mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Hypnobabe 06 Jun 2007 15:16

The only one I've really been watching is Celebrity Masterchef, but then it's only if it's on, I don't make any special effort... Can't stand the I'm a celebrity shows, or Big Brother, and I don't even like The Apprentice... I meet enough weird people in my line of work as it is, without watching them on my tv too!

mszee 06 Jun 2007 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 347827)
The only one I've really been watching is Celebrity Masterchef, but then it's only if it's on, I don't make any special effort... Can't stand the I'm a celebrity shows, or Big Brother, and I don't even like The Apprentice... I meet enough weird people in my line of work as it is, without watching them on my tv too!

I don't know what Celebrity Masterchef is? We don't have one like this here? Or if we do it goes under a different name.

I've watched a couple of seasons of Apprentice here...it was good in the beginning...and then Trump's ego interfered...so it became ok...15 minutes challenge and 45 minutes boardroom...nyah...

Heli 06 Jun 2007 15:24

WHy is it so fun to have your ear against the wall while the neighbours are argueing!! :p

It's like listening to a soap opera's :mrgreen:

Hypnobabe 06 Jun 2007 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 347831)
WHy is it so fun to have your ear against the wall while the neighbours are argueing!! :p

Get on with your homework!

Sorry... I'm being a mum again...

mszee 06 Jun 2007 15:28

Quote:

Put a glass between the wall and the ear...to better hear you with, dear...hahahahahahahaha...

What are they arguing about?

Hypnobabe 06 Jun 2007 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 347829)
I don't know what Celebrity Masterchef is? We don't have one like this here? Or if we do it goes under a different name.

The current one has three 'celebrities' each show, with three tasks - first is to create two courses from a selection of ingredients they're given, second is to do a lunchtime shift at a busy restaurant, and the last is to create their best two courses with whatever ingredients they need. They're then judged by two food critics.

Now I'm talking about that, I'm realising the only other reality TV show I really enjoyed was Hell's Kitchen...

mszee 06 Jun 2007 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 347836)
The current one has three 'celebrities' each show, with three tasks - first is to create two courses from a selection of ingredients they're given, second is to do a lunchtime shift at a busy restaurant, and the last is to create their best two courses with whatever ingredients they need. They're then judged by two food critics.

Now I'm talking about that, I'm realising the only other reality TV show I really enjoyed was Hell's Kitchen...

Oh...we had one similar but somehow didn't work out...

Current favorite on Food Network (which I also watch when there is nothing else to watch - interesting enough cause I neither like, nor can cook) is a new Food Network star...that's the competition for a real cooking show on Food Network...first two were great...this one missed the beginning cause got too involved with Bridezillas...one was such a train wreck...I couldn't believe somebody will actually marry her...

Heli 06 Jun 2007 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 347834)
Put a glass between the wall and the ear...to better hear you with, dear...hahahahahahahaha...

What are they arguing about?

The older son is a bit of a tear-away and the younger son has behaviour problems, and I think the older song kicked the younger one and his mum went off her head; shouting at them both and then shouting at her husband who wasn't doing anything to help...then she threatened to kick her older son out (again) etc etc. They're all nuts next door, I swear! I never hear her do anything but shout.

mszee 06 Jun 2007 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 347838)
The older son is a bit of a tear-away and the younger son has behaviour problems, and I think the older song kicked the younger one and his mum went off her head; shouting at them both and then shouting at her husband who wasn't doing anything to help...then she threatened to kick her older son out (again) etc etc. They're all nuts next door, I swear! I never hear her do anything but shout.

Sounds entertaining...would be better if it was love thingie...would be more fun...buy hey...take what you can get!!!

SamCat 06 Jun 2007 15:50

My neighbours have some fabulous rows but its all in Polish so i have no idea what they're about!!

mszee 06 Jun 2007 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347844)
My neighbours have some fabulous rows but its all in Polish so i have no idea what they're about!!

Well, I guess I should have stayed with you...would have been some use out of me...:lmao:

SamCat 06 Jun 2007 16:01

I could use a translator!! Sometimes they tell me what happened especially if it was a stupid one and if its the sisters arguing their boyfriends come and shelter in my flat til its over!!

mszee 06 Jun 2007 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347848)
I could use a translator!! Sometimes they tell me what happened especially if it was a stupid one and if its the sisters arguing their boyfriends come and shelter in my flat til its over!!

Then I guess it's time for another visit, eh? ;)

SamCat 06 Jun 2007 16:05

Definately but hurry they're moving out in a month cos the flats being sold!!

mszee 06 Jun 2007 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347851)
Definately but hurry they're moving out in a month cos the flats being sold!!

No pressure, eh? :lmao:

Not this year, I am afraid...but...definitely a possibility...

RadioMaster 06 Jun 2007 16:45

So, my two whatever to the last pages:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 347838)

I exactly know what you mean! BUT, I dont even need my ear at the wall, hear it even at the other end of the flat. They're just screaming, all day and all night. Parents with two lil kids: current arguement:
"GET INSIDE!!!" "waaa" "STOP CRYING!!!" "SHUT UP B1TCH!" "YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, GET A F#CKING JOB!" and so on....

Luckily I'm moving away, to a very quiet flat next month. phew

TV shows:
I have to admit I watched the first series of Big Brother when it came out, and I liked it :oops:. On the other hand: I was 11 then. lol

I think I'm addicted to tortillas.

think thats all for the moment...

Betty 07 Jun 2007 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347795)
Wotcha up to?

been out with a friend.
Cinema, Subway and driving around in the car lol

Was a very good evening :up:

RadioMaster 07 Jun 2007 00:10

that new shampoo surely does a good job, should have tried that one earlier.

SamCat 07 Jun 2007 00:13

Sounds like a good evening!! I was at my friends tonight with champagne, risotto and England winning 3-0!! They gave me some Chanel body lotion and i have to admit its the first Chanel thing i have ever had!!

mszee 07 Jun 2007 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 347932)
that new shampoo surely does a good job, should have tried that one earlier.

So we could have MORE pictures of Goldilocks by the magic mirror??? :shock::lol:

RadioMaster 07 Jun 2007 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347933)
Sounds like a good evening!! I was at my friends tonight with champagne, risotto and England winning 3-0!! They gave me some Chanel body lotion and i have to admit its the first Chanel thing i have ever had!!

Germany won aswell!

WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIIIIIIIIIIEEEND

mszee 07 Jun 2007 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 347933)

Really???

Some of this stuff is just a name...you can buy better and cheaper at the pharmacy...

SW31 07 Jun 2007 00:23

seem to remember a england v germany game not so long ago -- score ENGLAND 5 GERMANY 1 OH MY

Heli 07 Jun 2007 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW31 (Post 347938)
seem to remember a england v germany game not so long ago -- score ENGLAND 5 GERMANY 1 OH MY

That reminds me of a song so very dear to our british hearts...

One world cup and two world wars, doo dah doo dah, one world cup and two world wars dooby doo dah day! :twisted::cool:

Betty 07 Jun 2007 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW31 (Post 347938)

yeah that must have been in 2001 if I recall correctly.
I was in London at that time and every single Brit who found out that I´m German showed or shouted the 5 to 1 score at me!! That was horrible lol
Wasn´t even able to buy stamps without being told the score...
I was like " Yeah, I know!! Now give me the ~~~~ing stamps!!!!" :-D