mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Members (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798)

mszee 13 Jan 2010 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebekkaWillinger (Post 476389)
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Rebekka and I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to say hey.. I hope I posted this in the right section.. if not, mods please feel free to move it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. (Post 476400)
Sorry to be a party pooper, but Rebekka's a spambot. Permabanned.

Guess mods did move it...hmmm...

clairmay 16 Jan 2010 15:27

I New to teh forum but nto to Meatloaf!

Hi,

Urmm...Im new so thought I would say hello:)

Im from Wales and Im 18 and I love listening to Meatloaf.

My fave music includes Meatloaf, Bon Jovi, Beautiful South and Libertines.

I was menat to see Meatloaf live a few years ago but he was un well, but I do hope to see him in the future.

Brilliant site guys and keep up the work.

Clair

Jayd 16 Jan 2010 15:28

Hi and welcome :D

Evil One 16 Jan 2010 16:42

Welcome. Just one point. Please invest in a spellcheck! :devil:

lisa01 16 Jan 2010 20:13

New members

Hi iam lisa01 and i would like to say hello and welcome to all the new members of the uk meat loaf fan club i hope you all have lots of fun here chating and making new friends

dottie 30 Jan 2010 20:59

To some of you I am a newbie, but to the golden oldies I am the original postwhore.
Been away far to long...researching my Family Tree which is ongoing, but it has been a relevation in many ways, found another brother and sister, and lots of cousins....

JennaG 11 Feb 2010 09:19

I've recentely joined this forum so I thought I'd say hi.

I'm 23 and I've grown up listening to Meat Loaf's music all my life but I didn't really get an opinion on it either way until I was about 13/14. I remember listening to Bat Out Of Hell on a personal casette player once and my schoolfriends finding it funny but then again the artists they liked at the time are unheard of now.

Although I've enjoyed listening to Meat Loaf's music for years, it has only recentely become a major music interest so I'm looking forward to learning more.

Anyway, Hi everyone.

AndyK 11 Feb 2010 10:42

Welcome to the forums Skybird!

RadioMaster 11 Feb 2010 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird14 (Post 478062)
I remember listening to Bat Out Of Hell on a personal casette player once and my schoolfriends finding it funny but then again the artists they liked at the time are unheard of now.

hey, we've all been there lol ;)

allrevvedup 11 Feb 2010 11:27

welcome to the madness Skybird...

howlerformeatloaf 11 Feb 2010 12:48

Welcome Skybird. Its crazy but alot of fun.:roll:

The Flying Mouse 11 Feb 2010 21:13

:twisted: Welcome to the forum :up:

buzzinhawaii 01 Mar 2010 04:46

Hello to Everyone.....

Hey everyone....just joined yesterday at seeing the YouTube post with ML titled "You never know who you will see on a London Street" or something like that. Hey Michael from Germany......remember me, your buddy John Bouchie from the USA. Haven't seen you since the ML show in the UK when he passed out. Hey Dianne you out there? All is well with me....living in Hawaii now...email me..... johnmbouchie@yahoo.com

Lucky79 01 Mar 2010 08:36

Hello everyone, just thought I would post a little introduction as I am new to this site. I became a ML about 16 years ago ( I am 27 years old now ) and it was mostly "You took the words..." that captured me when I had to write an essay in school about the song. So I decided to dip into some of the albums, not realising it would become an addiction leading to me owning almost everything now:lol:I am totally captivated by the man...just like anyone else here:-) So, like I said, I'm 27 years, I live in Germany and work for a security company at an airport !

Thanks for this great site and nice meeting you all
:-P

Monstro 01 Mar 2010 08:42

Hi John, glad you found us!!!

Welcome to the forum both!!

M

AndyK 01 Mar 2010 10:51

Welcome to the board both of you.

Gracie 01 Mar 2010 12:00

Not New-Been Away For A While :)

Hi everyone,
:)
Just like to say Thanks for letting me be a member. I was a member to the club a long time ago. Then had to leave due to a few problems at home.
I had a few serious issues with My Mother who was seriously ill
which was so tough on me and my family. Kept me away from all things Meat Loaf.
I am very close to my family so, they come first above everything apart from my friends as well

Your forum is a great place for everything to do with meat loaf
After a tough time in 2009
I hope I will be warmly welcomed back.
You will have to bare with me as I am not ''technically minded'' with forums or my computer LOL

Well I am looking forward to meat's new album, and, hopefully meeting some of you at a show in the near future.

Again, thanks for letting me be involved in such a cool site!

Before I stop this post looks like i am writing a book here :lol: Hi To Emma she's a good friend to me!

All the best to everyone at mlukfc!
Cheers!
-Grace :)

howlerformeatloaf 01 Mar 2010 12:02

Welcome back and glad your mum is doing good. Have fun cause I really do on here. :D

wolfy35 01 Mar 2010 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 3847)
The last 2 weeks there are a lot of new memebers!!!

Where are the old school ML members??? :lol:

Are there any left?

Depends what you mean about old school I have been a member here since around the begining but lost my password around the same time I switched ISPs so could not retrieve it

MeatGrl1 01 Mar 2010 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie (Post 481542)
Hi To Emma she's a good friend to me!

Cheers!

Hi to you too !!

Welcome back and that was sweet, I got a shout out :cool:.

Netty 02 Mar 2010 18:06

hi everybody!! i'm so glad to be a part of the greatest board ever!
i am a 24 years old girl from Hungary, i'm really new in Meat's world but i'm a huge fan since 2008 and as they used to say 'better late than never', right? ;)
i listened different kind of music before but they never really captured me, Meat just rocked my world!! i didn't think before that music has this power to grab you and take you somewhere else but Meat's doing it every time i'm listening him. I'm just so sorry that i didn't know about his art for a long time....
I always loved the song, 'Anything for love' but i didn't know who's singing it :roll: i was a huge Monk fan and i heard that a rock singer, called Meat Loaf will join the series for an episode so i thought i'll look arond and i saw a video about 'Anything for love' live with the MSO and then i bought the dvd and then i just couldn't stop, he just grabbed my soul, my heart, my mind with that live concert and since then he has them :D
okkay i shut up ;) i just thought i would share with you my story :-)

THANK TO EVERYONE FOR THIS BOARD AND ESPECIALLY TO MEAT FOR BEING HIM AND FOR HIS ART

mszee 06 Mar 2010 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie (Post 481542)
Hi everyone,
:)
Just like to say Thanks for letting me be a member. I was a member to the club a long time ago. Then had to leave due to a few problems at home.
I had a few serious issues with My Mother who was seriously ill
which was so tough on me and my family. Kept me away from all things Meat Loaf.
I am very close to my family so, they come first above everything apart from my friends as well

Your forum is a great place for everything to do with meat loaf
After a tough time in 2009
I hope I will be warmly welcomed back.
You will have to bare with me as I am not ''technically minded'' with forums or my computer LOL

Well I am looking forward to meat's new album, and, hopefully meeting some of you at a show in the near future.

Again, thanks for letting me be involved in such a cool site!

Before I stop this post looks like i am writing a book here :lol: Hi To Emma she's a good friend to me!

Cheers!

I am just wondering how the heck are you a member here since February 2010...and a new one to that...geez...I think you've been here for forever being a new member...

mszee 06 Mar 2010 05:47

And with that...welcome all really new members...

Asenath83 08 Apr 2010 22:20

Might as well since I have been spamming here for a bit now.

I was one of the kids who stumbled upon Meat thanks to good old MTV blasting the music video for I Would Do Anything For Love back in... 199...3?!

Jesus, I just made myself feel ancient *facepalm*.

I am turning 27 this month - thanks Meat for the awesome Birthday gift! - so you can do the math how old I was back then. My parents eventually got me the album and became Meat Loaf fans as well. We missed the tour after Bat II was released but went to every single concert in Munich after that... right, I forgot to mention I am actually German.

My mother and I took an almost 2-year "break" when my father died - Meat's music had become too much of a painful reminder - but that only lasted until the next album release (Couldn't Have Said It Better). Again, we went to every concert since then, accompanied by my best friend and her Dad.

In January 2007 I took the plunge and moved over to Northern Ireland, where I am now sharing a house with an Australian, his English girlfriend and my two cats.

I am famous for discovering Meat albums in the most random ways possible.
- Bat II: Muted some weird boy band on MTV and went to the kitchen for a glass of milk. Returned and watched the (still muted) Anything For Love video for a while before I decided that it might be better with sound :lol:
- WTTN: Used to keep the radio on all night and could usually recall a good number of the songs that were playing. Stopped in the middle of an action-movie style dream thinking "Hey, why don't I know that song yet?!". It was I'd Lie For You.
- Bat III: Wikipedia of all places! I was looking up the release date for Bat II and they had already put a cross-reference to Bat III including the release date there.
- HCTB: At work, looking stuff up on Amazon for a customer. Thought: "Cool, Meat's on the front page... wait, what?!"

Well, that's me, nice to meet you all!

mszee 09 Apr 2010 04:22

Nice to meet you German in North Ireland...judging by people here...interesting combo...