mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 18:51

only takes half an inch or so to bring the UK to a standstill Zina!

Doh! have also run out of food..so tea will be some oven chips, peas, tinned sweetcorn and one small tin of salmon between four....
Life is impossible without my car..and it's still freezing even with the heating on turbo. comes of having walls 3 inches thick with lots of gaps in them. Honestly, you can see to the outside through some of the gaps. Brrrr!
Tried to post more pics...but failed. Keep getting told i already have a file named something or other...and i rename the new file...and still it won't work. Looking on the bright side, you're probably all quite grateful. Am off now to spread 7 oven chips between four people.

mszee 03 Feb 2009 18:57

Just cause I don't post doesn't mean I don't care...so when everybody was posting about snow yesterday I looked up some pictures...and I didn't get it...I am sorry...

We are getting awful snow since night but right now it's not sticking yet...ummm...it looks just about like those pictures posted above...maybe a bit worse...but they say it's gonna get colder and it will really start sticking...yuck...

This year we have a bad winter...we have non-stop snow that melts during the day and freezes into ice at night, so we didnt' get out of ice this winter yet...pretty unusual for these parts...usually we get 2 or 3 awful snow storms (a foot or less of snow) and then that's it...

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:00

It's the ice that's so horrible isn't it? Unless you're a stunt driver as i know some of us are.
I can't keep the car ( that i don't have at the moment ) on the road in warm sunshine..ditches keep creeping up on me....let alone when there's ice in various shades of black or white all over the place. Eeeek!

mszee 03 Feb 2009 19:05

I usually don't drive in weather like this...multiple phobias which won't be discussed here for fear of the wise butts...co-worker gave me a ride to work today...

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455926)
I usually don't drive in weather like this...multiple phobias which won't be discussed here for fear of the wise butts...co-worker gave me a ride to work today...

I think that was kind of them Zina. Probably! It would be gutting to have to miss work of course!

Just found some old Marvel (dried milk) at the back of the cupboard. It's a bit brown and dried up....but i'm desperate..

mszee 03 Feb 2009 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455927)
I think that was kind of them Zina. Probably! It would be gutting to have to miss work of course!

Just found some old Marvel (dried milk) at the back of the cupboard. It's a bit brown and dried up....but i'm desperate..

Surprisingly enough, I am well liked...lol...

Congrats on milk...remembered radio talk show once when somebody mentioned that in America as soon as it snows, everybody is making French toast...stores are full of people buying bread, eggs and milk...lol...French toast...

SamCat 03 Feb 2009 19:41

Marvin and Sam have not been out for 2 days now there are no pawprints in the snow and the litter tray is full!! Even London cats dont cope with snow lol!!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:43

Our cats always used to use the tray just as we were eating...they were almost infallible. We hardly noticed, but visitors used to retch a bit. I suppose it might have been my cooking come to think of it...

SamCat 03 Feb 2009 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladonna-took (Post 455931)
Our cats always used to use the tray just as we were eating...they were almost infallible. We hardly noticed, but visitors used to retch a bit. I suppose it might have been my cooking come to think of it...

Sam always used to do that when she was a kitten and cos i'm open plan, there was quite a few meals we ate in the bedroom lol!!

belladonna-took 03 Feb 2009 19:49

snow snow everywhere and never a drop of milk

http://media.mlxxfc.net/DSC00973.JPG

Local facilities from the bedroom window...

R. 03 Feb 2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 455913)
Still love your Punto? LOL

Punto? Fix It Again Tony! :p

mszee 03 Feb 2009 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 455930)
Marvin and Sam have not been out for 2 days now there are no pawprints in the snow and the litter tray is full!! Even London cats dont cope with snow lol!!

Our neighbor's cat keeps on sitting in our backyard...I guess our snow is warmer...lol...

daveake 03 Feb 2009 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455936)
Our neighbor's cat keeps on sitting in our backyard...I guess our snow is warmer...lol...

Or cooler ... do cats get piles? :twisted:

Dave

mszee 03 Feb 2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455937)
Or cooler ... do cats get piles? :twisted:

Dave

What are piles???

daveake 03 Feb 2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 455938)
What are piles???

Ever wish you hadn't said something?

Bum grapes.

Next ...

Dave :twisted:

mszee 03 Feb 2009 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 455941)
Ever wish you hadn't said something?

Bum grapes.

Next ...

Oh...then cats must have it...why should they be better than us????

Oh yeah, they are...they own us...duh...

Battybarb 04 Feb 2009 08:27

think i am gonna need some ice skates to get to work this morning ,,its like a sheet of ice outside,should be good for a laugh...dancing on ice or what....lol

angelica 04 Feb 2009 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 455965)
think i am gonna need some ice skates to get to work this morning ,,its like a sheet of ice outside,should be good for a laugh...dancing on ice or what....lol

LOL:lol: You go Barb!

It's freezing here Brrr!!!! No snow or ice ... we only had thick snow for a day and then the heavy rain washed it all away! Thank goodness:-)

Rockette 04 Feb 2009 14:47

It's weird to sit in an Australian month-long heat wave and see ice and snow storms in the northern hemisphere.

You lot skate on your roads and ours are literally melting.

mszee 04 Feb 2009 16:11

We had a non-stop snow starting from the night before and all through the day yesterday...regular freaking non-stop blizzard...fortunately, temperatures dropped after the snow ended...so it's not so bad...

Unfortunately, some people did get it rough...my co-worker's uncle was coming from work yesterday, the car skidded and he hit the fire hydrant...instant death...life is becoming funner and funner...

belladonna-took 04 Feb 2009 20:28

That's horrible Zina.

mszee 04 Feb 2009 20:32

Yeah...I got your e-mail and I promise to reply but I probably won't be online from home for another day or so...sorry for the delay!

belladonna-took 04 Feb 2009 23:03

no worries x

Monstro 05 Feb 2009 12:04

Running someone over on your motorbike makes an interesting start to the day!!!!

AndyK 05 Feb 2009 12:08

Badly?

(or if it was a deliberate act ... how many gardens did you have to drive over before you hit them?)

MeatGrl1 05 Feb 2009 12:37

My sister just rang me and asked if I had looked out the window yet, which I said no as I was in the throws of getting up and she urged me to look so I got up a bit and peeked outside... Everyting is white and the snow is still falling, she asked me if I wanted to go tobogganing with her and bf Mike but unfortunaly I can't go because I have to work... Not looking forward going out there today, I looked out Mum's window and because cars have been running and the pavement has been walked on it looks to be slushy and a little icy underfoot... Oh joy !!
But have a day off tomorrow :cheer: !!

Monstro 05 Feb 2009 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 456043)
Badly?

Nope, I did it quite well lol

20' from a crossing with the lights on red, she decided she'd be better off walking up a bit then crossing in front of a van, don't think she'll do it again tomorrow!!!!

LucyK! 05 Feb 2009 12:44

So long as you're alright

AndyK 05 Feb 2009 13:06

Possibly more importantly. How's the bike?

MeatGrl1 05 Feb 2009 13:15

Or even the pedestrian :shock: :lol: ?

daveake 05 Feb 2009 14:08

Andy said more important ...

Suicidal peds go right to the bottom of the priority list (as well as to the bottom of the vehicle they jump out in front of).

Dave

allrevvedup 05 Feb 2009 17:08

yeah but i'm sure they make good target practice

allrevvedup 05 Feb 2009 17:14

Hmm...Q102 second audition is on the 14th at 12.10pm when the pre op for the laser eye surgery was at 12pm that day.

called the clinic and they don't have anything until else until the 16th, which was supposed to be my time for recovery, 3 days, and the time they couldn't give me from work but said i could take sick days.

Have to see if i can make the pre op in the afternoon on the monday, after work and take my time from then

Hypnobabe 05 Feb 2009 18:22

Andy, is it really cold where you are? Scrabble's nose looks a bit cold....

allrevvedup 05 Feb 2009 18:22

well that's that problem solved, pre op on the 16th, surgery on the 1st march

mszee 05 Feb 2009 18:44

Mike, good luck with everything!!!

daveake 05 Feb 2009 19:12

There's a killer on the loose (no, not Mad Mike and his bike) ...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...ller-afoot.jpg

mszee 05 Feb 2009 19:17

*Waiting for Michael to come and ask who is Mike*...

daveake 05 Feb 2009 19:20

Michael doesn't rhyme with Bike, so tough ;-)

AndyK 05 Feb 2009 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 456061)
Andy, is it really cold where you are? Scrabble's nose looks a bit cold....

It's not cold ... it's red-dy ;-)

Monstro 05 Feb 2009 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 456071)
*Waiting for Michael to come and ask who is Mike*...

All things come to those who wait lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 456072)
Michael doesn't rhyme with Bike, so tough ;-)

Please try Michael and motorcycle

RadioMaster 05 Feb 2009 21:58

been looking at old pics on facebook...I really miss the UK...

on a different note, did I mention I went to the Rocky Horror Show premiere last night? :D

daveake 05 Feb 2009 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456098)

Too many syllables for me :-(

But I'll try and remember for next time :-)

mszee 05 Feb 2009 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456098)
All things come to those who wait lol

:lmao:

MeatGrl1 06 Feb 2009 15:21

I want to go to town but will it be risky with the pavements being icy and all ?!
Ooh decisions !!

~Helen~ 06 Feb 2009 16:04

If one more person tells me (or comments amongst themselves) that I've put on weight (regardless of whether that's followed with statements along the lines of "but you look good") they're getting a slap :roll:

allrevvedup 06 Feb 2009 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 456126)
If one more person tells me (or comments amongst themselves) that I've put on weight (regardless of whether that's followed with statements along the lines of "but you look good") they're getting a slap :roll:

Have you lost weight?

allrevvedup 06 Feb 2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 456101)
been looking at old pics on facebook...I really miss the UK...

on a different note, did I mention I went to the Rocky Horror Show premiere last night? :D

so you finally had a decent excuse for your crossdressing

Siobhan 06 Feb 2009 18:05

I think it managed to snow just about everywhere in england today except Southampton - stupid geothermal hot spot thingy :evil:

~Helen~ 06 Feb 2009 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456127)
Have you lost weight?

a couple of pounds maybe...which granted is nothing compared to however many i've put on (hiding from scales - don't want to know) ... but seriously ... do you TELL people they've put on weight? I'm not dangerously overweight, and probably not fat, but c'mon, being told you've put on weight really does nothing for your confidence

lettuce and ryevitas for tea then... :(

so i'm off to decathalon shortly to buy something to run / go to the gym in that's not shorts and not those horrible thick trakkie bottom things that create static on the treadmill causing it to electrocute me whenever i touch it!

Betty 06 Feb 2009 18:52

IŽm deeply disappointed!
on the other hand its been a beautiful day, sunny, warm with stunning sunrise and sunset

allrevvedup 06 Feb 2009 22:26

you're obviously not in dublin!

allrevvedup 06 Feb 2009 22:47

finally came up with a very rough demo to open your eyes in the guitar lesson tonight

Monstro 06 Feb 2009 22:48

surely you'd be better off opening peoples ears?

allrevvedup 06 Feb 2009 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456144)
surely you'd be better off opening peoples ears?

there'll be a free crowbar with the cd release:D

Battybarb 07 Feb 2009 01:11

friday night,sitting in bored....something definately...WRONG...lol

Betty 07 Feb 2009 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456141)
you're obviously not in dublin!

i wish i was though!

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

reeeally shouldnt have driven home :nope:

allrevvedup 07 Feb 2009 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456169)
i wish i was though!

charmer!

Quote:

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

reeeally shouldnt have driven home :nope:
you couldn't have carried the car?

Battybarb 07 Feb 2009 10:43

looking foward to a lovely lazy weekend for a change...

Rockette 07 Feb 2009 12:15

Hottest day on record - ever - and bushfires all over the place. Towns decimated. :(

daveake 07 Feb 2009 14:48

Dug up enough snow to allow the car to escape from its white prison.

At last we managed to reach civilisation so the fridge is now stocked up :-)

Dave

Hypnobabe 07 Feb 2009 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 456186)
Dug up enough snow to allow the car to escape from its white prison.

At last we managed to reach civilisation so the fridge is now stocked up :-)

Dave

Keep your fingers crossed that the Tesco man managed to get to work this morning, and will be able to deliver my shopping this afternoon...

Betty 07 Feb 2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456171)
charmer!

:p I know

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456171)
you couldn't have carried the car?

was way too tired to drive. better not gonna do that again :oops:

needmoremeat 07 Feb 2009 19:35

Hate BT :( We've had enough, we're leaving them. Four months of intermittent broadband, we can't be doing with it anymore, we're changing to Sky, and if BT try to charge us for breaking contract we will fight them on the beaches...

Betty 07 Feb 2009 20:12

We get Torchwood over here in March.
Makes completely sense, especially because we didnt even get to see the complete first series of Doctor Who lol
I bloody hope weŽll make it till the second series of Torchwood, cos it has James Marsters in it :drool:

Monstro 07 Feb 2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmoremeat (Post 456197)
Hate BT :( We've had enough, we're leaving them. Four months of intermittent broadband, we can't be doing with it anymore, we're changing to Sky, and if BT try to charge us for breaking contract we will fight them on the beaches...

Best I don't tell you about the broadband hell we went through with Sky or how many months it took to resolve, I still don't like the service 18months later.

allrevvedup 07 Feb 2009 21:33

3-2...top of the league...ain't it beautiful:D

I should add that newcastle won without their eejit of a manager, who was in hospital...could their be a link?!

Siobhan 07 Feb 2009 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456201)
Best I don't tell you about the broadband hell we went through with Sky or how many months it took to resolve, I still don't like the service 18months later.

were with O2 and they've been good so far and its only Ł7.50 a month if you are with O2 on your mobile...

SamCat 07 Feb 2009 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmoremeat (Post 456197)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 456201)

I'm with Virgin for internet and landline and i've not had many problems lol!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456199)
We get Torchwood over here in March.
Makes completely sense, especially because we didnt even get to see the complete first series of Doctor Who lol
I bloody hope weŽll make it till the second series of Torchwood, cos it has James Marsters in it :drool:

You'll love it Torchwood is brilliant and John Barrowman is sooooo gorgeous!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456202)
3-2...top of the league...ain't it beautiful:D

I should add that newcastle won without their eejit of a manager, who was in hospital...could their be a link?!

Oops lets hope Michael wasn't waiting for MOTD lol!!

daveake 07 Feb 2009 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 456205)
John Barrowman is sooooo gorgeous!!

Hmmm ... how do I put this .... you do realise that Barrowman is, well, erm, Scottish?

SamCat 07 Feb 2009 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 456206)
Hmmm ... how do I put this .... you do realise that Barrowman is, well, erm, Scottish?

Well i'm half Scottish so its ok lol!!

mszee 07 Feb 2009 23:02

That's what I call "whoops"...lol...

allrevvedup 08 Feb 2009 00:28

whoops upside your head?

daveake 08 Feb 2009 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 456208)
That's what I call "whoops"...lol...

Ah, I think I need to explain to our foreign friends who don't know who he is :-)

"Scottish" was a euphemism. Although SamCat has some Scottish in her, the chances of having some Barrowman in her is zero since not only is he Scottish, but he's also gay...

Dave

SamCat 08 Feb 2009 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 456214)
Ah, I think I need to explain to our foreign friends who don't know who he is :-)

"Scottish" was a euphemism. Although SamCat has some Scottish in her, the chances of having some Barrowman in her is zero since not only is he Scottish, but he's also gay...

Dave

LOL!!He's the only man i'd have a sex change for!!

allrevvedup 08 Feb 2009 09:31

the snow is back and i'm going back to bed

MeatGrl1 09 Feb 2009 00:29

Walking back wasn't fun, actually I cried because I was so scared that I'd slip, at one point I was just stood in the middle of the road.. Stuck because I tested the road around me with my foot and it slid, almost rang mum but thought I am almost home, I can do it and somehow I got home but it's scary when it's like this !!

~Helen~ 09 Feb 2009 01:55

should've tried driving in it...or not. roads not gritted, everything white...no one driven up the hill before me so just had a sheet of icey slippy whiteness to drive up hill on. in a peugeot 106. at least my drive home wasn't boring! (if you're wondering who won between me and the car, it was me...and i pray that remains the case!)

Heli 09 Feb 2009 04:43

Sooooooooooooooo tirrrred :(

Heli 09 Feb 2009 04:44

Ok it's a lie...I'm a bit coffeed up. However I have that dry eyed, could really do with a long sleep sort of feeling.

Just 2 and a bit hours till my train.

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 05:48

Crying over snow is a bit nuts :nuts: unless you're a child and other kids are throwing snowballs filled with stones in them - Grrrrrr!

Pud :twisted:

Betty 09 Feb 2009 12:58

all 3 tickets sorted!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheer: :mrgreen:
Roll on May!!!

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 13:21

just need lots of sleep...

SamCat 09 Feb 2009 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456251)
all 3 tickets sorted!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheer: :mrgreen:
Roll on May!!!

Is that a yippeeeeeeeeeee i can join in with lol!!!!

Betty 09 Feb 2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 456259)
Is that a yippeeeeeeeeeee i can join in with lol!!!!

LOL
Certainly, feel free to join, a further yippeeeeeeeeeeeee can never be wrong! Especially when youŽre involved anyway :mrgreen:
Been dancing through the office after I won the auction lol :oops:

Rockette 09 Feb 2009 13:49

Thoroughly gutted by the human cost of our fires here in Victoria, Australia.

First the worst drought in history dries up the countryside, then the heatwave from hell and then a succession of fire balls (and not the yummy kind) swallows up what's left.

It's all so depressing, and hard to escape when you open windows and the smell of smoke fills your nostrils.

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 14:00

sounds like a total nightmare for you,hope it improves soon

SamCat 09 Feb 2009 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 456260)
LOL
Certainly, feel free to join, a further yippeeeeeeeeeeeee can never be wrong! Especially when youŽre involved anyway :mrgreen:
Been dancing through the office after I won the auction lol :oops:

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

And i just killed a really hard boss in Castlevania lol!!

MeatGrl1 09 Feb 2009 15:52

Pud, I was not crying because it was snow, I love the snow but if you read my post properly you would of read that I was scared of falling on ice... May seem petty to you but as I have brittal bones a fall could break one !!
That aside glad I made it in one peice.

So much to do and so little time !!

allrevvedup 09 Feb 2009 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 456241)
(if you're wondering who won between me and the car, it was me...and i pray that remains the case!)

so do i as i doubt the car can make such entertaining posts

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockette (Post 456261)
Thoroughly gutted by the human cost of our fires here in Victoria, Australia.

First the worst drought in history dries up the countryside, then the heatwave from hell and then a succession of fire balls (and not the yummy kind) swallows up what's left.

It's all so depressing, and hard to escape when you open windows and the smell of smoke fills your nostrils.

It's truly shocking beyond belief, especially when they think most of the fires were deliberately started.

We had the smoke haze from those fires drift over to New Zealand, turned the sky a weird yellow. Kinda puts it into perspective the size of the fires when we get the smoke from over 2,000 Km away.

AndyK 09 Feb 2009 21:14

Just seen the news reports about the fires in Oz, makes the stories that've been run over in the UK about a little snow and ice somewhat insignificant really.

daveake 09 Feb 2009 21:20

Absolutely. We whinge about not being able to get into work, whilst people in Oz are losing their houses and in some cases their lives. I can't imagine what it's like trying to escape the inferno in a car, and getting burnt to death on the way.

Dave

Pudding 09 Feb 2009 21:23

Yep, I can understand old ladies getting stressed about the weather in the UK, but not the younger ones. The folks in Oz would welcome a massive snow fall right about now.

allrevvedup 09 Feb 2009 21:46

beggars belief how someone could even consider starting those fires

Battybarb 09 Feb 2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456291)
beggars belief how someone could even consider starting those fires

they have got to be totally insane and should be locked up and the key chucked away forever

daveake 10 Feb 2009 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 456306)
they have got to be totally insane and should be locked up and the key chucked away forever

I think being strapped to a burning tree would be more appropriate.

mszee 10 Feb 2009 00:06

Best wishes to Australians and New Zealanders...our thoughts are with you...

mszee 10 Feb 2009 03:37

In other news...I was called a "looney tunes on crack" today...I think I like it...I think I am legally changing my name to THAT...

Pudding 10 Feb 2009 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 456311)
Best wishes to Australians and New Zealanders...our thoughts are with you...

The fire isn't really affecting New Zealand, just the smoke haze. Any best wishes should really just go to the Aussies.

The totally bizarre thing is, in Northern Australia they've got floods due to tropical rainstorms :nuts: