mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 22 Nov 2010 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 529889)
Beemer?

:D

Netty 22 Nov 2010 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeleton (Post 529721)
I have a really bad motivation problem with my thesis.. I don't want to do it but I have to do it.. :wall:

I know my subject and I already have 17 pages. The subject is: Foundation of preservation area.

I don't know what to write or how much I supposed to write.. My teacher/tutor doesn't have time to advise me because she is really busy.. :shrug: What can I do? I'm stuck with the subject.. :(

oh yes i have the same problem with my thesis which is about the traffic companies' financing, i have 66 pages at the moment and i think i finished it but my tutors can find out something for me :? the worst thing is that i have to take it to the college when i'll be in Birmingham for Meat's show but i'll find the way to work both out :D

LucyK! 22 Nov 2010 20:54

This time next week we'll be waiting for Meat to come on stage...Meat fear is really kicking in now!!!

duke knooby 22 Nov 2010 23:30

since when did ~~~~~~ all snow become heavy snow on the weather forecasts???

allrevvedup 23 Nov 2010 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 529906)
The radio show won't be online tonight, but it's on 92.5 Phoenix FM here in Dublin at 10pm

I hope to have some audio and video from it soon though.

went really well tonight...interview was fun and the songs sounded great.

samurai7 23 Nov 2010 12:19

Hell of a gig last night - flowers thrown up onto the stage. Must admit, that's a first lol

Monstro 23 Nov 2010 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 529954)
Hell of a gig last night - flowers thrown up onto the stage. Must admit, that's a first lol

Still in the vase?

duke knooby 23 Nov 2010 22:04

i really really really really really really gotta get tickets for this gig

me thinks all tix will be gone before i can get some :(

and its the bestest ever ticket selection ever

ever

and im working when they go on sale DAMN IT!

samurai7 23 Nov 2010 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 529962)
Still in the vase?

you're definitely getting quicker, Michael. This one only took you three hours to think up! :-P

Sue K 24 Nov 2010 12:15

Happy Happy day before Thanksgiving Day, meatie peeps !

I am SO proud of my fellow Americans ! I've not a clue if the tv show Dancing With The Stars is seen world-wide, but if so, I guess I'm proud of the citizens of the world ! Sarah Palin's daughter did NOT win the grand prize !!! I really thought Mama Bear Palin had all her Mama Grizzlies and Pitbulls with lipstick voting over and over keeping the kid in, but... JUSTICE WON OVER !!! and Jennifer and hotcha Derek took the prize !!! YAY FOR THEM AND ME ! (it's the only "reality" type show I watch and having to see Mama Bear in the audience week after week was ruining it a bit for me, but a beautiful waltz by Jennifer Grey and Derek could always perk me up ... awww ... just gorgeous ! )

allrevvedup 25 Nov 2010 16:46

Three times in the past week I've had to go from Dublin to Kildare for Jury service and three times I haven't been selected.

At least it's over and done with now.

Evil One 25 Nov 2010 16:50

Three times this week I have waited in for Orange to sort there ~~~~ up out, and three times I have been disappointed.

allrevvedup 25 Nov 2010 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 530136)
Three times this week I have waited in for Orange to sort there ~~~~ up out, and three times I have been disappointed.

so that's Orange and Jury services that are rubbish then? or just Orange Jury services maybe?:shock:

Evil One 25 Nov 2010 17:17

I wrote this on the Rockman on Tuesday:
Quote:

I thought some of you may enjoy a chuckle at my misfortune...

Things started off wonderfully well: my contract was up and Orange offered me a much cheaper tariff and a brand new, shiny Nokia N8. Sadly it's all downhill from there.

I received my shiny new N8 earlier on today, complete with new sim card and other assorted bollocks. I registered the sim as you do and then put it in the little black cartridge and stuck it in the phone. It turns out that this was a major error on my part, and it was incredibly stupid of me to insert the new sim card SUPPLIED BY ORANGE into my new phone. I waited a couple of hours and still my phone was offline. I tried various things and then randomly tried to take out the sim card. It would not come out! It turns out that the new micro sim supplied to me BY ORANGE was not designed for the Nokia N8 and it was now stuck.

After I spent the best part of an hour on the phone to Raj and his friends in India it turns out Orange made a booboo and put the wrong sim in the box. I have to wait until Thursday for them to send me a new one out by courier.

The best bit is that I am now without a working phone. They can't re-register my old sim card for some insane reason and the new one supplied won't work in any of my old phones.

If anyone else finds themselves in this mess; the answer is yes, you can get the sim card back out with some tweezers, but you have to be bloody careful!
Followed by this yesterday:
Quote:

Last night I had a good idea! While the micro sim wouldn't work in my new Nokia N8 it did work in my old Nokia N85, so I wasn't totally without a phone. I had to go out this morning, but I made sure there was someone in the house to take delivery of the new sim being couriered out by Orange. It turns out this was a BIG MISTAKE. Mr Indian call centre yesterday 'helpfully' forgot to tell me that the courier would also be picking up the micro sim and wouldn't drop off the new one without doing so.

After another 45 minutes spent on the phone with Orange I now have to wait in tomorrow morning for another sim to be sent out. I was also told that I'm not the only one to suffer this fate and they've sent out many phones with the wrong sim! I did manage to get a month's worth of stuff knocked off my bill though, so it wasn't a total bollock.

From the last couple of days I have deduced that Orange is not what it used to be!
And here is todays update, exclusive to MLUKFC!

The new sim card was delivered this morning, and now I've discovered that the phone doesn't work! Orange will replace it for me but there is one slight problem with that: They are out of stock and won't be getting any more in for at least two weeks. :wall: They have kindly decided to lend me a Nokia X6 in the mean time which is actually worse than the phone I already have, so it will sit unopened in it's box ready to go back.

I now have to wait around yet again tomorrow for the random appearance of the courier. :kickass:

duke knooby 25 Nov 2010 18:02

ma car ist shit in der snow/ice

LucyK! 26 Nov 2010 10:03

3 more sleeps!! :cheer:

Evil One 26 Nov 2010 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 530243)

Indeed. I can barely contain myself. 3 days to go until the Like A Rose fan campaign bursts on to the scene! :lmao:

LucyK! 26 Nov 2010 10:21

:lmao: You're quite right!

AndyK 26 Nov 2010 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 530243)

I'll remind you of that when you have a doze in front of the TV later :lmao:

LucyK! 26 Nov 2010 11:15

LMAO! Yes I should clarify, that's 3 more regular people sleeps, for me it's actually at least 10 sleeps 'til Meat time!

Sue K 26 Nov 2010 12:31

The family and I had a loverly Thanksgiving Day yesterday ! And there's no worries about what's for dinner the next few days ... lol ...

GDW 26 Nov 2010 14:38

If you travel to India and your mobile phone stuffs up, do you get put through to a call centre based in your home country?:?:!:

daveake 26 Nov 2010 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 530261)
If you travel to India and your mobile phone stuffs up, do you get put through to a call centre based in your home country?:?:!:

Yeah ... happened to me last week. I spoke to a guy called Ramesh who, despite having a Yorkshire accent, told me how hot it is and how good that curry was last night ...

Evil One 26 Nov 2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 530261)

I don't know, but if I was in India I could find the shit bag responsible for my current phone woes and stamp on his / her knackers. :kickass:

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 20:04

the futures bright

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 20:19

gonna need me ski tomorrow :D

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 22:03

this is the hardest site in the known universe to win a prize on

Evil One 26 Nov 2010 23:46

Not true. I've won infraction points from here, but won absolutely nothing from the National Lottery site!

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 530319)
Not true. I've won infraction points from here, but won absolutely nothing from the National Lottery site!

i haven't won any infraction points from here, or won anything from the national lottery site

Evil One 26 Nov 2010 23:53

You won a ban from here once. :twisted:

Sarge 26 Nov 2010 23:55

How many infraction points does it take to get banned?

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 530321)
You won a ban from here once. :twisted:

no no, thats not so

duke knooby 26 Nov 2010 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 530322)
How many infraction points does it take to get banned?

Sarge 27 Nov 2010 00:01

Really that many? Seems as if it takes a lot of effort to get banned.

duke knooby 27 Nov 2010 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 530325)
Really that many? Seems as if it takes a lot of effort to get banned.

i've heard it takes a combination of not heeding multiple warnings, and common sense/manners

Evil One 27 Nov 2010 00:17

I'm sure it would be pretty easy to get banned if I actually wanted to. :shrug:

duke knooby 27 Nov 2010 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 530330)
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to get banned if I actually wanted to. :shrug:

and why would you want to?

Evil One 27 Nov 2010 00:21

I wouldn't. :nope:

Pudding 27 Nov 2010 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 530326)
i've heard it takes a combination of not heeding multiple warnings, and common sense/manners

Telling jokes about scousers can get you infraction points for racism :nuts:

AndrewG 27 Nov 2010 01:28

I find it crazy I can't sell a spare Meat Loaf concert ticket (4th row) for more than £35. Considering the tickets originally cost £66 this has me worried what the turn out will be like on this tour. :-(

Sarge 27 Nov 2010 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 530346)
I find it crazy I can't sell a spare Meat Loaf concert ticket (4th row) for more than £35.

Depressing...

AndrewG 27 Nov 2010 01:50

Perhaps £35 is about how much the tickets should cost?

Pudding 27 Nov 2010 09:50

And £31 for the 'free' CD :lmao:

Sue K 27 Nov 2010 11:56

Happy Happy Saturday, meatie peeps and yay for me !

It occurred to me as I wrote today's date this morning, exactly five years from today I need to apply for Medicare !!! There's light at the end of my working world tunnel IF things stay the way they are now with my government's program ! Five years ! I can do that balanced on one broken toe !!! ... :cheer: ...

Sarge 27 Nov 2010 12:36

The violin on Madness sounds cool, they should have kept it.

Sue K 27 Nov 2010 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 530378)
The violin on Madness sounds cool, they should have kept it.

Hey ! I read a joke about a violinist yesterday ... lol ... Well, actually, it was about a violist, but I think it can apply to a violinist ~ "What do you call a violinist with two brain cells ?" ... ready ? PREGNANT ! ... lol ... That made me laugh right out loud on the bus... lol ...

I know... I'm easy ! ... lol ... I'm laughing about it again ... :lol: ...

LucyK! 27 Nov 2010 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 530346)
I find it crazy I can't sell a spare Meat Loaf concert ticket (4th row) for more than £35. Considering the tickets originally cost £66 this has me worried what the turn out will be like on this tour. :-(

I think turn out will be absolutely fine, I would have thought your problem is trying to sell single tickets as most people want two...

AndrewG 27 Nov 2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 530409)
I think turn out will be absolutely fine, I would have thought your problem is trying to sell single tickets as most people want two...

Saw two tickets on eBay go for £72. There's hardly any difference. :?

LucyK! 27 Nov 2010 19:20

But were they seats in the first few rows of the front blocks like yours are?

duke knooby 27 Nov 2010 20:17

whys it say £49 inc bookin fee on the ticket, but charged 49 plus booking fee through ticketmaster??

LucyK! 27 Nov 2010 20:18

On the topic of trying to sell single tickets, good luck to whoever it is selling one third row Wembley ticket with a Buy It Now of £1000! :shock:

Evil One 27 Nov 2010 20:31

Because the £49 includes the venue's booking fee, but not Ticketmaster's? :shrug:

Pudding 27 Nov 2010 20:53

And you pay the venue again to park your car...EVERYBODY wants a piece of pie.

Evil One 27 Nov 2010 21:02

At £49+ that is one huge mother~~~~er of a pie! :shock:

Monstro 28 Nov 2010 13:11

needs hangover cure

duke knooby 28 Nov 2010 14:29

that was the biggest fire ive ever caused in a kitchen!!!

who could have guessed fairy liquid bubbles would light with nothing more than a blow torch??

(or it might have been the lighter fluid i'd pored down the sink a few mins earlier)

Monstro 28 Nov 2010 14:37

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE NIL!!!!!!!!!!

duke knooby 28 Nov 2010 17:30

snow covered roads are great fun :D

Pudding 28 Nov 2010 20:39

Huddersfield have a better chance of making Round 4 of the FA Cup than Liverpool or Leeds :lmao:

LucyK! 29 Nov 2010 00:18

Here's to a happy and healthy tour, travel safe everyone!!! :up:

Pudding 29 Nov 2010 00:34

30 minutes to go then 9600 minutes to find out what happened :shock:

Vickip 29 Nov 2010 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 530562)
Here's to a happy and healthy tour, travel safe everyone!!! :up:

I second that Lucy :)) :up:

Vickip 29 Nov 2010 04:53

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen. He will really be missed :(

Pudding 29 Nov 2010 04:58

Damn! he was one of my favourite comedians :(

Sue K 29 Nov 2010 11:11

Happy meatie tour day, meatie peeps !

Rest in peace, Leslie Nielsen and thank you. You made me laugh. I'd laugh to tears even at some ads for your films... lol ... You're missed already.

However, my FIRST thought for today was for all those heading to 'Imself's show today to have safe travels. I heard about the snow and wish you all well. No need to say to enjoy the show as I'm sure all will ! I look forward to hearing grand reviews !

samurai7 29 Nov 2010 11:22

bloody hell. As per usual, people let me down at the last minute, and I'm stuck with spare tickets! :mad:
Next time everyone can sort their own out, I'm just buying mine!!!

Sue K 29 Nov 2010 11:29

Wha ? I'm listening to BBC World Update on NPR and Meat's name was just mentioned. The discussion is celebrity endorsements ( Madonna openng gyms in particular) and I heard "Meat Loaf" clear as a bell, but my mind was elsewhere for the talk that came before that ... lol ...

duke knooby 29 Nov 2010 18:37

sore throat and sore neck :(

Sue K 29 Nov 2010 18:46

Onion bagel and cream cheese ... :D ...

duke knooby 29 Nov 2010 20:23

GOT TICKETS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

can't wait now :D:D:D:D:D:D

Lemsip max is pretty good gear

Pudding 29 Nov 2010 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 530606)
Wha ? I'm listening to BBC World Update on NPR and Meat's name was just mentioned. The discussion is celebrity endorsements ( Madonna openng gyms in particular) and I heard "Meat Loaf" clear as a bell, but my mind was elsewhere for the talk that came before that ... lol ...

Bob Uecker endorsing Burger Kings flame broiled meatloaf sandwich?

YouTube Video

Drumbum 29 Nov 2010 23:37

I'm thinking that, after 3 really crappy weeks which has my head is all messed up, how much I'm looking forward to the two concerts I have coming up, Elton John and Meat Loaf! :D

Music is a saving grace!

Pudding 30 Nov 2010 21:44

I wonder who the next RIP thread will be :??:

AndrewG 30 Nov 2010 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 530825)
I wonder who the next RIP thread will be :??:

Take your pick from here maybe?

How about Maurice Wilkes, an important computer scientist from the UK?
Or Majid Shahriari, an Iranian Nuclear scientist?

duke knooby 30 Nov 2010 22:13

its a bit bloody cold

Sarge 30 Nov 2010 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 530835)
its a bit bloody cold

Definitely too cold, looks like Siberia outside.

RadioMaster 30 Nov 2010 23:07

i love conversations with mr duke jonty... they're always so eloquent...

me: u goin to wembley?
him: r u?
me: I might
him: u should
me: r u?

duke knooby 30 Nov 2010 23:16

theres a gig in london next week now i think about it

8th dec i believe

allrevvedup 01 Dec 2010 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 530850)
i love conversations with mr duke jonty... they're always so eloquent...

me: u goin to wembley?
him: r u?
me: I might
him: u should
me: r u?

sounds like a conversation of two politicians

Sue K 01 Dec 2010 12:54

Happy Wednesday, meatie peeps !

That's it ... lol ... My only thought is for us ALL to have a happy one ! ... :D ...

Sarge 01 Dec 2010 22:32

Note to self: Do NOT cycle in this kind of weather. And do NOT forgot your gloves.

duke knooby 01 Dec 2010 23:18

thats the closest ive ever got to wiping myself out on the roads

someone was looking after me tonight :yep:

Pudding 02 Dec 2010 04:58

Get over it people, it's only f*cking snow, you're not the Fritzl kids, you've seen snow before.

Sue K 02 Dec 2010 16:37

My PM box is too full. I need to clear it out some to make room for upcoming holiday greets ... :twisted: ... lol ...

Sarge 02 Dec 2010 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 530979)
Get over it people, it's only f*cking snow

Tell that to our winter services.

LucyK! 02 Dec 2010 22:57

Seen Meat twice this week and I'm already having withdrawal sysmptoms waiting for Birmingham! This year's post-tour blues will be a bitch! :lol:

allrevvedup 03 Dec 2010 00:25

was just playing two out of three ain't bad on my guitar, appropriate lyric 'the snow is really piling up outside'

Pudding 03 Dec 2010 00:52

I was just listening to You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth, appropriate lyrics "It was a hot summer night and the beach was burning" Holy crapsticks it's getting hot, need to put more sunblock on the shopping list.

daveake 03 Dec 2010 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 531113)
need to put more sunblock on the shopping list.

Try putting it on your skin instead ...

AndrewG 03 Dec 2010 01:35

One smart ass outsmartens another smart ass. Lol.

duke knooby 03 Dec 2010 03:01

that was a great gig :D

loved how everyone was invited onto the stage for the encores lol

Sue K 03 Dec 2010 12:18

Thank Loaf It's Friday ! That's it... oh and ... hehe ... mother-in-law is off tomorrow to visit her friend for a few days ! Is that not a HUGE "yay for me" or what ? ... :bunny: ... :cheer: ... :yay: ... :weee:...

ehhh... YES ! ... lol ...

duke knooby 03 Dec 2010 12:21

thank loaf its snowing... i like snow!

JennaG 03 Dec 2010 14:08

It's Friday, it's cold and I don't want to go to work this afternoon.

duke knooby 03 Dec 2010 14:21

have i heard boneyard?

i have now

duke knooby 03 Dec 2010 15:09

its cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey

The Flying Mouse 03 Dec 2010 20:52

:twisted: Fingers crossed :pray:

duke knooby 03 Dec 2010 22:23

which musician would you rather be... keyboards or guitar?
banjo or double bass?
flute or trumpet?

The Flying Mouse 03 Dec 2010 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 531260)
banjo or double bass?
flute or trumpet?

:twisted: Triangle :metal:

Either that or just stay with my trusty harmonica :mrgreen:
I don't play it that well, but I can use it to riff with along with :shrug:

Drumbum 03 Dec 2010 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 531260)
banjo or double bass?
flute or trumpet?

Guitar
Banjo
Trumpet