mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Loaf! Camera! Action! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Meat On Strictly come dancing (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373)

Leah 22 Oct 2006 16:43

I sooo enjoyed watching tv last night (which is rare!) We had TWO Meaty treats which was just fantastic. I had butterflies in my tum watching Meat and Marion hoping that it all went fine for them (live tv must be quite scary). Its ashame about the lip-synching but then again its the land of tv and to be expected! I was just happy enough to have Meat on my screen doing what he does best. Way to go Meat! :cheer: :weee:

Keab42 22 Oct 2006 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 277541)
I sooo enjoyed watching tv last night (which is rare!) We had TWO Meaty treats which was just fantastic. I had butterflies in my tum watching Meat and Marion hoping that it all went fine for them (live tv must be quite scary). Its ashame about the lip-synching but then again its the land of tv and to be expected! I was just happy enough to have Meat on my screen doing what he does best. Way to go Meat! :cheer: :weee:

it was a good performance, shame they kept focusing on the dancers.

i'm sorry that i could't hit the record button fast enough for TOTP2.

also i missed his entry in 100 greatest pop videos on E4.

Meataholic 22 Oct 2006 18:38

This prime time TV slot was fantastic publicity for Meat:D

I really, really enjoyed Meat & Marion's performance (as did friends who aren't Meaty fans).

Great stuff Meat:D

gilly 22 Oct 2006 20:13

Gilly
 
Thank God it was mimed at least we were saved a re-run of the Ken Bruce nightmare! Marion is brilliant but doesnt anyone think it makes Meat look a bit of a dirty old man. I will get lynched for this I can see it coming, but look folks get real he's in his own words, an old man (he isnt hes only 59) and she is a very young woman. Surely it would have been better to get someone older to do this duet with him (not necessarily the same age). With whats going on with the McCartneys, no fool like an old fool, surely Marion was not perhaps the best choice. I thought the Aspen/Meat Paradise at the RAH was spot on in its way of dealing with that.

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly (Post 277682)
Thank God it was mimed at least we were saved a re-run of the Ken Bruce nightmare! Marion is brilliant but doesnt anyone think it makes Meat look a bit of a dirty old man. I will get lynched for this I can see it coming, but look folks get real he's in his own words, an old man (he isnt hes only 59) and she is a very young woman. Surely it would have been better to get someone older to do this duet with him (not necessarily the same age). With whats going on with the McCartneys, no fool like an old fool, surely Marion was not perhaps the best choice. I thought the Aspen/Meat Paradise at the RAH was spot on in its way of dealing with that.

You really have no idea at all! Do you even know what the song is about?! It's about a long lost love and the women he is singing to is the women he lost so many years ago....... It would look very odd if he sang to an older women because it would mean the long lost love wouldn't actually be a 'LONG' lost love!

Yes, you were right that you would get lynched for your comment...... However, i'm not lynching you simply because for your comment, it is because of you shear ignorance towards Meat and the song.

gilly 22 Oct 2006 20:35

And the woman hasnt got any older ? Please can you let all us older gettting females how that happens? Apart from anything else a lot of the people out there watching wouldnt have a clue what the song is about, they would purely take it on face value and on face value, well I rest my case!

Deb 22 Oct 2006 20:37

She died so no she didnt get any older

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly (Post 277688)
And the woman hasnt got any older ? Please can you let all us older gettting females how that happens? Apart from anything else a lot of the people out there watching wouldnt have a clue what the song is about, they would purely take it on face value and on face value, well I rest my case!

Meat is basically singing to the dead girl as he saw her when she was younger and alive...... Unless you are a beleiver of the undead and can see ghosts then the character in the song would not know what this women would look like as she got older...... He only has his memories to go by.

mszee 22 Oct 2006 20:43

I am just watching this discussion and marveling at gilly...

gilly 22 Oct 2006 20:43

How many people would have worked that out? Only probably anyone who is a real Meat fan (including me) would have realised that, anyone hearing for the first few times probably wouldnt understand the meaning. The video works because it is surreal but last night looked like a straight love song. Most people dont dont read things properly and certainly dont listen to the words of anything properly. You only have to listen to phone ins to realise that two contributors listening to the same programme will appear to have heard two totally different views.

Sapphire Lady 22 Oct 2006 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keab42 (Post 277551)
it was a good performance, shame they kept focusing on the dancers.

Well it was Come Dancing after all :mrgreen:

daveake 22 Oct 2006 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 277689)
She died so no she didnt get any older

She's looking quite good considering the death thing :twisted:

I can see how someone could be confused ... :roll:

Dave

gilly 22 Oct 2006 20:58

Thank God I am not alone in the world! I really didnt fancy being lynched.....
and I love the song and Marion's voice

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 277699)

I can see how someone could be confused ... :roll:

Dave

Marion was with Meat on the live version simply because she is helping to promote the single. I'm sure Meat would have sang with a corpse if he could but, if he did then the next time we'd see him he would be wearing a big fat orange suit with a ball and chain around his ankles.

gilly 22 Oct 2006 21:14

And very pretty he would look too!!!! A singing corpse could be rather fun though.............

daveake 22 Oct 2006 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul191 (Post 277704)
Marion was with Meat on the live version simply because she is helping to promote the single.

Note to self: don't try ironic humour again.

Dave

mszee 22 Oct 2006 21:16

:shock:

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 277710)
Note to self: don't try ironic humour again.

Dave

Ooooooooh, now I get it..... Yep, your right, don't try ironic humour again, lol.;)

mszee 22 Oct 2006 21:25

I am still working it out in my head how ANYBODY can be confused...give me a little time...:lmao:

Paul191 22 Oct 2006 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 277716)
I am still working it out in my head how ANYBODY can be confused...give me a little time...:lmao:

I'm with you on that one...... lol

CarylB 22 Oct 2006 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 277694)
I am just watching this discussion and marveling at gilly...


That's one word .. I can think of others. And as Meat said .. how does this help the process? Not a whit imo ..

He can't duplicate the video on stage or TV .. nor imo does he need to. The song is beautiful, they sing it beautifully. It worked at RAH, it worked on TV .. just appreciate the words and the performance.

Caryl

The Flying Mouse 22 Oct 2006 21:29

:twisted: So it was mimed?

Good bit of prime time exposure 8)

Shame he wasn't allowed to do it live, but at least very little can go wrong on a mimed performance :wink:

As for the dirty old man comment, I think that's out of order :evil:

For one, I agree that it makes sence in the context of the song that Marion is much younger, AND, Meat and Marion are both acting a PART.

Not only that, but let's face it, Marion is a nice bit of eye candy for the viewer.


I think Marion got the gig because A - she sounds good, and B - she LOOKS good.


You think IACB would be half as alluring if it was a duet between Meat and auntie Doris with her hair in curlers and her apricot tights on?

They are both profesional performers, this is not real life, it's an ACT.

24K 22 Oct 2006 21:30

What are you on! I would have Meat anytime and he has over 20 years on me!The man is Sex God who radiates charm and charisma.
How dare you compare Heather McCartney ( who has been ridden more times than the big dipper!) to the beautiful Marion Raven!

daveake 22 Oct 2006 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul191 (Post 277714)
Ooooooooh, now I get it..... Yep, your right, don't try ironic humour again, lol.;)

Check :-)

mszee 22 Oct 2006 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE (Post 277722)
:twisted: So it was mimed?

Good bit of prime time exposure 8)

Shame he wasn't allowed to do it live, but at least very little can go wrong on a mimed performance :wink:

As for the dirty old man comment, I think that's out of order :evil:

For one, I agree that it makes sence in the context of the song that Marion is much younger, AND, Meat and Marion are both acting a PART.

Not only that, but let's face it, Marion is a nice bit of eye candy for the viewer.


I think Marion got the gig because A - she sounds good, and B - she LOOKS good.


You think IACB would be half as alluring if it was a duet between Meat and auntie Doris with her hair in curlers and her apricot tights on?

They are both profesional performers, this is not real life, it's an ACT.


Bravo, maestro!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:54.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 11 queries.