Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 25 Jul 2009, 01:37   #726
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
You can't have a good debate here, because there's too much moderation. If you're an outspoken person you're made feel very uncomfortable because everything written about Meat Loaf has to be positive. I feel like I have to bite my tongue and I just jump on the bandwagon. That's not what I want and I'm sure deep down Meat Loaf doesn't want that either.
I agree it is pretty tightly moderated. I think people should be able to express things that are not necessarily positive. In this thread I think people should just wait to hear a proper version of the product before being overly critical. I can't judge anything by a snippet of a few seconds, especially when it is an incomplete product. How many times have movie trailers made bad films look great? I doubt Meat or anyone else would have a problem with criticizing his other albums - I've heard him call some of them bad himself. I think the thing here is that he provided a glimpse of what he is working on as a bit of a treat and people seemed to be reacting negatively to something he isn't done with yet. I may be wrong but that's what I think he was a little put off by.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 01:43   #727
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

2 new videos are there and they sound great. I don't know who those people are singing but they are really fantastic. Now are they there to work on their own stuff or with Meat Loaf????
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 01:58   #728
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Not sure what to make of the Justin Hawkins one, but the first one with James Michael seemed good.

I would presume they are to do with Meat's album but Rob Cavallo works with a lot of artists at the same time, so who knows.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 02:55   #729
Sarge
Mega Loafer

@loaferman61

As far as I remember those who said that they don't like what they heard in the video clearly stated that they'd have to listen to the entire song / album to know whether it's good or bad. No one has judged the song or the album in advance so far, at least not in this thread. Any criticism referred only to the 15 seconds clip. Whether it's useful or appropriate to say anything about those 15 seconds at all is another story.

And now I will say something positive (yes, I can ):

I like to hear Rick Brantley singing. He sometimes reminds me of the young Bruce Springsteen. Justin Hawkins: good singer, fantastic (!) guitar player. The Darkness were a great band, but I know only one Meat Loaf fan who likes them. Most Meat Loaf fans I know hate them. Does anybody know where that dislike comes from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
I would presume they are to do with Meat's album but Rob Cavallo works with a lot of artists at the same time, so who knows.
I read something on Hawkins' Twitter page some days ago regarding that he was writing in L.A. with Eric Nally and Meat said in one of the videos that Nally was involved in making the album. There have been several videos with Michael, Brantley and Hawkins. I don't think that they just film them because they are bored or don't have anything else to show.
It seems as if there is a second voice at the end of the Hawkins video that sounds a little like Meat's. But the loudspeakers I'm currently using are pretty crappy, so I'm not sure.

Last edited by Sarge; 25 Jul 2009 at 03:48.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 03:09   #730
RSG
Mega Loafer

Meat! It's great seeing all the tweeters! The reason why I'm so drawn to them is because my cousin corey and I are doing the same thing. He plays guitar, and I write the lyrics. I know there's a bias on my part, but these songs are amazing. We would love for you to hear some rough recordings we made. I could add the lyrics in a PM or something. You're a very cool guy to me and the majority of social circle. I'll see what I can put on the youtube this weekend. If anything catches your ear of interest, you are more than welcome to use it
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 03:13   #731
RSG
Mega Loafer

like Meat said, "Don't think, just do." and this is why I posted the above, haha
Old 25 Jul 2009, 07:04   #732
meat_loaf2008
Banned

I rarely post here, and im starting to remember why.

First off, Thank you Meat for giving us this amazing insight into your recording process and the amazing song that you played for us. your voice is almost, dare i say it, better than the 70's.

Secondly, to all you who want to judge a 15ish second clip, come off it people. Have you all fallen off your rockers? You cannot judge how good a song is by a clip! You have to listen to the whole thing and see how it plays out.

I don't like posting here because im afraid I will be banned immediately if I say something that someone doesnt like. That is not how a community should be. is it?
meat_loaf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 07:11   #733
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Hello, I'm new here. you can call me WarioGrl1 if you like

YouTube Video

I Really like the justin Hawkin's segment.

I guess this is Meat's first male/male duet since "Rock'n Roll mercenaries", which is Fantastic (and RRM was a fantastic song IMO)!

thanks Meat!

YouTube Video

I also like the James Michael and Rick Brantley video, though i never heard them, cause i'm terrible like that, but i take it thats a song called "the edge" off an album of some kind and not on this puppy

Oh well both good videos. made me wanna order a pizza, but its 1:11 am here so I'm screwed. Thanks for that too
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 07:12   #734
daveake
200% is the new 110%

They did, in fairness, say that they didn't like those 15 seconds and that they'd need to hear the rest of the song to decide on the whole thing.

That said, it's a bit like judging the Chrysler building from the first 50 feet (yes, I did do the maths).

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 08:30   #735
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
What I would like to see, and have wanted to ever since I started posting here, is people being allowed to express themselves within reason and to not be afraid to post something just because it isn't perceived as positive.
Absolutely

Problem being, if Meat sees something he doesn't like he throws a wobbly then you have others jumping on the bandwagon, quoting Meat, throwing wobblies too and before you know it, shit has hit the fan. At times it's like a 'who's the biggest Meat Loaf fan' and if you don't agree with everything he says and does then you're not a Meat Loaf fan at all.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 08:53   #736
RSG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
I guess this is Meat's first male/male duet since "Rock'n Roll mercenaries"
Do you know the song, "Amnesty Is Granted" Meat Loaf recorded back in
1995. With much respect to you, it was a duet with vocals being shared by Meat Loaf and a man named Sammy Haggar.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 08:55   #737
evil nickname

Default PSA

Just to clear things up:

The service is called Twitter.
You can find it at twitter.com.
An individual update is often called a tweet.
Posting on Twitter is sometimes called tweeting. Or you can say "I need to Twitter this."

So, I'm on Twitter, posting my tweets.
@realmeatloaf is tweeting too.

So, please, no more of this "W00t! That vid in Meat's latest twitter was the r0xxorz!" nonsense. The video in the latest tweet or update was da shizzle. No one's twittering, and only tweeps are allowed to take this PSA too serious.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 14:33   #738
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default Meat loaf on twitter

I enjoy watching meat loaf and the band on twitter it helps me pass the time a way when i have got nothing to do
lisa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2009, 03:40   #739
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Absolutely

Problem being, if Meat sees something he doesn't like he throws a wobbly then you have others jumping on the bandwagon, quoting Meat, throwing wobblies too and before you know it, shit has hit the fan. At times it's like a 'who's the biggest Meat Loaf fan' and if you don't agree with everything he says and does then you're not a Meat Loaf fan at all.
but when there is shit [ your name is never far away ]
and meat seems to know that? you poor victim in all this
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2009, 03:59   #740
snider22

I think the song sounds really interesting, thanks for the sneek peek. I have to second the above by saying please don't stop posting the peeks at the songs, I like all the ones i have heard so far, and the voice sounds incredibly strong in my opinion.

Can't wait for the album!
snider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2009, 11:59   #741
Pudding

Where's Hugh Laurie? I thought he was supposed to be doing a track with Meat?
Old 28 Jul 2009, 01:14   #742
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

in LA right now writing for Meat Loaf's new record. He recorded Los Angeloser and it sounds INCREDIBLE! I did some singing on it yesterday!

this was posted on James Michael twitter.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 02:42   #743
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Interesting, thanks for the info. Finally a fun song.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 07:54   #744
Pudding

Hmm, so Meat is trying to bit a bit provocative in his latest video with the skit about making an apple pie and Paul Crook saying it sucks before it's even cooked. But the analogy with what's been said on here and the apple pie skit doesn't work because Meat hadn't cooked the apple pie yet, where with the 15 second clip he's already given us a taste.

How-f*cking-ever, the video clip is funny, apart from Meat using the wrong sort of apples <--- that's a smilie.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:00   #745
cowboy
Loafer

Wrong Pudding, all I did on my sample was show you the apples. You didn't taste a thing.
M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:03   #746
cowboy
Loafer

It's was the only apples I had.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:10   #747
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Wrong Pudding, all I did on my sample was show you the apples. You didn't taste a thing.
M
If you go to an Italian restaurant and ask for spaghetti and meatballs and the chef offers you a taste of one of his meatballs before the whole dish is complete and the sauce has been added, you'd still have an opinion about that meatball. That's what you did with that clip. You gave us a quick taste of one of your meatballs, without any sauce added

Now some would gladly take a nibble of one of your meatballs and say it tastes delicious regardless. But anyone who knows anything about cooking knows it's the sauce that finishes the dish. I'd like my sauce please <--- another smilie.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:46   #748
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

If Paul doesn't want his slice of apple pie, I'll have it please.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:49   #749
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
If you go to an Italian restaurant and ask for spaghetti and meatballs and the chef offers you a taste of one of his meatballs before the whole dish is complete and the sauce has been added, you'd still have an opinion about that meatball. That's what you did with that clip. You gave us a quick taste of one of your meatballs, without any sauce added

Now some would gladly take a nibble of one of your meatballs and say it tastes delicious regardless. But anyone who knows anything about cooking knows it's the sauce that finishes the dish. I'd like my sauce please <--- another smilie.
nice analogy
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 08:59   #750
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
nice analogy
Pudding is the last person on here that I would expect to want a taste of Meat's meatballs ...
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote