mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

melon 03 Sep 2012 10:55

Good point, unlucky.

duke knooby 03 Sep 2012 12:44

damn it, i was hoping to get the 49999th thought lol

duke knooby 05 Sep 2012 14:16

need a battery... no idea what cca it should have though

melon 05 Sep 2012 15:23

Red wine....

Everything works if you let it.... I shoulda just remembered that line yesterday

Cherry.Loaf 05 Sep 2012 17:17

Only me could catch a virus 12 hours after coming back from my holiday :( So sick of being ill!

duke knooby 05 Sep 2012 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 576627)
Only me could catch a virus 12 hours after coming back from my holiday :( So sick of being ill!

at least you waited till after you got back.. hope youre feelin better soon

meanwhile... battery fitted :-)
still need a new windscreen

Monstro 05 Sep 2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 576627)

Always said there should be a quarantine at the Scottish border lol

samurai7 06 Sep 2012 15:41

new car stereo fitted today, best bit: getting them to price-match Amazon. Worst bit: They didn't have the correct connector in stock to link it up to the steering wheel volume/preset/track skip controls. However, they've now ordered said connector, and they even price-matched Amazon for that too :-)

Cherry.Loaf 06 Sep 2012 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 576633)
Always said there should be a quarantine at the Scottish border lol

I got it from the Boyfriends mother lol literally said hi and than the next morning Illness! Not impressed

JennaG 06 Sep 2012 21:40

Damn sore throat - again!

Battybarb 06 Sep 2012 23:55

Need to start packing again !

duke knooby 07 Sep 2012 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 576667)
new car stereo fitted today, best bit: getting them to price-match Amazon. Worst bit: They didn't have the correct connector in stock to link it up to the steering wheel volume/preset/track skip controls. However, they've now ordered said connector, and they even price-matched Amazon for that too :-)

what did you get??

glad you didnt get from amazon :-)

melon 07 Sep 2012 04:49

What's the point of writing a message that you know no one that it is aimed at will read it?

Meanwhile, I spent all of last night house cleaning, sparkly clean :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

samurai7 07 Sep 2012 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576688)
what did you get??

glad you didnt get from amazon :-)

me too, cos then I'd have had to fit it myself! :-)
it's a Sony unit that can connect to iPod/iPhone, with Bluetooth and USB etc etc. It has far more features than I could ever need, but it's a world better than the system that was in the car previously. That one had a CD jammed inside that wouldn't eject, and the display screen is all lines where the pixels have gone bad. So it was time for a new 'un!

Tri.somethin 07 Sep 2012 15:56

RIP Owain Phyfe. Hands down the best Renaissance festival musician of all time. Look him up on YouTube. I highly recommend A Health to the company and We Be Soldiers Three

duke knooby 07 Sep 2012 16:47

i'd forgotten how hard it is to geat a great depth of shine on a white car

mr terry nutkins was a legend when i was little on the really wild show
rip mr nutkins

Sarge 07 Sep 2012 17:30

Bob Dylan sounds like Louis Armstrong and Tom Waits and leads a street gang... Did I just spot a Gene Simmons look-alike among them? Catchy tune to a sometimes goofy, sometimes violent video. I'm torn between "must have new album" and "I don't get this". :? Well, it has been a crazy day and whatever that is, it's the perfect soundtrack to it. :twisted:

duke knooby 08 Sep 2012 13:39

i'm dying to know what happened

Battybarb 08 Sep 2012 22:25

Hot..hot ..hot !

AndyK 09 Sep 2012 20:45

By the sounds of it my hangover today was much less powerful than others who are younger and should be more resilient than me.

duke knooby 12 Sep 2012 23:50

from the clips on youtube i missed a magnificent gig... an amazing group of musicians

duke knooby 14 Sep 2012 00:04

being followed by an unmarked traffic police car for 7 miles is bad for my nerves... especially since they only turned the blue lights off when they caught up with me, and followed me off the motorway and onto the back roads

duke knooby 14 Sep 2012 00:21

27th sept is a very special day this year... a day of celebration of a great anniversary

misterfive 14 Sep 2012 21:23

Is it just me or does Meat Loaf seem like he might have to end his singing career soon?

Vickip 14 Sep 2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 576881)
Is it just me or does Meat Loaf seem like he might have to end his singing career soon?

IMHO it is just you ... and no he doesn't. I've already seen 8 amazing concerts this summer, and have 2 more to look forward to in October :-) He keeps getting better every time I see him :D

Adje 14 Sep 2012 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576872)
27th sept is a very special day this year... a day of celebration of a great anniversary

Well it's not an anniversary yet but thank you for remembering that this is the day I'm getting married :-)

... that is what you're talking about, right? :shock:

:twisted:

duke knooby 15 Sep 2012 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 576883)
... that is what you're talking about, right? :shock:

:twisted:

well, i meant arthurs day :D

but its a great way to celebrate your wedding and meats birthdays with a pint of black :D

misterfive 15 Sep 2012 20:41

Health wise I mean he fainted on stage two years ago and he did sound pretty ill on AFL grand final. I am not saying he isn't any good but he is getting older.

melon 16 Sep 2012 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 576898)
he fainted on stage two years ago

..... 2 years ago. That a long time ago, with nothing of the sort since.

For some reason my aunty thought he'd had 2 heart attacks.....

misterfive 16 Sep 2012 02:56

I am just worried for him, if he puts strain on himself he might die suddenly.

Vickip 16 Sep 2012 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 576898)
Health wise I mean he fainted on stage two years ago and he did sound pretty ill on AFL grand final. I am not saying he isn't any good but he is getting older.

Like Mel said, two years was a long time ago, and unfortunately we're all getting older ;)
Aside from the problem with his knees, IMHO Meat's in great shape :-) He's healthy, energetic, sounds amazing,
and truly enjoying the shows and tour as much as we are. IMHO the breaks during the tour have also been doing
him a world of good, and I honestly don't see him slowing down any time soon.

melon 16 Sep 2012 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 576906)
I am just worried for him, if he puts strain on himself he might die suddenly.

Mate, he could get hit by a bus crossing the road tomorrow.... We ALL could die suddenly, regardless of our age or what we're doing

CarylB 16 Sep 2012 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 576909)
Mate, he could get hit by a bus crossing the road tomorrow.... We ALL could die suddenly, regardless of our age or what we're doing

Yes .. and passing out on stage briefly when it's excessively hot, then carrying on and concluding an energetic show is hardly the sign of someone who is of fragile health! Meat has more energy and is fitter than many people half his age!

Sebastian. 17 Sep 2012 00:17

Ordered my new personlised barclay card.

http://i.imgur.com/I6WL5.jpg

Evil Ernie 17 Sep 2012 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 576912)
Yes .. and passing out on stage briefly when it's excessively hot, then carrying on and concluding an energetic show is hardly the sign of someone who is of fragile health! Meat has more energy and is fitter than many people half his age!

Didn't a 20 something Elaine Caswell pass out 3 times recording IACBTMN?

I was more scared when he left the stage and basically said he was done. Was that around 2007-2008? Being diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Having a cyst removed from his throat, not to mention all the other times that he cheated death (maybe slightly exaggerated)....

The song 'Alive' really rings true for ML.

melon 17 Sep 2012 09:30

Wolff Parkinson white was early 2000's I think

CarylB 17 Sep 2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 576914)
The song 'Alive' really rings true for ML.

It does. The WPWS was finally diagnosed in London in 2003 .. and he was back on the tour like a man reborn within 2 weeks. That awful night at Newcastle was in autumn 2007, at the end of an exhausting couple of years invested in Bat3, although thankfully the cyst which was at the root of the problem healed with rest and didn't need the surgery he feared it might. And he came back in better and stronger voice than he'd been for years.

Way I see it, Meat is still in an amazingly creative stage of his career, is both fit and wise, and possesses an astounding physical energy. Talk of his retirement is as premature as Mark Twain's reported demise was exaggerated ;)

Caryl

Adje 17 Sep 2012 17:32

The forum is awfully quiet. This should be a good time to treat us with the promised board tapes :cool:

Evil One 17 Sep 2012 19:18

After which I will buy you some rocking horse shit. :bleh:

The Flying Mouse 17 Sep 2012 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 576923)
After which I will buy you some rocking horse shit. :bleh:

:twisted: Click :mrgreen:

ninja 18 Sep 2012 22:02

[QUOTE=The Flying Mouse;576925]:

lmao :-D

duke knooby 18 Sep 2012 23:14

much as i would love to see derren brown live... the risk of being picked from the audience is too great :evil:

duke knooby 18 Sep 2012 23:24

and having just discovered me car has voice activation... it doesnt understand me :lol:

Monstro 19 Sep 2012 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576948)
and having just discovered me car has voice activation... it doesnt understand me :lol:

marry it

misterfive 19 Sep 2012 02:17

The Best Steinman Demo

The best Steinman demo factly not in opinion is "A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste" (1985).

Why isn't it on youtube with the others?

The Flying Mouse 19 Sep 2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576947)
much as i would love to see derren brown live... the risk of being picked from the audience is too great :evil:

:twisted: Watched Derren Brown - Svengali, last night on the telly.

The guy who was possessed by the doll has got to be a stooge.
I'll buy into the fact that certain things are possible with the right physical routines accompanied by the correct sugestion can have bizare and amazing effects. There's a trick i've done for years (many of you may have done the same thing with your friends) where 4 people lift a person using only two fingers each. I've performed that "trick" for approx 17 years, and I still can't claim to know how it's done, just that it works when the routine and verbal instructions are stricly adhered too.

But to have the dude "possessed" and to copy the doll even when he can't see the doll and has no way of knowing what the doll is doing? :rly:

I'd love to believe it wasn't a set up, but I can't think for the life of me how he could do that without the person being possessed in on the act.

That said, I think he's a fantastic and entertaining showman.
I think he'd be worth seeing live :cool:

duke knooby 19 Sep 2012 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 576963)
:twisted: Watched Derren Brown - Svengali, last night on the telly.

The guy who was possessed by the doll has got to be a stooge.
I'll buy into the fact that certain things are possible with the right physical routines accompanied by the correct sugestion can have bizare and amazing effects. There's a trick i've done for years (many of you may have done the same thing with your friends) where 4 people lift a person using only two fingers each. I've performed that "trick" for approx 17 years, and I still can't claim to know how it's done, just that it works when the routine and verbal instructions are stricly adhered too.

But to have the dude "possessed" and to copy the doll even when he can't see the doll and has no way of knowing what the doll is doing? :rly:

I'd love to believe it wasn't a set up, but I can't think for the life of me how he could do that without the person being possessed in on the act.

That said, I think he's a fantastic and entertaining showman.
I think he'd be worth seeing live :cool:

i dont think it was set up, don't think he was a stooge/actor and most importantly don't believe being able to see the doll had anything to do with how it works... thats just the "staging". the important part was what derren was saying.. the suggestion, the words and phrases... and the fact he was using hypnotism (i reckon) :-)

the most important thing is i knew which box the shoe was in every single time :D

The Flying Mouse 20 Sep 2012 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576972)
the most important thing is i knew which box the shoe was in every single time :D

:twisted: That's very interesting.
As a magician, I immediatly looked for a "magical" (for lack of a better word) solution to the trick (in fact, I think i've just cracked a way I could replicate the trick, given the proper props :lol: :wink: ).
Do you think Derrens way of doing the trick is more down to manipulation and suggestion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 576972)
i dont think it was set up, don't think he was a stooge/actor and most importantly don't believe being able to see the doll had anything to do with how it works... thats just the "staging". the important part was what derren was saying.. the suggestion, the words and phrases... and the fact he was using hypnotism (i reckon) :-)

What would you class Derren as? (not that it matters much)
Magician? Hypotist?

The only hypnosis I have experience in is self hypnosis (or putting Jo under to give her a good nights sleep). Although I haven't done any hypnosis for a while. But I don't think you can put someone under that quickly. If I remember rightly, when Paul McKenna had his own show it would show you him backstage before the show conditioning his volenteers for faster hypnosis.
That wouldn't tie in with Derren getting someone up at random and putting them under straight away.
Again, i'm not entirley sure what I believe as i've not any experience in stage hypotism.

Unfortunatly I think i'll laways belong to the sceptical portion of the populatin who would never believe it if it didn't happen to me.

Whatever Derren is, however you class him, he's certainly very entertaining.

melon 20 Sep 2012 15:08

People that claim their drunk off their heads and speel lyke a tooser that pretnds ther drunk make me laugh.... I get drunk plenty.... I still spell fine.... maybe they just get influenced by Wario?

The Flying Mouse 20 Sep 2012 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 576994)
People that claim their drunk off their heads and speel lyke a tooser that pretnds ther drunk make me laugh.... I get drunk plenty.... I still spell fine.... maybe they just get influenced by Wario?

:twisted: Or me :oops: :lol:
I can type after a skinful, but it takes me a long time to do it :lol:

Monstro 20 Sep 2012 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 576995)
I can type after a skinful

It's sober you have a problem with

melon 20 Sep 2012 15:38

ha ha, well I'm drunk now, admittedly not off my head, but either way even if it makes no sense, it's generally spelt correctly!

The Flying Mouse 20 Sep 2012 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 576998)
It's sober you have a problem with

:twisted: :p :mrgreen:

melon 20 Sep 2012 15:51

lmao

duke knooby 20 Sep 2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 576992)
Do you think Derrens way of doing the trick is more down to manipulation and suggestion?

What would you class Derren as? (not that it matters much)
Magician? Hypotist?

Whatever Derren is, however you class him, he's certainly very entertaining.

to the first point, yep totally

i agree, derren is amazing, ive throughly enjoyed every show ive seen, and been fascinated by how he does it. i believe the most accurate decription is the one he uses at the start of most of his performances... "this programme uses magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship"

ive no idea how hynotism works so i cant say if thats what he uses... but he definitely is a master of suggestion and manipulation... a true master of nlp!!!

alot of that stage show he has done before on the tv specials such as mind control :D the mind control and trick of the mind episodes were some of my favourites :D

duke knooby 20 Sep 2012 22:07

been doing back to back 1965 songs to see which i prefer

california dreaming vs here comes the night

my preference is here comes the night by them... great song :D

melon 21 Sep 2012 05:54

The moment someone asks you what you like about something you've always done because you "Like" it.... and you actually can't think of anything to say..... shite.

Sebastian. 21 Sep 2012 22:48

Dublin and Stansted tomorrow, can't wait! Even if I am flying Crynair

Battybarb 21 Sep 2012 23:22

temper is slowly starting to boil and buttons are being pushed !

duke knooby 22 Sep 2012 14:36

very confusing driving in the republic

duke knooby 23 Sep 2012 01:53

autumn has officially begun :D

Cherry.Loaf 23 Sep 2012 13:28

Well working a 2-6 shift today feels like a complete waste of time not really sure what to do =/

duke knooby 23 Sep 2012 23:32

23 enigma

lyn 24 Sep 2012 08:47

As Mrs Brown would say, Feck it! Just how the day has been really.

Sue K 24 Sep 2012 15:30

Happy Monday, meatie peeps ...

Unfreakin'believable...I haven't visited this website since Sep 15 2012 ... and I pop on today, having received an email re: Meat's dvd being released and what do I find ?... the same old crap I've seen since I've been signed up with the site ... A dvd/ cd/ film/ concert has occurred and it's YAAAY ... then a couple naaay... and Meat threatening to pick up all the marbles and go home ... He's right... imo... If it says fan club ... it shouldn't be allowed for him to be put down ... Imo... it's like the jackasses making a film or posting a comic about Allah/ Mohammed... One KNOWS this pisses off the Muslims... why do it ?... At least in the instances of rattling Meat's cage, no one gets killed... yay for us... shame on us ...

S ...

The Flying Mouse 24 Sep 2012 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 577165)
He's right... imo... If it says fan club ... it shouldn't be allowed for him to be put down

:twisted: I shouldn't really go there in this thread because the same fight will spread all over the forum, but...........

He hasn't (IMHO) been put down any more than one fan posting an honest opinion about one product.
I know criticicm isn't nice at the best of times, but nobody has tried to personally insult Meat or cause him undue upset.

Quote:

Imo... it's like the jackasses making a film or posting a comic about Allah/ Mohammed...

I can't really compare Meat to the basis of a whole religion. :bleh:
I often tell people that Meat Loaf is God, but I don't actually mean it :lol:

Quote:

One KNOWS this pisses off the Muslims... why do it ?... At least in the instances of rattling Meat's cage, no one gets killed... yay for us... shame on us ...

The difference between us and people who want to kill you (in the literal sense of the word) if you say one word about their god is that we normals think that they are freaking nuts :nuts:

The last thing the world needs is a bunch of Meat Loaf fans in the desert packing AK47's and proclaiming death sentences :wtf: :lol:

Sarge 25 Sep 2012 10:53

Got a "dislike" by an invisible user. Spooky. :twisted:

Adje 25 Sep 2012 10:56

I just noticed we can't dislike a post from every member. So I guess the rules for disliking a post doesn't count for everyone. Seems stupid and silly:roll:

Sarge 25 Sep 2012 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 577225)
Seems stupid and silly:roll:

It's funny in a sad way.

Sue K 25 Sep 2012 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 577224)

Well, it TIS coming up on Halloween season ... :twisted: ... BWHAAAhahahahahahah ... lol ...

Sarge 25 Sep 2012 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 577224)

Strangely the person's username shows up when I'm not logged in. When I log on again, it disappears. Is there an option "hide my dislikes from the person whose post I dislike"? :lol:

Sue K 25 Sep 2012 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 577230)
Strangely the person's username shows up when I'm not logged in. When I log on again, it disappears. Is there an option "hide my dislikes from the person whose post I dislike"? :lol:

I TOLD you, Sarge ... ooooooo ... spooky Halloweenie stuff ... ;) ... lol ...

MarkS 25 Sep 2012 14:18

Quote:

That is quite a conundrum you have there

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The Flying Mouse 25 Sep 2012 18:57

Quote:

I just noticed we can't dislike a post from every member. So I guess the rules for disliking a post doesn't count for everyone. Seems stupid and silly:roll:

:twisted: I've just noticed that myself. :wtf:
We originally had the dislikes annonymouse, but the forum members wanted the dislikes public, and they've been that way ever since.

I don't believe there is an option to leave a dislike without having your user name come up.
My guess is a glitch in the system.

Quote:

Don't use the system then :shrug:
We have our reasons for setting things up the way they are.

Quote:

Nope :nope:
Everyone can see who dislikes what post.
Again, i'm thinking of some sort of glitch.

R is the guy to speak to. Start a thread in Site Feedback and it's bound to get the plummers attention much quicker.

samurai7 25 Sep 2012 20:54

might it be something to do with your own personal 'Blocked' list? If you're not logged in, yet on one of the forums still viewable when you're not logged in, then surely posts from people you've blocked would still be visible. Just a thought.

Sarge 25 Sep 2012 21:28

I haven't blocked anybody. (Although sometimes I wish I had. :twisted:)

Adje 25 Sep 2012 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 577246)
Don't use the system then :shrug:
We have our reasons for setting things up the way they are.

Oh I only use the 'like' button. The Dislike button... well we've had that discussion before and I tend to agree with everyone who is against it.

The fact that not everybody can be disliked, only shows that the 'people against it' are actually more right than the crew -that are responsible for it- want to admit. Otherwise why not set it for everyone? ;)

But then again this board tends to embrace censorship a little too much :roll: It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad...

The Flying Mouse 25 Sep 2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 577257)
But then again this board tends to embrace censorship a little too much :roll: It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad...

:twisted: In your opinion.

To some, we don't sensor enough.

To both those who think we are too heavy handed, and to those who think we are too lax, I say the same thing..........

If you don't like the forum, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out :shrug:

duke knooby 25 Sep 2012 22:45

when i first heard this song, i kindda skipped over it, but when i actually stopped and listened to the lyrics i loved it... some really great lyrics (in my opinion)

Battybarb 25 Sep 2012 23:08

i just wish some people would fall off the edge of the planet as they are total waste of space !

Adje 26 Sep 2012 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 577261)
If you don't like the forum, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out :shrug:

Ah, why so sensitive, grasshopper?

I always thought that if I don't like it I can always share my thoughts about it right in here ;) You didn't need to respond to it, you know? I just shared my thoughts in the section that is meant for it. But perhaps you responded because you found more truth in my thoughts than you dare to admit? :twisted:

melon 26 Sep 2012 09:56

Babble

JennaG 26 Sep 2012 10:35

I need a dislike button for my life.

melon 26 Sep 2012 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 577281)

I just need one for some of the people IN mine.

In happier news, my cousin 4 years younger just got engaged! :cheer::cheers:

chairboys 26 Sep 2012 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 577281)

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 577283)
I just need one for some of the people IN mine.

You could try the local sewing shop?

melon 26 Sep 2012 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 577284)
You could try the local sewing shop?

What's a "sewing shop" ??? :wtf: What is this place you speak of?

chairboys 26 Sep 2012 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 577285)
What's a "sewing shop" ??? :wtf: What is this place you speak of?

A place where you can buy a dislike button, of course!
You have to discreetly ask the manager for one, if you know what I mean?
Do you not have them down under? :lol:

melon 26 Sep 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 577286)
A place where you can buy a dislike button, of course!
You have to discreetly ask the manager for one, if you know what I mean?
Do you not have them down under? :lol:

Ah, can I get a tin of elbow grease there by any chance? I'm told I need one, along with a left handed screw driver

AndyK 26 Sep 2012 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 577287)
Ah, can I get a tin of elbow grease there by any chance? I'm told I need one, along with a left handed screw driver

While you're there can you ask the assistant where my long weight is? I ordered it months ago.

melon 26 Sep 2012 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 577288)
While you're there can you ask the assistant where my long weight is? I ordered it months ago.

Sure thang!

The Flying Mouse 26 Sep 2012 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 577275)
Ah, why so sensitive, grasshopper?

:twisted: Not being sensitive, i'm just calling it as I see it.

Quote:

I always thought that if I don't like it I can always share my thoughts about it right in here ;)

You can openly post that you think the forum is too censored, yet the comment is not edited, deleted, sensored in any way.
That doesn't sound like overly sensored to me.

Quote:

You didn't need to respond to it, you know?

I'm a forum mod.
Rightly or wrongly, I feel proud of this place, and my role in it.
It's a forum that gives me a lot of pleasure, although I get the odd headache to go with it :lol:
If someone has something negavive to say that I think is unfair, i'll defend this place.
I think I can understand how Meat feels when that happens :wink:
Just because we don't sensor criticism of our site doesn't mean we surrender the right to reply.

Quote:

But perhaps you responded because you found more truth in my thoughts than you dare to admit? :twisted:

Only the truth that I hear over and over again, that we sensor too much.

Just like we hear the same truth over and over again, that we are not supportive enough to Meat by allowing honest negative opinion on the forum.

Just because a group of people say the same thing over and over again doesn't make it so.

The way I feel about this forum is that we are what we are.
Take us for what we are or don't bother with us.

Battybarb 26 Sep 2012 18:47

OMG i really wish this rain would stop !

duke knooby 26 Sep 2012 18:48

Argos have Christmas posters up already!! :shock:

Battybarb 26 Sep 2012 18:50

Card factory have all the christmas cards and wrapping paper lol

JennaG 26 Sep 2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 577300)
Argos have Christmas posters up already!! :shock:

I noticed the same sort of things as I was out shopping earlier.

When I worked in Woolworths we used to get the first delivery of Christmas items in on the first week of August and it was usually things like tree decorations that we wouldn't be putting out until October.

:roll:

melon 27 Sep 2012 03:55

Meat's birthday today, and exactly one month until my Grandads, rest in peace Grandad.

melon 27 Sep 2012 14:36

Paradise just came on the radio station I am listening to, it's during Alice Coopers segment. He actually rarely plays Meat, so I reckon there is no coincidence here, but then.... I could just be thinking like Wario here ;)

WARIO! What have you done to me!?!?!? :lol:

EDIT! Now he's talking about Meat, saying it's his birthday & talking about Meat telling him he wanted to open a chicken restaurant and Alice trying to talk him into opening a Meat Loaf restaurant ha ha not sure how true that is lol

melon 27 Sep 2012 17:29

Ohhh and one other thing?

This pic makes me smile :-)

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...41724899_n.jpg

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...on-to-cricket/

Vickip 27 Sep 2012 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 577354)
Paradise just came on the radio station I am listening to, it's during Alice Coopers segment. He actually rarely plays Meat, so I reckon there is no coincidence here, but then.... I could just be thinking like Wario here ;)

WARIO! What have you done to me!?!?!? :lol:

EDIT! Now he's talking about Meat, saying it's his birthday & talking about Meat telling him he wanted to open a chicken restaurant and Alice trying to talk him into opening a Meat Loaf restaurant ha ha not sure how true that is lol

:D

Battybarb 27 Sep 2012 22:03

one week till John Bishop