Thread: Dream Engine
View Single Post
Old 05 Feb 2006, 18:56   #43
Space Monkey
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2003
Location:  Nottingham
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymze
Also Barry Manilow destroyed Read'em and Weap, he turned it into a really soppy ear aching love song when it was meant to be an operatic ballad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding
I don't think you can blame Mr.Manilow for that, since it was Steinman who produced the song and therefor it must be how he felt it should be done.
Manilow didn't like Jim's original's production. Steinman (http://www.jimsteinman.com/sexlies.htm):
"The version I did unfortunately never got heard - he refused to release it, and I had to remix it. It was very powerful, though, some of the best guitars and loudest drums I've ever put on."

So not true.
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.04885 seconds with 13 queries.