mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bat Out of Hell The Concert (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20401)

letsgotoofar 17 Aug 2018 06:10

UPDATE: I am mistaken. The WAV file is the full version of the song, the MP3 is the "single version." So, uh, score one for higher-quality audio fans! Consider the hi-res "single edit" MP3 of "Bat" a bonus track.

ajf33 17 Aug 2018 10:09

Quick listen through the samples, and have to say is certainly different! Better than Tyce Greens take on the songs, as Caleb does have a much stronger voice.and having the NLE playing on the songs helps a lot as well. Think I'l wait till I've had a chance to see the show, If and When it comes to the UK before paying for this, but would say, for what it is, it's better than I expected!

mickp 17 Aug 2018 12:17

BAT
 
I like this a lot, it's been on repeat all morning. I'm not comparing it with the musical (epic and different), nor with Tyce (something very different which I thought was a decent job in many cases) nor Meat himself (legend) but this is a perfect 'studio' version of what the NLE has provided for years in support of Meat with an extremely competent vocalist in his own right. There are some lovely arrangements, consistent with the stage shows and the playing is excellent (I do like that all songs 'finish' rather than fade. It's particularly nice to see Steve Buslowe back playing bass. Tom Brislin also contributes so it has a nod to the longevity of the NLE. Will definitely go and see if it comes to the UK

CarylB 17 Aug 2018 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 622987)
UPDATE: I am mistaken. The WAV file is the full version of the song, the MP3 is the "single version." So, uh, score one for higher-quality audio fans! Consider the hi-res "single edit" MP3 of "Bat" a bonus track.

Yes, Paul has pointed out that words used on the page about editing BOOH are specific to the mp3 ONLY.

The album download includes:

- All the songs in Hi Rez WAV format.
- Artwork
- The buyer also receives all the songs in Hi quality MP3 format. This is where BAT has needed to be edited. ONLY THE MP3 is edited.


The Hi Rez wave contains the full version of BAT

roomster 17 Aug 2018 14:07

I have now bought the new Bat-album to support Paul Crook and his project, but the download are sadly more than painfully slow... :(

letsgotoofar 17 Aug 2018 14:49

You're getting two versions of the album for the price of one in the highest possible quality. (I believe the whole zipped file is 550 MB, somewhere in that range.) The good news is, two for the price of one! The bad news is, if your Internet connection's not the best, it's gonna be a bit of a slog.

roomster 17 Aug 2018 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 622993)
You're getting two versions of the album for the price of one in the highest possible quality. (I believe the whole zipped file is 550 MB, somewhere in that range.) The good news is, two for the price of one! The bad news is, if your Internet connection's not the best, it's gonna be a bit of a slog.

I have a very fast Internet-connection, so the problem is certainly not at my end.

The download speed is between 50 and 90 kbit/sec. That's extremely slow.

Paul and his team should definitely do something about this.

letsgotoofar 17 Aug 2018 15:05

What kind of connection do you have? I've got fiber-optic, and it took -- at most -- five minutes yesterday.

roomster 17 Aug 2018 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 622995)
What kind of connection do you have? I've got fiber-optic, and it took -- at most -- five minutes yesterday.

Fiberoptic 100 Mbps.

The download should take a minute or two. Instead it takes 2-3 hours.

greg 17 Aug 2018 17:21

No news on UK dates yet. Last I herd dates for UK was coming out 25 July

CarylB 17 Aug 2018 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg (Post 622997)
No news on UK dates yet. Last I herd dates for UK was coming out 25 July

That was the info given by the promoter .. but sadly that fell through. Paul says they will not be touring the UK this year, but in the USA this autumn .. and I think perhaps the early months of 2019. But they still hope to tour in the UK .. so perhaps later next year? But currently no dates planned.

greg 17 Aug 2018 20:55

Thanks carly for info.i did get a text from Paul crook saying promoter. Took it as far as he could for UK.

PanicLord 18 Aug 2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 622990)
Yes, Paul has pointed out that words used on the page about editing BOOH are specific to the mp3 ONLY.

The album download includes:

- All the songs in Hi Rez WAV format.
- Artwork
- The buyer also receives all the songs in Hi quality MP3 format. This is where BAT has needed to be edited. ONLY THE MP3 is edited.


The Hi Rez wave contains the full version of BAT

Seems very odd though unless they plan on trying to release it to radio or as a single edit or something. Still you can always convert the wav to mp3.

letsgotoofar 18 Aug 2018 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 623001)
Seems very odd though unless they plan on trying to release it to radio or as a single edit or something. Still you can always convert the wav to mp3.

That's what I ultimately did; thankfully, the newest version of Audacity makes it possible to get a similarly hi-res result.

evil nickname 19 Aug 2018 14:53

"format requirements" could also suggest technical limitations for MP3 files imposed by the website. The full length Bat would have been over 25MB as an MP3, and perhaps the music player on the website does not support that.

letsgotoofar 19 Aug 2018 15:22

True. Nice work on the discography page, by the way! Got that up in a hurry.

PanicLord 19 Aug 2018 22:12

Well I have only had a chance to listen to it on my phone speaker so far... So not what you'd call HiFi... but my initial impression is that they have done a superb job. The backing tracks sound great and have better clarity and oomph than Bat itself (someone please do a full remaster on it please? Failing that put Meats vocals on these tracks). Anyway where was I?

Oh yes Caleb has a superb rock slightly bluesy slightly metal voice. While he doesn't put the level of drama and emotion into it that Meat does (let's be honest, who does?) He brings a fresh and energetic take to the songs that I think is welcome.

Can't wait to listen to it in the car.

And before anyone casts me aside as a sinner, the stereo in my new Fiesta is a factory fit 675 watt 10 speaker Bang and Olufsen unit with 360° sound and sub woofer.

It kicks ass and I know this cd will too.

letsgotoofar 20 Aug 2018 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 623006)
Well I have only had a chance to listen to it on my phone speaker so far... So not what you'd call HiFi... but my initial impression is that they have done a superb job. The backing tracks sound great and have better clarity and oomph than Bat itself (someone please do a full remaster on it please? Failing that put Meats vocals on these tracks).

I mean, in theory, one could... we do have the isolated vocal tracks from the SACD floating around, and Caleb's vocals do seem to be mostly panned to center channels... this could be an easy job in Audacity. Test mix, anyone?

evil nickname 20 Aug 2018 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 623005)
True. Nice work on the discography page, by the way! Got that up in a hurry.

Thanks. That's the beauty of being a web developer, you can sneak in some side-projects during work hours. Code is code. ;-)

chairboys 20 Aug 2018 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil nickname (Post 623008)
Thanks. That's the beauty of being a web developer, you can sneak in some side-projects during work hours. Code is code. ;-)

This is really disappointing.
Not only are you betraying the trust of your employer so now my admiration for you has rocketed

evil nickname 20 Aug 2018 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 623009)
This is really disappointing.
Not only are you betraying the trust of your employer so now my admiration for you has rocketed

Oh, lighten up. It's an illusion to think you can be focused on only your job for eight hours straight in *any* creative business anyway. If doing something else for a small amount of time helps you recharge/focus/whatever, go for it.

AndrewG 20 Aug 2018 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 623009)
This is really disappointing.
Not only are you betraying the trust of your employer so now my admiration for you has rocketed

As long as he gets his work done who cares. :roll:

PanicLord 21 Aug 2018 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 623007)
I mean, in theory, one could... we do have the isolated vocal tracks from the SACD floating around, and Caleb's vocals do seem to be mostly panned to center channels... this could be an easy job in Audacity. Test mix, anyone?

Lol to be clear though my preference is for a remaster of Bat haha.

I can confirm it rocks on a good stereo though.

loaferman61 21 Aug 2018 20:32

Just had a listen through a proper stereo instead of my laptop and this album is really well arranged. Love the piano and background vocals. Caleb is very good if you go in not expecting Meat Loaf. His voice is fine, but Meat always had that song interpretation that was always conveying the feeling, emotion and little nuances he uses. I could do without the baseball part of Paradise honestly, but I guess many consider that integral to the song. Lacks in Jim's "lascivious effects" though. This is a quite good remake or reimagining or whatever you want to call it.

2jaxx 22 Aug 2018 13:05

I bought the album, too and I like it very much. There is one thing that bothers me though. The drum sound is very clinical. It's missing some warmth, density and reverb. i am no studio engineer and I really have no idea how to achieve that. But there is something missing.

Having said that - I would love to hear more music in that style from Caleb in the future. He brings a little more soul to the songs (Meaning the musical style, not the soul itself. Meat has a lot of that). The band is great here, too. I love all the little deviations from the original album. Those really make the album worth buying.

Chops to everyone involved!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:02.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03770 seconds with 11 queries.