mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06 Aug 2008, 15:48   #1
AndyK
Relentless
 
Join Date: 21.11.2003
Location:  Over the top..... seeing what's on the other side
Posts: 18,694
Default Meat back in the charts again ...

ok so it's the Rock charts, but ICBTMN re-entered at 27 and Cry Over Me re-entered at 28 last week!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rocksingles.shtml
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 16:25   #2
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
ok so it's the Rock charts, but ICBTMN re-entered at 27 and Cry Over Me re-entered at 28 last week!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rocksingles.shtml
I'd say that Casa Tour caused the chart positions, but neither are on the set list
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 16:34   #3
Kev
Just Kev
 
Join Date: 01.06.2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,857
Default

I'd say its bollocks and those pages are just made up to fill space :)

Having seen the sales figures there isn't a Meat Loaf single in the top 500 and there certainly are more rocks singles in the chart than 28.

But, Meat was in the top 200 album charts this week (and for the last 5 weeks) with 'Hits Out Of Hell' and the top 50 DVD chart (and for the last 3 months) with Storytellers.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 16:35   #4
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"
 
Join Date: 29.11.2003
Location:  Liverpool
Posts: 5,362
Default

slight surprise but it serves to me as all the more reason why there should have been some heavier songs released
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 16:41   #5
Kev
Just Kev
 
Join Date: 01.06.2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,857
Default

I think Meat is done with Universal now, or they are done with him.

I know there was talk about a 2 album contract extention, but heard nothing more on that now.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 17:48   #6
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icwuke View Post
I think Meat is done with Universal now, or they are done with him.

I know there was talk about a 2 album contract extention, but heard nothing more on that now.
Hopefully its Meat that's done with Universal, cause if it was the other way around that'd be too depressing to shudder

And holy crap ..... 700 posts!
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 00:31   #7
Paul191
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 26.11.2005
Location:  
Posts: 1,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icwuke View Post
I'd say its bollocks and those pages are just made up to fill space :)

Ah well. At least, it seems, somebody at Radio 1 likes Meat.
Paul191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 01:53   #8
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
 
Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:  New Zealand
Posts: 5,532
Default

Since IACBTMN or COM wasn't performed at any gigs on this tour (I don't think) that chart is a load of arse.

I don't know if Meat is done with Universal or vice versa but since Meat is no longer listed on Tenth Streets website as a client anymore, I'd say something went down after Bat3.

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 14:01   #9
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 24.07.2006
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Since IACBTMN or COM wasn't performed at any gigs on this tour (I don't think) that chart is a load of arse.

I don't know if Meat is done with Universal or vice versa but since Meat is no longer listed on Tenth Streets website as a client anymore, I'd say something went down after Bat3.

Pud
Perhaps this is what's causing the delays with the new album since Meat said in the most recent interview that things weren't moving fast enough for him.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2008, 15:38   #10
RadioMaster
The German
 
Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:  some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos...
Posts: 15,778
Default

what delays?
He's still touring and said he'd start recording this autumn...that's pretty fast for his standards.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 00:21   #11
RSG
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 27.07.2003
Location:  Canada
Posts: 3,296
Default

I wouldnt be bummed at all if Universal dropped Meat, because to me the reality is what he has done so far is worth applauding. He's a very special kinda guy... Besides... Bull In A China Shop! *shrug*
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 00:33   #12
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
 
Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:  New Zealand
Posts: 5,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
what delays?
He's still touring and said he'd start recording this autumn...that's pretty fast for his standards.
Doesn't Meat usually record an album just after a tour? that way his vocal chords are warmed up. I think he did with CHSIB and TMIL

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2008, 12:43   #13
24K
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 20.10.2003
Location:  WAY UP NORTH
Posts: 1,923
Default

I thought thats what he did as well.
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.05432 seconds with 15 queries.