Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 12 Sep 2009, 20:11   #1201
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
This album is going to be CHSIB II.
Don't shatter my hopes! I'm still optimistic. I liked everything I've heard so far except that "let's be love" clip (oh, I gotta be cautious ). If you're right and it's really gonna be CHSIB II I hope the songs will sound like Testify and not like Because Of You.

Quote:
Looks like the days of Meat Loaf singing the Power Ballad are well and truely over.
They were already over with the release of IACBTMN and COM. Who writes really great, amazing, unique "power ballads" these days and could provide him with one?
But maybe there is a good one on the album? We haven't heard all songs yet. Maybe there'll be a surprise?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2009, 20:14   #1202
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Who writes really good, amazing, unique "power ballads" these days and could provide him with one?
Diane Warren

*waits for the fun to start*
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2009, 20:20   #1203
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited by Sarge; 12 Sep 2009 at 20:28.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 23:12   #1204
RSG
Mega Loafer

I don't think this album will be a "CHSIB 2" And that will be the last time I say "CHSIB 2" and it's because I don't know if you mean it's Pop-like quality. Or if you mean it's great song, good song, bad song ratio, which is a funny thought. Or if you're just referring it as a non concept record.

Meat has said it's going to be a rock record. For me genres mean nothing, but if I were to take a shot about this record. I believe the sound of this record will be like the last couple tours. A great sounding record with a whole new style of emotions and sounds.

I remember back in September '03, my anticipation for CHSIB was a roller coaster ride. Hearing all the samples rather obsessively gave me a feeling like I knew what the "ride" was about. Hearing the songs I basically lost my active listening. LOL It's back! heh

2006's 'The Monster Is Loose' the anticipation was a little different. Like many others, the idea of Jim and Meat together was awesome. I stop here, because I think everybody was on this same roller coaster. Or at least a similar One!!

I'm more stoked for this record than I have been for anything else in quite a long time. Self admittedly, I need a life But rest assured, come 2010 I will be a full time daddy to a baby girl.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 01:35   #1205
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

I hope the rest of the CD is better than that song.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 01:59   #1206
CarylB
Mega Loafer

We have heard just a fragment of a song .. which sounded great to me .. but then I like Meat singing.

IF this album were to be in the genre of CHSIB I'd be delighted as I continue to consider it one of Meat's great and mistakenly under-rated albums .. however I don't think for a minute it will be, and have no idea how anyone could think this were so based on the recent clip. As to "power ballads" .. again have no idea how Stephen defines these .. However, I agree with Mouse :) .. Meat imo continues to deliver power ballads, and I have every hope we will have some on the new album

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 04:30   #1207
RSG
Mega Loafer

Miceli spoke of Meat arranging it that 3 songs wasinto a single Meat Loaf classic!
Old 13 Sep 2009, 05:55   #1208
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I was listening to the song he played on Twitter, and to be honest I don't like it at all. This album is going to be CHSIB II.
Really? I mean really, are you really wanting to rattle his cage again????
Then again, I am on a CHSIB kick right now anyway, so CHSIB II wouldn't be bad at all in my book.

Quote:
Looks like the days of Meat Loaf singing the Power Ballad are well and truely over. I still love the guy though and hope the album does well.
Glad you still love him and if you do then buying the CD is a no brainer in support of the album doing well despite your 1st impression opinions.

So I ask you and anyone here, if you don't like any audio or vocal that you hear on Twitter, would you still buy the CD?

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 09:35   #1209
Sarge
Mega Loafer

I know other people who suspect that it could become CHSIB II, too. I think (and I hope) it won't be like CHSIB. That album contained only a few rock songs but the music I've heard in the clips so far sounded like rock (although I'm sure they won't dare to do without one or two tearjerkers). Maybe it will be a better version of Welcome to the Neighborhood? I'm confident that Mr. Cavallo is doing a good job and will make it at least sound interesting. If Meat Loaf tried to rehash past hits, it would please some die-hard fans and a few nostalgic folks but others would yawn and the critics would probably write negative reviews again. No one expected a song like I'd Do Anything For Love in 1993, it surprised people. But this isn't 1993 and it would take a crazy genius like Jim Steinman to provide Meat Loaf with a (new) "power ballad" that would not make him appear like an outdated copy of himself. Many of the "power ballads" of today sound like contributions to the Eurovision Song Contest - I think Meat Loaf deserves something better. Has anybody seen that ABC (?) interview in which he presented some of his favorite songs? He sang a few lines from 16 Tons and I thought "I'd like to hear him sing songs like that on stage".

Well, let's wait and see what the CD will really sound like. Maybe it's CHSIB II, maybe it will contain something for the "power ballad" lovers, maybe it will be Born To Run II or Physical Graffitti II. Oh, no... wait, didn't he say it's gonna be Abbey Road II?
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:01   #1210
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

I think it's going to be a much more rock driven album than CHSIB - I can't see Rob Cavallo doing some sort of pop boy band pap.

I think that Meat Loaf sounds awesome in that clip, and let's not forget that it's been recorded on some sort of camcorder mic, then compressed, then streamed. I'm sure when we hear the actual track on CD (or very high quality MP3 ) it will be outstanding.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 23:34   #1211
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHStoned View Post
I hope the rest of the CD is better than that song.
it was only a clip
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2009, 23:42   #1212
nikox1
Mega Loafer

chsib 2? will people get a grip, lets wait for it to come out!!!!!!
it could be deadringer 2 or bad attitude 2 [ nottttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! ]
its great hearing clips now and again [ fair play to meat ]
people can post there thoughts [ fair enough ] but lets not go down the negative road again!!! its something fresh and new i would imagine?
good luck to him, and i cant wait to buy it [ hey i may not like it? ]
but i wont judge it yet
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 05:20   #1213
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
We have heard just a fragment of a song .. which sounded great to me .. but then I like Meat singing.

IF this album were to be in the genre of CHSIB I'd be delighted as I continue to consider it one of Meat's great and mistakenly under-rated albums .. however I don't think for a minute it will be, and have no idea how anyone could think this were so based on the recent clip. As to "power ballads" .. again have no idea how Stephen defines these .. However, I agree with Mouse :) .. Meat imo continues to deliver power ballads, and I have every hope we will have some on the new album

Caryl
I agree Caryl, CHSIB is one of my favourite albums too, and I think it was underrated as well. And that fragment of the song was great, and I can't wait to hear the rest of it and the album when it comes out.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 05:22   #1214
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Really? I mean really, are you really wanting to rattle his cage again????
Then again, I am on a CHSIB kick right now anyway, so CHSIB II wouldn't be bad at all in my book.

Glad you still love him and if you do then buying the CD is a no brainer in support of the album doing well despite your 1st impression opinions.

So I ask you and anyone here, if you don't like any audio or vocal that you hear on Twitter, would you still buy the CD?

Suzieq
Well so far I've liked everything I've heard on Twitter, and it goes without saying I will definitely be buying this album when it comes out.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 06:51   #1215
florence75015
Senior Loafer

I think that this song sounds rather different from Meat's style, so I chose to listen to it several times before posting my opinion.

The music intro is great, in other words it rocks, and when I listen to it, I can see John on stage behind his drums.
The way Meat sings at first surprised me, maybe because he seems harder than usual and I'm less accustomed to that. One sure thing, his voice is powerful.

I will now wait to listen to this song on the cd as some of you already mentionned, it was recorded on a camcorder mic. So the final version will of course sound a little different.

Thanks a lot Meat for sharing it with us.

Florence
florence75015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 07:13   #1216
RSG
Mega Loafer

Powerful, Loud, Rocking. It's Meat Loaf, 2009-2010.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 09:18   #1217
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG View Post
Powerful, Loud, Rocking. It's Meat Loaf, 2009-2010.
Awesome quote - they should put this on the CD cover. For want of a better phrase, CHSIB.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:19   #1218
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Nah, why referring to such a very short period? Don't you think it's going to be a timeless album?
Old 14 Sep 2009, 21:33   #1219
cowboy
Loafer

I like the way you think Sarge. it was a good quote.
m
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 22:50   #1220
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
This album is going to be CHSIB II.
Then it will rank as one of the most pleasurable listening experiences Meat Loaf has released. To me, Couldn't Have Said It Better will always have a special place in my heart - the entire album. It is something I will never grow tired of listening to.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2009, 22:54   #1221
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Who writes really great, amazing, unique "power ballads" these days and could provide him with one?
Well, there was a pretty interesting review of Whitney Houston's new album that may answer that for you...

http://www.defamer.com.au/2009/09/th...houston-album/

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2009, 09:13   #1222
hurricana
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by florence75015 View Post
I think that this song sounds rather different from Meat's style, so I chose to listen to it several times before posting my opinion.

The music intro is great, in other words it rocks, and when I listen to it, I can see John on stage behind his drums.
The way Meat sings at first surprised me, maybe because he seems harder than usual and I'm less accustomed to that. One sure thing, his voice is powerful.

I will now wait to listen to this song on the cd as some of you already mentionned, it was recorded on a camcorder mic. So the final version will of course sound a little different.

Thanks a lot Meat for sharing it with us.

Florence
You're right Flo, we have to wait for the CD. But I'm sure that it 'll be brilliant like usual.
ML can't make anything bad. It's impossible. Maybe, certain songs were a little less perfected but it's always very good because ML is a great artist and perfectionist.

It's for this that we love him.
A@ Annie
hurricana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:08   #1223
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricana View Post
ML can't make anything bad. It's impossible.
Midnight At The Lost And Found. Even Meat Loaf would agree!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2009, 15:19   #1224
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Midnight At The Lost And Found. Even Meat Loaf would agree!
With Razor's Edge, Wolf At Your Door, Fallen Angel..........

You can't call the album a complete loss
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2009, 17:55   #1225
florence75015
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricana View Post
ML can't make anything bad. It's impossible.
It's for this that we love him.
A@ Annie
Nothing "bad" can come from a man who sings with so much passion.
Except that he can make us cry sometimes when moving us so deeply. Let's call them "Happy Tears"

Florence
florence75015 is offline   Reply With Quote