mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

mszee 28 Jan 2009 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankie (Post 455507)
##^$&#($)%*$&$%%*%(^(*$&#^%&%&%&$
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

So, off my chest now...

Oh my god...I didn't think you are able to say something like THAT...hope you're ok...

allrevvedup 28 Jan 2009 23:40

F**k** Liverpool, we had the win tonight and blew it...f***, f*** and double f***

SW31 28 Jan 2009 23:51

i they are giving the title to bloody the ???????? down the road

SamCat 29 Jan 2009 00:18

Why do lightbulbs always blow in pairs i'm almost sitting in the dark here!! And why do i have 7 bayonet bulbs and no screw in ones lol!!

Battybarb 29 Jan 2009 09:15

why is life sooooooo s**t??????????????????????????????????????

LucyK! 29 Jan 2009 10:46

I think it's the way of the world that the s**t stuff happens to people who generally deserve it the least

Rockette 29 Jan 2009 14:13

I second that!

But why do we have to have a bloody heat wave? A whole week of one hundred degrees and over. Blah!

~Helen~ 29 Jan 2009 15:12

what's a heat wave?? :? ;)

i would love to give you some of the freezing temperatures we're predicted for next week...as i have no useable heating and could really use some of your heat!

pity we can't both have something in between!

belladonna-took 29 Jan 2009 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455553)
what's a heat wave?? :? ;)

i would love to give you some of the freezing temperatures we're predicted for next week...as i have no useable heating and could really use some of your heat!

pity we can't both have something in between!

I agree Helen, it's cold and wet here and getting colder and wetter and darker...

~Helen~ 29 Jan 2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455524)
Why do lightbulbs always blow in pairs i'm almost sitting in the dark here!! And why do i have 7 bayonet bulbs and no screw in ones lol!!

A DIY forum I visit has a 4 page spread purely discussing light bulbs...specifically energy saving light bulbs (mostly a moan) - and it did in fact start from someone's point that they keep being given free bayonet energy saving light bulbs (which are supposed to last 10 years) but only have two bayonet sockets in the house.

you're glad I told you that now aren't you?

Monstro 29 Jan 2009 16:32

c'mon then, where's the link to the DIY forum, four page discussion on light bulbs is right up this lot's street!!!

AndyK 29 Jan 2009 16:46

... yeah, "the light's on but no ones at home" sort of rings true doesn't it? :lmao:

~Helen~ 29 Jan 2009 17:16

:-P

samurai7 29 Jan 2009 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 455565)
... yeah, "the light's on but no ones at home" sort of rings true doesn't it? :lmao:

but as it's an energy-saving bulb, it's not too bright to begin with...

AndyK 29 Jan 2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 455567)

And more than likely wastes more energy and achieves less than a traditional one.

daveake 29 Jan 2009 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 455567)

Indeed.

When the techie guys have got their act together, these dim-o-lamps will be consigned to the bin (er, hazardous material container) where they belong, because we'll all be using LEDs instead.

Dave

SamCat 30 Jan 2009 23:44

I saw a bloke in Tesco's tonight with a large CarPhone Warehouse carrier bag and he was filling it up with loads of food!! I went and told the security guard who didn't seem to get what i was saying so he went and got someone else who did understand but was surprised that the bloke had gone!! I might not bother next time cos then the guard followed me round the shop until i left lol!!

Monstro 30 Jan 2009 23:46

wouldn't have happened in Sainsbury's lol

Battybarb 31 Jan 2009 00:46

or Waitrose...lol

SamCat 31 Jan 2009 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455637)
wouldn't have happened in Sainsbury's lol

Dont be so sure i saw some guys take a whole trolley full of booze out of Sainsbury's and straight into a van through the emergency exit lol!!

samurai7 31 Jan 2009 02:03

just back from a bizzarre gig. The show itself was great (even if I do say so myself ;)) and we raised over £1000 for charity, but the evening was marred somewhat by the absolute smegbags that decided to trash the venue's toilets, and smash up all the mirrors. Why are some people such utter fucknuggets?! :shock: :( :roll:

Betty 31 Jan 2009 02:43

this is working better than expected

Battybarb 31 Jan 2009 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 455656)
just back from a bizzarre gig. The show itself was great (even if I do say so myself ;)) and we raised over £1000 for charity, but the evening was marred somewhat by the absolute smegbags that decided to trash the venue's toilets, and smash up all the mirrors. Why are some people such utter fucknuggets?! :shock: :( :roll:

Glad the show went well,really well done for raising the money for charity,you always get someone to spoil things when things go right complete and utter t**sers....wanna get themselves a life

Battybarb 31 Jan 2009 03:12

really must get some sleep....

MeatGrl1 31 Jan 2009 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455636)
I saw a bloke in Tesco's tonight with a large CarPhone Warehouse carrier bag and he was filling it up with loads of food!! I went and told the security guard who didn't seem to get what i was saying so he went and got someone else who did understand but was surprised that the bloke had gone!! I might not bother next time cos then the guard followed me round the shop until i left lol!!

:shock: That's gratitude for you !!
Mabe this would of been a good idea to of turned a blind eye...

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 455656)

Congratulations Sean :up:.
That's great and am glad your gig went well however there will always be muppets to try and rain on people's parade, sad but true :roll:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455665)
really must get some sleep....

Totally agree, my heavens is that the time :shock: !!
Bought Aladdin on DVD, that's a good one too :cool:.
Night all

XxX

allrevvedup 31 Jan 2009 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455647)
Dont be so sure i saw some guys take a whole trolley full of booze out of Sainsbury's and straight into a van through the emergency exit lol!!

You're witnessing a lot of supermarket crime, be careful they could charge you as an accomplice!

Battybarb 31 Jan 2009 09:08

its saturday ,so why am i not having a lay in ????????????????????????????

SamCat 31 Jan 2009 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455668)
You're witnessing a lot of supermarket crime, be careful they could charge you as an accomplice!

LOL!! If ever someone is gonna steal something they'll do it in front of me i've seen so many shoplifters which is odd cos the security guards are usually following me round especially in Smiths!!

Hypnobabe 31 Jan 2009 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455674)
... the security guards are usually following me round especially in Smiths!!

Have you thought about leaving the black and white stripy jumper, black eye mask and swag bag at home when you go shopping, Emma? lol...

allrevvedup 31 Jan 2009 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 455681)
Have you thought about leaving the black and white stripy jumper, black eye mask and swag bag at home when you go shopping, Emma? lol...

take away all her fun why don't ya!

allrevvedup 31 Jan 2009 16:16

Had an audition with Q102, and irish radio station for a 3 month dj slot, went well, had to read a piece and i find out soon what they thought

~Helen~ 31 Jan 2009 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455701)
Had an audition with Q102, and irish radio station for a 3 month dj slot, went well, had to read a piece and i find out soon what they thought

ooh...belated good luck :-) fingers crossed!

~Helen~ 31 Jan 2009 19:31

scrubbing floorboards today. back killing :-(

allrevvedup 31 Jan 2009 19:48

thanks, think i need to sleep before i go out, being up at 6.30 is probably the reason for this

Battybarb 01 Feb 2009 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455701)

hope you dont have to wait too long to hear and the news will be good...good luck..:-)

Battybarb 01 Feb 2009 10:05

i am awake way too early for a sunday..

Hypnobabe 01 Feb 2009 16:09

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

That is my thought for today.

Betty 01 Feb 2009 17:28

Last weekend Mum, this weekend my Dad... :wall:
Ah well... at least yesterdays work do was BIG fun.
And we´ve got snow, yippeee :D

Monstro 01 Feb 2009 20:50

feckin snow, gonna make the mornings trip to work interesting

daveake 01 Feb 2009 20:58

I think I shall work from home tomorrow. Snow problem is now no problem :)

Dave

SamCat 01 Feb 2009 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 455749)
Last weekend Mum, this weekend my Dad... :wall:
Ah well... at least yesterdays work do was BIG fun.
And we´ve got snow, yippeee :D

I hope everything's ok hon You haven't had to chase ambulances again!!

Bloody hell its snowed lol!!

~Helen~ 01 Feb 2009 21:26

snow. not good.

MeatGrl1 01 Feb 2009 23:44

It is feckin' freezing.

Think tomorrow I'll stay and work on my Val file... I don't really want to go out into the snow unless I really, really have to !!

Betty 02 Feb 2009 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455759)
I hope everything's ok hon You haven't had to chase ambulances again!!

Bloody hell its snowed lol!!

lol No, no chasing the ambulance this time. Only a rush to the emergency doc :roll: This family is no fun atm

Snow is awesome!
How do Marvin and Sam like the snow?

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455754)
feckin snow, gonna make the mornings trip to work interesting

Have you seen it this morning yet Michael....lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 07:55

DOH....dont know why i am laughing,dont know how im gonna get to work,and i aint bloody walking...:roll:

daveake 02 Feb 2009 09:58

Central heating boiler has crapped out. Oh joy. Wonder what the weather's like ...

Dave

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455768)
Have you seen it this morning yet Michael....lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yup.......

http://media.mlxxfc.net/snow1.jpg

AndyK 02 Feb 2009 10:55

Oh no!

It's snowed in London, that's the news full of "The Ice Age Cometh" type stories!

Hypnobabe 02 Feb 2009 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455779)
Central heating boiler has crapped out. Oh joy. Wonder what the weather's like ...

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455782)

Hmmm....

Looks like Dave's working from work after all this morning, and Michael's going to get a cold bum!!!

SamCat 02 Feb 2009 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 455765)
lol No, no chasing the ambulance this time. Only a rush to the emergency doc :roll: This family is no fun atm

Snow is awesome!
How do Marvin and Sam like the snow?

Well i hope they are both getting better!!

At 3am this morning i was gonna take the cats to the re-homing centre!! Marvin has cabin fever cos he doesn't like going out in the cold so for entertainment he's been tormenting Sam He got her trapped under the bed so she was hissing, spitting and growling at him but he wouldn't let her out!! I got up and chased them both out of the bedroom, got myself a drink, went back to bed where Marvin attacked the duvet for 10 mins and then they both went to sleep so i lay there listening to them snoring away lol!!

daveake 02 Feb 2009 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 455785)
Looks like Dave's working from work after all this morning

Nah, I decided to stay at home and do something useful instead ...

http://tartarus.org/gareth/people/eek/snow/02.jpg

And the boiler has started working, if only temporarily ...

Dave

Hypnobabe 02 Feb 2009 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455787)
Nah, I decided to stay at home and do something useful instead ...

http://tartarus.org/gareth/people/eek/snow/02.jpg

And the boiler has started working, if only temporarily ...

Dave

:lmao: Love it!!

daveake 02 Feb 2009 13:11

Well, flushed with success (or possibly the heat from the now-working boiler), I went on and produced this ...

http://www.all4humor.com/images/file...0Sculpture.jpg

Dave :twisted:

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 13:36

Dave,i hope your boiler stays in working order,we have been without heating and hot water for nearly 3 weeks..long story,,after loads of money and a crappy fitter we now have heat...so i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you...
dont blame you for staying at home,i did the same,gonna do same tomorrow

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 13:40

Hospital just cancelled all appointments for tomorrow...great..why is this country so crap at dealing with bad weather,just as well we dont get it too bad...lol

SamCat 02 Feb 2009 13:45

Been out and now i'm back i've moved by clients to tomorrow hopefully it'll be a bit better then!! I could get into town but it was looking like i couldn't get home again so rather than risk it i've got a duvet day!! I got to go out later tho cos two cats get through a lot of litter lol!!

SamCat 02 Feb 2009 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455792)
Hospital just cancelled all appointments for tomorrow...great..why is this country so crap at dealing with bad weather,just as well we dont get it too bad...lol

Even the Circle line has been suspended and thats 90% underground lol!!

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 14:12

If I can get to work, then onto Euston St and back on my motorbike why aren't the busses running?

Just for Claire, my bum was toasty but my feet were cold lol

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455795)
Even the Circle line has been suspended and thats 90% underground lol!!

perhaps there is something they are not telling us and it now snows underground...lol

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455799)
If I can get to work, then onto Euston St and back on my motorbike why aren't the busses running?

think its just any excuse Michael,they dont seem to need a lot..bit like "leaves on the line" for the trains...lol

SamCat 02 Feb 2009 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455799)

Cos if you hit ice and go into a skid its one thing but if an 15 tonne bus does it its a whole different story!! And then theres the plane at Heathrow that skidded on its way to the terminal lol!!

daveake 02 Feb 2009 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455819)
Cos if you hit ice and go into a skid its one thing but if an 15 tonne bus does it its a whole different story!!

Maybe the bus drivers need more coaching?

I'll get me coat ...

Dave

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455820)

I'll get me coat ...

Dave

I'll get a gun

SamCat 02 Feb 2009 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455820)
Maybe the bus drivers need more coaching?

Definately and not just in driving but i cant imagine anything prepares you for a bendy bus going into a skid!!

Battybarb 02 Feb 2009 17:32

lovely if you are an eskimo

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2009 17:46

bit of snow here too...

am wrecked, celebrated liverpool's win too much yesterday!

Hypnobabe 02 Feb 2009 18:04

Feeling very pleased with myself, went to the gym today and actually got sweaty.... lol...

Had a snowball fight with the kids on the way home from school...

Got to go out to see a client later - don't want to... :(

daveake 02 Feb 2009 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455826)

Tonight I shall be celebrating Roy Keane's return to his rightful home ;-)

Well, I can't celebrate a win, so I might as well ... :lol:

Dave

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455826)
bit of snow here too...

you're forgiven, not something you've been able to do recently is it lol

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2009 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455830)
Tonight I shall be celebrating Roy Keane's return to his rightful home ;-)

Well, I can't celebrate a win, so I might as well ... :lol:

Dave

you meant robbie, right?

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2009 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455831)
you're forgiven, not something you've been able to do recently is it lol

very true...

and in other news, I just got a call from q102, I made it through to the last 18...next stage is on the 14th february

daveake 02 Feb 2009 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455832)
you meant robbie, right?

I did. It's a bit worrying that my brain has turned to soup and it's only Monday.

Dave

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455834)
I did. It's a bit worrying that my brain has turned to soup and it's only Monday.

Does explain why you support Spurs though

samurai7 02 Feb 2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455833)
very true...

and in other news, I just got a call from q102, I made it through to the last 18...next stage is on the 14th february

well done. good luck!

MeatGrl1 02 Feb 2009 19:44

Quote:

very true...

Congratulations Mike :up:.

daveake 02 Feb 2009 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455835)
Does explain why you support Spurs though

Normally at this point I'd try to think up a witty riposte, but in this case all I can do is agree with you :( :oops:

Monstro 02 Feb 2009 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455838)
Normally at this point I'd try to think up a witty riposte, but in this case all I can do is agree with you :( :oops:

Tis fun at the bottom though, who needs all the pressure of the top of the league?????

Howay the lads!!!!!!!!

~Helen~ 02 Feb 2009 21:06

Quote:

very true...

congrats and good luck and errrr...how does this interfere with the eye doodah?

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2009 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455841)
congrats and good luck and errrr...how does this interfere with the eye doodah?

i'm going to call them tomorrow as it's just the consultation with the surgeon on the saturday that i'll have to miss, so i'll see if i can rearrange that.

Q102 are emailing in the next couple of days about what the next stage entails

MissAsh 03 Feb 2009 02:48

Seems very weird to be looking at pics of snow in London while there's none at all here yet.
On a different note, I really hope my managers get leave sheets sorted soon so I can find out if I'm going to get to do a UK tour in April or not!

Betty 03 Feb 2009 11:36

Congrats Mike!!!! And good luck for the next step :D

Any chance of a few more snow pics from London? :pray:
I´m soooo jealous!!
Hope everyones ok though!!

MeatGrl1 03 Feb 2009 12:59

Very very very cold !!

Had to go out earlier but I came straight back again.

Do not think the buses are running and it's very icey, I avoid going out in these conditions unless I absolutely have to.

Monstro 03 Feb 2009 13:03

Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa, motorbikes and ice, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Betty 03 Feb 2009 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455875)
Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa, motorbikes and ice, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

You being ironic? :rly:;)

~Helen~ 03 Feb 2009 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455875)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 455877)

I'm hoping there won't be another broken arm on the way!

Monstro 03 Feb 2009 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 455877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 455880)
I'm hoping there won't be another broken arm on the way!

I'm being very very careful, even when wheelspinning into my parking spot at work lol

LucyK! 03 Feb 2009 15:45

Tons of snow, freezing temperatures, ice everywhere...today was not the day to break down and spend an hour and a half on the hardshoulder of the M1!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 17:01

Snow, no car ( forgot MOT..boring...and now it needs welding to get thru..) and no milk..kids off school and i've run out of Red Dwarf episodes. Baby it's cold out here and there's some kind of atmosphere but it's not doing much for me. Want some MILK. Can't live without coffee for much longer..
Better than the hard shoulder of the M1 i suppose though Lucy..even though there's no coffee.

allrevvedup 03 Feb 2009 17:04

a blanket of snow her and it's getting worse, wasn't fun walking to and from work today

Hypnobabe 03 Feb 2009 17:06

Quote:

...I just got a call from q102, I made it through to the last 18...next stage is on the 14th february

congratulations hon, hope it goes well for you...

Have been to the hairdressers today for the first time since about November... really needed doing, and I've had it cut quite short... might even go shorter than that next time...

Am really feeling the effects of that gym visit yesterday... still, if I'm hurty today, it must mean I did a good job yesterday, right?

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 17:10

snow pic

http://media.mlxxfc.net/DSC00949.JPG

This is my house where we have run out of milk.

MeatGrl1 03 Feb 2009 17:13

Walk to the convenience store then :p.

I would !! I can't live without tea but if we had run out like you had I'd brave the elements !!!!!!!!!!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 17:15

It's 11 miles!

allrevvedup 03 Feb 2009 17:17

not exactly convenient then is it

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 455900)
not exactly convenient then is it

Not even remotely. You don't get much in the way of convenience here on the Welsh Borders.

~Helen~ 03 Feb 2009 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455901)
Not even remotely. You don't get much in the way of convenience here on the Welsh Borders.

No but it's made up for by the beautiful pretty cottage you have there!

Monstro 03 Feb 2009 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 455886)
Tons of snow, freezing temperatures, ice everywhere...today was not the day to break down and spend an hour and a half on the hardshoulder of the M1!

Still love your Punto? LOL

allrevvedup 03 Feb 2009 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 455886)

is there really ever a day to do that?

hope you had some heat while waiting in the car

mszee 03 Feb 2009 18:49

Posting lately has been a huge effort which wasn't always even possible...

In any event...Mike, congratulations and good luck!!!!

AND...I have a question...when you talk about big snow...it's not like Bella's and Emma's pictures (on Facebook)...is it? Surely, MORE snow, right?