mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

LucyK! 24 Mar 2013 20:39

Not sexist, I just know that in a thread full of men the two responses will be "jeans and a shirt" and "jeans and a t-shirt" - possibly trousers for variation. Not like girls who spend weeks co-ordinating with each other!

Don't know why I'm worrying, Meat will wear black trousers and a pale yellow shirt at least twice! :lol:

RSG 24 Mar 2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 586676)
Sexist. :p

Jeans and a shirt.

Jeans and a Batman T Shirt :-P

duke knooby 24 Mar 2013 21:40

i hadn't even considered what im gonna wear yet

it's the accessories that take the longest, but are the most important to achieve the desired look

JennaG 24 Mar 2013 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586673)
We need to get a few more girls actively posting on here, I need a "what's everyone wearing on tour" thread! :lol:

I'm trying to decide what to wear at the moment. Every time I think I've decided, I think of something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sebastian. 24 Mar 2013 22:24

Jeans and a shirt or T-Shirt.

Sorted.

duke knooby 24 Mar 2013 23:20

id wear my beautiful black frilly shirt... but it aint gonna fit now!!

LucyK! 24 Mar 2013 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 586707)
Jeans and a shirt or T-Shirt.

Sorted.

Case and point! :lol:

melon 25 Mar 2013 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586720)

Case and point! :lol:

And me too, and I'm a girl lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

chairboys 25 Mar 2013 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 586671)
On the brightside at least you still fit in a suit from 15 years ago, good news about the gig though!

I've afforded myself an extra notch on the new suit.
I may substitute the faded levis and t-shirt for the new suit at B'ham.
I'm expecting a full orchestra for FCOL so I need to dress for the occasion.

JennaG 25 Mar 2013 10:00

I don't want to be photographed for my M&G photos wearing something like a jeans and a t-shirt. I wore that at my last M&G and when I look at the photo now I wish I'd have worn something nicer.

Because I love Meat's sparkly jackets that he wears on stage, my sister has made me a jacket with a rhinestone design which I'm planning on wearing to one of the M&G's although I haven't yet decided what I am going to wear with it.

LucyK! 25 Mar 2013 10:32

I'm aiming for happy and comfy!

misterfive 25 Mar 2013 11:46

Everyone else may disagree with me but due to Meat's age, health, and lets face it a drop in quality in his vocals it would be best if he did retire from public preforming. Although I still would like at least 5 more albums out of him before he retires for good.

JennaG 25 Mar 2013 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 586750)
Everyone else may disagree with me but due to Meat's age, health, and lets face it a drop in quality in his vocals it would be best if he did retire from public preforming.

Well you said that people may disagree with you and you're right on that one.

I really don't think that there has been a drop in quality in his vocals. Yes, his voice sounds different than it did 35, 15 or even 10 years ago but I personally don't think it's of a lesser quality.

LucyK! 25 Mar 2013 12:45

Quote:

... lets face it a drop in quality in his vocals... Although I still would like at least 5 more albums out of him before he retires for good.

So he's so crap he should retire, but good enough that you want 5 more albums first? :??:

anotherday 25 Mar 2013 14:45

Quote:

Everyone else may disagree with me but due to Meat's age, health, and lets face it a drop in quality in his vocals it would be best if he did retire from public preforming. Although I still would like at least 5 more albums out of him before he retires for good.

You're a bit contradictory there, HMM.

Vickip 25 Mar 2013 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 586759)

My thoughts exactly.

Vickip 25 Mar 2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 586746)
I don't want to be photographed for my M&G photos wearing something like a jeans and a t-shirt. I wore that at my last M&G and when I look at the photo now I wish I'd have worn something nicer.

Because I love Meat's sparkly jackets that he wears on stage, my sister has made me a jacket with a rhinestone design which I'm planning on wearing to one of the M&G's although I haven't yet decided what I am going to wear with it.

The jacket sounds beautiful Jenna ... I'd love to see a picture of it :D

RSG 25 Mar 2013 15:40

Thinkin' I gonna play the Hell In A Handbasket today.. after hearing California Dreamin' in a new light.. there's more intricacies in than I previously thought. Me just gonna just listen. Will report back to MLUKFC HQ after.. over

JennaG 25 Mar 2013 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 586761)
The jacket sounds beautiful Jenna ... I'd love to see a picture of it :D

I'll be sure to post a picture when it's done. ;)

Cherry.Loaf 25 Mar 2013 20:27

I have a dress that I'm dying that I'm hoping to wear but if that goes wrong I may fall back on one of my trusty Rockabilly dresses or possibly my new corset

midniteangel 25 Mar 2013 21:43

I sure wish that I could be going overseas to see one of Meats concerts since this is going to be the Last at Bat Tour, and I haven't seen any of the bat concerts except on dvd. Hmm wih I could win the lottery. Anyhow Love ya Meat and NLE band I hope that yall kick butt and take names, and safe journeys to you all(the band and everyone else going over there.)

duke knooby 26 Mar 2013 00:05

ive had 26 days to sort out the car insurance, and i have managed to be no longer insured in less than an hour...

and until the insurance is sorted, there will be no meat tickets purchased :|

The Flying Mouse 26 Mar 2013 00:20

Quote:

:twisted: He doesn't sound the same as he did 20 years ago (if he looked and sounded the same 20 years latter, we'd have to start going to shows wearing crucifixes and carrying cloves of garlic) but still, as far as i'm concerned, on his worst day he still blows the rest off the stage :metal:

As i've said before, Vegas will be a great thing for Meat.
He'll be performing shows without all the energy sapping travel that goes into a tour, and being a Storytellers format will mean that it will be more relaxed, casual, and fun for Meat.
Not to mention that the venue will be smaller than the big theatres he's been playing to.

I'm gutted I won't get to see one of these shows (without a lottery win) but i'm really happy for Meat that this has come along for him 8)

Being based in one place and not being out on the road also means that making new music can also be a part time project if he wants it to be.

misterfive 26 Mar 2013 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 586759)

Not really, I think Meat Loaf would be better suited for studio preforming due to his health for one thing. By the way there is no need to be critical about my opinion, but lets all be completely honest. Who here likes Meats live version of The Giving Tree like the one he did on Jay Leno Tonight compared to the album version? His voice breaks, he wheezes, and he can't move around as much as he could he has to stand stationary to hit high notes the man can't go on like that forever.

So sue me for worrying about my personal hero enough to put out there that he should quit live preforming. That part of his life is over, I don't think he should quit singing but doing tours where he passes out and requires knee surgery isn't a good idea. And with his waning vocals it might be a good idea to stress them out.

melon 26 Mar 2013 09:28

I don't think the touring has necessarily resulted in him needing knee surgery... People have knee replacements all the time, and they're people that don't tour and perform....

duke knooby 26 Mar 2013 22:54

i have no idea about current pop music!!!

just saw an advert for now 84, and have no idea who most of the performers are lol

suzieq 27 Mar 2013 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 586820)
By the way there is no need to be critical about my opinion, but lets all be completely honest.

No one is being critical of your opinion.....it's when you lump people into the "let's face it" and "lets ALL be completely honest".....verbage followed by an opinion which some don't share. See the difference. I don't agree with your opinion of his vocals. I like the "live" Giving Tree with the breathiness .... he lives within the song. I feel it to be organic. I'm not going to convince you to like it or see it my way. I'm not attacking you or being "critical", just disagreeing with you.

And I do agree with Melon, people have knee replacements all the time regardless of occupation, hobby, or age for that matter.

Julie in the rv mirror 27 Mar 2013 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 586648)
Just got a ticket to a second Springsteen show. Rod Laver on Tuesday, Hanging Rock on Sunday. I'm so unbelievably pumped :D

Sooo...... how was the show? :-)

Vickip 27 Mar 2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 586877)
No one is being critical of your opinion.....it's when you lump people into the "let's face it" and "lets ALL be completely honest".....verbage followed by an opinion which some don't share. See the difference. I don't agree with your opinion of his vocals. I like the "live" Giving Tree with the breathiness .... he lives within the song. I feel it to be organic. I'm not going to convince you to like it or see it my way. I'm not attacking you or being "critical", just disagreeing with you.

And I do agree with Melon, people have knee replacements all the time regardless of occupation, hobby, or age for that matter.

:up: I second that Suzie. And imho watching Meat perform The Giving Tree
and Mad Mad World live last summer were truly spectacular, one of the
highlights of the entire tour :-)

As far as the knee replacements go, my Mom (who's 81) has been saying
for years that she needs to have hers replaced. She's not a performer on
stage, but she sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with her !

CarylB 27 Mar 2013 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterfive (Post 586820)
So sue me for worrying about my personal hero enough to put out there that he should quit live preforming. That part of his life is over, I don't think he should quit singing but doing tours where he passes out and requires knee surgery isn't a good idea. And with his waning vocals it might be a good idea to stress them out.

He preforms, even performs, just fine for me. You make it sound like he routinely "passes out" (which is utter tosh), or routinely has difficulty .. ditto. And as Mel says, you cannot lay his knee surgery directly at the door of touring. Meat was heavily into sports and remains an energetic man .. the strain on his joints won't be simply due to touring, the improvement should enhance his whole life, not merely moving on stage.

I saw some of the best shows I've seen last tour, and expect to see some great ones next month. Meat imo is entitled to make his own decisions and do what HE wants to do. Hopefully this will include some shows from time to time, because he is a consummate performer in the round .. not merely a man who comes on stage to sing a number of songs, and should not imo be judged as such. He is bigger than that, fills and lights up the stage, makes a connection with his audience that is surpassed by none.

misterfive 28 Mar 2013 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 586822)
I don't think the touring has necessarily resulted in him needing knee surgery... People have knee replacements all the time, and they're people that don't tour and perform....

Yes but standing in place while hitting power notes doesn't help.

Mr. Happy 28 Mar 2013 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 586881)
Sooo...... how was the show? :-)

I had the time of my life. Holy crap. Two nights on and I'm still in shock, he's more incredible than I could have possibly imagined live. I lost my shit when he started playing We Are Alive. I wasn't expecting to get that all, so I may or may not have got a little more excited than I should have when I realised what he's speech before it was preluding :lol: The dedication to Clarence in My City of Ruins was beautiful, too. I teared up when he went over to Clarence's side of the stage and did his thing. Lots of morons didn't quite get it and did the usual catcalling, though :roll:

Oh, and he ~~~~ed up Badlands! They got to the false ending, and there was the count in to come back in...and more than one person went into completely the wrong section somehow. "Key of E, boys!" :lol:

Sunday can't come soon enough, I have to do that all over again. I'm lining up hours and hours early to get right at the front of the GA this time (I had pretty dodgy seats Tuesday), so it's going to be even better. If that's possible :cool: I'm tossing up between Racing in the Street, Kingdom of Days, Drive All Night and Land of Hope and Dreams as a sign request. I know he might do LOHAD anyway, so I'm not leaning towards it, but it's the one song I really want to hear. So it's under consideration. What's your advice on that song selection? I'm very undecided as to what I'd prefer right now :D

LucyK! 28 Mar 2013 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 586952)
I had the time of my life. Holy crap. Two nights on and I'm still in shock

That's what The Boss will do to ya :)) There's no way to explain a live Bruce show, you've got to experience it.

How did you find Jake in the absence of Clarence? We were nervous about someone "replacing" Clarence but completely fell in love with Jake almost immediately, he certainly takes after his Uncle!

AndyK 28 Mar 2013 13:22

It has to be Racing In The Street out of that list of yours. If nothing else then you get to hear Roy work his stuff. Although there's a part of me that says don't choose that one ... in case Bruce picks it and then there's potentially less of a chance for us to hear it in the rotation when he gets to the UK, in which case go for Kingdom of Day or LOHAD, the former I'm not keen on anyway and the latter I've heard enough to not really miss it.

Queuing up for the GA is well worth it. Enjoy!

LucyK! 28 Mar 2013 13:24

See, I wouldn't mind if they left Racing In The Street out of the UK set list, we seem to have had it quite a lot, I'd much prefer Backstreets.

The GA queues are unreal (days long!) but SO worth it! Have a great time!

Mr. Happy 28 Mar 2013 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586953)
How did you find Jake in the absence of Clarence? We were nervous about someone "replacing" Clarence but completely fell in love with Jake almost immediately, he certainly takes after his Uncle!

From that one show I've seen, I think he's the perfect person to step up into Clarence's spot. Not only does he know how work the saxophone, he's also a great foil for Bruce. Seems like a great personality to have on stage. I can't fault him at all, he's got big shoes to fill but he's doing an awesome job of it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 586954)
It has to be Racing In The Street out of that list of yours. If nothing else then you get to hear Roy work his stuff. Although there's a part of me that says don't choose that one ... in case Bruce picks it and then there's potentially less of a chance for us to hear it in the rotation when he gets to the UK, in which case go for Kingdom of Day or LOHAD, the former I'm not keen on anyway and the latter I've heard enough to not really miss it.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but the fact he might not play it in the UK isn't going to stop me bringing a sign! :lol: Roy's piano was my entire train of thought for approaching Racing, I can't get enough of that.

We'll see, I have a few days to decide yet :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 586954)
Queuing up for the GA is well worth it. Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 586955)
The GA queues are unreal (days long!) but SO worth it! Have a great time!

Thank you! I most definitely will :D

chairboys 29 Mar 2013 17:21

Hotel booked for B'ham. All systems go.

melon 30 Mar 2013 15:34

My skydive for charity :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0Ri...ature=youtu.be

Raised $1525

AndyK 30 Mar 2013 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 587050)

Raised $1525

Well done!!

I thought you'd just got a cheap flight to the UK and were parachuting in to save money :))

duke knooby 30 Mar 2013 19:46

Quote:

Raised $1525

that was amazing!!

congrats and very well done...

melon 31 Mar 2013 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 587053)
Well done!!

I thought you'd just got a cheap flight to the UK and were parachuting in to save money :))

The thought did cross my mind :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587064)
that was amazing!!

congrats and very well done...

And thanks to the both of you

The Flying Mouse 31 Mar 2013 01:07

:twisted: Well done Mel 8) :up:

melon 31 Mar 2013 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 587078)
:twisted: Well done Mel 8) :up:

Cheers Mouse

Vickip 31 Mar 2013 01:28

Quote:

Raised $1525

Congratulations !

Battybarb 31 Mar 2013 03:08

Quote:

Raised $1525

well done Mel and very brave , my daughter did it a couple of years ago for meningitis and I thought then anyone who does it has really got some guts to do the skydive :-)

melon 31 Mar 2013 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 587082)
Congratulations !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battybarb (Post 587085)
well done Mel and very brave , my daughter did it a couple of years ago for meningitis and I thought then anyone who does it has really got some guts to do the skydive :-)

Thank you both :-)

duke knooby 31 Mar 2013 04:02

mel, have your ears recovered yet??

Yevonda 31 Mar 2013 04:56

Guess working 7 days a week and crohn's disease does not mix. After a month of non stop working my body finally said enough. Pretty much slept the last two days. Hopefully will start to feel better soon... :(

melon 31 Mar 2013 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587089)
mel, have your ears recovered yet??

I think so, but you know how sometimes you think they're fine, then they pop again? I think that might be the case.

They feel ok though

chairboys 31 Mar 2013 11:54

congrats mel.

melon 31 Mar 2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 587098)
congrats mel.

Thank you Sir :cool:

duke knooby 31 Mar 2013 15:07

Shouldda bought that house

meat_loaf 31 Mar 2013 23:47

One week to go (until Glasgow gig) Happy easter everyone :)

duke knooby 01 Apr 2013 01:32

this is the most annoying yet!!

R has excelled himself this time

Adje 01 Apr 2013 01:40

LOL annoying as hell indeed :lol:

Monstro 01 Apr 2013 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587126)
this is the most annoying yet!!

R has excelled himself this time

It's killing me lol, best one yet!!!!!!!!!

Must ask R if mods can be excluded lol

Vickip 01 Apr 2013 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 587128)
It's killing me lol, best one yet!!!!!!!!!

Must ask R if mods can be excluded lol

No exclusions ... :lmao:

Hypnobabe 01 Apr 2013 09:31

Not sure what the problem is, nothing annoying showing on forum runner, lol....

CarylB 01 Apr 2013 13:13

Very good R ;) Happy April 1st

RSG 01 Apr 2013 13:28

Oy... tilting threads :twisted:

Monstro 01 Apr 2013 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 587135)
Oy... tilting threads :twisted:

Just turn your monitor on it's side, sorted

Sebastian. 01 Apr 2013 14:31

Game of Thrones!

Steve6 02 Apr 2013 01:28

Thoughts of a big tasty doner kebab.

duke knooby 02 Apr 2013 01:42

as axl sang...

i cant stop thinkin'
thinkin' about sinkin'
sinkin' down into my bed!

melon 02 Apr 2013 06:14

Oooo, about to get on a plane for Dubai! I'm coming guys :)

Monstro 02 Apr 2013 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 587219)
Oooo, about to get on a plane for Dubai! I'm coming guys :)

We're not in Dubai lol

LucyK! 02 Apr 2013 12:07

Last night was a joke! Went to bed, turned off the light, and got a serious fit of the pre-tour giggles!! I couldn't settle down! The only thing I can compare it to is that feeling as a child going to bed on Christmas Eve, which would be fine if tour started tomorrow, I can't be doing this for a week!

About to start sewing, may need some serious quality control checking on my bags this week!

duke knooby 02 Apr 2013 18:50

My job isn't fun anymore

chairboys 02 Apr 2013 19:39

Trying to set up a new PM address as the last one packed in weeks ago. Having trouble typing in a new address and being accepted. It may be because I can't bleeding well remember my password (i've tried the usual possibilities!)
Dearest mods, any chance of helping out a hopeless case?

AndyK 02 Apr 2013 19:43

If you're logged in and able to post in this thread then you should be able to Private Message.

RSG 02 Apr 2013 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 587137)
Just turn your monitor on it's side, sorted

I was seriously considering, tilting my room to the desired degree; leaving the monitor just :twisted:

Monstro 02 Apr 2013 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 587284)
I was seriously considering, tilting my room to the desired degree; leaving the monitor just :twisted:

I tried that but the Lego fell over :shrug:

AndyK 02 Apr 2013 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 587294)
I tried that but the Lego fell over :shrug:

Shouldn't have bought so much then!

LucyK! 02 Apr 2013 20:59

Really wasn't necessary, she only wanted the magazine... ;)

duke knooby 03 Apr 2013 01:50

poltergeist :)

suzieq 03 Apr 2013 04:36

Anyone spy Melon?

Monstro 03 Apr 2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 587330)
Anyone spy Melon?

No parachutes over London yet

chairboys 03 Apr 2013 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 587330)
Anyone spy Melon?

I'm hearing of a security alert at Heathrow.
A passenger has been held on suspicion of being the head of an international ticket touting operation.
A young Australian female is believed to be in possession of countless concert tickets which the authorities believe will be sold on the black market for illegal profit.
The tickets were cleverly concealed inside a box of new cricket balls.

duke knooby 04 Apr 2013 01:53

need sleep

melon 04 Apr 2013 17:51

People of England..... I am here.

AndyK 04 Apr 2013 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 587410)
People of England..... I am here.

Only until immigration officials find you :))

duke knooby 04 Apr 2013 18:58

People of England, look after our australian guest :)

LucyK! 04 Apr 2013 19:23

Nervous.

JennaG 04 Apr 2013 19:47

I will not be getting new boots to wear to the shows as they weren't available in my local store or online.

*sulk*

LucyK! 04 Apr 2013 19:53

No-one will notice your boots anyway, they'll be looking at your handbag :))

AndrewG 04 Apr 2013 20:52

Concert tickets for major artists are too pricey these days... They are going beyond West End show levels where you are guaranteed better views and more comfort.
Think I will focus on less popular artists from this year onwards, go to the local theatre more and catch the odd West End show.

Battybarb 04 Apr 2013 20:53

Nearly time

Cherry.Loaf 04 Apr 2013 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 587418)

I can't wait to see it!

JennaG 04 Apr 2013 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 587418)

That's what I'm hoping. ;)

The boots I may end up wearing are a bit scuffed because I wore them to work, which was probably not a good idea now I think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 587425)

I can't wait to see it!

I know, nor can I. It's really quite exciting. :D

melon 04 Apr 2013 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 587413)
People of England, look after our australian guest :)

Thank you :D

Sebastian. 04 Apr 2013 23:12

Stupid idiot doctor. How did you even get your PHD?

duke knooby 05 Apr 2013 00:17

me previous car is up for sale... and im tempted!!

it looks awesome... why the ~~~~ did i trade that in?

AndyK 05 Apr 2013 09:30

What shall I do tonight?

LucyK! 05 Apr 2013 09:37

We could go out for dinner? Couple of drinks?

Monstro 05 Apr 2013 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 587454)
What shall I do tonight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 587455)
We could go out for dinner? Couple of drinks?

I'll stuff an effin stottie down ur throats ya bloody heathens..................

AndyK 05 Apr 2013 10:19

Luce! Looks like Michael's offered to pay for dinner tonight!

LucyK! 05 Apr 2013 10:20

I love stotties too! Stotties and peanut butter, thanks Michael!

Monstro 05 Apr 2013 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 587461)
I love stotties too! Stotties and peanut butter, thanks Michael!

Stotties are designed for bacon or other pig based meats only...........jeez Smoggie's will ruin anything

duke knooby 06 Apr 2013 02:05

practise starts early tomorrow, so its time

good night

JennaG 06 Apr 2013 20:22

I get my pre-op asessment date for my throat surgery in the post today and I might have to miss the Nottingham show because of it. :cry: