mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Children In Need Rocks Manchester 2011 (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17665)

robgomm 17 Nov 2011 23:11

Children In Need Rocks Manchester 2011
 
Hey did anyone catch this show tonight? Wasn't it good!

I didn't realise how good Lady Gaga is! I mean quite obviously she's taken a LOT of inspiration from Madonna, but she's really really good. And she can actually sing really well.

Most of the show was good, with the only low point being Kelly Rowland, who barely sang and let her backing track do most of the work for her.

Monstro 17 Nov 2011 23:50

Saw five mins, turned on whilst Gaga was "singing" her new single (sorry m8 but if she was singing live I'm giving up whisky) and that was enough for me.

CarylB 18 Nov 2011 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 559258)
Saw five mins, turned on whilst Gaga was "singing" her new single (sorry m8 but if she was singing live I'm giving up whisky) and that was enough for me.

Said with the conviction of a man who knows where the smart money is! :lol::lol:

Caryl

robgomm 18 Nov 2011 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 559258)
Saw five mins, turned on whilst Gaga was "singing" her new single (sorry m8 but if she was singing live I'm giving up whisky) and that was enough for me.

Sorry mate but I don't agree at all. You could tell she was singing live. There was a backing track she was singing over for a start so you could when she was singing over it.. There were some flat notes, and there was some ad libbing so I can't see how you can say that, definitely live mate.

robgomm 18 Nov 2011 11:50

Also if she was miming she's the best lip syncer in history.

lorenzoduke 18 Nov 2011 18:03

Saw her live last year with my girlfriend, and was pleasantly surprised. No wonder Alice Cooper has taken to her - quite a similar style of show, music styles not withstanding.

Kirst 18 Nov 2011 19:31

Sorry to go slightly off track but still on the subject of Children in Need:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meat-Loaf-...item35b64a8bc8

robgomm 19 Nov 2011 14:41

Excellent! Lots of people interested, hopefully the bidding war towards the end will push it over £1000.

robgomm 19 Nov 2011 15:15

Also I notice rather smugly that Meats is one of the highest valued so far, and there are a LOT of signed bears!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:58.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02282 seconds with 11 queries.