ChloeLee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2006, 22:38   #27
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip
Hi Mr Plant !
I couldn't agree more ... the DVD is absolutely fantasic
And every time I've seen Meat in concert, he still amazes me ... I truly hope you get the opportunity to see him live when he tours for Bat 3 !!
hi evryone!!!
Well, as you can see, I'm new around here, so if this is wrong in here, i'm sry!

My question is: do you actually think there will be another tour??? on evry site i visited, there was not much hope that he'll do that!! do you have other informations??

by the way: Great ML source here!!! I'm a new fan, so i still have to find out evrything about him but here I'm on the news! thx
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2006, 00:02   #28
SuperLoafMan
Meat Loaf Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles89
hi evryone!!!
Well, as you can see, I'm new around here, so if this is wrong in here, i'm sry!

My question is: do you actually think there will be another tour??? on evry site i visited, there was not much hope that he'll do that!! do you have other informations??

by the way: Great ML source here!!! I'm a new fan, so i still have to find out evrything about him but here I'm on the news! thx
There will definitely be another tour....I am sure of it.
SuperLoafMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2006, 16:38   #29
Trudy67
Junior Loafer

Welcome All the Newbies

We can only hope and pray that Meat does another tour. As Ive admitted before, I have only been to one concert. First I was banned by my father, then I never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Finally got to see him on the Last World Tour. Which I hope really isnt his last.

I know that Meat said somewhere. Cant remember if it was in a concert or in his book, that whats the point of performing the songs the same as whats on the album. You might as well just buy the album. I know they arnt his exact words but thats what he means. I love the way he changes things around. Makes me want to buy everything that I can as you never know what you are going to get.

Have a good night everyone Im off to bed. Work tomorrow

Bye For Now
Trudy
Trudy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2006, 17:39   #30
Diane
Super Moderator

Quote:
hi evryone!!!
Hi Bubbles89 and welcome. You can visit Mark Alexander's (Meat's pianist/keyboard player) site where there is just a little mention of a tour! Click here and read the "latest word" from Mark.

Quote:
Thank you and happy reading!

Diane
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 03:09   #31
Jackoutofhell
Super Loafer

Totally awesome DVD, I agree.
Jackoutofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2006, 03:43   #32
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

This is fantasic and yes have that concert too, the commentary is a blast, I love it very much!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2006, 18:17   #33
connie
Rookie

your right the dvd us great,i have seen him live 4 times, newcastle metro areana,twice,leeds square , and his last one harewood house in leeds , cc was good but pearl was a miss, it was good to c farther and daughter on stage. hope he tours with bat 3 next year, and u get to c him
connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2006, 19:17   #34
Kathy
Super Loafer

Add me to the long list of people who love the MSO DVD! I love Storytellers too but MSO is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomaster
The big difference between Meatīs concerts and those of other "rockstars" is that he isnīt afraid to fall out of his role or play a little game like:

"Paradise....by...the dash-....-board...
(to K. Levenson)
I thing you hit the note a little bit early!
Cut! Letīs go back!
by the dash-...-board...light. Give him a big hand!!!"

Or on storytellers:
Patti sings: "Sooner or later youīll be screwing around!"
Meat: "why did you say thet?
Patti: Because thatīs the lyric!
Meat: Oh, Okay, (sings) I wonīt do that!"

Such things are great! I donīt know many other artists who are doing such things
R.
I agree! and it's so much fun when it's at a live show and they do these funny bits - and there are lots of little differences from show to show on the same tour. Even when the setlist is exactly the same, the show itself is always fresh, always new and exciting.. Can you tell I'm looking forward to Bat3
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2006, 22:24   #35
Jeanie
Super Loafer

I agree, it's one of the great things that sets Meat apart from other performers,and makes every performance special for the fans. As he's not afraid to change things around, add or subtract bits from show to show, it's always a treat to see what he'll do differant each time. I love it!!

J.
Jeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2006, 22:56   #36
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
I agree, it's one of the great things that sets Meat apart from other performers,and makes every performance special for the fans. As he's not afraid to change things around, add or subtract bits from show to show, it's always a treat to see what he'll do differant each time. I love it!!

J.
Right you are
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2006, 00:10   #37
Bat out of Friesland
Junior Loafer

Saturday 27th of May, I bought the DVD "Meat Loaf live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra". That day I've heard it too and I never can get enough of it. Tonight I've heard it with commentary, but it drives me crazy.

One thing I don't like is the end of the song "For Crying out Loud". It just liked Meat Loaf forgot the text....

But this DVD is the first Live DVD I bought and I like it. (I think everybody likes it.)
Bat out of Friesland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2006, 11:18   #38
JanT
Mega Loafer

Default Brilliant!

My kids bought me the DVD for my birthday, I must say, I really enjoyed it, have watched it umpteen times and will watch it umpteen more times, the atmosphere during "Couldn't have said it better" was amazing, I willed her to go hug him. Clearly they are both excellent actors.
JanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:35   #39
mikeloaf
Super Loafer

One thing I can never understand is why the audience is sat down nearly all the time. Are people near the front told to sit down by stewards? Or are they just being lazy? Or is it 'cultural'. The crowd at the show I went to in Birmingham seemed much livlier. Always seems to me that these MSO audiences are not responding too or giving much back. I'm I the only one to notice this?
mikeloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 21:01   #40
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloaf
One thing I can never understand is why the audience is sat down nearly all the time. Are people near the front told to sit down by stewards? Or are they just being lazy? Or is it 'cultural'. The crowd at the show I went to in Birmingham seemed much livlier. Always seems to me that these MSO audiences are not responding too or giving much back. I'm I the only one to notice this?
I think nearly everyone noticed that.
I think that the audience were on the one hand ML fans and on the other hand people who listen to classical, symphonical music, which would visit every MSO concert, so these people are not the common "rockers"....
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2006, 12:02   #41
Jackoutofhell
Super Loafer

I love it too, so I'll state the best moments and the worst moments.

BEST: For Crying Out Loud (Completely breathtaking, I'm always on the verge of crying after that one)

Everything else is great, but that's my fav.

WORST: The way Patti looks when she sings, "screwing around" on the end of AFL. It drives me crazy! No offense, but I hate the way she does that, just makes me cringe! Something with her face.

Also, she sounds too glorified when she yells, "stop right there!" on Paradise, and that's just ick.

Otherwise, perfect DVD!
Jackoutofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2006, 15:14   #42
RadioMaster
The German

Yeah, Iīve noticed that too, itīs the way she sits on that couch and looks down to him...
Old 04 Jul 2006, 15:33   #43
vrg
Super Loafer

Radiomaster: "Yeah, Iīve noticed that too, itīs the way she sits on that couch and looks down to him..."

Jackoutofhell: "... WORST: The way Patti looks when she sings, "screwing around" on the end of AFL. It drives me crazy! No offense, but I hate the way she does that, just makes me cringe! Something with her face."

Fellows:

Patti acts her role in AFL perfectly. At the risk of sounding life-worn, you must understand that when a woman is accusing a man of 'screwing around', or forecasting that he will do so, she doesn't want to hug and kiss him at that moment, BELIEVE ME!
vrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2006, 15:40   #44
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrg
Radiomaster: "Yeah, Iīve noticed that too, itīs the way she sits on that couch and looks down to him..."

Jackoutofhell: "... WORST: The way Patti looks when she sings, "screwing around" on the end of AFL. It drives me crazy! No offense, but I hate the way she does that, just makes me cringe! Something with her face."

Fellows:

Patti acts her role in AFL perfectly. At the risk of sounding life-worn, you must understand that when a woman is accusing a man of 'screwing around', or forecasting that he will do so, she doesn't want to hug and kiss him at that moment, BELIEVE ME!

Wowowow....calm down please!
That shouldnt be an offense, I just tried to say that the way she looks isnt great, I wasnt talking about acting. I meant things like tha camera angle or the light setting.
Imo the MSO interpretation of AFL is one of his best...
*afraid, creeping under the desk*
Old 04 Jul 2006, 15:56   #45
vrg
Super Loafer

LOL: I didn't mean to scare you, and I wasn't taking offense at all. I just wanted to make sure you understand how a woman feels at that moment you were talking about. You're right, it isn't a pretty expression, but a woman is only feeling anger at a moment like that, and Patti was dead-on with her expression of that.
Old 04 Jul 2006, 16:02   #46
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I wouldn't cheat on Patti, does that help me to get into her good books?
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2006, 16:59   #47
vrg
Super Loafer

It should, Musicman, it should.
Old 04 Jul 2006, 22:33   #48
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrg
It should, Musicman, it should.
Lol.

Anyway, Mr Plant, I share your view. The MSO DVD is absolutely f-ing awesome, and I never nearly swear on here! Also, the live version of BOOH is (in my opinion) also f-ing awesome, and I prefer it to the album version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plant
For someone his age - he blows everyone else out the water!! More talent in his pinkie than in some twenty-something pop star wannabes of today!!!
Absolutely - whatever age he is, has been, or will be, he blows EVERYONE else away - regardless of their age! Rock on Fire Ball.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2006, 23:16   #49
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

ahhem....mind if i interrupt here? yeahhh...rhetorical questions....stupid, i know

so, my question: did you ever notice that on the pre-show-ritual meat is calling for a lady called deborah....?! could it be.....?

i have never seen a single pic of *the* deborah, but did any of you?
i mean it could of course be a coincidence....what dyou think?
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2006, 00:07   #50
Gina
Senior Loafer

Go on getty images, wireimage, corbis and you find loads of pics of Meat and Deborah at various events.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote