View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2003, 04:24   #8
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Dottie wrote:
Quote:
Hi RSG - I'm a big fan of this movie - probably because of the music, and the guy who plays Meat Loaf does actually look like him. I'd say definitly tape or buy, it skirts around the actual story of Meat Loafs life, but the inclusions, go somewayto make up for the exclusions.
I agrre and I enjoyed this too Dottie. I'd recommend anyone watching it to remember it's a TV biopic and not a documentary, but it shows Meat's rise, the fall back into hell, and his resurrection upo to the time he won the Grammy basically. As you say the inclusions went a good way to making up for the exclusions, and what inaccuracies there were didn't amount to much more than you'd expect in a TV version.

I thought as well as showing what Meat has described himself as a trait of wanting to run away from bad stuff, it showed his indomitable ability to get back on his feet and fight his way back. And I thought Earl did a good job portraying him.

Best thing RSG? .. watch it and make your own mind up :) I remember at the time of its original showing the OIFC board was full of messages from people who'd found it inspiring. Just don't expect it to be Meat. It's an actor following a script
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 13 queries.