Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 23 Jul 2009, 16:12   #651
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I don't even understand what he sings between "let's go upstairs to" and "more than enough" (?). Can't imagine that he would mumble like that on an actual recording.
He's shaking too much aswell, he needs to focus more on the voice. Bringing up and out the vocals, and holding the note. It would sound a lot more clear that way.
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 16:59   #652
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 17:24   #653
CarylB
Mega Loafer

What I hear is:

Let's be in love, Let's be in love, Let's go upstairs until we've both had enough

For me .. words sound interesting, voice sounds like the Meat I love, and for me it's the passion in his delivery which makes it Meat.

It's a fragment from a recording, and I thank him for it. Makes me look forward to being able to get the album, play it, ride the wave with him again, and look forward to riding it at a live concert :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:00   #654
WhenItComes2LovingU
Banned

Wow. If those are actually the lyrics, this is gonna be a really different turn for Meat. Goodbye, subtlety!
WhenItComes2LovingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:20   #655
RadioMaster
The German

subtlety as in "surf's up, so am I"?
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:28   #656
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
subtlety as in "surf's up, so am I"?
Tend to agree, subtley and Meat lyrics don't really go together do they?

"I want to take you in the backseat now and slowly drive you home"

And talking of driving home, think I'll do that so I can catch up on all the Twitter updates I've missed.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:49   #657
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
"I want to take you in the backseat now and slowly drive you home"
Leapt into my mind immediately Andy .. closely followed by ..

"I can't forget the feeling of your sweat against my skin
And the trembling of your body on the day you let me in
It happens once, only once, in a lifetime ..."

To be any more explicit you'd need to tie it to a flying brick .. lol ..

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 19:11   #658
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Is it? I'd have to listen to the whole song, as that video does absolutely nothing for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
have to be honest, that clip didnt sound great to me, or the few lyrics, but i am hopeful the whole song once finished will sound great!! I don't think many of Meat's songs would sound that great if we just heard a small clip of him singing them on his own, so i don't think i can give an opinion either way.
It was nice to see a clip of Meat singing though nonetheless
Quote:
I agree with Bobbin. I'm not that impressed by his vocals but it's hard to judge the quality of his singing by a clip that's just 15 seconds long. I'm actually glad to finally hear him sing in one of the videos.

Edit: I just listened to it again and the lyrics sound a little dull to me. I wonder if it is really something that's going to be on the album or a joke. The melody reminds me of his "David, David, oh David" song.
I agree with the above...also there's nothing to say that it will be the finished vocal used for this particular song...could easily be a guide track or a take

but either way i hope that it's better then the vid cause I know meat can do better than that.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 19:14   #659
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
"

To be any more explicit you'd need to tie it to a flying brick
Is that related to a flying mouse?!
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:01   #660
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
What I hear is:

Let's be in love, Let's be in love, Let's go upstairs until we've both had enough
Thanks. That would make sense although such lyrics don't knock my socks off. As for the passion, it sounds a little forced and tense to me (more acting like singing) and the Meat I love does not mumble. I still hope it's a hoax. Well, it's just 15 seconds, I'll wait and see what he'll sound like on the CD... Why do I suddenly feel the urge to listen to Bob Dylan?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:20   #661
nikox1
Mega Loafer

you like cats singing?
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:55   #662
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Maybe, depends on the cat.

Last edited by Sarge; 23 Jul 2009 at 21:12.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 22:10   #663
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Thanks. That would make sense although such lyrics don't knock my socks off. As for the passion, it sounds a little forced and tense to me (more acting like singing) and the Meat I love does not mumble. I still hope it's a hoax. Well, it's just 15 seconds, I'll wait and see what he'll sound like on the CD... Why do I suddenly feel the urge to listen to Bob Dylan?
to be fair, he knew there was a camera filming him, so he might have just wanted to give us a little taste of his acting
Quote:
Maybe, depends on the cat.
i prefer cat stevens
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 23:49   #664
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
while all this top gear talk is highly entertaining, I'd like to remind everyone to stay on topic.
I agree with the fat German And anyone who takes Top Gear seriously in any way shape or form needs to up their meds
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 00:32   #665
Pudding

Meatgril mode

I don't think you're a saboteur if you don't like something, you're expressing an opinion and after hearing the final cut, I still don't like it.

However, that's a small part of a larger song which inturn is one song off an whole album. I don't think anyone has used that tiny part and said the whole album is crap, so Meat needs to chill a little methinks.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 02:54   #666
Sarge
Mega Loafer

For a second I thought MeatGrl1 was back.

He's right regarding what he says about artists usually not leaking much about the recording process. I guess one of the reasons why they don't do it is because of what's happened right now. Some people might not like what they hear, express a "negative" opinion and that might disturb the artist.

I appreciate that we get to see and hear a lot but I don't think that obligates me to suck up and claim I like something if I actually don't.

Quote:
[...] and after hearing the final cut, I still don't like it.
I listened to it several times and I really tried to like it but in vain, I'm sorry. I have been listening to his music for many years and that particular piece just sounds different (to me) and not as good as I expect Meat Loaf to sound like.
I usually like his singing, even on songs that I consider rather weak (he has the ability to make even such songs sound interesting and special) and I liked every bit of music I've heard in the videos so far but this is the first one I'm not overly excited about.
Don't know what the entire song sounds like, maybe I'll like it? There are some songs on the Beatles' White Album that I don't like to listen to, yet the album as a whole is one of my favorites.

I might not like what I heard on those two clips but others do, so what's the problem? People sometimes disagree on certain issues, that's normal.

Quote:
However, that's a small part of a larger song which inturn is one song off an whole album. I don't think anyone has used that tiny part and said the whole album is crap.
Well, I understand that he's pissed off because he puts a lot of effort in it and wants people to appreciate his work. It sometimes appears as if he pays more attention to negative comments than to positive ones (but then again many people tend to do that).

Anyway, calling long-time fans "saboteurs" and "amateur vocal coaches" is just not fair.
Even if people say something that appears negative - it shows that they care about what the artist is doing. (!)

I'm here to discuss certain Meat Loaf related topics with other fans because I'm honestly interested in the music, the movies etc. (and I'm glad that some members of this forum often disagree with me on certain issues, this is what makes this place interesting). I'm not here to be a kissass.

No need to get angry, we're all interested in your work and we appreciate the little vids. None of us is a "saboteur", we just like to talk about a piece of work, sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree.

If I'll be called a "saboteur" from now on, so be it. I can deal with it, I'm a big girl and I have a thick skin. But do I really wanna hear my favorite artist dishing out insults?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the album in spite of what's happening right now and I hope everybody will calm down.

In case this doesn't make any sense, blame it on the fact that it's pretty late (or early). Even night owls like me get tired sometimes.

Last edited by Sarge; 24 Jul 2009 at 03:23.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 03:50   #667
Pudding

Quote:
It sometimes appears as if he pays more attention to negative comments than to positive ones
It appears that way more often than not

Abraham Lincoln - You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I still like my Meat, it'll take more than a cranky video to turn me vegetarian
Old 24 Jul 2009, 04:32   #668
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I still like my Meat, it'll take more than a cranky video to turn me vegetarian
Ditto. Being a Meat Loaf fan is not easy sometimes but I'll be hanging on.

I had to laugh when I watched the video a second time. He manages to be entertaining even in that video. Although I don't like what he said, there's something about his temper that amuses and impresses me, LOL.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:11   #669
cowboy
Loafer

please don't hang on anymore .
M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:20   #670
cowboy
Loafer

this is a great record , the song I played ,6 bars of, is a great song. so those of you who don't want to HANG ON, please go to Justin timberlake. or someone else. I've been giving you some updates and the minute I bring a song into play . You have to judge it without enen hearing the whole song shame on you. After you hear the record and you don't like it, so be it. Can't you be postive for a chnage . Must you judge on what is just fun. let things just roll, stay postive . WHY SAY OH I DON'T LIKE THAT! HOW THE ~~~~ DO YOU REALLY KNOW. THOUGHT I could come back here and talk. I Can't
M
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:37   #671
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
You have to judge it without enen hearing the whole song shame on you. After you hear the record and you don't like it, so be it.
Eh?

If you didn't want people to express an opinion on it then why put it up? Obviously you must have realised it was going to get talked about. And for the most part people have said that they like it and a few - A FEW - have said that from what they've heard they're not keen...so far...

To quote me "However, that's a small part of a larger song which inturn is one song off an whole album."
Old 24 Jul 2009, 08:57   #672
cowboy
Loafer

Pudding how can you have opinion over 6 bars of a song. That is just me and a rough track. That is saying you don't like ice cream from looking at it.
M
Old 24 Jul 2009, 09:35   #673
cowboy
Loafer

Pudding,
I didn't put the video up to be judged. I put it up in the same spirt as all the others I've posted. It was a spur of the moment thing. Just thought people would have fun . Not knowing I was going to get , I DON'T LIKE IT, SAYING "HE IS SHAKING". I'VE BEEN SHAKING WHEN I SING SINCE 1968. I PUT IT UP ONLY FOR FUN. I see now I can't just have fun with the people who say they are fans. JUST ALL IN FUN. Can't you wait till the record is out. Just go with the flow and watch what is meant to be off the cuff , FUN. It is never thought out . it just happens. I can't play anymore music. BECAUSE IT WILL BE JUDGED, my bad. So I won't. Sorry to the ones who enjoy it . I am not asking you to kiss my ass just enjoy the fun. I guess I was just excited because it is going so good and I haven't sung this well since the 70's. I am just stupid in the ways of the world. I am always shocked and amazed. I know I don't like beets because I tasted one. Why do people have to always judge. How can you have an opinion over 6 bars. it is impossible.
M
Old 24 Jul 2009, 09:56   #674
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Thought the vocal coaching nonsense posted in this thread (at the top of the page) was patronising and it probably has taken the "opinions" out of context I reckon. Sue me but if I was a mod here the vocal coaching post would have been gone in a heartbeat.

Hope you will keep posting the music Meat. I like it and I'm sure most others here do as well.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 10:00   #675
snowy
Super Loafer

Please don't stop posting tasters of the album. Your tweets have become addictive!
Life would be extremely boring if everything stayed the same - I relish the changes and differences and probably wouldn't be such a big fan if all your music was the same as some groups are these days.
Keep it up - next April cannot come soon enough!
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote