mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 18 Aug 2016 23:21

that's a rather tidy looking e36 for sale near Byley...

tempting!!

but not a fan of flying

duke knooby 20 Aug 2016 01:40

happy 40th neil, i'll raise a glass and toast you

GenoJLaw 20 Aug 2016 03:02

Had Philly Cheese Steak, Onion Ring, Ice Cream cone and deep fried Snickers today. Fair food is the best.

melon 20 Aug 2016 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 616153)
happy 40th neil, i'll raise a glass and toast you

Ditto

Sent from my SM-G925I using Forum Runner

duke knooby 20 Aug 2016 21:58

Where's RJ's cardboard head?

duke knooby 22 Aug 2016 00:46

as a non sporty person, that always preferred the winter olympics to the main show, the main show is much more watchable when your team is doing well lol

duke knooby 24 Aug 2016 01:17

Very tired, very drunk

Good night!

duke knooby 24 Aug 2016 18:19

Looks like the air lander 10 has been rather optimistically named, crashlander 10 may have been more appropriate.

duke knooby 25 Aug 2016 23:17

bitten by a caterpillar and stung by a wasp

why's nature got it in for me today lol

Sebastian. 25 Aug 2016 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 616234)
bitten by a caterpillar and stung by a wasp

why's nature got it in for me today lol

Not quite what Muhammed Ali was on about.

chairboys 29 Aug 2016 17:50

Bus stopped. Front doors opened. Jumped off, bearing right and thud.
I whacked my head on the wing mirror.
Surely I'm not the first person to have done this?

Guy 29 Aug 2016 23:37

Having planet rock on the radio all day is good for my current working conditions

Monstro 30 Aug 2016 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 616264)
Bus stopped. Front doors opened. Jumped off, bearing right and thud.
I whacked my head on the wing mirror.
Surely I'm not the first person to have done this?

Probably not......

First to admit it publicly......probably

tonyloaf 30 Aug 2016 03:05

New DELAIN album very good

Sebastian. 30 Aug 2016 09:18

Brize Norton departures... making Riyadh airport look amazing!

chairboys 30 Aug 2016 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 616279)
Probably not......

First to admit it publicly......probably

This place is private, no?

Guy 30 Aug 2016 14:53

The problem with working in dirty, smelly houses is that you do seem to scratch more when you get home.

tonyloaf 31 Aug 2016 17:28

Been told last minute I'm going to New York

Cherry.Loaf 31 Aug 2016 21:46

So my daughter Luna (13 weeks) loves Meat Loaf and Springsteen, glad to know she has good taste in music already

chairboys 02 Sep 2016 20:03

Cranium crunching seems to be a current habit. This time a low branch.

duke knooby 04 Sep 2016 01:33

looks like i've a flight to manchester to make

duke knooby 05 Sep 2016 01:41

tired, worn out, almost broken... but not defeated (yet)

tonyloaf 05 Sep 2016 01:47

Getting ready to head to Lisbon to see nightwish play

duke knooby 05 Sep 2016 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 616476)
Getting ready to head to Lisbon to see nightwish play

I was getting ready to go to Lisburn today, it's not quite as exotic though.

Enjoy the gig!

Julie in the rv mirror 05 Sep 2016 22:06

Magic number is 10! :cheer:

(Since most people probably have no clue what I'm talking about: http://www.cubsmagicnumber.com/)

tonyloaf 05 Sep 2016 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 616513)
I was getting ready to go to Lisburn today, it's not quite as exotic though.

Enjoy the gig!

lol thanks man!

duke knooby 06 Sep 2016 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 616143)
that's a rather tidy looking e36 for sale near Byley...

tempting!!

but not a fan of flying

the temptation was too great

but I gotta say, i don't normally do crazy, blind car purchases

40ish miles to the liverpool boat, or 240ish miles to cairnryan

decisions decisions

Adje 06 Sep 2016 03:35

So when was the last time your jetlag lasted a week :roll:

lorenzoduke 06 Sep 2016 04:13

For the first time in a life that has included being abused, losing my family, being cheated on, being homeless, and living in 4 different countries, true happiness is in reach and I'm worried it's gonna evaporate or I'm gonna ~~~~ it up.

tonyloaf 06 Sep 2016 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 616567)

I'm currently in my 4th week of bad jet lag

Sebastian. 06 Sep 2016 11:43

Quote:

Tokyo 2011 I was ~~~~ed for 3 weeks.

On another note my no drinking for 3 months is on the rocks... just like my drink.

AndrewG 06 Sep 2016 12:37

Quote:

Tend to agree. :|

Quote:

Travel fatigue can occur without crossing time zones, and it often disappears after a single day accompanied by a night of good quality sleep

tonyloaf 06 Sep 2016 16:14

unless you have had multiple trips plus long working times

AndrewG 06 Sep 2016 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 616593)
unless you have had multiple trips plus long working times

Then it wouldn't be just jetlag. ;)

tonyloaf 06 Sep 2016 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 616594)

All adds to it

Sebastian. 06 Sep 2016 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 616594)

The fact you're willing to argue it is pretty pathetic.

Guy 06 Sep 2016 17:31

Really??
Jeez....

duke knooby 06 Sep 2016 21:39

I've just been sent a pic by a mate, of his mates personally signed btwa cd, it's ok for me to be jealous, isn't it???

duke knooby 07 Sep 2016 00:20

and worse than that, been sent a car tax reminder a month earlier than i was expecting

AndrewG 07 Sep 2016 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 616607)
The fact you're willing to argue it is pretty pathetic.

My concern about Meat's health wasn't meant maliciously, not sure how you think that is pathetic, and as Meat confirmed this morning he has a pinched nerve in his back and not sure about touring so there is more going on than just jetlag. Just think shrugging how he looked on Monday off so easily and trying to drag him back to the stage can also be interpreted as being insensitive.

Wasn't trying to argue with anyone, just think "jetlag" isn't accurate. This is Post your thoughts. One can't really disagree with a thought?

You know what I thought was pathetic, was the comment here. Just couldn't help but not respond.
Would young people such as yourself even have been able to have been a fan if Meat had stopped at Bat 2?! Let alone little tiny differences in how we see things...

http://media.mlxxfc.net/pahetic-comment.jpg

duke knooby 08 Sep 2016 22:46

is Meat's cane the one he had in the all coming back to me now vid?

stretch37 08 Sep 2016 23:59

Meat doesn't have jet lag. Just look at him. he's in pain, he's clearly ill...Seeing him on stage this year my mouth was hanging open. Something has happened and is different about meat. That's a fact.

AndrewG 09 Sep 2016 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 616809)
Meat doesn't have jet lag. Just look at him. he's in pain, he's clearly ill...Seeing him on stage this year my mouth was hanging open. Something has happened and is different about meat. That's a fact.

Whatever it is I hope he recovers. Thinking there is something wrong isn't being mean, I think in this case it's being realistic. Not trying to tear down his character. It's like being concerned about a family member I think. We all want the best for him in the end.

Glad the signing in London went so well. Hope Meat really enjoyed himself.
Hope after the 16th he is done with the promo and can enjoy his birthday without any commitments on his agenda for a bit. He certainly deserves that.

stretch37 09 Sep 2016 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 616810)
Whatever it is I hope he recovers. Thinking there is something wrong isn't being mean, I think in this case it's being realistic. Not trying to tear down his character. It's like being concerned about a family member I think. We all want the best for him in the end.

My thoughts exactly. It's coming from a place of love and concern for someone you care about. And I am glad he's doing the signing and talking to everyone about his record, It's great to see him out and about. I'm not judging him at all. I just care for him too much NOT to worry.

firefly 09 Sep 2016 11:07

Off out shopping to get the new album, can't wait xx

Guy 09 Sep 2016 15:49

OMG.
I'm gonna divorce the wife and marry Speaking in Tongues.
Love it.

anotherday 09 Sep 2016 15:57

Can't. Stop. Listening. To. BTWA.

AndrewG 09 Sep 2016 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 616897)
OMG.
I'm gonna divorce the wife and marry Speaking in Tongues.
Love it.

Don't know where my girlfriend is sleeping tonight because I'm sleeping with Going all the way.. But I'd accept a threesome. I'd better tell her I guess...
:twisted:

duke knooby 09 Sep 2016 17:12

time to go cd buying

duke knooby 09 Sep 2016 21:35

mid way through very first playback... i'm gonna have to put it back to back against bat 2 :)

duke knooby 09 Sep 2016 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 616962)
mid way through very first playback... i'm gonna have to put it back to back against bat 2 :)

that was a bad idea as i'm now listening to afl for the third time in a row

duke knooby 09 Sep 2016 22:47

possibly it just wont quit is my new favourite song

Battybarb 10 Sep 2016 12:18

That has always been one of my favourites
Just love it

duke knooby 10 Sep 2016 12:43

The hairy bikers were a great choice to host today's show with meat :)

stretch37 10 Sep 2016 12:47

Twitter's all worried about Meat after seeing him on the Saturday Breakfast show this morning (just ended I think).

So many people saying he looks like he's had a stroke, or he's in a bad way, or he looks very frail or sick, or something's just not right.....Apparently Jimmy wasn't over-exaggerating...Feeling worried...

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...tchen&src=typd

Here's a picture from the show...I can see what they mean :'(
https://i.imgsafe.org/3e59c4f9c3.jpg

anotherday 10 Sep 2016 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 617058)
Twitter's all worried about Meat after seeing him on the Saturday Breakfast show this morning (just ended I think).

So many people saying he looks like he's had a stroke, or he's in a bad way, or he looks very frail or sick, or something's just not right.....Apparently Jimmy wasn't over-exaggerating...Feeling worried...

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...tchen&src=typd

Here's a picture from the show...I can see what they mean :'(
https://i.imgsafe.org/3e59c4f9c3.jpg

Oh. My. God.
Meat is FINE.
He has explained up and down he has a pinched nerve in his back. THEYARE SUPER PAINFUL THINGS TO EXPERIENCE.

stretch37 10 Sep 2016 13:34

theres actually more to it than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 617063)
Oh. My. God.
Meat is FINE.
He has explained up and down he has a pinched nerve in his back. THEYARE SUPER PAINFUL THINGS TO EXPERIENCE.

anotherday 10 Sep 2016 14:03

And you know this how?

nikox1 10 Sep 2016 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 617066)
And you know this how?

Well Meat explained things, so we can go only by this. But!!!
What is your gut instincts telling you?
I think we all feel theres more, but again we can only go by what Meats telling us, there has been enough drama spread in the media.

AndrewG 10 Sep 2016 23:14

Stupid ~~~~~~~s at the last night of the proms waving their EU flags. Nutters.

duke knooby 11 Sep 2016 13:47

And so it begins (all over again)

chairboys 11 Sep 2016 16:27

Blues v reds is taking on title decider status!!!!

chairboys 11 Sep 2016 16:30

Saw the Piano Man at Wembley stadium last night.
Top notch.

AndrewG 11 Sep 2016 17:41

Meat & Jim have created some amazing music over the last 39 years. Wow. What a pleasure to have witnessed, what an inspiration and what a privilege to have been alive during this time. It's like being alive during the same time as WA Mozart.

duke knooby 12 Sep 2016 00:55

my problems would be solved much quicker if i had managed to con someone else into dealing with them

and i did try very very hard

AndrewG 12 Sep 2016 01:36

Going All The Way Is Just The Start is soooooo phenomenally good. I'll never be able to fully comprehend it I think. Love everything about it that was intentional and everything about it that probably just happened organically in the studio when it was recorded. God damn I love this song!

melon 12 Sep 2016 17:23

Springsteen in Perth in January. Will have to swindle some tickets

Sent from my SM-G925I using Forum Runner

anotherday 12 Sep 2016 17:30

This BUILD AOL thing is AMAZING. MEAT is on FIRE!

AndrewG 12 Sep 2016 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 617410)
This BUILD AOL thing is AMAZING. MEAT is on FIRE!

Shame they didn't take internet questions. ;)

I asked again about the suitcase on the cover. :sherlock:

AndrewG 12 Sep 2016 23:54

Listening to GATW AGAIN....

People rating the album one star?
Hahahahaha! They cannot see the love and the beauty in this masterpiece and the rest of the great stuff on the album!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They have my sympathy, but not for long because I want to listen to this song again and again and again and again till I die....

duke knooby 13 Sep 2016 00:33

i shouldn't need a passport for this flight, which is good as i've no idea where it is

duke knooby 13 Sep 2016 22:04

took a few listens, but i'm really starting to get into the new album...

no idea why i've started playing it from track 3 though

though i'm still missing the bombast to the music

duke knooby 14 Sep 2016 00:42

there's nobody produces steinman songs like steinman

bat 2, masterpiece

stretch37 14 Sep 2016 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 617548)
Listening to GATW AGAIN....

People rating the album one star?
Hahahahaha! They cannot see the love and the beauty in this masterpiece and the rest of the great stuff on the album!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They have my sympathy, but not for long because I want to listen to this song again and again and again and again till I die....

That song and Souvenirs have each made me cry a few times now.

There is no other studio album that makes me cry. Honestly, it's hard to get me to cry when I'm going about day to day life.

So yeah...There's something going on here.

Anyone who gave it a 1 star review entirely missed that.

On this record, Meat's voice is used as a one-of-a-kind instrument to evoke a serious level of emotion. The instrument doesn't follow many of the conventional singing rules or techniques. It's something different. Perhaps it is futuristic - perhaps they're onto something...

duke knooby 14 Sep 2016 00:58

it's bat 3 all over again for me, so much potential, sky high expectations... and it's almost there, almost what i wanted it to be

AndrewG 15 Sep 2016 14:52

Bad experience with Townsend Music. Doubt I'd ever buy anything through them again. Very poor. Wrong vinyl sent & no T shirt within one order? No indication there was no T Shirt. Just random refund on my PayPal account which I had to enquire about to see what the f happened. Then I get told my order is complete yet still waiting on a CD.
Shouldn't have bought anything through them.

I don't recommend them at all.

duke knooby 15 Sep 2016 19:34

Why's my iTunes braver showing as a 2009 release

CarylB 16 Sep 2016 03:36

A signed vinyl on eBay from last week's event .. signed "To AJ" .. wonder why he didn't just ask Meat to write "To eBay buyer" :roll:

anotherday 16 Sep 2016 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 617860)
A signed vinyl on eBay from last week's event .. signed "To AJ" .. wonder why he didn't just ask Meat to write "To eBay buyer" :roll:

Right? Wow. Sad :(

Adje 16 Sep 2016 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 617861)
Right? Wow. Sad :(

Actually he is selling a CD, not the vinyl. So far I've seen 7 signed CD booklets on eBay from the signing session. Much less than I anticipated. Perhaps because many have their name written on the booklet.

From the seven (including AJ's) 4 have been sold within a day for 30,- to 40,- Pounds and two had been up to 5 days before being sold. Unless I missed one, the AJ version was the only one with the person's name. He would have done better if he asked for the signature only. Funny enough, with 40,- Pounds he is one of the expensive ones :lol:

And I don't think it's sad. London is big and not everybody is a Meat Loaf fan. But admission was free so why not order a ticket and get in line?

But outside London are a lot of Meat Loaf fans who would love a signed edition. So the people selling their signed edition saw a celebrity, are making an extra buck and help fans who would not have been able to get an autographed edition (and personally I think 30-40 pounds is not even an unfair price).

I wanted a signed edition so I ordered the Amazon vinyl. I don't even have a record player :twisted: If that hadn't been an option I would have been happy with an eBay booklet from that signing for this price ;)

Evil One 16 Sep 2016 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 617860)

Would this be the same AJ that used to post here, claimed to be a cancer sufferer, pulled some kind of scam and now posts all over Meat's Facebook as if nothing ever happened? :roll:

AndrewG 16 Sep 2016 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 617972)
Would this be the same AJ that used to post here, claimed to be a cancer sufferer, pulled some kind of scam and now posts all over Meat's Facebook as if nothing ever happened? :roll:

I blocked him years ago on FB. Didn't know he was still trolling away. Yeah there are a few of those around.... :roll:

CarylB 16 Sep 2016 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 617972)

I think he is in N America, so not sure he'd have come to the signing. As to the posting as if nothing had happened .. I suppose it could be someone else of same name .. otherwise, yep :roll:

(The one posting about and on Meat's page was from Minnesota, now Fla, and looks extremely healthy)

tonyloaf 17 Sep 2016 00:31

so on Nightwish new album , the last song is 24 mins long!! Jim needs to also work with them :)

duke knooby 18 Sep 2016 02:15

sarkozy has had an epiphany, facts vs an agenda

and he has sided with the evidence

that's got to be politically damaging

facts and evidence don't win anything these days, spin and marketing are king

i have no idea who the quote is from, but it's a great thought/quote

we should teach the children how to think, not what to think

duke knooby 18 Sep 2016 22:24

in the late 90's meat loaf 20/20 interview, there's a brief clip of meat and jimmy doing objects, which i assume is the performance on the live around the world album. Was the whole show filmed? are there any more clips available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olJmYrd_IFA

duke knooby 19 Sep 2016 00:54

well it's not far off a decade ago to the month, that i went from delight at hearing the first song, the monsters loose, and to declaring bat 3 not a proper bat album.

people change, time moves on, you get to appreciate what you've been given in time

i grew to love bat 3 as a meat loaf album

and i'm glad we've got braver

melon 19 Sep 2016 04:22

Forum Runner gripe:

I can't seem to start a new thread or just post a reply in a thread anymore. I have to actually quote someone and then delete the quote just to be able to post.

I couldn't reply to or send new PMs either until I reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix my posting issue...

Anyone else with a similar problem?

anotherday 19 Sep 2016 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 618155)
Forum Runner gripe:

I can't seem to start a new thread or just post a reply in a thread anymore. I have to actually quote someone and then delete the quote just to be able to post.

I couldn't reply to or send new PMs either until I reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix my posting issue...

Anyone else with a similar problem?

yes.
It just force quits on me whenever I try to post.

melon 19 Sep 2016 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 618157)

yes.
It just force quits on me whenever I try to post.

What phone do you have? I think it's an android issue

duke knooby 19 Sep 2016 13:19

it's official, the worst person at organising any travel plans is me!

boarding pass printed, and thats it... dunno how i'm getting to the destination from the airport, and dunno how i'm getting home again

duke knooby 20 Sep 2016 00:19

that intro to loving you's a real grower, stuck in my head anyway

is it a variation on faster the speed of night?

duke knooby 20 Sep 2016 13:05

Hello Manchester, nice to be here

samurai7 20 Sep 2016 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 617824)
Why's my iTunes braver showing as a 2009 release

This was the issue when Apple Music leaked it. Looks like they haven't remedied it

duke knooby 21 Sep 2016 00:08

i'm wrecked, that was quite an adventure today.

top tip... don't buy a car without first viewing it.

Guy 21 Sep 2016 13:26

Yeah. Angelina......call me. 😀

Monstro 21 Sep 2016 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 618285)

http://media.mlxxfc.net/giphy.gif

Sebastian. 21 Sep 2016 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 618285)

Sorry mate, she's with me... need to pass on a message?

Guy 22 Sep 2016 13:33

Yeah. Mary Berry.....call me.

Guy 22 Sep 2016 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 618290)
[img]http://medi
a.mlxxfc.net/giphy.gif[/img]

Should of guessed.