I've thought about this thread a lot today. By all means, speak to Childline etc. However, please remember to respect your mum's feelings too. I'm a little puzzled as to how you discovered the picture. There are most likely personal, private things I don't know about my mum. Likewise, my teenagers don't know everything about my past. I don't want them to know, because it really is none of their business. For a mother to loose her child, either for medical or personal reasons, at whatever stage of the pregnancy or birth, is a terrible, painful loss, far greater than the loss you feel now. It's not easy for a woman who has suffered such a loss to talk about it either at the time, or for years afterwards.... if at all. Your mum had, and still has her own reason for not speaking to you about it. Please respect and show compassion to her for that.
I'm sorry if you don't like my reply, but I think it is important that you see this from a different angle if you can. Please don't be angry with your mum about this - she made the decision not to speak to you because it was the right thing for her to do at the time.
|