Old 24 Jul 2009, 20:48   #704
Steve6
Batman

Ok!
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 20:55   #705
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Personally i hope it's not the end of the tweeters as they were starting to become good, maybe there's too many of them daily, but overall that's his choice.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 20:59   #706
Steve6
Batman

I like them too. It's nice to see what's happening in the studio.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 21:15   #707
Kathy
Super Loafer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
The all MEAT Pizza ,please,
M
lol, that's my guy I'll take one too, thin crust please!

I loved Wednesday's tweet of Meat singing live. It was a generous gift to us, and though I don't want to dispute what Meat himself has said, I didn't take it as "fun" at all, but as an act of sharing. In fact, it kind of blew me out of the water, and eclipsed the rest of my usual "Meat Loaf morning" (I save the vids for morning because that's when I enjoy them the most); I had to turn off the computer early and go do other things, just to let it sink in. I would never have guessed he would send us a vid of himself singing full throttle!! (I did love the one where he was singing softly) so it was a big surprise, just the fact of Meat giving of himself in such an open, unguarded way.
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 21:35   #708
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
lol, that's my guy I'll take one too, thin crust please!

I loved Wednesday's tweet of Meat singing live. It was a generous gift to us, and though I don't want to dispute what Meat himself has said, I didn't take it as "fun" at all, but as an act of sharing. In fact, it kind of blew me out of the water, and eclipsed the rest of my usual "Meat Loaf morning" (I save the vids for morning because that's when I enjoy them the most); I had to turn off the computer early and go do other things, just to let it sink in. I would never have guessed he would send us a vid of himself singing full throttle!! (I did love the one where he was singing softly) so it was a big surprise, just the fact of Meat giving of himself in such an open, unguarded way.
-Kathy
Very well said Kathy
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 22:49   #709
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Pudding,
I didn't put the video up to be judged. I put it up in the same spirt as all the others I've posted. It was a spur of the moment thing. Just thought people would have fun . Not knowing I was going to get , I DON'T LIKE IT, SAYING "HE IS SHAKING". I'VE BEEN SHAKING WHEN I SING SINCE 1968. I PUT IT UP ONLY FOR FUN. I see now I can't just have fun with the people who say they are fans. JUST ALL IN FUN. Can't you wait till the record is out. Just go with the flow and watch what is meant to be off the cuff , FUN. It is never thought out . it just happens. I can't play anymore music. BECAUSE IT WILL BE JUDGED, my bad. So I won't. Sorry to the ones who enjoy it . I am not asking you to kiss my ass just enjoy the fun. I guess I was just excited because it is going so good and I haven't sung this well since the 70's. I am just stupid in the ways of the world. I am always shocked and amazed. I know I don't like beets because I tasted one. Why do people have to always judge. How can you have an opinion over 6 bars. it is impossible.
M
I could not agree more, and that is not sucking up. It is not likely you can draw a very strong opinion from a snippet of what you have seen is a work literally in progress before your eyes. I know of no other artist who would do this and I appreciate Meat for giving us these glimpses. Sometimes I think the internet has spoiled us all. I am amazed that I get to see my favorite singer working in the studio, singing live and see it almost instantly. That is something I'd never have thought would ever be possible both in terms of technology and the willingness of the performer to open themselves up to their fans like that. Unfortunately the internet has also made us think we should all give the world our opinions instantly and just blurt them out no matter how uninformed we are. I know nothing about making albums and Meat's been doing it for decades, for heaven's sake people let the man do his work and appreciate him giving us these peeks at the process. If you want to put down the album after it comes out fine. But please don't mess up something it is obvious most of us enjoy and will only make us more ready for and excited about the finished product. I hope Meat will listen to the people who are positive and not let the negatives get him down to where he stops these. I'd like to have these updates all the way up to the release. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for goodness sakes lets wait until we have more to go on than a raw clip of a few seconds before trying to tell a man who is a legend of rock and roll how to sing.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 22:52   #710
RadioMaster
The German

I dont think any of the comments in this thread was meant to 'put him down'
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:02   #711
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I could not agree more, and that is not sucking up. It is not likely you can draw a very strong opinion from a snippet of what you have seen is a work literally in progress before your eyes. I know of no other artist who would do this and I appreciate Meat for giving us these glimpses. Sometimes I think the internet has spoiled us all. I am amazed that I get to see my favorite singer working in the studio, singing live and see it almost instantly. That is something I'd never have thought would ever be possible both in terms of technology and the willingness of the performer to open themselves up to their fans like that. Unfortunately the internet has also made us think we should all give the world our opinions instantly and just blurt them out no matter how uninformed we are. I know nothing about making albums and Meat's been doing it for decades, for heaven's sake people let the man do his work and appreciate him giving us these peeks at the process. If you want to put down the album after it comes out fine. But please don't mess up something it is obvious most of us enjoy and will only make us more ready for and excited about the finished product. I hope Meat will listen to the people who are positive and not let the negatives get him down to where he stops these. I'd like to have these updates all the way up to the release. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for goodness sakes lets wait until we have more to go on than a raw clip of a few seconds before trying to tell a man who is a legend of rock and roll how to sing.
And I could not agree more with that :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:15   #712
Steve6
Batman

The so called negative comments on this thread are nothing more than honest comments. Not "negative" but "honest". Big difference!
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:23   #713
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

The Randy Flowers and Patti Russo video is great I wish Patti would have participated a little more in that song I love to hear her sing.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:25   #714
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole View Post
Thanks for all your videos Meat and for making us fans a part of it, I am very excited about the new album and love the little snippets of the songs. Keep them coming.

Carole

Hear hear! (Or possibly here here, I'm never quite sure!)

Either way, I agree 100%

Edit: thinking about it, I get really protective of my amateur tribute tracks at the link below, and would be very upset with criticism of my vocals, regardless of what I think of them myself. Yes, I realised when I posted them that I was opening myself up to a kicking - but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy being kicked, or that I wouldn't kick back. I guess no one likes to be told someone doesnt like something they put a lot of effort into.

So, totally get where you're coming from Meat, but I think you sound fantastic. Tons of power and emotion in that unique and beautiful voice.

Last edited by PanicLord; 24 Jul 2009 at 23:31. Reason: General absent mindedness
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:34   #715
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Very well said, and I agree completely. I hope Meat continues to give us these little snippets. This is all exciting and new for me as it's the first time I've had a computer and been in the fan club while he's been recording an album, and I am revelling in it and really appreciate him including us in it all. I'm really enjoying it and it makes me anticipate the new album even more so. Thanks Meat.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:40   #716
MissAsh
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHStoned View Post
The Randy Flowers and Patti Russo video is great I wish Patti would have participated a little more in that song I love to hear her sing.
I completely agree! I can't wait to hear/see more of Patti.
MissAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:41   #717
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
Yep, that's the only one Meat!!!!!! The megameat is the best.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:57   #718
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I couldn't agree more.
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:01   #719
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

My opinion, i think meat should let the negetive nanny-poos say what they say and then he can laugh at them incessantly when they realise they were wrong and the song's kickass....

From what I hear, it has a real emotional curve handle with "lets be love theres no tomorrow ..." (i think thats what the lyrics are - i'm 18 so ipods have done wonders to my ears). It has the feel of "Did i say That". it sounds more Live to me, which, IMO, suits this segment perfectly.

Now its story time children:

Granted i used to not be fond frying pan cause the "wonder down the ancient hallway" verse was the only thing on the preview at this wallmart gift center scan thing. Lets just say that verse is not impressive by itself.It was the only song previewable on the scan thing.

i saved 20 bucks and bought BOOH2 on the notion it wasn't gonna be that good. i skipped frying pan for like 3 months straight till finally i listened to it and i regret that to this day.

THE END

12 second preview of unnamed Meat Loaf Song > Rocky Theme

Last edited by Wario; 25 Jul 2009 at 00:06.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:02   #720
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
M
Like the 30 inch 11 pound carnivore special from Big Pie In The Sky I'm up for that

Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:10   #721
allrevvedup

The comments about the "vocal coaching" have been addressed already and yes I can see why Meat wasn't too happy with it.

What I would like to see, and have wanted to ever since I started posting here, is people being allowed to express themselves within reason and to not be afraid to post something just because it isn't perceived as positive.

If you happened to like the song clips from the recent videos, great, music is there to be interpreted and enjoyed in many different forms by many different people.

All i would say to that is people have differing opinions, some may not have liked it and some may have neither liked it or disliked it (i would fall into the latter category) and while some may have been put across more bluntly then they should have been, they are still people's opinions.

What I'm trying to say is, let's try and be civil without going over the top, being insulting, condesending or patronising.

Let's not go the route of a well known forum that descended into chaos where posts of anything but 110% praise where jumped all over.

This is a forum, it's about debate, it's about getting points across and maybe just maybe it can be about having some fun and banter in here again and bringing back something that hasn't been used as much in a long time; respect.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:14   #722
Benny
Massive Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Like the 30 inch 11 pound carnivore special from Big Pie In The Sky I'm up for that

ditto..Yum!!!
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:26   #723
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

I just want to see more of Kasim ) I do not like the videos he is not in...Nooooo Im kidding
Sarahdk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 00:35   #724
allrevvedup

just seen the patti and randy tweeter...so i'd be happy enough to see more vids of Patti!

Just a thought, and maybe it has been done already, but i liked the countryish version of don't stop believin'. I think it'd make an interesting cover...in general i mean not specifically meat
Old 25 Jul 2009, 01:11   #725
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
The comments about the "vocal coaching" have been addressed already and yes I can see why Meat wasn't too happy with it.

What I would like to see, and have wanted to ever since I started posting here, is people being allowed to express themselves within reason and to not be afraid to post something just because it isn't perceived as positive.

If you happened to like the song clips from the recent videos, great, music is there to be interpreted and enjoyed in many different forms by many different people.

All i would say to that is people have differing opinions, some may not have liked it and some may have neither liked it or disliked it (i would fall into the latter category) and while some may have been put across more bluntly then they should have been, they are still people's opinions.

What I'm trying to say is, let's try and be civil without going over the top, being insulting, condesending or patronising.

Let's not go the route of a well known forum that descended into chaos where posts of anything but 110% praise where jumped all over.

This is a forum, it's about debate, it's about getting points across and maybe just maybe it can be about having some fun and banter in here again and bringing back something that hasn't been used as much in a long time; respect.

You can't have a good debate here, because there's too much moderation. If you're an outspoken person you're made feel very uncomfortable because everything written about Meat Loaf has to be positive. I feel like I have to bite my tongue and I just jump on the bandwagon. That's not what I want and I'm sure deep down Meat Loaf doesn't want that either.

Last edited by Steve6; 25 Jul 2009 at 01:17.