mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 Oct 2010, 01:14   #76
meatfanforlife
Banned
 
Join Date: 12.09.2010
Posts: 327
Default

um..........THIS is the reason I hate Glee >.<

They destroyed the other songs imo...ESPECIALLY Sweet Transvestite. Ugh...

/rant
meatfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 02:32   #77
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,105
Default

HP, touch me, and Time warp are OK, Transvestite is just wrong and never like frankeinstein's place to begin with.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 02:40   #78
meatfanforlife
Banned
 
Join Date: 12.09.2010
Posts: 327
Default

HP needs Meat. 'Nuff said.
meatfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 03:39   #79
snider22
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 23.11.2008
Location:  
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatfanforlife View Post
HP needs Meat. 'Nuff said.
Most definitely. Nobody can do it like Meat, personally didn't like the Glee version.
snider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 10:15   #80
RadioMaster
The German
 
Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:  some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos...
Posts: 15,778
Default

are they gonna redo all the songs or is it just a selection? (sorry, never watched glee)
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 13:23   #81
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser
 
Join Date: 02.04.2010
Location:  Bristol
Posts: 1,072
Default

I saw some pictures and the regular cast looked good and John Stamos looked great dressed as Eddie! I'm so glad I can watch it online as January seems to be the earliest chance it will be shown on UK tv
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 14:34   #82
Vickip
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.02.2003
Location:  
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
are they gonna redo all the songs or is it just a selection? (sorry, never watched glee)
I've never watched Glee either
But I think it's just a selection of the songs.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 18:36   #83
Dave
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.04.2002
Location:  Southern Ohio - United States of America
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster
are they gonna redo all the songs or is it just a selection? (sorry, never watched glee)
I posted a link where u can hear all of the RHPS songs that will be on the show - in full.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 02:18   #84
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer
 
Join Date: 26.06.2005
Location:  Muscle Shoals, AL
Posts: 1,529
Default

when ids this going to be on tv?
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 02:26   #85
Kathy
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 02.10.2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA
Posts: 610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah's way View Post
when ids this going to be on tv?
this coming Tuesday, October 26th, at 8:00 p.m. eastern on FOX!!
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 02:28   #86
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer
 
Join Date: 26.06.2005
Location:  Muscle Shoals, AL
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
this coming Tuesday, October 26th, at 8:00 p.m. eastern on FOX!!
thank you, I guess I need to tivo it because I have to work that night.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 03:18   #87
stretch37
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  
Posts: 2,120
Default

HP sounds great ! But in my fantasy land I would have way preferred Meat doing it. I know he could nail it still and make it sound amazing
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 12:19   #88
Sue K
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 20.04.2003
Posts: 13,041
Unhappy

I saw an ad on tv last night for the upcoming RHPS Glee, but no sign of 'Imself or Barry B ...
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 15:15   #89
Dave
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.04.2002
Location:  Southern Ohio - United States of America
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
HP, touch me, and Time warp are OK, Transvestite is just wrong and never like frankeinstein's place to begin with.
The lyrical changes to Touch-A are absolutely unacceptable! If the material is "too much" for the demographic, then don't do it.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 15:59   #90
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.04.2003
Location:  Edinburgh, formerly Teesside
Posts: 672
Default

Listening to them, I doubt I'll actually watch the episode but I'm intrigued to see what the songs sound like.

At the moment listening to Touch-A Touch-Me, hate the lyrical changes. As someone said what the hell is the point of doing the song if they have to change the lyrics for the demographic?

Plus they dirtiest part of the song is left in there anyway in the damn chorus so it's a waste of time.

Whatever Happened to Saturday Night was good though. Although I expect singing wise they would be good, they all have singing/muscial backgrounds so I did expect them to do well here.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 16:10   #91
Smithie
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.08.2009
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
I saw an ad on tv last night for the upcoming RHPS Glee, but no sign of 'Imself or Barry B ...
It probably will be just a brief guest appearance. Like the Britney Spears episode, if you blinked, you missed her.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 16:25   #92
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.04.2003
Location:  Edinburgh, formerly Teesside
Posts: 672
Default

Just heard Sweet Transvestite.. I'm sorry what did they do here? So what is Frank in this version going to wear jeans and have a moustace because that has completely defeated the point of the song and the musical. Frank is meant to be... a guy....
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 17:10   #93
suzieq
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 26.10.2008
Location:  West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,319
Default

Bump.....cause' it's tonight. And yeah, they are singing the songs but I'm on the lookout for station manager Meat (or whatever his character's name is). :)
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 17:32   #94
Vickip
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.02.2003
Location:  
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Bump.....cause' it's tonight. And yeah, they are singing the songs but I'm on the lookout for station manager Meat (or whatever his character's name is). :)
You and me both Suzieq. I'm really looking forward to the episode tonight
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 22:11   #95
hayley
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 24.08.2005
Location:  UK
Posts: 1,088
Default

sorry if i have missed this question earlier on in the thread but...

does any one know when the episode will be aired in the UK?
hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 03:04   #96
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,105
Default

pretty good.

Wouldve liked Meat's scene to have happened without the credits going by....
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 03:21   #97
Vickip
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.02.2003
Location:  
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
pretty good.

Wouldve liked Meat's scene to have happened without the credits going by....
Yeah I agree, the show itself was ok. I thought there was going to be more of them singing and doing the play, not just talking about doing it I thought John Stamos did a really good version of Hot Patootie, and I enjoyed the version of Time Warp

I wish Meat's scene was longer ... it was the highlight of the show for me. I thought he and Barry were both hysterical
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 03:21   #98
Sue K
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 20.04.2003
Posts: 13,041
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
pretty good.

Wouldve liked Meat's scene to have happened without the credits going by....
Were the credits running at that point ? I didn't notice . I did see "Meat Loaf Aday" was used in the credits. I thought that cool and he did get the larger of the speaking part between he and Barry B. I liked his part. I liked "Uncle Jessie" singing Hot Patootie, too. I think I won't watch the show again, though. That Sue character is too over the top cynical and snerdy, imo. I like her much better as the shrink on Two and A Half Men. She plays cynical with a bit more of a light hand and humor on Two and A Half Men, imo.

Bottom line for me ? It was TERRIFIC seeing 'Imself on tv tonight !!! ... ...

OH and I liked the Time Warp finale ... ...
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 03:44   #99
Vickip
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.02.2003
Location:  
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Were the credits running at that point ? I didn't notice . I did see "Meat Loaf Aday" was used in the credits. I thought that cool and he did get the larger of the speaking part between he and Barry B. I liked his part. I liked "Uncle Jessie" singing Hot Patootie, too. I think I won't watch the show again, though. That Sue character is too over the top cynical and snerdy, imo. I like her much better as the shrink on Two and A Half Men. She plays cynical with a bit more of a light hand and humor on Two and A Half Men, imo.

Bottom line for me ? It was TERRIFIC seeing 'Imself on tv tonight !!! ... ...

OH and I liked the Time Warp finale ... ...
You described it perfectly
I really liked Meat and Barry together. I think Meat said (in the radio interview ) that they gave them both re-occuring roles ... so I'm taping the rest of the episodes this season to see if they show up again
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2010, 04:04   #100
suzieq
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 26.10.2008
Location:  West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,319
Default

Um Tink, I didn't notice the credits either. I must have looked right through them. :)

I think the character, the "to the point" station manager, suits him well. The lines were humorous but not forced. I like that. I've watched Glee several times and I think the writing is clever. I'm far from a Gleek though. Like others I will record the rest of the season since Meat's role may be re-occurring.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.08805 seconds with 13 queries.