Relentless

Perish the thought.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 10:54   #752
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
You gave us a quick taste of one of your meatballs, without any sauce added [...] But anyone who knows anything about cooking knows it's the sauce that finishes the dish. I'd like my sauce please
Regardless of what I think of the meatball, I'm sure the sauce is gonna be delicious.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:08   #753
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

That's just a disturbing thought
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:18   #754
viewer
Rookie

With a 15 second clip I think the chef let you have a look at how the meatball was made not how it tasted plus it would be pointless judging how the meatball would taste without the sauce as the meatball is going to taste a whole lot different with the sauce on it just like the apples will when they are cooked, dam these analogies
viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 11:34   #755
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
That's just a disturbing thought
LOL, Pudding...

Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 12:31   #756
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer View Post
dam these analogies
Yeah it seemed you kinda got a bit confused. The next analogy I'm going to use will be based around a Chinese takeaway
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 12:56   #757
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Yeah it seemed you kinda got a bit confused. The next analogy I'm going to use will be based around a Chinese takeaway
"An hour after playing the new album you want to play it again"?
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 13:37   #758
Evil One
Mega Loafer

or "After buying the album you spend the next few hours trying to get rid of it"
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 14:52   #759
viewer
Rookie

Quote:
The next analogy I'm going to use will be based around a Chinese takeaway
I dare say you have enough time on your hands to do so
viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 14:54   #760
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
With a 15 second clip I think the chef let you have a look at how the meatball was made not how it tasted plus it would be pointless judging how the meatball would taste without the sauce ...
Yes .. :) .. like deciding instantly that they're the wrong kind of apples .. If only everything were as reliable as a VW? .. some are .. lol

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 15:03   #761
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

The link between food and music is not a new one.

After all, most X Factor winners end up working at McDonalds within two years of winning
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 17:42   #762
Kathy
Super Loafer

Thumbs up

Quote:
dam these analogies
I agree, apples and oranges (lol)

I just watched the "apple pie" video. These past few days I have been thinking I was guilty of the same thing really, judging 6 bars of a song prematurely. Upon first hearing Meat sing the other day, I had came away with "OMG how powerful and passionate!!" but the fact remains I had formed an "opinion" based on very little. But now after Meat's apple pie video, I get it.

That's not the point.

No, you're not a saboteur/detractor if you don't like the six bars, but if you say so, you are throwing cold water on Meat, who was only sharing a little bit of his creative process with us. He wasn't looking for our opinions or creative input, he was sharing some of his excitement with us, just as he might share with friends. He is undoubtedly giving and getting all kinds of criticism about the album among the other artists working on it with him. But we are not in that group!! He has every right to expect his friends to be positive for him, it's as simple as that.

So are we his friends or not? Are we his friends, or just a peanut gallery? We can't have it both ways.
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 17:51   #763
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

and still no ukulele or banjo
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 18:28   #764
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
He has every right to expect his friends to be positive for him, it's as simple as that.
I disagree. Good friends are honest friends. I don't think Meat expects us always to say positive things regardless of what we actually think.

The actual problem he's complaining about is what you might call the premature adjudication based on 15 seconds of an unfinished song.

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 18:29   #765
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I agree with Kathy .. It wasn't put up for advice, counsel or criticism .. just a share from someone who's enjoying the studio process, is excited about the new album he's making, and is communicating with us daily .. which is something rather special.

I said at the time the words sound interesting, the voice sounded like the Meat I love, but it was just a fragment from a recording. It makes me look forward to the day I'll be able to get this latest album .. but it's still an unknown to me, and that's exciting too :)

No cold water to pour, nor peanuts in my lap! .. I just really appreciate the fact Meat is keeping touch and gives us occasional glimpses into what might be the finished product. It's his baby .. and perhaps not surprising he's taken aback if people voice opinions based on nothing more than a brief look at a pre-natal scan!

Caryl
Old 28 Jul 2009, 18:33   #766
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveake View Post
I disagree. Good friends are honest friends.
Yeah VERY good point. I see the same happening in the company where I work. Many people are afraid to speak their mind and so we have at times blindly followed what I consider absolutely stupid ideas. Many people however have thus branded me as being extremely negative though I have tried to provide constructive criticism so now I am forced to put positive spins on everything when I disagree with someone... ie "I think what you have done is absolutely brilliant but it won't work 100% and it is ashame you didn't realise 1+1 does not equal 3 at the start of the project.".....

Apathy just sucks imo.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 18:44   #767
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
I disagree. Good friends are honest friends. I don't think Meat expects us always to say positive things regardless of what we actually think.

The actual problem he's complaining about is what you might call the premature adjudication based on 15 seconds of an unfinished song.

Dave
Are any of us that post on here to be considered friends of Meat Loaf? Fans yes, friends?

I understand what he was trying to do and if it was a case of someone having found this as a leak, when it was meant to be a private video I could understand his reaction because it would not have been meant for public consumption.

But this is displayed on a website that can be accessed just about anywhere in the world and also by people who may or may not like Meat's music so an opinion is going to be formed and there is at least a 50% chance of the opinion being negative.

When the album comes out, people will pays their money and have their opinion on whether it is good or bad. I'm hoping for it being a great album, as there's a great build up for it with a highly successful producer at the helm and Meat working alongside some talented musicians as well as his own track record.

After all that hype if someone listened to those 15 seconds and thought "hey i don't like it", you have to let them think that if they want to. If someone thinks (and i'm paraphrasing a few, but mainly coming back to what Caryl said) "hey this is the Meat Loaf I want to listen to, it's great", you have to let others think it as well. Opinion is a powerful thing folks.

No one likes to be criticised, even if it is constructive but at the same time, we are all open to it. We put famous people on a pedestal and believe they don't think and feel like we normally do; but hey they're human they do.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 18:52   #768
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I agree, apples and oranges (lol)

I just watched the "apple pie" video. These past few days I have been thinking I was guilty of the same thing really, judging 6 bars of a song prematurely. Upon first hearing Meat sing the other day, I had came away with "OMG how powerful and passionate!!" but the fact remains I had formed an "opinion" based on very little. But now after Meat's apple pie video, I get it.

That's not the point.

No, you're not a saboteur/detractor if you don't like the six bars, but if you say so, you are throwing cold water on Meat, who was only sharing a little bit of his creative process with us. He wasn't looking for our opinions or creative input, he was sharing some of his excitement with us, just as he might share with friends. He is undoubtedly giving and getting all kinds of criticism about the album among the other artists working on it with him. But we are not in that group!! He has every right to expect his friends to be positive for him, it's as simple as that.

So are we his friends or not? Are we his friends, or just a peanut gallery? We can't have it both ways.
-Kathy
I absolutely agree with you Kathy
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:07   #769
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
If you go to an Italian restaurant and ask for spaghetti and meatballs and the chef offers you a taste of one of his meatballs before the whole dish is complete and the sauce has been added, you'd still have an opinion about that meatball. That's what you did with that clip. You gave us a quick taste of one of your meatballs, without any sauce added

Now some would gladly take a nibble of one of your meatballs and say it tastes delicious regardless. But anyone who knows anything about cooking knows it's the sauce that finishes the dish. I'd like my sauce please <--- another smilie.
you should just drop it!! why meat lets you get to him i will never know?
your a crazy pudding
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:14   #770
Kathy
Super Loafer

Quote:

Dave
Good friends are brutally honest when it matters, and give simple support when that's called for, and are able to tell the difference.

And by "support" I don't mean lying, but showing appreciation for what's being shared in the same spirit as it's offered. If we don't appreciate what he offers us, support can consist of withholding judgement until the record comes out.

-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:19   #771
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Good friends are brutally honest when it matters, and give simple support when that's called for, and are able to tell the difference.

And by "support" I don't mean lying, but showing appreciation for what's being shared in the same spirit as it's offered. If we don't appreciate what he offers us, support can consist of withholding judgement until the record comes out.

-Kathy
wow!! thats deep [ i hate all the pre judgement myself ]
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:43   #772
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
No one likes to be criticised, even if it is constructive but at the same time, we are all open to it. We put famous people on a pedestal and believe they don't think and feel like we normally do; but hey they're human they do.
I think this is the point .. sometimes a still tongue in a compassionate head is more appropriate .. particularly when it's just a fragment of an unfinshed product and criticism/advice hasn't been asked for ..

And even when the album is out and people form their opinions, if there are criticisms these could be expressed in ways that take account of Meat's feelings

Caryl
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:58   #773
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Yeah VERY good point. I see the same happening in the company where I work. Many people are afraid to speak their mind and so we have at times blindly followed what I consider absolutely stupid ideas. Many people however have thus branded me as being extremely negative though I have tried to provide constructive criticism so now I am forced to put positive spins on everything when I disagree with someone... ie "I think what you have done is absolutely brilliant but it won't work 100% and it is ashame you didn't realise 1+1 does not equal 3 at the start of the project.".....

Apathy just sucks imo.
I know exactly how you feel!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:11   #774
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I think this is the point .. sometimes a still tongue in a compassionate head is more appropriate .. particularly when it's just a fragment of an unfinshed product and criticism/advice hasn't been asked for ..

And even when the album is out and people form their opinions, if there are criticisms these could be expressed in ways that take account of Meat's feelings

Caryl
true [ i think meat reacted the way anybody would ]
im not saying any members here said anything really bad [ but in the past meat has reacted badly to similer stuff!! ] and thats why im always saying that meat could raise the titanic and some people would still not be happy or give credit etc etc,, but he should just focus on the positives
some of the stuff that was said after bat 3 came out [ was just too much at times ] fair enough if people didnt think it was good enough? thats ok, but saying its not a real bat album and meat should of called it something else
then the comments on hes voice etc etc,, [ so in fairness meat is probably pissed off with the negatives? ] it doesnt have to be a lick ass society here, but when meat makes the effort to post things [ think twice before posting a comment ] i just think it will be better in the future? but hey! its your forum aswell
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:23   #775
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHStoned View Post
in LA right now writing for Meat Loaf's new record. He recorded Los Angeloser and it sounds INCREDIBLE! I did some singing on it yesterday!

this was posted on James Michael twitter.
Oh cool - I'm so glad this song is on the album - real good fun rocker. I wonder if this will be the "single" they were hinting about?

And I think what we got from the video was maybe 1/30th of an Apple Pie - enough for a tantalising quick taste of the pie, leaving you wanting more, but not enough to decide whether you like the pie as a whole.

Last edited by PanicLord; 28 Jul 2009 at 20:28.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote