![]() |
Mark Alexander (Time to move on)
Mark Alexander has left The Netherland Express,
He posted this on his website earlier... Time to move on... It is with great regret that I will not be joining Meat Loaf on his upcoming "Teddy Bear" tour. I wish him all the best. To the fans, I will miss seeing your happy faces in the crowd, speaking with you at the shows, and having a good laugh afterwards. After 20 years, sharing many of life's highs and lows, triumphs and tragedies, the band and crew are like brothers and sisters to me. Fate is fickle- possibly and hopefully we'll meet again soon. Our circle will not be broken. I wish you all the best. Please stay healthy, wise, and keep in touch. http://www.markalexandermusic.com/blog.cfm |
wow, surprised big time at this one as I thought he might be the new Musical director
|
Mark Alexander left the Neverland Express
Mark Alexander is now longer a member of The Neverland Express.
He won't be part of the upcoming world Tour. Another sad news after the announcement of Kasim's departure... Florence |
Wow that is crazy!
|
This is getting a little out of hand. 60% of why I go to the concerts are to see these guys! It's such a shame they're not staying :(
|
Hmm it got me thinking: Mark is playing in Kasimīs band... :-)
|
Sad news indeed. Mark will be missed!
|
Well this is crap !!
I've been seeing Meat live since 2006, RAH was my first ever concert and Mark and Kasim have been part of the band everytime I've seen Meat since then :(. This is sad news indeed but I wish both all the luck for whatever they plan to do next. I have one little request though.... PLEASE DON'T DECIDE TO LEAVE PAUL, PATTI, CC and DAVID !! Don't think I can handle anymore departures :shock: :roll: !!! |
I wouldn't miss Luther to be honest.
|
sad news, but you know what they say: every end is a new beginning!
|
Whose next, Meat? Kasim and Mark are important elements to the NLE. Aye. :(
|
Oh wow ... I'm really sorry to hear this :-(
I wish Mark the best of luck in whatever he decides to do. Vicki |
Hey, Meat, why is everybody leaving the band? :shock:
|
Sad news indeed Mark like Kasim are important members of the NLE however times chance and we must thank Mark for the time and joy he has given us.
I am confident that Meat will make sure someone worthy will fill these 2 very big holes that we are now faced with. I would like to see Tom Brislin return but the choice is down to the big man. |
I thought of Tom Brislin right away too.
|
WOW, cannot believe that Mark has left again. :-(((
Where's Meat going to get such a Fantastic Piano player? I was so over joyed when I saw Mark back with Meat at The Night Of The Proms! I for one would miss Dave Luther, Love the Sax! |
Quote:
|
Wow. I'm sad about Mark leaving too. On Facebook, Mark seems real excited about a new chapter in his life. I will probably get nostalgic a bit now with two pieces of the band, as we know it, are voided. After learning this, I really feel like watching MSO right now, but I'm at work.
I'm sure Meat's frogs are in overdrive, or maybe he's got it all figured out. Either way, my thoughts are with him as I'm sure he's going to miss Mark on tour. The only thing I can add are for the accounted: Florence posted on here CC's exclusive interview: CC is going to be touring with Meat. And on Paul's Facebook: He's going to be busy with Meat's tour. Unaccounted: Patti: ?, John: ?, Randy: ?, Dave: ?, Georgia: ? Suzieq |
Elton John for the position :lol:
|
Quote:
Quote:
Vicki |
You're right, Suzanne : the only sure thing right now is about CC and Paul being part of the upcoming Tour.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
If he's taking over keyboards does that make him Elton 'Fingers' John?
|
Quote:
And I forgot Randy.. Oopy ! |
Quote:
Georgia sang background vocals on the new CD. Meat introduced her as a new member of the band in one of his tweets earlier this summer. |
Ah I have no sound and have slacked in keeping up-to-date !!
Thanks for enlightening me Vicki :up:. |
Sad news indeed. But I guess a new album, a new sound...
|
Quote:
|
It is truly sad to hear that both Mark and Kasim will no longer be with the band. Just as upsetting as it was that Patti had left, and then she returned :) . However, I can't help but wonder if losing not one but two (and possibly more??) band members, that this means that getting a tour together is not exactly easy at the moment - do we have any actual scheduled dates yet or is that too soon to hope?
Hopefully we will all get to see each other soon enough! Fingers crossed! I also hope we get to see our departing members in one project or another as well too! Take care! Jen S. |
Quote:
|
:oops: I totally forgot about him :shock: :lol: !!!
|
Quote:
it was about 3 minutes later i remembered Randy and Paul ... lol ... good luck to Mark & Kasim ... |
Quote:
oops... okay ... and Dave ... :oops: ... hey ... as bad as my memory is getting ... i'm lucky i remember the name of the lead singer guy ... :shock: ... lol ... you know... wotsisFace ... |
Damn not another one, but like RadioMaster said it's a new begining.
|
:oops: Just realised I missed John too :shock: !!!
|
Another one bites the dust...well...the timing is interesting to say the least...
|
Roy Bittan for replacement.
|
Hey...if anyone hears of Roxanne departing let me know - I've got a resume ready & waiting! =)
|
Quote:
|
Damn, I've been having a rotten day as it is then got home from work and read this. :(:(
As with Kasim, I very much enjoyed seeing Mark live with Meat, will miss him a lot. |
Quote:
If possible in any way, that would be awesome! (not getting my hopes up though) |
thats a shame hope mark and kasim leaving the band doesnt hav a negative affect on how well the album does and the possibility of a wee tour.
|
Quote:
|
It seems we never get the same musicians on tours as albums. Then when an album is due that has the pretty much the whole band that's been touring with Meat for the last 6+ years featured on it people start leaving before the tour. Weird. It keeps the tradition though!
But at least they are on the new album so we'll still get to enjoy their respective instrument playing from April anyway. |
jim steinman for the position:lol:
|
Sad times, great musician :(
|
I was shocked when i learnt about this news this afternoon.... i couldnt believe it!! i was really hoping it was a joke!!!! OMG!!!
i hope no one else leaves.... JOHN! DON'T even think about it!! Mark your going to be missed so much but i wish you all the best for the future. Take care, Love you. x |
really great blokes mark and kas were, thank you for all you both have done and made us have some wounderfull shows to remember. keep on rocking!!!!!!
|
Mark Alexander <time to move on>
I cant belive kasim and mark have left the band iam going to miss them both and i wish them both well and i will miss you guys
|
Things are just fine in Loaf world. You have your favorite shoes but they just get old and you have to get new ones. John isn't going anywhere or is Dave ,Paul, Randy, CC or Patti.
Most of all I am still in the Band as well. M |
Quote:
|
Oh boy you left me speechless...
|
Quote:
Vicki |
Quote:
I feel happy now :lol:. |
theres nothing like seeing such kind words of appreciation for sooo many years of performing on stage and such a great contribution to the albums over the years....
and THAT really was nothing like kind words!!! disappointing. personally, i thought mark was great and i wish him well for his future projects |
I've never heard someone refer to long-time band members as old shoes before...
|
Quote:
|
"Favorite shoes" that "just get OLD".
|
I vote for bringing in the two B's - Buslowe and Brislin!
|
Quote:
|
Wow you guys move fast. No sooner did I type it.....I re-read and he did say old, so I deleted my post. And I stand corrected. He did imply favorite old shoes, and I can see how that could have a negative connotation to it.
But on a flip side.....some people really LOVE shoes and hate to give them up but have to, eventually you need to move on and get new ones out of necessity. Can we go with Meat loved his shoes and needs to get new ones out of necessity rather than harp on any mal intent? Suzieq |
well lets be fair to meat!! we dont know the reasons why they left?
maybe meat is dissapointed [ im pretty sure ] he is, but hes comments sound like he just wants to keep things positive!! but at the end of the day life goes on |
Quote:
LOL! Pwned!! |
I just look forward to seeing a new band line up, it's sad Kasim and Mark are gone, but the show must go on. Bring on the new look NLE. :D
|
Quote:
|
to be honest!! my fav singer has a new album coming out! and a new tour!
cool first single! im getting updated almost every day about it! what more can i ask for? as i posted above, we dont know why they left? i dont give a sh*t? i wish them well, they were great blokes! onwards and upwards:D |
I'm curious as to whether Dave is on the album. I thought he was such a great addition to the last couple of tours. It would be cool and interesting to hear him play parts he specifically owns in songs as opposed to parts added/adapted to existing songs if you get my drift.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I think that Mark is great and i wish him all the best for the furture..
|
Thanks for the update meat, hope to see you in concert one day soon, in New zealand i also look forward to hearing the album when it comes out.
|
I still think about seeing Meat after his cardio-surgery (I think that's what it was) at Manchester Arena in 2003. He looked ill, but kicked ass and gave it his all. I bought a t-shirt at the souveneir stand. It said 'The Last World Tour'. I've looked at everything we've got since then as a bonus. The guy's paid his dues and deserves the benefit of the doubt when he chooses to do things his way.
The CDs and DVDs of old stuff that we have will last as long as we all live, but the live shows and new material won't. Let's look forward and enjoy them while we can, right? |
Quote:
|
I only became a Meat Loaf fan about 5 years ago when I was pouring through my parents old LP collection, but have been an avid fan ever since. So, I as a fan was introduced to the Neverland Express in its current form, so it is kind of like saying goodbye to a member of the family. So with that said I raise my glass :cheers: to both Kasim and Mark and wish them both the best in their future projects. You can say what you want about us Meat Loaf fans, but one thing is for sure, we are dedicated to our cause, and not to just Meat himself but to the entire NE. They are what brings Meat and the music to life on tour and each one of them is incredibly talented in their own right. With that said I wait patiently to see who Meat will bring to the stage with him in the newest incarnation of the NE.
Lorenzoduke said it best when he said that we should look forward to and enjoy what we've got while we have it. So just sit back and enjoy the ride, and most importantly, Hang Cool Teddy Bear! |
Quote:
Carole |
First Kasim and now Mark?
This reminds me of the period before the beginning of the Storytellers album/tour. Didn't a few band members leave then? I think it was Mark and Steve Buslowe.
|
Quote:
Kasim and Mark are terrific players and, as far as my exerience is concerned, thoroughly nice people. But it's Meat I go to see, and I know I can alays trust he will have a great band supporting him on stage .. but for me the key word is "support", because for me he's the main event. That's not to diminish the talent of anyone else, but I go to see "Meat Loaf". I've seen Meat on stage with and without Kasim and Mark, and he's never disappointed me. Both Kasim and Mark have posted on their sites. That's enough for me. I don't think, and have never done, that Meat owes me explanations about changes in the band. It's his business and theirs, particularly at a time when he's working his ass off promoting something new and exciting. He comes here and talks to us .. something very special imo. Not many performers of Meat's stature do this. But however friendly and approachable he is (and he is both these things and he does listen to what we say) we are not part of his inner circle. None of us know how he feels about the changes and none of us can. He doesn't talk about how he feels about these things, I respect that, as I respect him, because it's simply not my business, and I respect him enough not to pick on specific words when he feels he has to come in and reassure people at a time of speculation. He didn't need to come in to reassure us, but he did, and that intent, at a time when he's dashing hither and thither with a thousand things on his mind, is enough for me. He asked us to look forward to a new adventure with him, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Meat, you give me so much, and owe me nothing. Caryl |
Quote:
Carole |
Quote:
Great to hear it Meat. How I read this is that Mark and Kasim decided to get new shoes, not Meat. |
Quote:
looking forward to the new album :-) |
:(
Good luck again Mark! |
Best of luck with all your new projects, Mark. You were an amazing pianist in the NLE.
|
Quote:
Rage Against "The movie's over FADE TO BLACK..." |
Mark and Kaskim will both be missed, but I look forward to the new players (or the return of others) That Meat brings in! HCTB!!!
|
Quote:
No matter who is with him,[and I do miss some of the past Band members] The Meat Is The Business, he is the one most of us go to see!!!! |
Quote:
I like the way the E Street band all stand in a line and perform together. It would be great if Patti & C.C. were moved up alongside Paul & Randy. Patti is so petite, it's difficult to see her on that platform way in the back. |
Your're awesome Mark. Good luck.
|
I think the NLE was the best gig Mark ever had and Mark was the best pianist Meat ever had. BUT...life moves on.
|
I'm sorry to see Mark and Kaz go. Mark is so far the only NLE member that I have met and he signed my programme a few years back. As one of the younger generations of fans I don't think I've ever been to a Meat gig when Kasim hasn't been playing and I've been to 7 shows.
I wish them well in their new projects, and I am so excited about Meat's new album and forthcoming tour - and glad to hear Meat himself confirm that the deliciously hot Randy will be there still, and Patti! Keep rocking! xxx |
Im really sorry to hear that mark & Kasim are leaving i will miss them they have being a great members of NLE family and will not be forgotten i wish them all the best.
|
keep your eye out for marks album in the near future, available from us ;-)
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
I heard that too- Mark's working on a solo album. |
Kasim is also working on a new solo album...
|
Good luck to Mark and Kasim. Thanks for all the pleasure you have given the fans over the years. It will seem strange without you but as Meat says you have to look to the future and new beginnings.
Love Angel x |
| All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:25. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.