It doesn't matter to me personally in terms of being able to hear Meat's recordings, but I think it matters to the performer to be excluded from radio playlists. Airtime is a way of being introduced to a new audience, and when new albums are released it's surely of particular importance?
When CHSIB came out I tried to get my local stations to play the single; always the same .. not on their playlist. I finally managed to get one of the DJs on the phone, who told me the only way he'd even consider playing it was if Meat himself phone in and asked

When Meat heard he actually did phone in. When they knew he was phoning in they had to phone me to get a copy of the album .. I presume someone had pinched/sold the copy they would have been sent as part of the promotion simply because he wasn't on the playlist the suits had set.
Meat phoned in, they played it the once, and not again
Airtime when an album is released helps sales, and introduces the singer to a new audience. That's why it matters to me as a fan.