mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What was the last concert/show you saw? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11432)

JennaG 10 Mar 2014 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 601955)
Imelda May with Jenna and Ash last night :)

I felt so ill but it was such a great show

:(

I hope you feel better soon.

R. 20 Mar 2014 20:42

http://media.mlxxfc.net/ff2014.png

LucyK! 20 Mar 2014 20:48

I so thought that was going to be a Rocktellz & Cocktails backdrop!

madagascar 20 Mar 2014 22:49

Looks like KöPi-Arena in Oberhausen !?

duke knooby 21 Mar 2014 00:28

derren brown

hes amazing!!!

Vickip 21 Mar 2014 02:07

Trisha Yearwood in Lancaster, PA last week ... I was hoping for a guest appearance by her husband Garth, but she said he was home doing laundry :lol: Tomorrow night I see Huey Lewis & The News in Bethlehem, PA :D They always put on a great show :up:

R. 21 Mar 2014 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by madagascar (Post 602452)
Looks like KöPi-Arena in Oberhausen !?

Yes. :metal:

MeatGrl1 04 Apr 2014 00:14

A Life In Song: Don Black Story from Hackney To Hollywood with Gary Wilmot and Martine McCutcheon - It was brilliant, highly reccomend it =) x

Julie in the rv mirror 10 Apr 2014 03:54

The house-rockin', pants-droppin', earth-quakin', booty-shakin' (you know the rest :-)) E STREET BAND!!!!!

I learned three things:

1. Heaven's Wall sounds awesome live :cool:

2. Tom Morello is an absolute beast on the guitar http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/forum/imag.../notworthy.gif

3. If you plan to stage dive (especially if you're not the star of the show), you'd better first make sure people are going to catch you! :shock: :doh:

http://youtu.be/Ec6UyQCQcKg

(Despite that, it was the best version of Growin' Up I've ever seen! :D )

LucyK! 10 Apr 2014 10:08

The one, the only, Loaf.

Monstro 10 Apr 2014 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 603239)
The one, the only, Loaf.

Did wonder how long it would take you to figure out that crossword clue, did Andy help you? ;)

LucyK! 10 Apr 2014 11:18

...wha...it was Loaf?!!!

JennaG 10 Apr 2014 20:15

Miranda Hart at The Brighton Centre.

Cherry.Loaf 11 Apr 2014 10:05

Wicked at the Saint David Centre in Cardiff :D

tonyloaf 11 Apr 2014 17:20

Patti Russo

Cherry.Loaf 11 Apr 2014 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 603307)
Patti Russo

Cannot wait for my turn on the 19th!

LucyK! 11 Apr 2014 22:04

Will see you there Mrs!

tonyloaf 11 Apr 2014 23:04

Enjoy!

tonyloaf 14 Apr 2014 00:05

Within Temptation - wembley , great show from one of the best bands around .... Yes adje they are Dutch

Adje 14 Apr 2014 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 603365)
the best bands around .... Yes adje they are Dutch

I'm not saying anything...


:twisted:

chairboys 14 Apr 2014 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 603368)
I'm not saying anything...


:twisted:

how can we like anything Dutch after that Ronald Koeman incident way back!

Adje 14 Apr 2014 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 603374)
how can we like anything Dutch after that Ronald Koeman incident way back!

If something that happened 20years ago still bothers you now... then it says everything about the performance of the English squad since :-P :twisted:

Julie in the rv mirror 24 Apr 2014 08:02

I'm exhausted, my body aches, and I've lost my voice. :|


I must have seen Bruce last night! :D

LucyK! 24 Apr 2014 08:28

Good set list?!

GDW 24 Apr 2014 13:36

Now doesn't he put on a good show!!!!

Julie in the rv mirror 24 Apr 2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 603769)
Good set list?!

Yep! :D

1. CLAMPDOWN (Clash Cover)
2. Badlands
3. Johnny 99
4. STAND ON IT
5. Seven Nights To Rock
6. High Hopes
7. Just Like Fire Would
8. Hungry Heart
9. I WANNA BE WITH YOU (Request)
10. Back In Your Arms
11. Wrecking Ball
12. The Promised Land
13. Youngstown
14. Lonesome Day
15. Mary's Place
16. The Ghost of Tom Joad
17. Radio Nowhere
18. The Rising
19. Land of Hope and Dreams
******
20. The Promise (Solo piano)
21. The Wall
22. Born in the USA
23. Light of Day w/ J.Grushecky
24. Frankie Fell in Love
25. Born To Run
26. Dancing in the Dark
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
28. Shout
******
29. Dream Baby Dream

Fun, rocking show, with a few stunners thrown in for good measure- "Back in Your Arms" (sigh!), and I finally got "The Promise". :heart:

An absolute highlight is the pairing of "The Wall" with "Born in the U.S.A."- brilliant! http://youtu.be/8U6Dvv2u1Ac :cool:

Although, my best "Holy Shit" moment this tour so far happened last week in Nashville:

YouTube Video

JarethD 24 Apr 2014 18:07

Was going to see Within Temptation....but decided to go see Arthur Brown instead, brilliant night that man can still hit quite a lot of the notes he could in the 60's which surprised me.

MarkS 28 Apr 2014 19:50

Tom Jones.... Awesome

Sent from my Moto X using Forum Runner

Cherry.Loaf 28 Apr 2014 19:55

Patti Russo on the 19th! I'm still dazed

JennaG 28 Apr 2014 20:09

Grumpy Old Women on 25th April

It was an amazingly funny show, definitely money well spent.

Cherry.Loaf 26 May 2014 12:17

Courtney Love- Mon May 19th
Katy Perry-Tuesday May 20th

melon 26 May 2014 12:19

I saw Jeff Dunham a couple of weeks ago, he was great. I hurt so much from laughing....

nozza 27 May 2014 09:55

tonights the night rod stewert musical nice fun show

Julie in the rv mirror 27 May 2014 22:10

I saw Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers in Pittsburgh; some guy named Bruce opened for them. They must have really liked him, because they kept him on stage for most of the show, and even played some of his songs. One of them was called "Hearts of Stone" or something- a guy named Ed (I think) played the saxophone: http://youtu.be/ehMjgM5Z2oA

They let the Bruce guy close the show, too- I really liked the song, I think it was called "Incident on 57th Street": http://youtu.be/3ZFBn1Vx9iQ

The show was great, and they did it all over again the next night, with different songs. :cool:


I'm going to see Barry Gibb tonight! :-)


Quote:

Originally Posted by melon
I saw Jeff Dunham a couple of weeks ago, he was great. I hurt so much from laughing....

Jeff is great! I have an Achmed bobble-head at home. :lol:

wolfy35 01 Jun 2014 09:33

Afraid it was some time ago..

Five Finger Death Punch LG arena Birmingham Dec 5 2013 and was floored when Priest's Rob Halford joined them on stage for Lift me up.

I am making up for a lack of live music so far this year however.
Download, Hellfest, Sonisphere, Pearl Jam, Electric daisy carnival, Wacken & Bloodstock shall all have me this year

Monstro 01 Jun 2014 22:05

As a Birthday surprise I had tickets to the final night of We Will Rock You at the Dominion theatre London. A twelve year run was ended after over 7.3 million people had been through the doors with Brian May and Roger Taylor joining the cast for encore renditions of Bohemian Rhapsody and The Show Must Go On.

To be honest this was an amazing night so full of emotion, seen the show a few times after MLUKFC's rock for 3 days in May saw a few of us seeing this sandwiched between two Meat shows but this topped them all.

Pic after the speeches, may release the encore vids at some point as well

http://media.mlxxfc.net/WWRY 057.JPG

Monstro 03 Jul 2014 02:30

Dolly Parton................worth every penny and a few more, brilliant

AndyK 04 Jul 2014 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 604919)
Dolly Parton................worth every penny and a few more, brilliant

Ditto

Adje 05 Jul 2014 02:56

Andre Rieu at the Vrijthof. 3,5 hours of fantastic music and show. :cool:

Breeze 08 Jul 2014 03:22

Willie Nelson's 4th July Picnic. It is at Billy Bob's Stockyard's in ft. Worth Texas.. Willie did not go on stage until 9:45 pm . We opted to arrived late and miss the rest to the acts and just see Willie.

AndyK 13 Nov 2014 20:18

Saw the amazing, multi-instrumental Jake Clemons last night. The guy is incredible, can sing, play the guitar, piano and of course the saxophone and he can work a crowd, not only that he is the most genuine humble, soulful man you could wish to meet. I defy anyone to not have a good time at one of his shows.

His band were incredible too, the bass player was out this world with a stunning bass solo at the end of the show. Got meet Jake afterwards, so that's two of the extended E Street band ticked off the list!

anotherday 13 Nov 2014 22:46

James Taylor.

Going to see Garth Brooks Saturday. Can't WAIT!!!!

Julie in the rv mirror 14 Nov 2014 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 606739)
Got meet Jake afterwards, so that's two of the extended E Street band ticked off the list!

Who's the other?

I had a chance to meet Ed Manion last May, but I decided not to bother him.

AndyK 14 Nov 2014 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 606742)
Who's the other?

Nils had the chance to meet us a couple of years ago when he toured solo over here, and he took it.

tonyloaf 14 Nov 2014 10:11

Andy would it be ok to get you to sign my t shirt one day?

Sebastian. 14 Nov 2014 13:25

IMO the Andy and Lucy meet and greets are never worth the money. Take the piss out of you for bein a hard working RAF Airman.

AndyK 14 Nov 2014 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606749)
Andy would it be ok to get you to sign my t shirt one day?

Of course, have you paid?

AndyK 14 Nov 2014 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606750)
IMO the Andy and Lucy meet and greets are never worth the money. Take the piss out of you for bein a hard working RAF Airman.

You could have finished that post 7 words earlier and it would be just as accurate.

tonyloaf 14 Nov 2014 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 606753)

Of course, have you paid?

Yes and received my email to confirm

Monstro 15 Nov 2014 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606750)
IMO the Andy and Lucy meet and greets are never worth the money.

Funny that, is that why you didn't turn up for the last one??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 606750)
Take the piss out of you for bein a hard working RAF Airman.

Too easy, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy

JennaG 20 Nov 2014 13:35

Imelda May at the Bournemouth Pavilion.

After a concert I went to at the end of last year, she reminded me of what an amazing performer can do.

tonyloaf 26 Nov 2014 12:31

She was great on boneyard at Wembley

JennaG 26 Nov 2014 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606873)
She was great on boneyard at Wembley

I SO wish that I'd have been there to see that one.

tonyloaf 27 Nov 2014 08:50

yeah give her full credit amazing vocal

LucyK! 27 Nov 2014 12:33

Meat, Patti and Imelda was an awesome group at Wembley...but I did ruin it for myself! Jack Black was in London on the same night so when Meat started to introduce a special guest I was praying it was him, given he'd been on the album!

Sadly not but a great performance!

tonyloaf 27 Nov 2014 13:57

yeah but did you hear my vocal? I was amazing truley amazing in fact better than Andy

AndyK 27 Nov 2014 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 606878)
yeah but did you hear my vocal? I was amazing truley amazing in fact better than Andy

Are you criticising my performance? :evil:

tonyloaf 27 Nov 2014 14:59

Andy im sorry but yes. I felt you was missing somthing. I really think you needed to get into the song more. like i said im very sorry but this is not just my view but from 9,000 people in the crowd. On the positive side you still had 1,000 like you and they didnt ask for refund

duke knooby 28 Dec 2014 19:21

Alladdin panto

Evil One 28 Dec 2014 19:39

Oh no you didn't

Julie in the rv mirror 28 Dec 2014 22:27

I saw Bruce in the U.S.A. (tribute band) at the House of Blues last night. They're a great band (Danny Miranda plays bass), and it's a fun show, but once again, seeing them really made me miss the real thing. :(

Sebastian. 28 Dec 2014 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 607174)
I saw Bruce in the U.S.A. (tribute band) at the House of Blues last night. They're a great band (Danny Miranda plays bass), and it's a fun show, but once again, seeing them really made me miss the real thing. :(

Honestly, I'm just going wherever he plays next, regardless off if it's Europe or not.

Julie in the rv mirror 29 Dec 2014 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 607175)
Honestly, I'm just going wherever he plays next, regardless off if it's Europe or not.

Well, there were reliable rumors for a tour next year...now the same reliable people are saying that plans have changed. :( There are various speculations as to the reasons why.

Sebastian. 29 Dec 2014 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 607176)
Well, there were reliable rumors for a tour next year...now the same reliable people are saying that plans have changed. :( There are various speculations as to the reasons why.

I hope he does come back, I heard rumours of Japan for 2016, never really thought he be too big out there.

Julie in the rv mirror 29 Dec 2014 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 607177)
I hope he does come back, I heard rumours of Japan for 2016, never really thought he be too big out there.

I don't think he is, which is probably why he hasn't been there since (I think) the Born in the U.S.A. tour. Speculation was the Japan stop would be tied to another possible Aussie swing. The 2016 Olympics could potentially affect touring plans that year, depending on whether or not Bruce's daughter is going to compete. I could see him doing South America around that time for that very reason. However, I think any 2016 plans are dependent upon what does or doesn't happen next year.

chairboys 04 Jan 2015 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 607172)
Alladdin panto

and Dick Whittington for me

Yevonda 11 Feb 2015 21:29

Theory of a Deadman and Bush - The Wiltern in Los Angeles on January 31st.

First time for me seeing TOADM and they kicked a##! Would for sure see them again. Heads up. If you get a chance to see them and do a M&G (very reasonably priced by the way) the entire band will sign what ever you want them too. You will also get to take multiple pics with them. Very nice guys!!

duke knooby 11 Feb 2015 23:13

Duke Special, last saturday, intimate little solo gig showcasing many of the new songs. brilliant as always :)

MeatGrl1 15 Feb 2015 22:55

Assassins at The Menier Chocolate Factory for the fourth time last night, incredible :heart: :up: x

melon 19 Feb 2015 05:47

Kenny Rogers a couple of weeks ago with mates and The Eagles last night with mum... simply amazing

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Julie in the rv mirror 19 Feb 2015 08:18

Fleetwood Mac- great show!

duke knooby 22 Feb 2015 02:15

duke @ spirit store

great night, over 4 hours of entertainment

and they do a good guinness or several :)

Breeze 22 Feb 2015 21:03

Willie nelson 4th July . David Allen Coe was there and several others. As usual it was so hot.

tonyloaf 01 Mar 2015 11:31

Australian pink floyd -brighton. Great show again ! And great after show :)

BostonAngel 26 Apr 2015 08:29

Sixx:A.M. with Apocalyptica. Both bands were awesome. Sixx:A.M. really kicked butt. Loved seeing them live. I only had to wait 7 years to see them! Amazing show

Sue K 28 Apr 2015 13:36

Happy Tuesday, meatie peeps !
 
I don't remember who it was I last saw in concert... either Meat or The Monkees ... however I'm seeing Barry Manilow then Bette Midler in concerts in June... Ringo in October and am waiting patiently to see if Garth will be coming to my town ... :D ... I get nose-bleed tickets... but I'm just happy as heck to be going ... They're all been on my Bucket List ... Oh except Garth ... I have seen him before but look forward to going again ...

S ... xoxo

Vickip 28 Apr 2015 16:56

I'm looking forward to seeing Weird Al in Lancaster on June 6th :D Should be a great show !

duke knooby 11 May 2015 23:30

david ford... one man show

brilliant gig

duke knooby 16 May 2015 14:41

duke special

brilliant gig :)

Vickip 16 May 2015 16:47

Not actually a concert, but I saw Bob Newhart in Lancaster last night and he was hysterical :D

Sebastian. 17 May 2015 00:33

Patti Russo - AMAZING. What a show, what a woman!

emma811981 17 May 2015 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 609090)
Patti Russo - AMAZING. What a show, what a woman!

Agreed :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Julie in the rv mirror 15 Jun 2015 22:53

So, last Friday night, I saw http://www.therushforum.com/public/s.../default/2.gif, for what might possibly be the last time ever (the band has said this is their last tour "of this magnitude", whatever that means). :(

I tried to put the last part out of my mind, and just enjoy the show, which was amazing! :-)

Being it's their 40th Anniversary tour, the setlist coverered their entire career, in backwards chronological order. As the show went on, the roadies changed the set behind them, until by the encore, they were playing in a "high school gym" setup, with a couple of amps propped up on chairs. Cool concept! :lol: :cool:

PanicLord 17 Jun 2015 19:30

The Beach Boys in Manchester a few weeks back. They were absolutely awesome! A little more. .. experienced lol but they sound exactly the same. Superb night!

samurai7 18 Jun 2015 13:39

Toto in Manchester back in May. Awesome to see original bassist David Hungate back.

melon 18 Jun 2015 17:57

Nickelback last month, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Julie in the rv mirror 29 Jun 2015 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 609429)
Nickelback last month, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Well, you're not supposed to like Nickelback. ;)

From a recent (hilarious) review:

"Approximately 7,000 people who probably don't hate Nickelback attended the concert, 3,000 less than the group's previous visit in 2012. Whether those 3,000 have grown to hate the band could not be confirmed. There is also no proof of correlation between the smaller crowd and the influence of the popular subjective notion that the band is terrible. It may just be that Nickelback's star is dimming now that it has achieved remarkable success - 50 million albums sold, many unavoidable hit radio singles - which only in the rarest of instances can be maintained in perpetuity."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/g...back_rock.html

In all seriousness, I read that they had to cancel the rest of their tour because Chad Kroeger needs vocal cord surgery. Sad for their fans.

Last Friday, I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee, and I saw Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes live for the first time. But I mostly went for Keith Urban, and he was SO good! My favorite of all the times I have seen him! :D

Cherry.Loaf 04 Jul 2015 15:41

Fleetwod Mac in Manchester, absolutely blew me away

Yevonda 14 Jul 2015 17:11

Theory of a Deadman in Santa Cruz on June 22nd. An awesome show!!

Aerosmith in Salinas this past Saturday. Can't believe how much these guys still rock. All of the guys are in their mid to late 60's!! Fantastic show!!

dottie 15 Jul 2015 10:22

UB40 Kew Gardens last Saturday Night...and Radio Fiddler...Great Night..

Sue K 23 Jul 2015 13:59

I saw Barry and the Divine One as I said I was going to do ... Both were fab, fun and fine !! ... Had a blast singing along and skipping along memory lane ... xoxo

ChloeLee88 27 Jul 2015 23:16

The tale of Mr Tumble!
In my defense it was for work purposes!!

heidi 04 Aug 2015 15:43

Phantom of the Opera in Hamburg. My 12th time!!!! I love this musical.:-P:lol:

Julie in the rv mirror 30 Aug 2015 20:52

Billy Joel at Wrigley Field- great show! Bonus was Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence dancing on Billy's piano: :D :cool:
YouTube Video

Julie in the rv mirror 31 Oct 2015 06:30

Peter Frampton's first ever acoustic tour in Naperville, IL- loved it! His son Julian also played, and he's very talented.

I also saw Joe Grushecky and The Houserockers at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ. They were recording a live album for the 20th Anniversary of their "American Babylon".

Sue K 02 Nov 2015 15:34

I saw Ringo Starr and the All Star Band Friday night ... I got to hear hits of Mister Mister, Toto, Santana and Todd Runtgrim... lol ... AND about 9 hits of Ringo's ... I was warned... "and the All Star Band" ... I really would have liked a bit more Ringo ... However saying that ... I enjoyed myself ... OH... and seeing Meat Nov 17th ... SOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to that show ..

LucyK! 02 Nov 2015 18:59

Saw this singer in the USA, Texan guy, big...would recommend!

Sebastian. 02 Nov 2015 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 611685)
Saw this singer in the USA, Texan guy, big...would recommend!

I think he's playing in a couple of places I'm visiting soon.

duke knooby 08 Dec 2015 23:57

whitesnake were good, musically and vocally, good show, but not really my type of songs, but still well worth going to see.

def leppard were brilliant!

gotta see them again :)

Robertb 09 Dec 2015 20:13

Status Quo with Wilkco Johnson Band supporting on Monday night at Sheffield Arena.

On my way to The Darkness now at Leeds Academy.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:10.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.06302 seconds with 11 queries.