mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 18:50

where's Carl these days?

AndyK 10 Jun 2007 19:22

~~~~~~~ pollen :bicker:

Betty 10 Jun 2007 19:44

.oO(ice, icecubes, snow, sleigh, icehockey, frosty...)

nope, doesn´t work :shrug:
now 38 degrees here :faint:

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 20:05

bored, far to hot to go outside and nothing good on TV. And on here isnt much going on either. Lets see if therell be a few people for "sunday night chat" later.....
better watch a dvd

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 20:30

Anyone watching the F1??

Left the room for two minutes and Fisichela was black-flagged - what happened?! :??:

Betty 10 Jun 2007 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 348385)
Anyone watching the F1??

Left the room for two minutes and Fisichela was black-flagged - what happened?! :??:

Stupid guy doesn´t know the rules!!!
He ignored red light at the end of the pit lane :doh:

Still shocked at Kubica´s accident!!! :shock:

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 21:13

Thanks!

The accident was horrid, thankfully he only has a broken leg, I was expecting a lot worse...

And well done to our boy Lewis! :))

Betty 10 Jun 2007 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 348387)
Thanks!

The accident was horrid, thankfully he only has a broken leg, I was expecting a lot worse...

And well done to our boy Lewis! :))

The last information doesn´t even confirm that Kubica has broken a leg...
we´ll wait and see what tomorrows newspaper says.

Hamilton was outstandig!! Again!!! He´s just amazing!!!
I´m so happy that Mercedes took a risk with this young, talented driver!!!

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 21:22

Gave up watching F1 looooong ago.
That's not much to do with actual car racing anymore.
It was great back in the late 90s with Schumacher and Häkkinen fighting for every point, but from then on it went downhill.
And after Michael left, theres no single reason left for me to watch it.

(Betty, didnt we had that talk at breakfast two weeks ago?)

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 21:25

They confirmed here that he has a broken leg. They also didn't cut to the adverts quite quick enough at the end of the race and they told Hamilton on his radio that that's what had happened, don't think we were meant to hear though :p

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 21:27

An interesting point of view RJ...

I've been a motorsport fan for years (though my commitment to it this year has been terrible due to that singer that went on tour..) and always watched F1 on TV, but I was completely bored with MS forever leading, I found the battles further down the grid to be much more interesting, much preferring it now he's gone

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 21:32

well, you can see that he's just been THE BEST :cool:
Though I have to agree, it became boring, so they decided to change all the rules. And that's the problem for me: It's not about who's the best driver anymore, with all the traction controls and what else you can nearly say it's about who obeys the rules best. The people winning the last racest wouldnt have a chance in, let's say, ten years ago, on the other hand, most of the winners back then wouldnt get a race manages as good today as back then. It's just not about the best driver anymore.

I think it's kind of ironic (and great for us Germans) that they tried everything to keep Schumacher from winning, and couldnt get them to lose a race, no matter how many rules they changed :lol:

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 21:38

Oh absolutely, no one could ever take away form his skill, he has an amazing skill - for me it was the arrogance and the attitude that went with his success. I did often wonder whether the TV interviews perhaps didn't show him in his best light, but I have friends who work in F1 and I was disappointed to hear he's exactly the same in person

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 21:43

never really noticed that....

maybe it's because all of us Germans are quite arrogant :p

He has(had?) a huge number of fans over here.

Betty 10 Jun 2007 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 348393)
They confirmed here that he has a broken leg. They also didn't cut to the adverts quite quick enough at the end of the race and they told Hamilton on his radio that that's what had happened, don't think we were meant to hear though :p

Yeah, we heard the on board information that was given to Hamilton over here as well.
But after the race Dr. Mario Theissen said that it´s not confirmed wether he´s got a broken leg or not. He said Kubica was sent into a hospital in Montreal to do further, proper tests.
I´m really hoping that his leg is not broken... Have some sort of dejavu here, which reminds me of what happened to M.Schmacher in Silverstone a few years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 348391)
Gave up watching F1 looooong ago.
That's not much to do with actual car racing anymore.
It was great back in the late 90s with Schumacher and Häkkinen fighting for every point, but from then on it went downhill.
And after Michael left, theres no single reason left for me to watch it.

(Betty, didnt we had that talk at breakfast two weeks ago?)

Awww... Hakkinen, those were days :D
I still love and adore him, and I still think he is an awesome driver!!!
Love watching him at the DTM races these days.

Yep, you´re right... this discussion sounds quite familiar!
It was one of our breakfast talks ;-)

LucyK! 10 Jun 2007 22:41

Oh really? The comentary here said it was a broken leg...either way he won't be fit for next weekend's race which is a shame

RadioMaster 10 Jun 2007 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 348411)
Yep, you´re right... this discussion sounds quite familiar!
It was one of our breakfast talks ;-)

at 2pm :lmao:

SW31 11 Jun 2007 01:01

why don't people answer my emails

duke knooby 11 Jun 2007 01:09

cameras should be banned from meet ups

duke knooby 11 Jun 2007 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 348378)
where's Carl these days?

probably still trying to get laid, lol

Betty 11 Jun 2007 01:14

Thought #1: Should start exercising for tomorrows exam :roll:
Thought #2: Should really go to bed...
Thought #3: Will there be snow outside when I wake up later?? :pray:

duke knooby 11 Jun 2007 01:15

today was one of the toughest days ive ever had, i hope its along time till i have another like this

MeatGrl1 11 Jun 2007 01:17

I feel as if I want to cry !
Should not have taken what was said too much too heart but when it's something that your sensitive about there is an inner turmoil that literally breaks you up.

I was singing Elvis songs to dull it but I have stopped now and I'm seriously wanting to cry right now, atm I do not like this person much right now for not keeping their mouth closed when they knew fool well how much this means to me and really should have thought of what impact that comment would have made !

:bicker:

Needed to vent that somewhere and yes I sing in the privacy of my bedroom because I can't sing to save my life but it's a great stress reliever once in awhile ... !

duke knooby 11 Jun 2007 01:18

wasnt me, ive said nothing, but cried alot today already

SamCat 11 Jun 2007 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by knooby (Post 348435)
cameras should be banned from meet ups

Why? Have you seen that photo of us? Even i like that one!!!