Old 20 Oct 2011, 20:58   #48876
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

read it now, thanks
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2011, 22:01   #48877
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Hates when people take a simple joke too far so it's lost all humour !
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 02:00   #48878
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
read it now, thanks
No worries!
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 19:49   #48879
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

derren is on tonight
Old 22 Oct 2011, 09:42   #48880
Sarge
Mega Loafer

For a second I thought someone had returned to this place but it was just someone else using that member's avatar.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2011, 13:33   #48881
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

that was a good documentary about marketing meat for the bat 2 campaign

when russel watson performed with meat, was the whole concert filmed or just bat???
Old 23 Oct 2011, 20:20   #48882
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

tis a bit wet out
Old 23 Oct 2011, 22:07   #48883
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

where have the negative comments been made about the afl performance etc etc... is it mainly on facebook/twitter/youtube comments?
Old 23 Oct 2011, 22:13   #48884
Sebastian.
Biggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
where have the negative comments been made about the afl performance etc etc... is it mainly on facebook/twitter/youtube comments?
Pretty much. Plus the New Papers/companies websites.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2011, 22:16   #48885
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

that would explain why i haven't seen very many... dont have fb or twitter, and didnt read many youtube comments... made my own mind up

and as the newpapers are in oz, didnt go searching for what they were saying lol

if it hadn't been for here i probably would have had no idea the media/cyber bullies/sheep were being so harsh
Old 24 Oct 2011, 03:25   #48886
melon
Long Distance Loafer

We all know that people are gonna hate, there is always a portion, its the nature of the beast, but why do they have to be so harsh and mean to a guy they don't even know, if they did they would know he doesn't deserve the treatment he has gotten.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 04:39   #48887
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
We all know that people are gonna hate, there is always a portion, its the nature of the beast, but why do they have to be so harsh and mean to a guy they don't even know, if they did they would know he doesn't deserve the treatment he has gotten.
Couldn't have said it better myself Mel.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2011, 07:27   #48888
juniper
Super Loafer

Quote:
easier to hate one they don't even know.
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2011, 15:49   #48889
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Why people must be so downright UGLY escapes me. There must be something seriously lacking in their own lives to make them lash out at others so maliciously. Perhaps it is easier doing that than attempting to confront their own demons in an effort to make things right from within?

A reviewer must, imo, be totally unbiased - it should be a professional requirement of the job, but naturally, an unbiased nature can't be policed. Sure, not every review is going to be positive, but there is absolutely no need for brutal, poisonous personal flaying.

And as Mel points out, Meat certainly doesn't deserve this treatment. Not only is Meat imo one of the greatest performers of all time, he is a true humanitarian. He is a NICE man. He's a passionate man, and passion, imo, is one of Meat's cornerstone traits that makes him such an unforgettable performer. And yes, sometimes the passion manifests in other ways, such as self-defense, but Meat is not a bronze statue - he is a human being.

Meat's exhaustive efforts on Celebrity Apprentice on behalf of his charity, The Painted Turtle, were simply incredibly. And, when frustrated by circumstances he could not control, he was shamelessly moved to tears on behalf of the kids of The Painted Turtle. Did he care that his tears would be seen by millions? No, of course not, because that is the kind of man Meat is ~ unafraid to show his human side, and it's that human side that makes me especially proud to be a life-long Meat Loaf fan.

Just sayin'.

Sue
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2011, 16:46   #48890
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Oh and now its my turn for the kick in the guts..... pleasant
Old 24 Oct 2011, 23:30   #48891
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Why people must be so downright UGLY escapes me. There must be something seriously lacking in their own lives to make them lash out at others so maliciously. Perhaps it is easier doing that than attempting to confront their own demons in an effort to make things right from within?

A reviewer must, imo, be totally unbiased - it should be a professional requirement of the job, but naturally, an unbiased nature can't be policed. Sure, not every review is going to be positive, but there is absolutely no need for brutal, poisonous personal flaying.

And as Mel points out, Meat certainly doesn't deserve this treatment. Not only is Meat imo one of the greatest performers of all time, he is a true humanitarian. He is a NICE man. He's a passionate man, and passion, imo, is one of Meat's cornerstone traits that makes him such an unforgettable performer. And yes, sometimes the passion manifests in other ways, such as self-defense, but Meat is not a bronze statue - he is a human being.

Meat's exhaustive efforts on Celebrity Apprentice on behalf of his charity, The Painted Turtle, were simply incredibly. And, when frustrated by circumstances he could not control, he was shamelessly moved to tears on behalf of the kids of The Painted Turtle. Did he care that his tears would be seen by millions? No, of course not, because that is the kind of man Meat is ~ unafraid to show his human side, and it's that human side that makes me especially proud to be a life-long Meat Loaf fan.

Just sayin'.

Sue
Couldn't agree more SueL! People have little to do, they really do! They are simply sick and twisted individuals with nothing else to do. Most likely on government benifits and not wanting to work, so they bully people on line! But they only go that far as they haven't got the balls to face people, like Meat, in person! You know, even though I'm only 32, I was brought up old school, like many. If I was caught being nasty that way, I would have got a serve, a smack and priviledges taken away. I was always taught you had to respect others, there opinions, tell the truth, show love and care and compassion. To show common courtesy! But these days! Well the evidence is here and on face book! It's horrid! Old traditions have gone and the younger generation just don't care! As for the press, they are getting worse and worse, and they don't care who they leave in their wake. It's a Mad Mad World we live in!
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2011, 23:37   #48892
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
easier to hate one they don't even know.
That's a bit unfair isn't it????????? You would be not considering the fact what sort of a person they could be!!!! You take Meat! I haven't met him, but wish to! I listen to ALL his music, I try and help out TPT/LFTT, I read stuff about him, I discuss him in groups, and you know what? I love the guy! There is nothing to hate there mate!!!! He's loving, caring, compassionate, big hearted, charismatic, and just a beautiful soul! And I didn't learn that from knowing him in the flesh, but from what I was reading and hearing about him, and from going to his concert too! As the age old saying goes "Don't judge a book by it's cover!"
Old 24 Oct 2011, 23:43   #48893
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more there Melon! Unfortunately though, the next generations coming up the line have a totally differently attitude in life and don't really get taught all the morals etc in life! How to treat people, well they don't seem to comprehend how to do that properly! I'm lucky, where I'm sending Jessica to school, they teach all this stuff and with Dave and I teaching her that to she is in for a better chance in life and won't be so rude and crude like the younger ones bagging out Meat now! If only they took a moment to know the guy, then they might change their ways!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 00:16   #48894
juniper
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
That's a bit unfair isn't it????????? You would be not considering the fact what sort of a person they could be!!!! You take Meat! I haven't met him, but wish to! I listen to ALL his music, I try and help out TPT/LFTT, I read stuff about him, I discuss him in groups, and you know what? I love the guy! There is nothing to hate there mate!!!! He's loving, caring, compassionate, big hearted, charismatic, and just a beautiful soul! And I didn't learn that from knowing him in the flesh, but from what I was reading and hearing about him, and from going to his concert too! As the age old saying goes "Don't judge a book by it's cover!"
uuhh, I think you totally miscontrued and missed my point. From a societal viewpoint, I do believe, perhaps, it's easier for people to cyber-bully someone anonymously, someone they do not even know, because if they were for one second to know someone, for example, Meat Loaf, they would not cyber-bully them or be a hater.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 00:39   #48895
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
Couldn't agree more SueL! People have little to do, they really do! They are simply sick and twisted individuals with nothing else to do. Most likely on government benifits and not wanting to work, so they bully people on line! But they only go that far as they haven't got the balls to face people, like Meat, in person! You know, even though I'm only 32, I was brought up old school, like many. If I was caught being nasty that way, I would have got a serve, a smack and priviledges taken away. I was always taught you had to respect others, there opinions, tell the truth, show love and care and compassion. To show common courtesy! But these days! Well the evidence is here and on face book! It's horrid! Old traditions have gone and the younger generation just don't care! As for the press, they are getting worse and worse, and they don't care who they leave in their wake. It's a Mad Mad World we live in!
Thanks, Lyn; I agree with everything you said as well. And as for it being a Mad, Mad World, whoa!, how true is that? To Hell in a Handbasket could not be a more apt title for Meat's latest album.

If the human race doesn't wise up enough to stop things from spiraling so out of control and it all falls straight into hell, all hope is gone for future generations. And that's damn scary.

Sue
Old 25 Oct 2011, 01:17   #48896
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
uuhh, I think you totally miscontrued and missed my point. From a societal viewpoint, I do believe, perhaps, it's easier for people to cyber-bully someone anonymously, someone they do not even know, because if they were for one second to know someone, for example, Meat Loaf, they would not cyber-bully them or be a hater.

Originally Posted by lyn

Hi Lyn!! I just realized when I finished my last message (it was to you), that we have talked many times on FB. You know I tell it like I see it, and I do think you mis-interpreted Juniper's post.

What I think happened is that we're all trying to convey our own feelings about this "hate factor" that is so abhorrent to everyone, and we're all saying it differently but meaning the same thing. I think "seeing" Meat so upset today has thrown everyone for a loop, but Juniper is one of the good guys. Who is a girl.

Do you know what I'm trying to say? More often than not, I confuse myself! But not this time. It's cool, believe me.

Sue
Old 25 Oct 2011, 02:02   #48897
juniper
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Originally Posted by lyn

Hi Lyn!! I just realized when I finished my last message (it was to you), that we have talked many times on FB. You know I tell it like I see it, and I do think you mis-interpreted Juniper's post.

What I think happened is that we're all trying to convey our own feelings about this "hate factor" that is so abhorrent to everyone, and we're all saying it differently but meaning the same thing. I think "seeing" Meat so upset today has thrown everyone for a loop, but Juniper is one of the good guys. Who is a girl.

Do you know what I'm trying to say? More often than not, I confuse myself! But not this time. It's cool, believe me.

Sue
Thank you Sue! Emotions are running high! We love our guy and it's hard to see him going through this.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 16:27   #48898
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Hrmm, seeing as all seems to be ok in the land of loaf tonight, I may make it to bed before midnight tonight!! Oh that will be so gooooood.

Its been regularly 2/3/4am bed times since halfway through the Aussie Tour lol..... It was 4.30am bed after the Perth concert lmao

I am shattered.... the other night I actually had twitches.....
Old 25 Oct 2011, 20:06   #48899
A Slice Of English

Girl: What was Earth called before man existed?

Me: By whom...?
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2011, 23:15   #48900
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

failed me exam with 72%

shouldda done some work for it