View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2005, 10:48   #1
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Default Meat Loaf B-Sides

been collecting these lately (from all over the place) but I haven't been able to find their origins (of recording). Come Together sounds like it was recorded in 1983 and left off Midnight at the Lost and Found. Let it Be and Oh What a Beautiful Mornin' sound like outtakes from Welcome to the Neighborhood & Stand by Me sounds like it was taken in the Bat sessions (he has a similar-sounding voice to the one on Two Out of Three Ain't Bad: which was apparently sped up in some way). Anyone know for sure?

Some of them sound really crap, quality-wise, like studio demos that were never intended for release. R.P.M. on the Rock and Roll Mercenaries single takes the line about radio waves from Dance in my Pants (with the songwriting credits of John Golden and Meat Loaf). Wonder if that was meant to be on Blind? Haven't heard Take a Number: but Clap Your Hands was done in the 70s: and so (most likely) wasn't a cut track from Bad Attitude. I have Lost Love on the Australian 1993 edition of Hits Out of Hell (and had that of been on Midnight at the Lost and Found: they could have had a hugehit and turned that album around IMO. Such a fine song). Still haven't Unsaid or Decadent Wish: or some others like Thrashin' or Hearts on Fire: but Time for Heroes is a wicked song I've been playing a bit lately. Don't know why I like it.. something about it...

According to the production credits on the Bat Out of Hell single Jim Steinman played Percussion (lol Susan was right?). But yeah... does anyone know the dates for all these b-sides? for certain? I can determine the times they were recorded (because he has a certain voice which relates to the sound of his records: and it's a different voice each time) but need clarification
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02867 seconds with 14 queries.