Old 23 Aug 2009, 15:36   #1102
RadioMaster
The German

nah
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2009, 15:47   #1103
florence75015
Senior Loafer

To quote Pudding who's perfectly summed up what people may think about Meat's songs :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
One persons mediocre (Meatiocre ) is another persons great
I personally like "A Man And A Woman", even if it's a little different from Meat's usual musical style.

Florence
florence75015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:34   #1104
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
One persons mediocre (Meatiocre ) is another persons great So I say put everything on CD(s) and skip the ones you don't like
I couldn't agree more. Let the listener decide which ones to skip.

Furthermore, is there a woman on forum who dislikes Cry Over Me?

Last edited by suzieq; 23 Aug 2009 at 19:36. Reason: COM question.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:44   #1105
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Furthermore, is there a woman on forum who dislikes Cry Over Me?
Yes, there is.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:58   #1106
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Yes, there is.
Suspicious.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 21:18   #1107
RSG
Mega Loafer

I'm going over to the Tyre Tracks And Broken Hearts thread and going to say my two cents about Warren's 'Cry Over Me'
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2009, 03:41   #1108
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Yes, there is.
After further investigation, I am no longer suspicious. Tyre tracks thread indicate females who do not care for COM. I was just feelin' a little too much testosterone commenting about COM here.

I suppose like other songs, to each their own w/ Cry Over Me.

John Miceli has tweeted: "Well I finished up all the drum tracks for Meats new album. This album is gonna kick but. Songs are so powerfull and fun to play."

"Meat really was amazing the way he arranged and put all the tunes together. Was fun to watch him in action."

"Now a little time off in LA"

I'm hoping Meat's tweets don't halt. Fingers crossed.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 20:50   #1109
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi View Post
what a great video: i love westies! i love plants! i love duetts with patti! AND I LOVE MEAT!!

Me too!
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 00:33   #1110
Kathy
Super Loafer

Quote:
I'm hoping Meat's tweets don't halt. Fingers crossed.
I hope not too; they've been wonderful!!
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 00:50   #1111
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
I hope not too; they've been wonderful!!
-Kathy
I've really been enjoying all of them
Hopefully we'll get another one soon.
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:03   #1112
RadioMaster
The German

I only watch the interesting ones where he talks about the album or sings in the studio.
But, as I said earlier, I prefer 10 useless and 1 good video to maybe one video every few weeks. Keep it up Mr Loaf!
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:08   #1113
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
I only watch the interesting ones where he talks about the album or sings in the studio.
How do you know that they are interesting or not without first watching them?
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:39   #1114
RadioMaster
The German

well, a title like "meat in the studio" seems more appealing to me than "introducing blah blah" or "paul cooking" or something
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:40   #1115
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

RJ has a large number of talents that have yet to be explained...the majority of which I hope will never be explained!
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:55   #1116
RadioMaster
The German

yeah baby
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:57   #1117
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I find them all interesting and enjoyable. It's interesting to be introduced to others involved in the album in a more personal way and very interesting to hear/see other work Meat's involved in, like Ghosthunters and the Breast Cancer charity. More importantly, it's been terrific to see how much he seems to be enjoying the recording process this time, and to enjoy his sense of fun via a method of keeping in touch which offers so much more than a quick note typed on a forum.

To me they're all entertaining, personal and hugely enjoyable .. and much more than the standard, short messages which are the more common form on Twitter. It's certainly good to hear about the album .. but I'm also happy to wait and enjoy it when it finally comes out. The "non-album related" tweets are as, if not to me even more, special and I too hope that Meat continues this very special way of keeping in touch with us.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 13:09   #1118
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I find them all interesting and enjoyable. It's interesting to be introduced to others involved in the album in a more personal way and very interesting to hear/see other work Meat's involved in, like Ghosthunters and the Breast Cancer charity. More importantly, it's been terrific to see how much he seems to be enjoying the recording process this time, and to enjoy his sense of fun via a method of keeping in touch which offers so much more than a quick note typed on a forum.

To me they're all entertaining, personal and hugely enjoyable .. and much more than the standard, short messages which are the more common form on Twitter. It's certainly good to hear about the album .. but I'm also happy to wait and enjoy it when it finally comes out. The "non-album related" tweets are as, if not to me even more, special and I too hope that Meat continues this very special way of keeping in touch with us.

Caryl
long live the loaf
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 14:00   #1119
RadioMaster
The German

of course they are all entertaining in some way, but I've got other stuff to do as well, so in the spare time I have, I only pick the ones that are most interesting to me.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 18:18   #1120
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Caryl
Hi Caryl,
Well said.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 23:31   #1121
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
of course they are all entertaining in some way, but I've got other stuff to do as well, so in the spare time I have, I only pick the ones that are most interesting to me.
To each their own. You're not any less of a fan just because you don't watch or particularly enjoy ALL the video's.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2009, 00:10   #1122
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
To each their own. You're not any less of a fan just because you don't watch or particularly enjoy ALL the video's.
I don't think anyone has suggested that one would be .. but those of us who DO enjoy all of them are entitled to express that view

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2009, 03:35   #1123
suzieq
Mega Loafer

No matter how busy my day is, I find a moment to watch every tweet. I enjoy every tweet and no it doesn't make me a better fan because I enjoy every one of them. Admittedly, I enjoy these tweets for my own completely selfish reasons.

The only one I could've done without was Kara's dog on the guitar pedals. It took forever to load that night and it was only one second long, so it was anti-climactic for me. Still, the dog was cute and I enjoyed it ... just wish it were longer.

Suzieq
Old 27 Aug 2009, 04:11   #1124
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Caryl
Well said Caryl, I feel the same way.
Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2009, 04:13   #1125
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
No matter how busy my day is, I find a moment to watch every tweet. I enjoy every tweet and no it doesn't make me a better fan because I enjoy every one of them. Admittedly, I enjoy these tweets for my own completely selfish reasons.

The only one I could've done without was Kara's dog on the guitar pedals. It took forever to load that night and it was only one second long, so it was anti-climactic for me. Still, the dog was cute and I enjoyed it ... just wish it were longer.

Suzieq
I thought the same thing Suzie, my computer takes ages to load the clips as well, and it was a bit disappointing after all that time to be only a few seconds, plus it was so dark I could hardly make it out anyway. I would have preferred it to be a little longer too.
Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote