mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rank the Songs Greatest To Least: Stoney and Meatloaf (w/ the re-issue Exclusives) (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15733)

Wario 08 Sep 2010 06:48

Rank the Songs Greatest To Least: Stoney and Meatloaf (w/ the re-issue Exclusives)
 
Yep, including the rerelease Exclusives and the Temptations Cover:

What You See Is What You Get
It Takes All Kinds Of People
Who is The Leader Of The People?
She Waits at the Window
Jimmy Bell
The Way You Do The Things You Do
(I'd Love To Be) as Heavy as Jesus
Sunshine (Wheres Heaven?)
Kiss Me Again - Stoney and Meatloaf version
Stone Heart
Game of Love
Jessica White
Lady Be Mine
Everything Under the Sun
Kiss Me Again - Meat and some unknown guy version

and Yes, "Meatloaf" isn't a typo

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

Evil One 08 Sep 2010 16:44

They're all :shit: so the order makes no difference.

Steve6 08 Sep 2010 16:50

Not everyone has this record to rate it anyway (only the diehard fan). I listened to it once..and never listened to it again.

Elijah's way 09 Sep 2010 01:11

What You See Is What You Get
The Way You Do The Things You Do
(I'd Love To Be) as Heavy as Jesus
Kiss Me Again
Who Is The Leader Of The People
She Waits By The Window
Game Of Love
Sunshine (where's Heaven)
Lady Be Mine
Stone Heart
Jessica White
Jimmy Bell
It Takes All Kinds Of People
Everything Under The Sun

evil nickname 09 Sep 2010 09:40

Game of Love (written by Ike Turner, by the way)
What You See Is What You Get
The Way You Do The Things You Do
Jimmy Bell (extended version)
(I'd Love To Be) as Heavy as Jesus
Lady Be Mine
Kiss Me Again
Stone Heart
Jessica White
It Takes All Kinds of People
Who Is the Leader of the People (Edwin Starr's version is so much better)
She Waits By The Window
Everything Under the Sun
Sunshine (Where's Heaven?)

GDW 09 Sep 2010 11:58

Collect them all up and send them to Afghanistan.:-)

Wario 09 Sep 2010 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 517836)
Not everyone has this record to rate it anyway (only the diehard fan).

Arent the majority of the forum a "diehard fan" :|

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

Steve6 09 Sep 2010 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 518223)
Arent the majority of the forum a "diehard fan" :|

Do people on this forum own every single Meat Loaf item available? and more importantly do they love them all? If you answer yes to both of these questions then you are a diehard fan. ;) I don't so I'm not one, and I don't want to be either lol.

Can I also have a show of hands on who listens to the Stoney and Meatloaf CD on a regular basis?

Sarge 09 Sep 2010 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518231)
Can I also have a show of hands on who listens to the Stoney and Meatloaf CD on a regular basis?

No one as there is no CD. :p

Steve6 09 Sep 2010 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 518234)
No one as there is no CD. :p

So what was that CD they released in 1971 then? A frisbee :roll:

Puritan 09 Sep 2010 16:42

What You See Is What You Get
Jimmy Bell
(I'd Love To Be) as Heavy as Jesus
Game of Love
Jessica White
The Way You Do The Things You Do
It Takes All Kinds of People
She Waits By The Window
Sunshine (Where's Heaven?)
Who Is the Leader of the People
Stone Heart
Kiss Me Again
Everything Under the Sun
Lady Be Mine

Wario 09 Sep 2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518238)
So what was that CD they released in 1971 then? A frisbee :roll:

no they call it an LP

Sarge 09 Sep 2010 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518238)
So what was that CD they released in 1971 then? A frisbee :roll:

:lawl: Someone should tell Philips and Sony that they were late. According to Steve6, the CD had already been invented.

evil nickname 09 Sep 2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518231)
Can I also have a show of hands on who listens to the Stoney and Meatloaf CD on a regular basis?

Regular might be a bit of stretch, but i play it every now and then. For what it is, it certainly isn't bad. It might not be the best thing thing Motown ever put its name on, but I can think of stuff that's far worse.

Wario 10 Sep 2010 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518231)
Can I also have a show of hands on who listens to the Stoney and Meatloaf CD on a regular basis?

oh by the way, If some fans on here never heard the album, they dont need to reply to the thread.

Its still an album and deserves a ranking L to G.

I find it more enjoyable then Bat 3

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

Elijah's way 10 Sep 2010 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 518444)
oh by the way, If some fans on here never heard the album, they dont need to reply to the thread.

Its still an album and deserves a ranking L to G.

I find it more enjoyable then Bat 3

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

WOW!!! Really? Bat 3 is way better.

Sarge 10 Sep 2010 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 518444)
I find it more enjoyable then Bat 3

I agree with Wario. :shock: Well, amost... Bat III sounds modern and contains some good tracks but it appears to be overproduced and I've always had a bad feeling when listening to it because I hated the way it was promoted. I used to say "it's a Desmond Child album featuring vocals by Meat Loaf" and my opinion hasn't changed. There is no central theme, too.

Stoney & Meatloaf sounds more coherent than Bat III and I like Meat's vocals better. He changed his style of singing some years ago and I don't like the new style that much - regardless of what he's telling about the vocal coach. His singing sounded much stronger and way more emotional then and up until the 1990s than it does now, in my opinion.

Stoney & Meatloaf is a good album if you are into Motown stuff. There are one or two songs that are pretty weak but all in all it's quite good. I wouldn't classify it as a real Meat Loaf album though. I assume he just provided vocals and didn't have that much to say with regard to song choice and production. Will have to listen to all songs again before I can rank them.

Pudding 10 Sep 2010 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 518444)
I find it more enjoyable then Bat 3

I find it more enjoyable than HCTB

A Slice Of English 10 Sep 2010 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 518479)
I agree with Wario. :shock: Well, amost... Bat III sounds modern and contains some good tracks but it appears to be overproduced and I've always had a bad feeling when listening to it because I hated the way it was promoted. I used to say "it's a Desmond Child album featuring vocals by Meat Loaf" and my opinion hasn't changed. There is no central theme, too.

Stoney & Meatloaf sounds more coherent than Bat III and I like Meat's vocals better. He changed his style of singing some years ago and I don't like the new style that much - regardless of what he's telling about the vocal coach. His singing sounded much stronger and way more emotional then and up until the 1990s than it does now, in my opinion.

Stoney & Meatloaf is a good album if you are into Motown stuff. There are one or two songs that are pretty weak but all in all it's quite good. I wouldn't classify it as a real Meat Loaf album though. I assume he just provided vocals and didn't have that much to say with regard to song choice and production. Will have to listen to all songs again before I can rank them.

"All Kind's Of People" kicks some serious ass and I like "What You See Is What You Get" but prefer the live version from LOTW or the Is Nothing Sacred single B-side (Same version).

Having said that, I much prefer Bat 3. Overproduced it may be, but it is a better album by far in my humble opinion.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:01.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 11 queries.