Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 24 Jul 2009, 10:36   #676
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Please don't stop with the videos there just to great and fun and just ignore the haters they only wish they had your talent. Love your music, voice Meat!

And so everyone knows I'm not trying to be an ass kisser I'm just a real fan!

Last edited by Elijah's way; 24 Jul 2009 at 10:42.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 10:39   #677
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

All I can say is that I really hope Meat decides to put up samples - I think its great that he's letting a camera into the studio, into his creative space as you will, and letting us be involved on the journey of the new album. It's a great idea what Meat and his team have started...

Tell me you couldn't tell its all a bit of fun? It's good to have a laugh and it shows that everyone out there is enjoying themselves. But am sorry, but this is true from reading these posts - you canny please everyone, no matter how hard you try.
meatloaf-unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 10:39   #678
RadioMaster
The German

As I've said on the top gear matter:
Not everyone can like the same. And I dont see a problem in that. If two out of ten people dont like what they hear, you cant make them. Everyone has their own taste, and that's fine. This is a discussion board and it's just natural that people discuss what they see.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 10:53   #679
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Thought the vocal coaching nonsense posted in this thread (at the top of the page) was patronising and it probably has taken the "opinions" out of context I reckon. Sue me but if I was a mod here the vocal coaching post would have been gone in a heartbeat.

Hope you will keep posting the music Meat. I like it and I'm sure most others here do as well.

Agreed. For Meat to post anything from his studio recording was pretty special .. and imo was just to share the process with us, not to invite judgement or assessment of his singing, the song or the album, and those who rushed to it on the basis of a few bars got the response they should surely have been able to predict. Perhaps they did.

Meat's in the middle of creating a new album .. it's his baby. To me, offering judgement on any small glimpses we get into what will finally be produced it a bit like looking at a parent-to-be's scan, predicting what will finally enter the world, finding it wanting, and informing the proud parent ..

Personally I feel privileged to be allowed into the studio via the tweets, and I too hope they continue, although I don't know whether we'll hear any more fragments from songs now, which would be to me, you and many others, a shame.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:02   #680
cowboy
Loafer

Pudding another thing. The vibe at the studio is so positive . From everyone who comes in and hears a track or a song. They are just so up and amazed. Everyone from everywhere is wanting to work on it. I am just like a little excited boy and I wanted my fans to feel the same and be part of it. just thought everyone would be happy here. but it is 2009. I'm not in Kansas anymore Toto

M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:05   #681
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

To add to my previous post.

I remember reading an article for the 2006 album, that he disliked being in the studio. I think I recall him saying it drove him mad, being inside for many hours (please correct me Meat if this is wrong) but for this record, he looks like he's enjoying himself. Perhaps its because the studio is set in a home, gives it a more relaxed feeling and so if he feels good, he's gonna feel like sharing his "works in progress" with us and so he has done.

As I'm reading, I agree with Caryl in that it is his baby and he's proud of what he's achieved so far and so he wants to share his proudness with us....

Why do people have to jump the gun all the time?
Ross
meatloaf-unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:11   #682
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Pudding another thing. The vibe at the studio is so positive . From everyone who comes in and hears a track or a song. They are just so up and amazed. Everyone from everywhere is wanting to work on it. I am just like a little excited boy and I wanted my fans to feel the same and be part of it. just thought everyone would be happy here. but it is 2009. I'm not in Kansas anymore Toto

M
And by far the majority of us do feel the same, and feel privileged to be included Meat .. but ass-kickers rarely concern themselves with the feelings of the enthusiastic and excited person whose ass they're kicking.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:27   #683
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
The vibe at the studio is so positive.
M
If the vibe at the studio is positive then that is great! I wouldn't let any of the stuff (positive or negative) on this board influence any of that. It is simply not worth it. Boards like this on the internet are mostly a huge wastebin where posts are collected and most of the posts are written as a spur of the moment thing, they do not define who people are.

Did any of this stuff posted here in the past matter to the creative process of creating music (CHSIB/BAT 3)? I seriously doubt it. I really wouldn't want anyone on this board (except for Meat and the band) have any influence on what the next album is going to sound like. Hence I think the patronising on how Meat should sing is completely wrong.

Having an opinion is good though (I liked this/I liked that / I didn't like this because....). Apathy is a very bad thing imo!
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:47   #684
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

I think the creation of albums are special things and as I am a music nut, I always like to see how an album was created. Usually after it has been released, which is why I always like the making of Pump and all the classic album programmes. They are always very interesting to me.

So while I would love to be able to see a b-side on meat's next single containing a demo version of another song from the album, as many artists have done (bryan adams and def leppard recently spring to mind) I don't really want to hear it until it comes out.

TMIL was a great song but I thought it kind of got lost in the shuffle because it was leaked earlier, I realise why you did that meat because 40 seconds of it didn't give a great representation of the song.

Nor does 15 seconds of the vocal recording we heard in the first tweeter vid.

But hey all of this is just me. Meat (or Sir Loaf as I should say) It looks like you're having a great time recording it and Rob Cavallo has produced some really good albums and I am personally hoping it tops them.

I wouldn't say we should all live or die by those 15 seconds we've heard and the subsequent ending...but as usual bandwagons can be jumped on by both sides in here.

roll on the new album

Last edited by allrevvedup; 24 Jul 2009 at 14:14.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 11:59   #685
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
please don't hang on anymore .
M
Ah, come on, Meat. I said positive things about all of your videos that involved music except one and just because of that you want to drive one of your most loyal fans away? I'm sorry but you won't get rid of me that easily.

I just expressed my personal opinion (which I have the right to) I've never intended to offend anyone, especially not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I'm not that impressed by his vocals but it's hard to judge the quality of his singing by a clip that's just 15 seconds long. I'm actually glad to finally hear him sing in one of the videos. [...] Well, it's just 15 seconds, I'll wait and see what he'll sound like on the CD... [...] Don't know what the entire song sounds like, maybe I'll like it? [...] Anyway, I'm looking forward to the album
Is this really such a horrible thing to say? Is it really that bad that there are one or two things I'm not immediately fond of? Would I be a better fan if I pretended to like everything? Do you like bootlickers?

I'm sorry that I can't be 100% positive all of the time (I'd probably become afraid of myself if I was). Mind you, I've never said "it is bad" but "I'm not overly excited about it". There's a difference.

Have you never heard a piece of music of which you thought "nah, that's not my cup of tea"?

Uploading that video actually was a nice, generous and bold move but you should have known that people will talk about it. And maybe some people will just not be as excited about it as others.

You've been in the business for about four decades and some people have indeed said / written really nasty things about you, yet you even consider people "saboteurs" who actually love and praise most of the things you've done. I don't get it.

Quote:
Can't you be postive for a chnage
A lot of positive things have been said about you on this forum, why do you only pay attention to the negative ones or the ones you consider negative?

I've spent a small fortune on your records and on concert tickets, had a lot of fun at your live shows, even dragged non-fans to them who later told me that it was one of the best experiences of their lives. I still consider you one of the most gifted entertainers even if you currently treat some of your fans in a way I don't approve of.

I'm a little shocked and disappointed about your (over)reaction and about the fact that people are being called "haters" just because they dare to express an honest opinion instead of sucking up.

The positive image that I have of Meat Loaf is beginning to crumble and about to be replaced by something that makes me sad. I don't want that to happen and I hope the current trouble is just temporary.

Okay, I better stop now. I'm sure you're busy and I don't want any arguments have an impact on your current work. As I said earlier, I hope everybody will calm down and yes, I will hang on.

Last edited by Sarge; 24 Jul 2009 at 12:24.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:26   #686
RadioMaster
The German

what we all should keep in mind is that Meat puts all of his energy into recording this album. That's a thing I like about him, he doesnt do a half arsed job, either he does it 100% or he doesnt do it at all.
So keeping that in mind, it's absolutely understandable that he's very sensitive and protective over his work. Especially after the general failure of Bat3.

So let's all cut him some slack, eh?
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:35   #687
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

I guess saying that I love Meat Loaf's voice and music makes me a suck up and that is my honest opinion
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 12:46   #688
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
And by far the majority of us do feel the same, and feel privileged to be included Meat .. but ass-kickers rarely concern themselves with the feelings of the enthusiastic and excited person whose ass they're kicking.

Caryl

I can't agree more. I am so into the twitters that I send them to my friends who aren't on there following them. The little bit of the song, IMO, sounded good, I got very excited by it, first thought that came to my mind was another tear jerker, get out the tissues. I had to watch it a couple of times to understand it but them there was another video explaining it. Which now makes more sense to me that it was recorded, if I remember correctly, about 3 times. Not all songs on all your albums I like, but it's only one out of how many on an album? It's not going to stop me from buying this one either. I watch these videos before I go to work and they really help me to get into a good mood before going to the hell hole for the day. PLEASE KEEP THEM UP!!!!

Chris
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:15   #689
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Pudding,
I didn't put the video up to be judged. I put it up in the same spirt as all the others I've posted. It was a spur of the moment thing. Just thought people would have fun
Even though you put it up just for fun, which is totally appreciated, at the end of the day it's a small section of a track that's part of an album that's eagerly anticipated and has been for quite some time.

You're living this album each and every day, we're not, and the tiny snippets we do get will inevitably get analyzed and over-analyzed, because that's what we have to go on. Some like the clip, some don't, but that reaction isn't unusual to anything you've done before.

Despite the fact I'm not keen on the short snippet given, I'm still going to buy the album and no doubt those who have given their honest opinion (which is a tough call on a Meat Loaf forum where Meat Loaf visits) they're still going to buy the album too.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:19   #690
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHStoned View Post
I guess saying that I love Meat Loaf's voice and music makes me a suck up and that is my honest opinion
To avoid any misunderstanding: I definitely was not going to imply that someone who likes something that someone else dislikes and who says that they like it is a kissass. Please don't read something into my postings that I've never said and never intended to say.
I just wanted to point out that I don't want to conceal my real opinion on certain topics. If I like something I'll say that I like it, if there's something I don't like that much I have the right to express my opinion on that as well.

I think that's what most of the users of this board do. Some just appreciate everything Meat Loaf does (which is absolutely fine), some might like 80% or 90% but might not be excited about the rest. Is that bad? No matter which group you belong to, the fact that certain issues are being discussed, that something is being praised or criticized shows that the members of this forum are interested in Meat Loaf and his music, movies, concerts, TV appearances etc.

I'm astonished about the fact that one is apparently regarded as an enemy (?) because of having expressed a slightly "negative" opinion after dozens of positive ones. But it seems as if you can say "I like the videos, they're informative, amusing, thanks for introducing all those people yadda-yadda-yadda" a hundred times, that's all being ignored once you dare to confess that there's a single thing you're not immediately 100% fond of.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:37   #691
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:

M
Thanks for all your videos Meat and for making us fans a part of it, I am very excited about the new album and love the little snippets of the songs. Keep them coming.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:44   #692
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

So anyway...

...who eats pizza around here
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 14:58   #693
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Had a Veggie Volcano from Dominos on Sunday. It was gorgeous. That and the Texas BBQ are definitely the best.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:47   #694
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Pizza tends to give me the shits these days.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 16:07   #695
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:

M
I can feel your excitement Meat. The cd is going to be amazing, and I'm truly grateful for all of your video clips.
Thank you

It's all about having fun, and I wish a few so-called "fans" on here would remember that and stop taking everything so seriously

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 18:11   #696
cowboy
Loafer

The all MEAT Pizza ,please,
M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 18:20   #697
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

if it's delivering to you from the Castleknock dominos around the corner from me it might take a bit longer then 40 minutes to get to across the atlantic...so by that logic you'd get it for free.

Oh yeah Chicken Texas BBQ for me!
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 18:40   #698
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
The all MEAT Pizza ,please,
M
I would agree with that. Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Meat Feast. Puts me on the toilet for a couple of hours though!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 19:25   #699
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Pudding,
I didn't put the video up to be judged. I put it up in the same spirt as all the others I've posted. It was a spur of the moment thing. Just thought people would have fun . Not knowing I was going to get , I DON'T LIKE IT, SAYING "HE IS SHAKING". I'VE BEEN SHAKING WHEN I SING SINCE 1968.
M
Edit (R.): Steve, you need to look up the terms "offering advice" and "patronising". And while you're at it, look up the word "respect". Paragraph removed.

An opinion is an opinion and nothing more take it or leave it.

Last edited by R.; 24 Jul 2009 at 19:46. Reason: See above.
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 19:34   #700
daveake
200% is the new 110%

daveake is offline   Reply With Quote