View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2005, 13:55   #2
Diane
Super Moderator

Hope this of some help Ryan:

Come Together - Recorded live for ABC's Nightline programme along with Let It Be, as part of a short documentary on Meat at the time of the release of WTTN, so would be around 1995/6.

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Produced by Ron Nevison so presumably recorded during the WTTN sessions.

Stand By Me - Meat was in England in 1974 to play Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The cast also recorded the soundtrack to the movie while they were there and Meat was hauled back into the studio to lay down 2 tracks Stand By Me (Ben E. King) and Clap Your Hands And Stamp Your Feet (Richard Hartley & Brian Thompson - musical director/arranger & designer from RHPS). The 2 tracks were pressed onto 7" vinyl, ODE ODS 66304 but not released until 1984 as b-sides on the Nowhere Fast 12" single. Only Clap Your Hands featured on the b-side of the 7" single. Some copies of the original ODE single have "escaped" but, along with the Popcorn Blizzard single Hello/Once Upon A Time, are probably the most elusive (and most expensive!) to track down.

RPM - credited as 1986 on the Rock 'n' Roll Mercenaries single so I assume a "leftover" from the BBIS album.

Thrashin' only plays during the credits for the movie of the same title and as far as I know a soundtrack was never released. I have never heard a full version of the song anywhere.

Hearts On Fire is from the movie Car Trouble and can be found on the movie soundtrack. This was recorded around the time of Bad Attitude and is very much in that mould. According to the newsletters of Meat's fan club at the time it had been intended to release Hearts On Fire as a single but the idea was shelved.

It's a pity to me that Unsaid and Decadent Wish didn't make it onto CHSIB. Both are strong songs in my opinion.

I agree that Lost Love is a really good song and in my opinion would have been a better choice than other songs which were included on MATL&F. I'm not so convinced that it could have been a huge hit single though.

I think the "something about" A Time For Heroes is the fact it is such an uplifting song and absolutely ideal for the purpose it was intended. I like this one a lot.

Meat must have recorded loads of other songs over the years that have never been released anywhere. He's mentioned some titles in interviews. Can't help wondering if one day these may show up somewhere.

Diane
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02990 seconds with 14 queries.