View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2016, 19:43   #8
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.09.2016
Location: In front of a computer, duh.
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
It doesn't sound like one to me, but it does FEEL like one. I hear a man of indeterminate age looking back and experiencing all those feelings of anger and frustration as if they're happening again right now, so as the song unfolds I feel and then hear all those emotions of the 19 year old
To each their own. I hear in the lyrics (and the voice and the feel, not that that's the point) the emotions of an old man disparaging the youth. A 19 year old may very well be angry at the world for a variety of reasons, but I highly doubt they would be that vituperative. (I say this as someone who was very recently 19.)

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 28 Sep 2016 at 19:51.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
 

Page generated in 0.02607 seconds with 13 queries.