mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post your thoughts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4661)

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 11:50

:( Somebody put me out of my misery....... I got toothache........ really bad toothache........ the dentist did this to me on Monday, now her receptionist says the earliest she can see me is 10th July :shock:........I DON'T THINK SO!........ I'm off in a minute to camp out in her reception 'till I'm seen. :evil:

RadioMaster 28 Jun 2007 11:55

food food food food food food food food food

LucyK! 28 Jun 2007 11:58

I've been stunned this past couple of month at just how pants the NHS are. To get an appointment at my doctor's surgery you have to call at 8.30am, and can never get through, I needed to go just before tour and I had to be stood at the surgery doors at 8.29 to make sure I could speak to someone.

Needed to go back a couple of weeks ago as I needed some anibiotics and waiting was just not an option ( I shall spare you the details :p ) and she offered me an appointment for almost a week and a half later, it's terrible...

Hope your tooth feels better, I've got two wisdom teeth coming through at the minute so I truly sympathise! :p

AndyK 28 Jun 2007 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 352136)
I've got two wisdom teeth coming through at the minute so I truly sympathise! :p

So, if any of you experience a crabby bad tempered Lucy at Bristol there's the reason ... it's because she's teething :lmao:

LucyK! 28 Jun 2007 12:04

I've not been bad tempered at all, not my fault I have so much wisdom it's spread to my mouth and showing as teeth! :p

AndyK 28 Jun 2007 12:08

:silence:

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 14:01

Laughing is not an option for me today Andy...... STOP IT!! :lmao:

Two hours I sat there - still, much better than 10th July. Funny thing is though, I've got a follow up appointment for 2nd July - where did they magic that time up from????

I'm now on penicillin, so I dare say I'll get thrush..... and then my piles will probably come out in sympathy too!

Cpl Mickey 28 Jun 2007 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 352139)
I've not been bad tempered at all, not my fault I have so much wisdom it's spread to my mouth and showing as teeth! :p

Love it Lucy ;)

Cpl Mickey 28 Jun 2007 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageing Bat (Post 352152)
Laughing is not an option for me today Andy...... STOP IT!! :lmao:

Two hours I sat there - still, much better than 10th July. Funny thing is though, I've got a follow up appointment for 2nd July - where did they magic that time up from????

I'm now on penicillin, so I dare say I'll get thrush..... and then my piles will probably come out in sympathy too!

Well done Sarah for persisting. :lol:

mszee 28 Jun 2007 14:15

Please don't complain...you don't have American healthcare "insurance company" malarkey...

To get an emergency cat scan...or even go to emergency room...with broken neck...you need pre-authorization from the insurance company...in other words...there sits somebody at the insurance company in a bad mood and tells everybody NO all day long...that's their job...

I know somebody who injured his back and needed MRI...and it took insurance company only 3 weeks to pre-approve him...never mind how long it took after to make actual appointment for MRI...BUT...MRI people wouldn't have even talked to him if he didn't get pre-approval...sometimes you can't pay here even if you would want to or could...

We all envy you with passion...

JanT 28 Jun 2007 14:29

Niggling headache. Won't go away.

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanT (Post 352164)
Niggling headache. Won't go away.

I'll swap you for raging toothache and abscess....... please :pray:

mszee 28 Jun 2007 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageing Bat (Post 352166)
I'll swap you for raging toothache and abscess....... please :pray:

I hope you feel better soon!!! I just had this recently and it was BAD...thought I will lose a few teeth...but with antibiotic and stuff turned out ok at the end of the day...

Good luck!

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 14:38

Aaaw, thanks Zina - the rest of me feels fine, it's just my mouth - I look a bit like a lop-sided hamster!

AndyK 28 Jun 2007 14:44

Piles? Thrush? Toothache? Headaches? Health Insurance?

You lot think you've got it bad?

Think again ...

I've an other half who is a whole person who can drink younger than me and who is wildly excited about the reformation of the Spice Girls!! :))

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 14:47

Best you and her trot along and see the trick cyclist then! :lmao:

LucyK! 28 Jun 2007 14:47

I wouldn't say wildly excited but yeah the rest of it's true! :up:

mszee 28 Jun 2007 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageing Bat (Post 352172)
Aaaw, thanks Zina - the rest of me feels fine, it's just my mouth - I look a bit like a lop-sided hamster!

I know EXACTLY how you feel...mine was so bad...like I said...they thought I would lose some teeth...I don't react to infections like other people...I start feeling them when they are already BAD...so that didn't help...and yet...I still have that one tooth remaining for tea drinking intact!!!! :lmao:

mszee 28 Jun 2007 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 352173)
Piles? Thrush? Toothache? Headaches? Health Insurance?

You lot think you've got it bad?

Think again ...

I've an other half who is a whole person who can drink younger than me and who is wildly excited about the reformation of the Spice Girls!! :))

Toothache and insurance just won...

I'd rather listen to Spice Girls than have a toothache...or...maybe I get toothache if I listen???? Have to think of that...

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 15:11

I think I have it sussed why Lucy likes the Spice Girls....... it's all about re-capturing youth:

Us grown-ups re-capture our youth by being mlukfc members and going to Meat Loaf concerts...... Lucy's generation re-capture their youth by liking the Spice Girls. I'm soooo glad I'm a grown-up! :lmao:

LucyK! 28 Jun 2007 15:13

I didn't think I was of an age where I would need or want to -recapture my youth! :lol:

Though in saying that, I've been a Meat Loaf fan since I was 7, so on that basis tomorrow night will be the 13th time I've "re-captured my youth" in 6 weeks! :lol: :yay:

Ageing Bat 28 Jun 2007 15:19

Consider it caught then!

mszee 28 Jun 2007 15:22

Why is Scary Spice scary???

Is it because she isn't precisely white??? :shock:

AndyK 28 Jun 2007 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 352182)
Why is Scary Spice scary???

Is it because she isn't precisely white??? :shock:

No it's because she's from Leeds! :yikes:

LucyK! 28 Jun 2007 15:24

:lmao: I think it was more a personality thing, lots of jumping and screaming...but people from Leeds do frighten me! :p