mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The History of Meat Loaf Live (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19236)

Wario 06 Jun 2013 02:32

The History of Meat Loaf Live
 
For those whove never seen the full broadcast:

YouTube Video

Sebastian. 06 Jun 2013 02:41

Brilliant!

AndrewG 06 Jun 2013 03:34

Thanks for posting this. :))

Only ever saw the shortened MTV broadcast. AFL, Took the words, Lemon, Rock n Roll Dreams and Paradise and that was it. There was an add break in between each of the songs. Thought that was utterly crazy but then each of those songs was pretty much 10 minutes with AFL shortened. Recorded it onto VHS and watched it back loads. First live Meat footage I ever saw (apart from the hits out of hell videos). Remember seeing parts of the intro of Bat during the Behind the music documentary years later so thought more footage should definitely be available. Thought this was Meat's ultimate coolness vocal on AFL and he looked so incredibly thin here. Remember my friend at the time noticing how close Meat put the mic to his nose. Totally not getting the drama of the performance!

Who would have known at the time that 20 years later Meat and Patti (and John) would still be rocking out on stage to packed venues and giving such monumental performances?! I sure as hell wouldn't have thought that. I even remember listening to a Kenny Rogers song round that time (called "twenty years ago") and I really thought "Wow 20 years is such a long time. Kenny must be old if he can remember that!". Now I realise it goes by in a flash.

Totally fell in love with Patti watching this the first time. Thought she was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen in my life with that blonde wig and sometimes very revealing dress during Paradise when Meat pulled it up. Cheers for that Meat! ;-)
And I was only 14...:oops:

anotherday 06 Jun 2013 04:20

OH! I've been SEARCHING for this forEVER! Thank you W!

tonyloaf 06 Jun 2013 06:29

Thanks chris!

Elijah's way 06 Jun 2013 08:40

His voice is chocolate to my ears. And Patti is Gods gift to man!!!

Evil Ernie 06 Jun 2013 08:40

Can you please upload 'Much Music: Intimate And Interactive'?

I know you've got it. :cool:

Wario 06 Jun 2013 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 593819)
Can you please upload 'Much Music: Intimate And Interactive'?

I know you've got it. :cool:

I will next week, its in the rotation. Just ripped the DVD :D

Evil One 06 Jun 2013 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 593819)
Can you please upload 'Much Music: Intimate And Interactive'?

Why? It's hardly Meat at his best.

loaferman61 06 Jun 2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 593826)
Why? It's hardly Meat at his best.

Yes and the annoying host hardly knows who Meat is and says let's hear some "L-I-V" vocals, he can't even spell properly.

Evil Ernie 06 Jun 2013 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 593826)
Why? It's hardly Meat at his best.

Neither are most of the more recent clips, but they seem to get enough praise.

AndrewG 06 Jun 2013 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 593839)
Neither are most of the more recent clips, but they seem to get enough praise.

Off topic and an unnecessary disrespectful dig in my opinion.

Smithie 06 Jun 2013 19:30

Thanks, Wario. One of the best Meat shows ever.

Elijah's way 06 Jun 2013 19:48

I wish they would put this out on DVD.

Evil Ernie 06 Jun 2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 593842)
Off topic and an unnecessary disrespectful dig in my opinion.

The point is that just because he's not at his best does not mean that it's not enjoyable.

tintin 07 Jun 2013 00:32

So glad i found this wonderful show, thanks for posting Wario, look forward to more :D

Wario 07 Jun 2013 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 593808)
Thanks for posting this. :))

Only ever saw the shortened MTV broadcast. AFL, Took the words, Lemon, Rock n Roll Dreams and Paradise and that was it. There was an add break in between each of the songs. Thought that was utterly crazy but then each of those songs was pretty much 10 minutes with AFL shortened. Recorded it onto VHS and watched it back loads. First live Meat footage I ever saw (apart from the hits out of hell videos). Remember seeing parts of the intro of Bat during the Behind the music documentary years later so thought more footage should definitely be available. Thought this was Meat's ultimate coolness vocal on AFL and he looked so incredibly thin here. Remember my friend at the time noticing how close Meat put the mic to his nose. Totally not getting the drama of the performance!

Who would have known at the time that 20 years later Meat and Patti (and John) would still be rocking out on stage to packed venues and giving such monumental performances?! I sure as hell wouldn't have thought that. I even remember listening to a Kenny Rogers song round that time (called "twenty years ago") and I really thought "Wow 20 years is such a long time. Kenny must be old if he can remember that!". Now I realise it goes by in a flash.

Totally fell in love with Patti watching this the first time. Thought she was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen in my life with that blonde wig and sometimes very revealing dress during Paradise when Meat pulled it up. Cheers for that Meat! ;-)
And I was only 14...:oops:

Wow Andrew. To be honest I didn't know how many people actually never saw this or the full show.

I just figured Id upload it since Im kinda running out of stuff. I though Its just a common meat loaf show everyones probably seen and it probably wont get too much attention but why not post it on fb and mlukfc for the hell of it. How wrong I was :shock:

Im so glad you all can now see the complete broadcast.

Mr. Happy 07 Jun 2013 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 593859)
To be honest I didn't know how many people actually never saw this or the full show.

The only (entire) live concerts of Meat I've seen are Storytellers, MSO, 3 Bats and GP, so all of those uploads are very, very cool. Thanks for putting them all up! :D

Wario 08 Jun 2013 00:22

dunno how many of you noticed what i did but on youTube I got asked an interesting Question:

Any reason why for the 3rd complete show running the middle part of Paradise by the Dashboard Light ('baseball commentary' section) appears to have been essentially edited out?

My Repsonce:

Yes there is. Also notice the pre recorded hot summer night speech is always edited out. Thats cause they cause the video to be blocked in Germany and a few other territories cause the play by play and summer night speech are actual clips from the studio release of BOOH. SImple as that. There are alot of German meat loaf fans out there and it isn't fair for them to get gipped.

Hope that explains everything.

AndrewG 08 Jun 2013 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 593982)
dunno how many of you noticed what i did but on youTube I got asked an interesting Question:

Any reason why for the 3rd complete show running the middle part of Paradise by the Dashboard Light ('baseball commentary' section) appears to have been essentially edited out?

My Repsonce:

Yes there is. Also notice the pre recorded hot summer night speech is always edited out. Thats cause they cause the video to be blocked in Germany and a few other territories cause the play by play and summer night speech are actual clips from the studio release of BOOH. SImple as that. There are alot of German meat loaf fans out there and it isn't fair for them to get gipped.

Hope that explains everything.

That response sounds totally made up. :lol:

RoknRollJesus 10 Jun 2013 22:56

This is awesome Chris!
I blame my inability to get anything done at work today on you though...many thanks! :lol:

Cheers!
jo

meatloaf-unofficial 12 Jun 2013 18:14

Great live gig but I would LOVE to see the NYC 1995 gig as that was fully recorded as I believe right?

Evil One 12 Jun 2013 18:29

This one?

YouTube Video

meatloaf-unofficial 12 Jun 2013 18:38

Yeah but wasn't original sin shot too along with dead ringer and afl and paradise? Remember seeing something on the bat2 DVD

Wario 12 Jun 2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatloaf-unofficial (Post 594207)
Yeah but wasn't original sin shot too along with dead ringer and afl and paradise? Remember seeing something on the bat2 DVD

dunno what youre talking about, but as far as Im a-where none were shot. THey had to retake Rubber cause a jibb hit someone in the head.

I do wish the full concert was released tho cause the set was as follows (Show was edited in a different order). In bold only audio was released:

Where The Rubber
Midnight
Life is a Lemon
Dead Ringer
Took The Words
All Revved Up
Lie For You
Amnesty
Not a Dry Eye
Bat
What you See Is What You Get (Jeff Bova was on organ for boh this and revved up as evidence in the booklet for LATW. Vocals are also the same)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:21.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02944 seconds with 11 queries.