Thread: PITP
View Single Post
Old 07 Jul 2003, 23:12   #50
Black Queen
Rookie
 
Join Date: 29.05.2003
Location: Now London, was Devon - UK!
Posts: 6
Default

Fire Ball - you rocked man! I was at Plymouth (was a 4 hour drive from where I now live in London, though Devon is home) but worth every second of the 4 hours there and 4 hours back! It was an awesome gig - THANK YOU! I've never seen Plymouth so excited and so many people pack the Pavilions in all my life. Mega!

As for PITP - it's tosh, man. They used you for lots of publicity for it and then messed you around, performance-wise. It's full of little pop "stars" (using that term v v lightly!) who only mimed to tapes and did fancy dance routines! V easy to do that. What you did, performing live in that environment with no sound checks and all that mayhem takes a true artist.

The only positive thing as far as I can see, is that you got to play to a much wider audience than you would normally have - families, young kids who like pop and not necessarily rock, and many who perhaps have never heard you before. Plus the TV coverage of a live concert for a wider audience. That can never do you harm. It's just the way it was all handled.

But, what can you do? To hell with it - onwards and upwards! We love ya - you have SO much support out here and I know I speak for all the great people on here at least who can't wait to see you live in November and December. Plymouth has whetted my appetite... ROCK ON!!!
Black Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.03404 seconds with 13 queries.