mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

duke knooby 23 Oct 2019 01:04

Enoch was right, and Boris has sold out

Sebastian. 25 Oct 2019 02:35

Officially a licensed pilot.

duke knooby 28 Nov 2019 00:46

for Adje, or whomever is updating the tours thread..

looks like Meat did two Belfast shows at Avoneil in Feb 85,

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...fast-275759628

Friday 15/02/85 needs added to the list.

duke knooby 08 Dec 2019 23:50

Tuesday 19th February 1985, St Francis Xaviers Hall, Dublin Ireland

http://www.45worlds.com/live/listing...-hall-sfx-1985

and Friday 22nd February 1985, Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland

http://fincharie.co.uk/meatloaf-orig...sgow-1985.html

also need added to the tours list

Adje 09 Dec 2019 01:21

Thanks duke ;-)

duke knooby 09 Dec 2019 22:49

and since I'm on a 1985 roll, are the Australian dates listed?

May 22, Sydney
May 24, Tasmania
May 26, Melbourne
May 28, Adelaide
June 7, Brisbane

https://memoriesunlimited.com.au/pro...-12-meat-loaf/

Adje 09 Dec 2019 23:45

Haha, too cool. Thanks again!

AndrewG 10 Dec 2019 13:49

Rest in reace Marie Fredriksson.

duke knooby 15 Dec 2019 01:22

I hope Cult of Byron has found the picture for retrofatty2020

and the bells were ringing out for Christmas day

Fairytale is still my favourite christmas song ever :)

duke knooby 29 Dec 2019 21:44

the acronyms post made me smile on so many levels :twisted:

Monstro 30 Dec 2019 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623720)
the acronyms post made me smile on so many levels :twisted:

lol, I know

Blackkat13 09 Jan 2020 23:22

Stressed

Honestly, I might get hit with a cease and desist letter from Dwight Yoakam. I've been on edge ever since December, when he started sending out the letters to all his fan pages, and groups on facebook forcing all to shut down. I've never heard of an artist shutting down pages left and right like this. The biggest group that was shut down had 14,000 fans in it. From the posts I've seen of these they pretty much say he does not want anything with his name, image, or any of his music or youtube videos being posted without his permission. The letters even go as far as to tell everyone they will be fined $150,000. If you ask on his facebook, or twitter about this subject you get blocked and banned. I wish this was a joke, and a crazed fan doing this but all the letters are from a real firm/lawyer in la. How crazy is that?

Monstro 10 Jan 2020 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackkat13 (Post 623759)
Honestly, I might get hit with a cease and desist letter from Dwight Yoakam. I've been on edge ever since December, when he started sending out the letters to all his fan pages, and groups on facebook forcing all to shut down. I've never heard of an artist shutting down pages left and right like this. The biggest group that was shut down had 14,000 fans in it. From the posts I've seen of these they pretty much say he does not want anything with his name, image, or any of his music or youtube videos being posted without his permission. The letters even go as far as to tell everyone they will be fined $150,000. If you ask on his facebook, or twitter about this subject you get blocked and banned. I wish this was a joke, and a crazed fan doing this but all the letters are from a real firm/lawyer in la. How crazy is that?

Who's Dwight Yoakam?

duke knooby 27 Jan 2020 00:44

is mr chairboys ok? he hasn't visited in a lonnnggg time

duke knooby 27 Jan 2020 00:57

i'm struggling to overcome my mental block on getting a tractor... too rational

and don't worry Adje, it's gonna take me a while, possibly a long while, but i will get round to it

duke knooby 28 Jan 2020 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623785)
i'm struggling to overcome my mental block on getting a tractor... too rational

and having spoken to the guy this evening, and learned it also has a slipping clutch, and sticking brakes, along with the rotten tin work which I already knew about... my mental block is justified

so the fact i'm actually gonna go and take a look it, suggests i might be insane.

it's in awful condition, i don't need a tractor, i've never had a tractor, i've nowhere to store a tractor, i've no use for a tractor... but I've said for maybe 20 years, if I ever found THAT tractor, I'd get it (for I never expected to see it again)

It's a very rare tractor, due to its spec...
not valuable, not even desirable
but i want it lol

duke knooby 30 Jan 2020 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623791)
and having spoken to the guy this evening, and learned it also has a slipping clutch, and sticking brakes, along with the rotten tin work which I already knew about... my mental block is justified

and after tonights conversation, flat battery as well, has been parked in a shed for almost a year

he's not over selling it lol

so i've committed to a 3 hour round trip on saturday to view a wreck of a tractor, just cause i think my uncle originally owned it, and i used to play in it.

duke knooby 01 Feb 2020 01:34

a defining day

duke knooby 02 Feb 2020 00:36

I haven't seen that tractor since maybe the early 90's, and it really was a joy to see it again, but the years haven't been kind.

It needs a hell of a lot of work

A Hell of a lot of work!!!!

but it has made my year seeing it again lol

RSG 02 Feb 2020 07:33

Holy frig, this thread. I been gone too long. Before facebook, the first What's on your mind?:twisted:

Monstro 02 Feb 2020 15:49

But are you gonna buy it Duke?

duke knooby 02 Feb 2020 22:46

I'm working on it...

A replacement cab is proving hard to source, doors are available, but very expensive. Mudguards are still available, sides, nose and bonnet no longer available, but turn up on ebay every so often.

And of course, he's looking more money for it than I'm told its worth... but I don't think we're too far away

But the cost of all the bits it would need to do it right is quite eye watering.

On the bright side, not only is it rare, and mostly complete, it was one of the last ones built before the factory closed. I cross referenced its serial number with the last known one built, and this tractor was only 254 before the last ever one from Bathgate.

duke knooby 06 Feb 2020 01:31

new plan, forget trying to source parts...

try and get storage sorted, and get a price for transportation.. then I can work on getting a deal done... everything else can be gathered up over time, as and when required (hopefully).

duke knooby 14 Feb 2020 00:51

my dislike of apple and itunes has magnified in the last two hours...

that's a lot of good music has disappeared on me

duke knooby 26 Feb 2020 01:05

Well that's annoying, I was fairly confident that stumpjumper was metal loaf on a 2nd account back in the day.

And I don't like being wrong.

Guy 29 Feb 2020 09:17

I'm Stumpjumper.
(In a batman voice)

melon 29 Feb 2020 09:53

*lurk*

Monstro 29 Feb 2020 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 623882)
*lurk*

Hide your whiskey folks

melon 29 Feb 2020 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 623883)
Hide your whiskey folks

You can hide it at my place

tonyloaf 29 Feb 2020 12:54

Mel you still got that huge refill beer bottle ??

melon 29 Feb 2020 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 623888)
Mel you still got that huge refill beer bottle ??

I do 😁

Sebastian. 29 Feb 2020 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 623881)
I'm Stumpjumper.
(In a batman voice)

No I’m Spartacus.

Monstro 01 Mar 2020 00:42

Quote:

I'm Stumpjumper.
(In a batman voice)

He's not Stumpjumper, he's a very naughty boy!!

AndrewG 01 Mar 2020 02:43

I had to look up what a Stumpjumper is. A mountain bike brand? I don't get it. :?

AndrewG 01 Mar 2020 13:02

When I left Netflix I was thinking "wow that was easy, they didn't even convince me to stay for a reduced rate or ask me back".

A year later I get an email almost every day begging me back.

ajf33 01 Mar 2020 17:27

Quote:

I'm Stumpjumper.
(In a batman voice)

Actually I heard back from Stumpjumper, (via a verified profile) and she is who she said she was!

AndrewG 01 Mar 2020 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 623900)
Actually I heard back from Stumpjumper, (via a verified profile) and she is who she said she was!

Thanks for being the only one actually trying to figure that out. ;)

The most interesting thing about that saga for me is that Patti had/has an interest in mountain biking I guess.

amethyst 01 Mar 2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 623902)

The most interesting thing about that saga for me is that Patti had/has an interest in mountain biking I guess.

The sad thing is whoever spoke to her from here is fueling the fire. Just my 2 pence worth.:roll:

ajf33 01 Mar 2020 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethyst (Post 623904)
The sad thing is whoever spoke to her from here is fueling the fire. Just my 2 pence worth.:roll:

I didn't actually speak to her, just asked her confirmed twitter a/c if she was posting here, to which she got back to me saying yes. thats it convo wise!

ajf33 01 Mar 2020 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 623902)

I know there are people here, who know Meat and members of the NLE, so probably knew quickly she was who she said she was, but to me a fan only with no access to the inner circle, I had doubts, which I publicly appologise for having learned I was wrong to do so.

As for the Saga, not saying anything about it, and Tbh am glad the original thread got closed.

And lastly never knew thats what her username actually meant!

AndrewG 02 Mar 2020 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 623906)
I know there are people here, who know Meat and members of the NLE, so probably knew quickly she was who she said she was, but to me a fan only with no access to the inner circle, I had doubts, which I publicly appologise for having learned I was wrong to do so.

As for the Saga, not saying anything about it, and Tbh am glad the original thread got closed.

And lastly never knew thats what her username actually meant!

I think it is right that it closed since it would never have resolved anything.

There were two ways that thread could have gone when she opened it up for questions. 1) Delve deeper in the rabbit hole of what happened in the past 2) Just ask Patti generic questions.

Unfortunately everyone took it as 1... (which I'm not sure she meant as she wasn't actually coming up with specifics indeed.)

I would have preferred asking her a) Does she like mountain bike riding, b) does she still fit in the 2006 Tom Rivers festival show outfit, but she isn't communicating with me anymore since 2014 when she thought I was someone I wasn't online.

It was case in point of her not listening to her own advice: what is written online and how it is perceived is often not how it is meant at all.

Sad that the bitterness between Patti and Meat will be their last chapter by the looks of things.

AndrewG 02 Mar 2020 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethyst (Post 623904)

Pursuing the he said / she said / he did / she did adventure route is never going to resolve anything.
I wish everyone including Patti and Meat and people who think they are trying to help here well.

We all should move on from being bitter on the internet I think. I hope everyone can do that regardless of what may or may not have happened. If the wounds are too great, that is a shame but there is even less point talking about it online I think. That is never going be some type of effective therapist replacement at all I would have thought.

ajf33 02 Mar 2020 09:29

I think to be fair, people were always going to ask what she was going on about now, rather than generic questions because of the thread she posted in.

If she'd posted in a new thread or one of the existing (albeit basically unused these days) and said ask me anything, people may have focused more on generic questions about her time with the nle, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 623911)
I think it is right that it closed since it would never have resolved anything.

There were two ways that thread could have gone when she opened it up for questions. 1) Delve deeper in the rabbit hole of what happened in the past 2) Just ask Patti generic questions.

Unfortunately everyone took it as 1... (which I'm not sure she meant as she wasn't actually coming up with specifics indeed.)

I would have preferred asking her a) Does she like mountain bike riding, b) does she still fit in the 2006 Tom Rivers festival show outfit, but she isn't communicating with me anymore since 2014 when she thought I was someone I wasn't online.

It was case in point of her not listening to her own advice: what is written online and how it is perceived is often not how it is meant at all.

Sad that the bitterness between Patti and Meat will be their last chapter by the looks of things.

melon 08 Mar 2020 17:18

Car stuff

duke knooby 09 Mar 2020 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 623940)
Car stuff

my favourite topic

duke knooby 11 Mar 2020 18:37

Which one of you guys bought the new bat out of hell 2 double lp picture disc of eBay?

duke knooby 24 Mar 2020 17:16

Think of others, and stay safe folks...

Good luck to all through these difficult times.

Monstro 24 Mar 2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623957)
Think of others, and stay safe folks...

Good luck to all through these difficult times.

Did you wash your hands before you came here?

duke knooby 25 Mar 2020 22:31

oh yes, well scrubbed.

good news for me, off-licences have been added to the essential retailers list.. for my rations are getting very low.

duke knooby 26 Mar 2020 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623960)
oh yes, well scrubbed.

good news for me, off-licences have been added to the essential retailers list.. for my rations are getting very low.

Bad news for me, NI executive hasn’t applied it over here.

Guy 26 Mar 2020 17:05

Wonder if the US has enough toilet roll?

Sebastian. 26 Mar 2020 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 623963)
Wonder if the US has enough toilet roll?

Plenty here!

duke knooby 27 Mar 2020 00:47

New old stock tractor bonnet in North Yorkshire... collection only, won't post.

How am I gonna get that.. especially in a lockdown??

Guy 30 Mar 2020 09:35

RiP Alan. 🤘

duke knooby 31 Mar 2020 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623965)
New old stock tractor bonnet in North Yorkshire... collection only, won't post.

How am I gonna get that.. especially in a lockdown??

By asking nicely..

If I win the auction, he'll get it couriered to me (for a fee, can't say fairer than that)

However my last auction purchase arrived today, and it didn't go so well...

not compatible with what's already fitted.

ya live and learn, and I've learnt that bmw ibus won't communicate with the earlier mbus

duke knooby 31 Mar 2020 01:18

the what do we look like thread was a joy to revisit

duke knooby 31 Mar 2020 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623970)
By asking nicely..

If I win the auction, he'll get it couriered to me (for a fee, can't say fairer than that)

I’ve just seen the fee... no bonnet for me :(

Guy 31 Mar 2020 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623973)
I’ve just seen the fee... no bonnet for me :(

Patience Skywalker.
Another one will turn up.
Eventually..........🤞

duke knooby 31 Mar 2020 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 623974)
Patience Skywalker.
Another one will turn up.
Eventually..........🤞

You're spot on as usual, patience is one of my virtues... I never pay over the odds, quite prepared to wait years if needs be.

But this is hens teeth rare... brand new, never fitted, long out of production tractor bonnet.

But I'm not paying 80 quid delivery, especially when I still haven't got a tractor to fit it to.

So I bought a new tool instead, to finally fit a part I got two years ago for a different project :)

duke knooby 02 Apr 2020 00:43

We're down to 60 quid delivery, I still don't think it's heading my direction but ya never know.

Yes I know a lot of people have real, genuine problems and concerns, but I consider this light relief

Guy 02 Apr 2020 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623976)
We're down to 60 quid delivery, I still don't think it's heading my direction but ya never know.

Yes I know a lot of people have real, genuine problems and concerns, but I consider this light relief

Delivery from where to where Duke?

duke knooby 02 Apr 2020 15:41

Delivery from Kirkbymoorside in Yorkshire to beautiful Belfast. Apparently it is due to the size that it’s so expensive.

I remember having to order a track control arm from bmw Atlanta, for there were none left in Europe, and it was less expensive to have delivered and had a lot further to travel.

But such is life...

Meanwhile you found the right thread for posting Live concert dates in lol

duke knooby 02 Apr 2020 18:16

I’ve just got the “I need you to access your work email” phone call, which considering I’m on holidays, suggests to me no tractor bonnet for a different reason.

duke knooby 02 Apr 2020 23:50

Isn't that just typical... the bonnet and seats (and some other bits) I've been after for the e36 are in Warwick... collection only, no delivery.

If it wasn't for the lock down, I'd be better hiring a van and going on a round England roadtrip to gather up all these bits I've been after.

duke knooby 03 Apr 2020 00:03

<<<<<<<< The actual one, told yas it needed work

duke knooby 04 Apr 2020 23:30

Due to a change in circumstances, I did a cautious half hearted attempt at winning the auction... and still nearly won it.

But luckily for me, someone else wanted it more.

Guy 05 Apr 2020 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 623986)
Due to a change in circumstances, I did a cautious half hearted attempt at winning the auction... and still nearly won it.

But luckily for me, someone else wanted it more.

Bet it was a woman. Want, want, want. 😬

Guy 11 Apr 2020 10:15

Feel like a DIY wreck.
Too many jobs done yesterday.
Saturday in the sun. 😎

tonyloaf 11 Apr 2020 18:54

what to do next

duke knooby 12 Apr 2020 00:11

I know where all the parts I bought two years ago go, apart from 4 washers.

I'm fairly certain they're no.19 on the parts diagram... but no.19 isn't available anymore, and has no description now.

no.20, is listed as a bolt with washer, and I've 4 bolts with washers

Am I supposed to use two flat washers per bolt? I wouldn't think so...

But I've never fitted one of these before

More research required

Guy 12 Apr 2020 09:25

No spring washers to go with those flat washers Duke?

Guy 12 Apr 2020 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 624002)
what to do next

Jigsaw creator?

duke knooby 12 Apr 2020 14:11

No Guy, it only lists flat washers... all the online guides say to use a single bolt with washer, so that’s what I’ll do.

All the guides bar one say to drill out the crossmember, one says just to hammer the inserts in

Decisions decisions

duke knooby 12 Apr 2020 21:58

Third highest post count :shock:

6k more than Fred

duke knooby 16 Apr 2020 00:25

I hope the weather holds for a few more weeks, I've far too much still to get done

Guy 16 Apr 2020 21:46

Day.....something of lockdown.
I found a pack of haribo down the back of the settee

Sebastian. 17 Apr 2020 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 624009)
Day.....something of lockdown.
I found a pack of haribo down the back of the settee

That doesn’t sound like it’ll hold up in court.

duke knooby 17 Apr 2020 23:19

car insurance renewal arrived today

not my favourite time of the year

Guy 18 Apr 2020 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 624011)
car insurance renewal arrived today

not my favourite time of the year

My favourite time of the year could quite possibly be the pubs re-opening Duke.

duke knooby 19 Apr 2020 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 624006)
All the guides bar one say to drill out the crossmember, one says just to hammer the inserts in

A very detailed American site is listing the factory pressed holes as 390 thou, and the inserts as 431 thou...

Assuming Germans weren't working in thousandths of inches back then, 9.9mm hole, which I'm gonna assume was a 10mm hole when it left the factory over 20 years ago, before getting filled with surface corrosion or similar crud. And a 10.95mm insert...

11mm insert isn't gonna fit nicely in a 10mm hole

gonna have to drill it

duke knooby 19 Apr 2020 23:43

eBay is dangerous for buying stuff I don't need...

4 bids placed, 3 auctions won... including one I already have.

duke knooby 20 Apr 2020 01:53

I'd love a guinness now

duke knooby 21 Apr 2020 01:44

I really should stop reading the old threads, April 2012 was fascinating, loads of great posts on how to fix this place... Loved Michaels particularly

And May 07... good times

lots and lots of good times

but it's important to learn from the past, so don't reopen old threads!

duke knooby 21 Apr 2020 23:00

The darkness were prophets when they named their last album!

duke knooby 26 Apr 2020 01:04

Adje, thank you so much for your recent output of video's... great to see a few I'd never seen before. Now I understand a lot of why Meat is so proud of hang cool.. ties beautifully with his philosophy of it's about the work.

But the Sheffield lemon performance really got my attention... not just cause it's as close as I'll probably ever see to my first Meat concert... but cause it's using what I thought was the WTTN stage set up.

The big question being, was the whole show recorded?

duke knooby 26 Apr 2020 01:06

We all heard about quantitative easing during the "credit crunch"

Are we going to start hearing about qualitative easing for the eurozone??

duke knooby 26 Apr 2020 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 624013)
A very detailed American site is listing the factory pressed holes as 390 thou, and the inserts as 431 thou...

Assuming Germans weren't working in thousandths of inches back then, 9.9mm hole, which I'm gonna assume was a 10mm hole when it left the factory over 20 years ago, before getting filled with surface corrosion or similar crud. And a 10.95mm insert...

11mm insert isn't gonna fit nicely in a 10mm hole

gonna have to drill it

Finally got the car up on axle stands, got the drill out... and found a fractionally undersized 27/64" drill bit.

But still not enough clearance to drill it in situ

Adje 26 Apr 2020 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 624020)
Adje, thank you so much for your recent output of video's... great to see a few I'd never seen before. Now I understand a lot of why Meat is so proud of hang cool.. ties beautifully with his philosophy of it's about the work.

But the Sheffield lemon performance really got my attention... not just cause it's as close as I'll probably ever see to my first Meat concert... but cause it's using what I thought was the WTTN stage set up.

The big question being, was the whole show recorded?

Glad someone enjoys the clips ;-)

As for the Sheffield concert. No not the whole concert was filmed. You can even notice cuts during songs ;-)

As for professional recordings. Just the venue recordings for the screens in the venue. But I doubt we will ever see those :(

duke knooby 27 Apr 2020 00:27

the dangers of catching up on content after a few drinks, is the sources of the content might get mixed together lol

especially worse when my mind is full of random thoughts

duke knooby 01 May 2020 14:53

Great to see this forums very own fire wizard on today’s episode of Doctors.

duke knooby 02 May 2020 01:29

Live bat 3 stuff on this qbe, I wasn't expecting that

but it's been many many years since it was played with...

I was gonna have a play with the chromecast audio, but I can't remember how it works..

and I assume it needs charged... lol

I doubt the qbe has seen a power source in over a decade... I never did like mp3's

brad on the phone... this must be RAH

duke knooby 03 May 2020 01:37

Saturday was completely lost due to my hangover.

I don't know what was more wasted, me or the day

Guy 03 May 2020 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 624038)
Great to see this forums very own fire wizard on today’s episode of Doctors.

I'm wondering if he would come over and paint my house?

duke knooby 04 May 2020 00:28

you could always ask him

but if the next few weeks goes tits up, I might have to volunteer myself instead

duke knooby 05 May 2020 01:17

I shouldn't have watched the fraggle rock intro..

that's a catchy tune!

duke knooby 06 May 2020 00:29

I've most of Adje's recent content still on VHS, recorded at the time... which reminded me, where the hell have I stashed my good video recorder???

As a hoarder of old tech, it'll be here somewhere, but I don't even remember seeing it since redecorating a few years back..

Worst case scenario, I've a couple of others to test stuff on :)

duke knooby 06 May 2020 01:09

I must say, after reading the 10 pages of posts about Tyce's album, I actually can keep my opinion to myself on important topics...

And I still haven't heard it.

tonyloaf 09 May 2020 23:53

Still on for Nightwish at Wembley in Dec .... I hope !!!

duke knooby 12 May 2020 00:49

after watching some of the Berlin 96 show...

That was my favourite period of the band line up... bat 2 and wttn period

superb performances

Sebastian. 12 May 2020 21:32

I am now rated to fly in clouds. That was a tough checkride.