mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   (I) Couldn't Have Said It Better (Myself) (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The album cover - a stupid question (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14265)

Sarge 07 Mar 2010 15:30

The album cover - a stupid question
 
Does anybody know why the album was released with a red cover in some countries and with a blue one in others?

Evil One 07 Mar 2010 15:56

I thought one was the standard version and one had a couple of live tracks added on? I may be talking out my arse though.

No, I'm talking crap. Both UK releases were blue. Everywhere else was red. Maybe someone did some research and decided that British people buy more blue things than red?

wolfy35 07 Mar 2010 17:05

I don't know if I'm mistaken but has it spmething to do with the name change? I have a copy of the artwork from when it went under the title Testify and that is in red I only ever saw it in blue under new title

Sarge 07 Mar 2010 21:10

No, I don't think it has something to do with the name change. I have the ordinary German CD as well the two-disc special edition, the U.S. enhanced CD and one from Eastern Europe (Ukraine, I think). The German CDs and the U.S. release have red covers, the Ukrainian version has a blue one and contains an extra track (like the U.K. edition). All those CDs were released under the title Couldn't Have Said It Better.

samurai7 07 Mar 2010 22:49

The Aussie one was red too. Uk one blue.

Vickip 07 Mar 2010 23:16

Maybe it was just a marketing strategy by the record company :??:

duke knooby 07 Mar 2010 23:20

SACD was red

RadioMaster 07 Mar 2010 23:34

among others

AndyK 08 Mar 2010 00:11

The vinyl's got a red cover ;-)

MeatLoafFanRay 08 Mar 2010 00:19

The red cover looks the best imo. I've only ever seen the blue for sale in the UK. Since I like the red better I bought my copies from the USA. If I'm not mistaken the CHSIB single was red too as was Did I Say That.

carole 08 Mar 2010 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatLoafFanRay (Post 482623)
The red cover looks the best imo. I've only ever seen the blue for sale in the UK. Since I like the red better I bought my copies from the USA. If I'm not mistaken the CHSIB single was red too as was Did I Say That.

Yeah the Australian one was red and had the extra disc with live songs and was called CHSIB, but the CHSIB single I bought had a blue cover. I bought that European one with the extra disc but the videos never played, and I tried it on a few different DVD players, only 2 outa 3 played which was off Storytellers, which I had anyway.

Carole

RadioMaster 08 Mar 2010 08:23

correct me if im wrong, but werent both versions featured in the ads and billboards? (both in one and the same ad I mean)

rocketwaveuk 08 Mar 2010 18:13

red or blue
 
I have both red and blue versions and the red is a hybred version for surround sound , and got the red t-shirt .

The Flying Mouse 11 Mar 2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 482620)
The vinyl's got a red cover ;-)

:twisted: Really? :shock:

My vinyl copy has a blue cover.

Wario 12 Mar 2010 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 483075)
:twisted: Really? :shock:

My vinyl copy has a blue cover.

Then you sir have a TREASURE :cool:

Sarge 13 Mar 2010 01:34

I thought the only label who released it on vinyl was Polydor in Germany?

RadioMaster 13 Mar 2010 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 483075)
:twisted: Really? :shock:

My vinyl copy has a blue cover.

cause you spray-painted it blue?

AndyK 13 Mar 2010 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 483253)
cause you spray-painted it blue?

No, he's got confused with his Bucks Fizz collection :))


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:28.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02771 seconds with 11 queries.