View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2005, 20:28   #4
Diane
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005
Is there two versions of this song? The one I have sounds like it was recorded in a studio in the very early 80s. The one from '96 would have the older Meat Loaf voice (like the one I have of Let it Be) whereas the C.T. recording I have indicates a lot younger Meat. I remember also reading that he recorded (both) these songs in 1980 after the death of John Lennon
I've only ever heard the '96 versions Ryan.

I don't know that Oh, What A Beautiful Morning would have really fit on WTTN. Meat has stated his interest in playing the part of Jud in Oklahoma and after hearing his version of OWABM I think he would do very well in that kind of musical.

Quote:
Sounds like a fair bit of stuff was recorded for B.A. and not used? Take a Number and something else, I'm sure of it.
Meat has talked about others in interviews. Shimmy In The Footlights springs to mind and a song he wrote about John Belushi, Jimi Hendrix & Janis Joplin called Angel Road:

"Eyes been open, but the books been closed
Suns gone down but the blaze goes on
You give up the ghost and the earth takes the bones
But we don't travel alone
We travel down Angel Road."

Would have loved to have heard that one!

Quote:
I really liked what I heard of Decadent Wish. When FUNHOUSE was first announced (seems aeons ago) D.W. was on the reported tracklist with six other songs at the time. The rest had yet to be written. Also, when I did an internet search once (before the release of CHSIB) it was given as the temporary title of MEAT LOAF - JOURNEY. Did you know about that one? Because I've never been able to find that reference since (or on any other sites): also: the duet between Meat Loaf and Christine Aguilera: and a cover of 'I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight'

Yeah, I heard some weird stuff before CHSIB's release
I didn't know about the Journey title. There is an acetate from when the album was still being called Testify and that has both Unsaid and Decadent Wish on it. Songs missing from this version are Couldn't Have Said It Better, Forever Young, Mercury Blues and Because Of You.

I don't remember hearing about I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight. Would have been interesting I think as would a duet with Christine Aguilera.

[QUOTE=rockfenris2005]The only ones I've heard is a weird song title (can't remember it) of a song Jim Steinman was supposed to write for WTTN; also a title song for WTTN that was meant to take place before Where the Rubber; as well as Shadowlands on CHSIB. And many many many covers[QUOTE]
Shadowlands is a real country song ... it would have been interesting to hear what Meat would have done with it.

Quote:
Also, Gregg Fulkerson composed a song for Bat Out of Hell II (Date With Destiny) when Steinman was taking his time on the album. It never got recorded because Jim wanted the album to be his content. When I told Fireball about this song, he had never heard of it. Also: he had completely forgotten RPM (even though his writing credit appears on the song)
I would love to hear Meat sing Date With Destiny. Ever since I first heard it I thought it would suit Meat's voice perfectly.

Diane
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 14 queries.