be made for Meat really. And why would anybody be making excuses, it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good, but if the BBC say it's gonna be Meat singing over a track, it's there way, and i think Meat would be happy with that.

samurai7 22 Oct 2006 05:15

Mick Hucknall didn't mime when he was on it last year.

Jeanie 22 Oct 2006 06:02

I'll never understand some of you...:evil:

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, wether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

mikeloaf 22 Oct 2006 07:12

I was very happy to see Meat get a chance to promote the song and I don't agree that it was mimed at all. It was clearly pre-recorded because straight after the performance Meat and the band completely dissappeared from the dance floor!

RadioMaster 22 Oct 2006 08:54

miming in such shows is mostly due to the fact that the producers dont want to take the risk of ruining the song through some bad notes or forgotten lyrics....stupid, I know

Eva 22 Oct 2006 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanie (Post 277432)
I'll never understand some of you...:evil:

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, wether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

I second your words!!!!!!

All the complainer here are strange, I think! :evil:

It was a very nice performance - really enjoyable for the fans!! :-P

Thanks to Dave for posting the clip here so soon.

Eva

Pudding 22 Oct 2006 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 277437)
miming in such shows is mostly due to the fact that the producers dont want to take the risk of ruining the song through some bad notes or forgotten lyrics....stupid, I know

Not really. After the BBC2 show the other day I can undertsand there concerns.

But like I said earlier: We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Pud :twisted:

Deb 22 Oct 2006 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeloaf (Post 277434)
I was very happy to see Meat get a chance to promote the song and I don't agree that it was mimed at all. It was clearly pre-recorded because straight after the performance Meat and the band completely dissappeared from the dance floor!


It wasn't prerecorded. That show defintely went out live last night and you can clearly see the audience. It's pretty obvious it's mimed and like others have said it happens a lot here. It's no reflection on Meat whatsoever. Nearly every tv show i've seen Meat on / at in the uk over the yrs has been the same.

Just enjoy it for what it is everyone :-) Free promo and a chance to see Meat, Marion and a couple of the band on our tvs :D

Deb

RadioMaster 22 Oct 2006 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 277443)
Not really. After the BBC2 show the other day I can undertsand there concerns.

But like I said earlier: We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it.

Pud :twisted:

I´d like it ten times more if somebody sings live than mime, even if there are two not hitted notes.
The stragest thing I´ve ever seen was Avril Lavigne on TOTP, she said she´d just come to the show if she can sing live, and she did, but didnt hit one single note.

So I guess both, miming and singing got good and bad sides,
we as fans want to hear him sing live, but the general audience just wants to see somebody perform a song there and if they like the song they´ll buy it.
It´s far different to miming on a concert which really should never happen (although I´ve seen it too:( (not Meat, of course))

CarylB 22 Oct 2006 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanie (Post 277432)
I'll never understand some of you...:evil:

Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, whether they were singing "live" or not.

J.

Absolutely .. Meat was there .. he looked great, it was a chance to air the song on a prime time TV show which regularly has 6m viewers on a Saturday night ..

I saw the man on my TV, heard him sing a simply beautiful duet, and echoing what Jayd says .. "it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good" -apart from saying.. it doesn't bother me .. and it shouldn't bother any fans of Meat who truly love and support him whether he performs live or not .. he was there, we heard the song .. it was a few special minutes to treasure .. end of story

Caryl

ROSIE 22 Oct 2006 11:13

Yes it was good see him on prime time TV:lol: :lol:



more please:lol:

meatloaf-unofficial 22 Oct 2006 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 277446)
It wasn't prerecorded. That show defintely went out live last night and you can clearly see the audience. It's pretty obvious it's mimed and like others have said it happens a lot here. It's no reflection on Meat whatsoever. Nearly every tv show i've seen Meat on / at in the uk over the yrs has been the same.

Just enjoy it for what it is everyone :-) Free promo and a chance to see Meat, Marion and a couple of the band on our tvs :D

Deb

I agree with Deb but one thing I didnot like on the show was, those dancers, they took the views away from Meat and Marion!!!!!!

BillyPhatu 22 Oct 2006 11:49

I liked the whole segment, I thought it was very stylish and not OTT but unforgettable at the same time. Although Meat is the definition of OTT, I feel it would have been out of place on this show. That song is so beautiful and emotional, and having the moody lights and the gothic-romancing dancers was a wonderful touch - for those who aren't so keen on Meat, it took enough attention off of him and put more on the song itself.

And I LOVE Meat's latest outfit, that really gorgeous jacket and shirt. I want one :-P

jcmoorehead 22 Oct 2006 12:32

The songs great, the promo was great unfortunetely I have now had to sit through half of Strictly Come Dancing to watch it. I feel so dirty :(

Regarding the miming, they probably didnt have time to set up all the instruments, tune them, run sound checks for what about 4-5 minutes of music. It's no big deal it's still promotion and gets the song more known.

MeatGrl1 22 Oct 2006 13:13

I thought this performance was amazing and I think this debate over miming/lip syncing isn't fair, Meat isn't on our screens often and when he is we tear that performance apart and look for the negative! Meat looked amazing and so did Marion, can we not atleast be proud and happy than trying to tear it apart so it get's to the point where the appreiciation seems to have breathed it's last breath!

ROSIE 22 Oct 2006 13:17

I totally agree:lol: :lol:

RadioMaster 22 Oct 2006 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 277491)
I thought this performance was amazing and I think this debate over miming/lip syncing isn't fair, Meat isn't on our screens often and when he is we tear that performance apart and look for the negative! Meat looked amazing and so did Marion, can we not atleast be proud and happy than trying to tear it apart so it get's to the point where the appreiciation seems to have breathed it's last breath!

If you look CLOSELY at the comments you will see that we are just discussing the fact that many tv performances are mimed, nobody is insulting Meat, if anybody is insulted at all then it are the producers of these shows.

The bottom line is it is bad that many performances are mimed.

tinkerbell 22 Oct 2006 14:39

who cares really? I can't comment i had my eyes closed enjoying the music, i was floating.

Nice one Meatloaf.

Keab42 22 Oct 2006 14:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatyjTs-EZQ

I've kept the quality of this quite low for people with slower connections, if you want the Hi-res version i'll upload it for you.

He's apparently on T4 sometime this weekend, so i'll see if i can get that too.

Sapphire Lady 22 Oct 2006 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keab42 (Post 277528)

Thanks for posting that - I missed it last night.

I see Marion is wearing the same outfit she wore at RAH.

Deb 22 Oct 2006 16:10

There's a very good quality recording from last night now on TNW It's recorded from dvdr to avi.

Deb


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:36.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04908 seconds with 11 queries.