mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

daveake 30 Mar 2010 10:34

It's Global Warming.

Er, I mean, Climate Change.

AndyK 30 Mar 2010 10:41

It's March, it's always snowed in March. You're in Dublin so stop being British and complain about something other than the weather.

allrevvedup 30 Mar 2010 11:16

very little to complain about after the weekend, I saw my team win at Anfield, saw the brilliant film that is The Blind Side and am getting an award for work today...

ok I do have something to complain about, no recording contract!

duke knooby 30 Mar 2010 11:43

feeling a good bit better :-)

patiently waiting for the snow

allrevvedup 30 Mar 2010 12:21

drive down to Dublin, we have a lot to spare!

Battybarb 30 Mar 2010 23:35

The bitch is back !

mszee 31 Mar 2010 03:51

Finally found one Irish possibly excited about my possible visit...

mszee 31 Mar 2010 03:51

And it's Carl and he is drunk...I am just going to take his excitement at face value and not wait around for him to sober up!

suzieq 31 Mar 2010 04:52

Is loving my Meat Loaf network tonight....can't thank you enough.

RadioMaster 31 Mar 2010 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 486338)
And it's Carl and he is drunk...I am just going to take his excitement at face value and not wait around for him to sober up!

it's never a good idea to wait for carl to sober up...

duke knooby 31 Mar 2010 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 486338)
and not wait around for him to sober up!

as its his birthday today you might be waiting along time for him to sober up

duke knooby 31 Mar 2010 12:48

im now sober

MeatGrl1 31 Mar 2010 13:26

Am hungry...

Sue K 31 Mar 2010 14:15

the sun is peeking through the clouds this morning ... it's been cold windy and rainy for two days now ... i think my town got over 2 inches of rain ... i consider us blessed and lucky though after seeing the footage of flooding in Rhode Island... i hope all are okay there ...

Battybarb 31 Mar 2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 486359)
im now sober

do we believe that ...lol...:lol:..sorry only joking

MissAsh 01 Apr 2010 02:48

I was so confused for a moment there, can't believe I had already forgotten what day it is after discussing band/forum pranks with a friend only an hour or so ago! So very glad I'm not working later, I get to dress up and go out for Bad Boy Johnny and the Prophets of Doom instead :D

mszee 01 Apr 2010 04:04

OK...so this is your idea of April 1 joke, R., eh??? You better get me another avatar or I will NEVER shut up...and I don't want you to take it as a threat...more like a promise...I do like this avatar though...I think this is the best job Tom Cruise ever done...hmmm...

mszee 01 Apr 2010 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 486350)
as its his birthday today you might be waiting along time for him to sober up

I know...me and Carl are best amigos on facebook...

duke knooby 01 Apr 2010 04:08

nice one

mszee 01 Apr 2010 04:11

No I SERIOUSLY hate Tom Cruise...

Jonty do you see your avatar or something else?

duke knooby 01 Apr 2010 04:13

i see R which scared me enough to click no avatar

then i thought nah, i cant let him win

mszee 01 Apr 2010 04:16

Right...I think everybody got the same avatar...

duke knooby 01 Apr 2010 04:18

the bald bloke
?

mszee 01 Apr 2010 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 486512)
the bald bloke
?

Tom Cruise...it's Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder...

duke knooby 01 Apr 2010 04:20

ohh rightn

duke knooby 01 Apr 2010 14:50

never mind

RadioMaster 01 Apr 2010 22:57

just got home about two hours ago and gotta get up again in about 6 hrs :wall:

duke knooby 02 Apr 2010 00:26

has normal service resumed yet???

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 486508)
i see R which scared me enough to click no avatar

that was soo accurate a prediction it was almost scary

actually it was scary!!

MeatGrl1 02 Apr 2010 01:55

Cup of tea, rewatch Moonwalker :heart: then bed for me, working 11AM - 3PM today :cool:.

Night night XxX

mszee 02 Apr 2010 03:31

Now I am thinking that that scary avatar was better than my present one...time for a change I think....

allrevvedup 02 Apr 2010 12:51

need to find a decent but not too crazily priced hotel to stay in London for the Pearl Jam show in June

RadioMaster 02 Apr 2010 20:40

try this one http://www.fairwaylondon.com/

AndyK 02 Apr 2010 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 486817)
need to find a decent but not too crazily priced hotel to stay in London for the Pearl Jam show in June

Get something within walking distance of Hyde Park if you can ... if it's anything like the Springsteen show last summer the tube will be stacked after the Hard Rock show!

duke knooby 02 Apr 2010 23:27

maybe my work here is done.. more alcohol reqyuired

MeatGrl1 03 Apr 2010 01:55

Finally got through the mountain of requests on fb :shock: !!

And I'm effin freezin' !!

MeatGrl1 03 Apr 2010 02:39

Well that was cool, just spoke to Tito on twitter :cool: !!

Sue K 03 Apr 2010 12:41

... i don't think it's really that we long for the "good old days" ... it's just we want to be kids again without all the adult responsibility ... because if you think about it truly... with your head AND heart... the good old days weren't really that good for some ...

melon 03 Apr 2010 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487013)
..... the good old days weren't really that good for some ...

Agree with you there

duke knooby 03 Apr 2010 14:03

its a bit like 2003 and 2006 again with all the opinions and disagreements and fights

melon 03 Apr 2010 14:17

My drink is nearly empty :shock:

Sue K 03 Apr 2010 15:48

i was going to pull up the thread "what are you eating rignt now" ... however... by the time i found it... i'd be done... lol ... as i am ... so... i'll go OFF TOPIC... lol... and tell you here... it was a loverly toasted onion bagel with a shhhmear of cream cheese topped off with a bit of peach preserves ... it was soooooooooooo delish and hit the spot !! ...

melon 03 Apr 2010 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487074)
i was going to pull up the thread "what are you eating rignt now" ... however... by the time i found it... i'd be done... lol ... as i am ... so... i'll go OFF TOPIC... lol... and tell you here... it was a loverly toasted onion bagel with a shhhmear of cream cheese topped off with a bit of peach preserves ... it was soooooooooooo delish and hit the spot !! ...

Technically, nothing in this thread can be off topic.... because you would be thinking of eating while you are eating that bagel huh??? Yeah.

Sue K 03 Apr 2010 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 487076)
Technically, nothing in this thread can be off topic.... because you would be thinking of eating while you are eating that bagel huh??? Yeah.

who thinks when eating ? ... i can't HEAR myself think with all the "mmmmmm" going on ... lol ... xo

OHOH and i DID have another thought... a thought ... lol ... i'm up to 8903 posts ... after this one ... soon it will be time for me to pull up a thread to celebrate my 9000th post... lol ... be prepared... and bring presents... lol... xo

hayley 03 Apr 2010 16:02

is going to be full of chocolate and wine this time tomorrow :D

Sue K 03 Apr 2010 16:14

... i'm off to shop in a bit to purchase what i'll be full of tomorrow... lol ... HEY WATCH IT THERE... i know what you're thinkin'... lol ... but i can't buy that where i'm going to for shopping ... lol ...

duke knooby 03 Apr 2010 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayley (Post 487080)
is going to be full of chocolate and wine this time tomorrow :D

if you leave out the chocolate it'll leave more room for wine!!

RadioMaster 03 Apr 2010 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 487099)

or vice versa!

melon 03 Apr 2010 17:28

Or Chivas as in my case lol..... whole bottle and I think I have effectively drunk myself sober lol

RadioMaster 03 Apr 2010 22:31

spending 2x12 hours a day at the office on a weekend..... nothing wrong with that

Sarge 03 Apr 2010 22:33

Nothing wrong? Get your own office. ;)

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 00:14

... the hardboiling of eggs is happening ... they're for the macaroni and potato salads... so... cookin' for the feast begins ... lol ...

hayley 04 Apr 2010 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 487099)

GENIUS :D but there is alwaaaays room for chocolate lol :yep:

duke knooby 04 Apr 2010 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayley (Post 487193)
GENIUS :D but there is alwaaaays room for chocolate lol :yep:

what if, you left out the chocolate and went on to poteen??
that would be of value to you!!

hayley 04 Apr 2010 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 487194)
what if, you left out the chocolate and went on to poteen??
that would be of value to you!!

lol well from what wikipedia tells me poteen is a highly alcoholic beverage...(learn something new everyday lol)

I think the poteen might be a bit too much for me my student days are long gone...im getting old now...:(

Plus this small nugget from wikipedia has made me think that my wine is most definately best to stick to..."The quality of poitín was highly variable, depending on the skill of the distiller and the quality of his equipment. If poorly produced it can contain dangerous amounts of methanol and can blind or kill. In 2007 samples were found to contain chicken droppings."....LOL

duke knooby 04 Apr 2010 01:51

i wouldnt say its a highly alcoholic beverage lol

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 02:06

... the eggs are hardboiled... and the turkey's popped into the oven ... the family is full of hope... lol ... bless their innocent heads and hearts... hahaha...

duke knooby 04 Apr 2010 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487207)
... the eggs are hardboiled... and the turkey's popped into the oven ...

at least the turkey was well trained :D

mszee 04 Apr 2010 03:00

Now I just have to figure out who Tito is...................oh right...it's that guy with one follower on Twitter

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 487208)
at least the turkey was well trained :D

if only he'd pop back out the oven and start the potatos to boiling ... :? ... lol ...

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 03:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 487211)
Now I just have to figure out who Tito is...................oh right...it's that guy with one follower on Twitter

oh... i'm sure Tito has many more than one follower... he was my fave Jackson of the brothers ... :-) ...

mszee 04 Apr 2010 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487213)
oh... i'm sure Tito has many more than one follower... he was my fave Jackson of the brothers ... :-) ...

Really...you must have missed Michael then...he was one of them...

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 487216)
Really...you must have missed Michael then...he was one of them...

no ... i didn't miss him ... when i became a fan... he was just a tyke ... ;) ... you must have missed the show The Jackson Five had on tv back in the day ... before Michael Jackson became... "Michael" ... no last name needed... ;) ...

mszee 04 Apr 2010 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487219)
no ... i didn't miss him ... when i became a fan... he was just a tyke ... ;) ... you must have missed the show The Jackson Five had on tv back in the day ... before Michael Jackson became... "Michael" ... no last name needed... ;) ...

14000 followers...just like I thought...most celebrities have followers in millions...

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 487221)
14000 followers...just like I thought...most celebrities have followers in millions...

ahhh... how nice... i prefer the exclusivity of a smaller group of followers ... it makes us unique ... and gives us more to love ... ;) ... less to have to share... nice indeedy ... thanks for checking ... i feel even more special than i did before ... :lol: ...

Battybarb 04 Apr 2010 12:20

now back in London from Liverpool,looking forward to a lovely day with my girls as i have really missed them

Sue K 04 Apr 2010 14:44

Happy Easter meatie peeps ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 487237)
now back in London from Liverpool,looking forward to a lovely day with my girls as i have really missed them

good on you Barb... enjoy it ... i live in Pennsylvania USA and my daughter and grands in Maryland... due to work i'm unable chance to visit with them ... but my middle grandson ... 13yo ... now has avail to him a cell phone... that takes pictures !! ... and last night he sent along a picture of my daughter and him ... lol ... i teared up actually and wrote him that it was so very cool ... like... lol ... space travel or something... he probably thinks his mom-mom a silly ol' poo ... and i am ... for him ! ... lol ... enjoy !

Battybarb 05 Apr 2010 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 487260)
good on you Barb... enjoy it ... i live in Pennsylvania USA and my daughter and grands in Maryland... due to work i'm unable chance to visit with them ... but my middle grandson ... 13yo ... now has avail to him a cell phone... that takes pictures !! ... and last night he sent along a picture of my daughter and him ... lol ... i teared up actually and wrote him that it was so very cool ... like... lol ... space travel or something... he probably thinks his mom-mom a silly ol' poo ... and i am ... for him ! ... lol ... enjoy !

thanks Tink...had a great day..it is hard when you are away from them...even when they are all grown...lol

Battybarb 05 Apr 2010 04:46

cant sleep AGAIN....omg it 3.46am

melon 05 Apr 2010 12:24

I am seething.

RadioMaster 05 Apr 2010 18:02

just remembered how painful the singing of the goff sisters was...

JennaG 05 Apr 2010 18:06

I probably should have warmed up before going mad on my punchbag.

duke knooby 05 Apr 2010 18:52

:( poor

RadioMaster 05 Apr 2010 19:07

:-) rich

duke knooby 05 Apr 2010 19:46

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza!!!

AndyK 05 Apr 2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 487507)
just remembered how painful the singing of the goff sisters was...

They did have some good points though ;-)

Monstro 05 Apr 2010 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 487565)
They did have some good points though ;-)

4 lol

RadioMaster 05 Apr 2010 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 487566)
4 lol

beat me to it!

Sue K 05 Apr 2010 22:37

... my husband just walked passed me saying "big ones hunh?" ... it made me jump thinking he was looking over my shoulder ... :shock: ...but he was remarking on something heard on the radio ... lol ...

RadioMaster 05 Apr 2010 22:50

besides doing my own work I gotta replace 3 people at work tomorrow...that'll be fun

Sue K 05 Apr 2010 22:56

... the pasta salad is delish ! ...

mszee 06 Apr 2010 00:04

Note to myself...never to argue with people who don't know they have a shift key on their computer....

Sue K 06 Apr 2010 00:47

In celebration that we have baby owl !!!

may my heart always be open to little... by e. e. cummings

may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living
whatever they sing is better than to know
and if men should not hear them men are old

may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even if it's sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young

and may myself do nothing usefully
and love yourself so more than truly
there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
pulling all the sky over him with one smile

click to see baby owl if he's peeking out !!

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/oehoe

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 01:01

Is so pi$$ed off right now :mad: !!

Evil One 06 Apr 2010 01:03

Better than being pissed on, unless you like that sort of thing. :shrug:

Sue K 06 Apr 2010 01:29

... the little owl is peeking his head out the nest ... his mom must be off searching for a nice juicy mouse for dinner !! ... lol ...

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 01:56

Have a question.

I have a friend on facebook who I've known since colleage only her gf has blown it with me by being inconsiderate and leaving horrible comments and remarks about MJ on my page, so I ended up deleting and blocking her because I don't need to tolerate that and if you don't like him that's OK too just don't try rubbing his fans up the wrong way LOL.
Anyway recently she's used my friend (her gf's) account to continue with her slanderous comments but what do I do, block and delete this friend I've known for years to be rid of these comments for good or just keep deleting the posts, I seriously don't know what to do... ?

Sue K 06 Apr 2010 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 487626)
Have a question.

I have a friend on facebook who I've known since colleage only her gf has blown it with me by being inconsiderate and leaving horrible comments and remarks about MJ on my page, so I ended up deleting and blocking her because I don't need to tolerate that and if you don't like him that's OK too just don't try rubbing his fans up the wrong way LOL.
Anyway recently she's used my friend (her gf's) account to continue with her slanderous comments but what do I do, block and delete this friend I've known for years to be rid of these comments for good or just keep deleting the posts, I seriously don't know what to do... ?

Em ... have you talked to your college friend about this ? ...

Sarge 06 Apr 2010 02:00

Why don't you just talk to your friend regarding the issue?

lisa01 06 Apr 2010 02:03

post your thoughts

I cant belive how quick Easter has come and gone over so fast i just hope the next few weeks will fly over as iam really starting to get excited about meat loafs album comming out soon roll on 19th of April

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 02:06

That is another thing, she doesn't seem to understand why I like him and she's so wrapped up in her gf that she doesn't see what the problem is plus I can't message her on fb because it might get to the person I don't want to see it and really I'm in a pickle, it's too much for a text message really and with 10p a message it'll be costly, not sure what her e-mail is but IDK I just don't feel safe to contact her on fb about this because it will probably trigger more MJ hatered to my page !!

IDK what to do :shrug: :( !!

Sue K 06 Apr 2010 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 487632)
That is another thing, she doesn't seem to understand why I like him and she's so wrapped up in her gf that she doesn't see what the problem is plus I can't message her on fb because it might get to the person I don't want to see it and really I'm in a pickle, it's too much for a text message really and with 10p a message it'll be costly, not sure what her e-mail is but IDK I just don't feel safe to contact her on fb about this because it will probably trigger more MJ hatered to my page !!

Em... this friend from college... are you able to phone her ? ... and if not ... why don't you have a secure email for her ? ... take offense if you must Em ... but she doesn't sound like a close good friend... know what i mean ? ... a good friend... imo ... would just accept what / who you do or don't like ... liking Michael is an innocent thing ... it's not like liking the idea of joining a skinhead group or something ... imo ... i would try best to contact this friend... and if all else fails... block her ... good luck Em ... xo

Sarge 06 Apr 2010 02:13

If the person is really a friend, there should be other ways of contacting her than FB or text messages and your interest in Michael Jackson shouldn't be a problem. (?)

CarylB 06 Apr 2010 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 487632)

These kinds of issues are always best dealt with by talking rather than writing imo .. you can at least guage the other person's responses as you're going along. If you can text you presumably have her phone number. Call her, talk it through and if she's a good friend you'll find a way together to resolve the problem, because if it's a problem for you she'll understand that. If she doesn't ... then explain that regretfully you'll have to do the only thing left to you and block her on facebook but will keep in touch by other means.

Caryl

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 02:20

I've never considered her a close friend so no offence taken tink ;), it's just really annoying y'know personally for me myspace, facebook, forum accounts etc are personal and something I wouldn't share no matter how involved or together I was with someone but I also appreciate that each and everyone is different and has different standards. I can't really phone her no because I do not know her landline and calling a mobile will cost loads.
I know last night she messaged me; "No offence but why are you so obsessed with Michael Jackson ?" I replied in a note. Wondering if that really was my friend or this gf though I sort of think it was genuinly hers but I don't like doubting people especially those I think of as friends !

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 487634)
If the person is really a friend, there should be other ways of contacting her than FB or text messages and your interest in Michael Jackson shouldn't be a problem. (?)

Yes I have to agree with that, mabe I'll go to her page and see if there is an e-mail to contact her, however if it comes to it I could text her and ask for it. And I totally agree my best friend likes Britney Spears, personally I can't stand her but because I love this friend to bits I wouldn't then write negative and degrading comments about her.
But that's the story of my life I've always been great at choosing friends :roll: !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 487635)
These kinds of issues are always best dealt with by talking rather than writing imo .. you can at least guage the other person's responses as you're going along. If you can text you presumably have her phone number. Call her, talk it through and if she's a good friend you'll find a way together to resolve the problem, because if it's a problem for you she'll understand that. If she doesn't ... then explain that regretfully you'll have to do the only thing left to you and block her on facebook but will keep in touch by other means.

Caryl

I agree Caryl,
Reason I came here is because it's safe and I need advice, yes as I said before hun ringing a mobile from a landline is expensive so that's not really an option plus where our phone is located it's not really private and people can hear everything !!
I appreciate the advice and hope I don't come off sounding ungrateful as that isn't my intent by all means ;). I think I have her address if she hasn't moved so I could write to her but then who's to say the gf won't get a hold of it... This whole situation just totally and utterly sucks !!

CarylB 06 Apr 2010 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 (Post 487638)
I agree Caryl,
Reason I came here is because it's safe and I need advice, yes as I said before hun ringing a mobile from a landline is expensive so that's not really an option plus where our phone is located it's not really private and people can hear everything !!
I appreciate the advice and hope I don't come off sounding ungrateful as that isn't my intent by all means ;). I think I have her address if she hasn't moved so I could write to her but then who's to say the gf won't get a hold of it... This whole situation just totally and utterly sucks !!

I appreciate the issue about cost of calls to a mobile .. one reason I find it infuriating when people expect me to always use their mobiles and don't seem to even bother checking messages left on their landlines .. lol

So you have really left yourself with the options of getting hold of an email address for her, writing to her snail-mail, or simply blocking her. Frankly if you are worried she might pass any mail on to her friend she doesn't seem to be that much of a friend to you, so I'd tend to lean towards blocking her and waiting for her to contact you.

If none of these options will work then you're right .. you have a problem and it's beyond my conflict handling advice :-)

Caryl

mszee 06 Apr 2010 04:13

I think if you go to her status and hover around it you will see "ignore"button...push it and you don't have to block it and resort to any desperate measures...you have to learn to ignore...

Evil One 06 Apr 2010 12:27

Are they actually horrible comments or are you being a bit oversensitive? If this person bothers you that much then just delete them. If you mean something to them then they will notice and open up some form of dialogue eventually. If they don't then you didn't matter to them anyway. :shrug:

MeatGrl1 06 Apr 2010 12:49

They were degrading and vile comments that are false.
I am not over analizing I just have a really deep love and respect for MJ and as it's my page I don't want that negativity on my page. And yes you have a point.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time out and given me advice, I really appreciate it XxX

howlerformeatloaf 06 Apr 2010 16:11

I am not sure what thread or where this should go but Meat in on shatners raw nerve at 10:30 on bio in the states today.