mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

mszee 12 Mar 2009 00:54

Hope you have a good one and hope Betty is ok too...we got Paddy Casey instead of Duke this Saturday...no clue who he is...well, youtube is my friend...but...

duke knooby 12 Mar 2009 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458457)
Hope you have a good one and hope Betty is ok too...we got Paddy Casey instead of Duke this Saturday...no clue who he is...well, youtube is my friend...but...

youre still going then?? nice one

duke knooby 12 Mar 2009 01:32

that warms the back of the throat all right... good gear!!!

mszee 12 Mar 2009 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458458)
youre still going then?? nice one

I am still going...there are altogether I think something like 4 Irish artists/bands that night, including Foy...I've gotta see Foy at least...

In my next life, I will be born in Ireland...don't know yet where exactly right now...but for sure...

JanT 12 Mar 2009 11:31

Sitting in the Crew Room at work, bright eyed and bushy tailed, eating WineGums, drinking RedBull, and on a break. :shock:

~Helen~ 12 Mar 2009 13:01

People keep telling me I am young :-D

mszee 12 Mar 2009 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 458471)

And then they tell you you're old...hang on to young...middle aged is just a myth...

~Helen~ 12 Mar 2009 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458473)
And then they tell you you're old...hang on to young...middle aged is just a myth...

I like young. young is good :-)

Lord Kagan 12 Mar 2009 13:24

why the feck did she have to wake me up at half 8

mszee 12 Mar 2009 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 458474)
I like young. young is good :-)

EXACTLY!

Betty 12 Mar 2009 16:10

in plaster for the next 7 days. changing the gears is interesting now lol

Zina you get to see Foy Vance!?! How cool is that??!!

mszee 12 Mar 2009 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458490)

Zina you get to see Foy Vance!?! How cool is that??!!

Very sorry, Betty...and I hate to tell you that I told you so...lol...don't worry, after plaster comes off you will be as good as new...but do be careful with computer mouse and any kind of joystick...

I do hope that I will see at least Foy...I already lost twice on Duke...

Hypnobabe 12 Mar 2009 23:28

:(

Why do bad things happen to good people? It's not fair...

MeatGrl1 13 Mar 2009 00:02

Still not been paid and it'll be two weeks tomorrow :shock: !!

My plans don't seem to be happening and saving is not happening :( !!

mszee 13 Mar 2009 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 458510)

I hope you're ok...

Battybarb 13 Mar 2009 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 458510)

it happens all the time,you are dead right it is not fair and good things happen to bad people...

Battybarb 13 Mar 2009 02:53

why am i still awake at this hour when i have to be up at 7am....insomnia !

~Helen~ 13 Mar 2009 11:04

Red Nose Day...Comic Relief...hmm...wouldn't realise it around our office!

Hypnobabe 13 Mar 2009 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458512)
I hope you're ok...

I'm fine thanks hon, found out last night that my tutor can't be my tutor any more because his cancer's back and he may be in hospital on Monday for surgery and chemo...

Monstro 13 Mar 2009 12:13

How rude is it when so called professionals call you when they're eating, like I want sound effects!!!!!

LucyK! 13 Mar 2009 12:31

Out of curiosity just looked at the Michael Jackson tickets on Ebay....2 tickets, front block, 4th row, Buy It Now price of Ģ10,000

~Helen~ 13 Mar 2009 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 458534)
How rude is it when so called professionals call you when they're eating, like I want sound effects!!!!!

worse is old people phoning without their teeth in

MeatGrl1 13 Mar 2009 13:56

Should be getting some money today... Need to go to the bank !!

daveake 13 Mar 2009 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 458539)
Should be getting some money today... Need to go to the bank !!

No use going to the bank - they don't have any money either ;-)

Dave

mszee 13 Mar 2009 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 458532)
I'm fine thanks hon, found out last night that my tutor can't be my tutor any more because his cancer's back and he may be in hospital on Monday for surgery and chemo...

I am sorry, Claire...best wishes to your tutor for a recovery!

mszee 13 Mar 2009 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 458535)
Out of curiosity just looked at the Michael Jackson tickets on Ebay....2 tickets, front block, 4th row, Buy It Now price of Ģ10,000

I kinda assumed it will go this way...they showcased his catalog on AI because of his tour and he didn't even show up although most people do - it's a plug for them...apparently he doesn't need plugs...he needs new brains but that's entirely different story...

mszee 13 Mar 2009 14:43

Can somebody please e-mail me list of movies (85) connected to not having life? I have a problem copying it on the facebook.

Thank you.

Monstro 13 Mar 2009 14:44

Quote:

Andy....ANDY....BREATH....BREATH.....that's it, in and out, in and out......

999 emergency, which service do you require....

Ambulance please....

Oh, and do you cancel paypal accounts?

allrevvedup 13 Mar 2009 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458457)

Paddy Casey was big smash over here, but couldn't really do a thing outside Ireland, his last album wasn't as big though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 458471)

believe them...it's usually old people that tell you that out of jealousy;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458490)

Sorry to hear that

Quote:

even sorrier to hear that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 458534)

i hate the ones that call and have their partner screaming in the background...not good

Quote:

saw him in Ireland about 12 years ago and he mimed all the songs, tarped out an area for the first 10-20 feet of the stage and for the Jackson 5 songs he sang sounded rubbish, probably the worst show i've been to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 458545)

if only i got more calls with people asking that!

Betty 13 Mar 2009 16:51

Quote:

... found out last night that my tutor can't be my tutor any more because his cancer's back and he may be in hospital on Monday for surgery and chemo...

very sorry to hear that hon!!

mszee 13 Mar 2009 18:52

Mike, I've heard him on youtube and wasn't impressed - not my cup of tea. While posting on Irish forum about this I got this in response "somebody really doesn't like you"...lol...

The bad news is I am all gutted about Duke...the good news (I have to look for one - otherwise it's all rubbish) is that Duke was closing the fest...so if I really don't like Paddy, we will just bolt and won't miss anything else...

AndyK 13 Mar 2009 19:38

Quote:

Ambulance please....

:lmao:

Betty 13 Mar 2009 22:31

very good evening that was. might have to tidy up the party garden shed tomorrow tho :?

~Helen~ 13 Mar 2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 458540)
No use going to the bank - they don't have any money either ;-)

Dave

it's true! :-(

http://media.mlxxfc.net/bankbalanceno.jpg

mszee 13 Mar 2009 23:55

Yeah, amount definitely looks correct to me...

duke knooby 14 Mar 2009 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458491)

I do hope that I will see at least Foy...I already lost twice on Duke...

i hope you see foy.. and i hope you like him... he's an awesome talent... amazing singer... but more importantly, i hope you enjoy the gig, whomever you get to see.

duke knooby 14 Mar 2009 03:19

whats the old thread time frame anyway to avoid infractions???

mszee 14 Mar 2009 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458565)
whats the old thread time frame anyway to avoid infractions???

As far as I am concerned if the thread is interesting or if there are news on the topic...I don't think it ever gets old...of course, if somebody is looking for a new avatar 5 years ago...chances are they might have found it by now...or lost it forever...whatever...

mszee 14 Mar 2009 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458563)
i hope you see foy.. and i hope you like him... he's an awesome talent... amazing singer... but more importantly, i hope you enjoy the gig, whomever you get to see.

Thank you, Jonty...to tell you that I am not disappointed though would be a complete lie...

mszee 14 Mar 2009 17:04

Jonty, this is another person who will be there tonight...wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKlPXmCjpRg

samurai7 14 Mar 2009 17:52

Wales were incredibly luck in the rugby. They didn't deserve that win.

Betty 14 Mar 2009 18:04

Weīll be watching "The Unborn" in cinema tonight...after having seen the trailer for about 5 times it shouldnīt be too bad now... but still, looks raaather frightening :shock:

Zina, have fun tonight!!

mszee 14 Mar 2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458575)
Weīll be watching "The Unborn" in cinema tonight...after having seen the trailer for about 5 times it shouldnīt be too bad now... but still, looks raaather frightening :shock:

Zina, have fun tonight!!

Thanks, Betty!!! Don't get too frightened - enjoy the movie!!!

Lord Kagan 14 Mar 2009 21:16

booooooooooooooored

allrevvedup 14 Mar 2009 23:48

Ah Man Utd fans...your boys took a hell of a beating :lol:

great win and a great week for Liverpool FC...happy? just a bit!

Betty 15 Mar 2009 02:28

bit tired:?

allrevvedup 15 Mar 2009 03:12

going to bed...don't miss me too much:D

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458583)
bit tired:?

me too

Betty 15 Mar 2009 04:48

sorry :oops:;)

mszee 15 Mar 2009 06:16

Jonty...eat your heart out...take two...lol:

http://media.mlxxfc.net/IMG_1436.JPG

Oh mate...that was some evening...and yes, Foy now knows all about you!!!

I can't describe the evening...if Duke was there I would have probably died...

Thanks for everything...forever in your debt...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 06:40

And oh yeah...no reason to tell me I look retarded in that picture...I know it already...Foy told me to go outside and he will come out to take a picture...of course, I immediately had to go to the bathroom...as I came out, I passed him running out towards the exit...Dan is trying to get me back, I turn around and see Foy Vance waving at me to come over...I missed him by a mile...that's when I went cuckoo completely...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 14:56

was a good gig then???????

mszee 15 Mar 2009 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458599)
was a good gig then???????

Good isn't the right word...we will have to talk about this...maybe you're used to this seeing Duke and all...but we have never seen anything like this...still can't listen to a single sound of music...still digesting what I've seen and heard...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458609)
Good isn't the right word...we will have to talk about this...maybe you're used to this seeing Duke and all...but we have never seen anything like this...still can't listen to a single sound of music...still digesting what I've seen and heard...

that doesn't sound good... ahwell

great pic btw... he's changed his hat lol

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458610)
that doesn't sound good... ahwell

great pic btw... he's changed his hat lol

Well, I tried MSN you ain't there...it IS good...that's how I take music in...if it blows me completely away then I can't listen to anything for a while...

You should have seen the hat though...it looked like some homeless dude wouldn't wear...lol...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:07

is it fair to say, that no youtube clip quite catches being there?

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458612)
is it fair to say, that no youtube clip quite catches being there?

Oh no...no...not even close...I wasn't prepared at all...people who never heard of Foy Vance but came to see other artists were crying...I opened my mouth and forgot to close it...

Mind yourself...other artists were VERY good...but only when Foy came on...if I was those other artists, I would have immediately quit the business...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:14

Needless to say that I was catching those crying ones and turning them on to Duke too...although there were plenty of people there who actually came to see Duke not knowing that he isn't there...before Foy place was semi-empty...I felt bad...when Foy came on the place was already packed solid...when he finished there was mass exodus...seeing the reception he said he'll be coming back...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:18

as long as you enjoyed it lol

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458616)
as long as you enjoyed it lol

Again, enjoyed isn't the right word...blown away is closer but still no cigar...ran home and ordered his CD at 2 am in the morning...lol...

Those Youtube clips are like Foy on heavy sedatives in comparison to live performance...lol...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:21

By the way, you avatar now is my most favorite picture of Duke...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:25

did he just stick to the guitar for that show??

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458620)
did he just stick to the guitar for that show??

Yeah, also some keyboards, but he was doing all kinds of crazy stuff...he used 2 microphones, recorded himself through one and then played himself back in a loop...he played guitar with his teeth or sang into the guitar...he did something with keyboards too...it was truly surreal cause impression was that you're listening to the band and backup singers...

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 18:30

where he builds the song in layers???

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:30

Since audience wouldn't let him go and he ran out of his time, set up time for the next guy and the next guy's time...he arranged it so that audience was doing sing along while he was busy packing himself...it was kinda funny to realize that he is just trying to get away from us while we were busy singing along...

mszee 15 Mar 2009 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 458624)
where he builds the song in layers???

I think this is what it was...honestly we've never seen or heard anything like this so I can't tell...

Betty 15 Mar 2009 21:32

Zina, Iīm glad you had a brilliant time!!

Ok, two engagements at one day...Did I miss something??? Is it engagement day??
Bet none of the two couples will actually get married in the end :roll:

mszee 15 Mar 2009 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458638)
Zina, Iīm glad you had a brilliant time!!

Ok, two engagements at one day...Did I miss something??? Is it engagement day??
Bet none of the two couples will actually get married in the end :roll:

Betty...if you have even a slight chance to see this man in concert...go for it...it was off the charts amazing!!!

There comes a time when all of a sudden everybody gets engaged, then married, then - children...the trick is not to get caught in this but just follow your own course and do what is right for you!!!

JanT 15 Mar 2009 22:32

Folk are disappearing from my FaceBook friends and I'm wondering why :shock:

Betty 15 Mar 2009 23:09

:bicker: :wall: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duke knooby 15 Mar 2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458642)
:bicker: :wall: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what happened?? and is it my fault?

Betty 15 Mar 2009 23:40

relax and enjoy your pizza. tis not your fault

SamCat 16 Mar 2009 00:30

Betty I keep missing you lol!! Jonathon Wilkes is going on tour with WWRY and guess what part he's playing?!!!! Ha ha you'll never guess lol!!

Battybarb 16 Mar 2009 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 458641)

ive been having the same problem Jan

mszee 16 Mar 2009 02:14

Well, cheer up...I didn't even know I know as many people as are my friends now on the facebook...lol...actually I didn't check if any of them disappeared...hmmm...

mszee 16 Mar 2009 02:15

Seriously speaking, if somebody left the facebook you will automatically lose them as friends...

Heli 16 Mar 2009 02:19

I'll love anyone just that little bit more if they donated 10p or more to my event :D www.justgiving.com/fingertipevents

I'll love you for just having a quick look at the link ^_^!

JanT 16 Mar 2009 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 458653)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458656)
Well, cheer up...I didn't even know I know as many people as are my friends now on the facebook...lol...actually I didn't check if any of them disappeared...hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458657)
Seriously speaking, if somebody left the facebook you will automatically lose them as friends...

Well I lost Emma from mine and I can't find her on anyones list but I know she's there because she told me to add her. :?

LucyK! 16 Mar 2009 10:35

Quote:

Ambulance please....

:lol: as if! Wouldn't put MJ tickets on my card, let alone anyone elses! I raelyl can't imagine him being anything other than a huge disappointment, which is really sad for the die-hard fans who have been waiting for this since goodness knows when :?

LucyK! 16 Mar 2009 10:37

Is this PC going mental or have they rearranged Facebook?

AndyK 16 Mar 2009 10:48

The words at the top of the screen saying "Ths is your new facebook homepage" (or something like that) might be a bit of a giveaway :))

Betty 16 Mar 2009 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 458647)
Betty I keep missing you lol!! Jonathon Wilkes is going on tour with WWRY and guess what part he's playing?!!!! Ha ha you'll never guess lol!!

Hon, I heard that heīs touring with WWRY but I havenīt found out yet what part heīs playing...
Please donīt tell me heīll be Kashoggi????????????????????????????Noooohohohooooo!!

SamCat 16 Mar 2009 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458665)
Hon, I heard that heīs touring with WWRY but I havenīt found out yet what part heīs playing...
Please donīt tell me heīll be Kashoggi????????????????????????????Noooohohohooooo!!

Oh yes!!

Betty 16 Mar 2009 13:04

:wall: :panic:
Ok, I think I definitely gotta have a closer look at the cities they are touring :whistle: lol

mszee 16 Mar 2009 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 458661)
Well I lost Emma from mine and I can't find her on anyones list but I know she's there because she told me to add her. :?

Which Emma???

mszee 16 Mar 2009 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458665)

Kashoggi stalker...lol...

Monstro 16 Mar 2009 13:31

Who's Jonathon Wilkes?

SW31 16 Mar 2009 13:34

isnt he a rugby player

Hypnobabe 16 Mar 2009 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW31 (Post 458671)
isnt he a rugby player

No, he's the bloke that's famous for being Robbie Williams' ex-flatmate, isn't he?

Betty 16 Mar 2009 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458669)
Kashoggi stalker...lol...

Caught :oops:
Ah well... I need some joy in my life lol

Betty 16 Mar 2009 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 458672)
No, he's the bloke that's famous for , isn't he?

:up:
Well... one little correction:
Heīs the HOT bloke thatīs famous for being Robbie Williams' ex-flatmate
haha

mszee 16 Mar 2009 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 458673)
Caught :oops:
Ah well... I need some joy in my life lol

It is probably a nightmare for Kashoggi...but hey...as long as you have joy...who cares, right? We certainly care nothing about Kashoggi...PLUS...he is in the future anyway...

MeatGrl1 16 Mar 2009 15:11

Just got a ticket to see MB's last matinee and evening shows of Hairspray.
That is exciting :heart: then there's his concert on the 18th September so I am really excited :cool:.

samurai7 16 Mar 2009 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 458672)
No, he's the bloke that's famous for being Robbie Williams' ex-flatmate, isn't he?

I thought he was famous for being Robbie Williams's EX lol ;) :twisted:

~Helen~ 16 Mar 2009 17:13

this day is going too quickly. where has it gone? haven't got half the things done i'm supposed to :-(

~Helen~ 16 Mar 2009 17:14

oh. and i have a big hole in the plaster on my stair wall now...existing plaster is loose. very loose. more delays to plasterer coming...have to remove all the loose bits. hmmm

MeatGrl1 16 Mar 2009 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 458641)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 458653)

Yes I too am having this problem.. Wondering if it's something about me... Er don't answer that :p LOL !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458656)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458657)

That is true, most are people I don't really care for and are old work colleagues but I haven't the heart to delete them :shock: !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 458661)

I've found you and sent a friend request...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 458668)
Which Emma???

That would be me !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 458670)
Who's Jonathon Wilkes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW31 (Post 458671)
isnt he a rugby player

Jonathan Wilkes is Robbie Williams best friend, he was Frank in the stage show of Rocky Horror on it's 30th Anniversary tour.

I touched his hand during the Floorshow bit and he replied to one of my call backs at Bromley, ah wonderful memories :heart:.

daveake 16 Mar 2009 17:45

OK, so now I understand ...

http://www.masalatime.com/img/8985.jpg

:lol:

LucyK! 16 Mar 2009 17:48

Time and money to find a woman...you're looking at the wrong women! :p

mszee 16 Mar 2009 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 458686)
Time and money to find a woman...you're looking at the wrong women! :p

I think he actually already found her...now he causes her trouble and she costs him money...love story of all ages...lol