Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 15 Oct 2009, 00:39   #1351
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florence75015 View Post
Concerning Quicktime, I've got the player and it works with other stuff. But with Meat's vids, I've got first a white screeen with the blue drawing at the middle (just as if it was uploading) for a few seconds and then it turned into a little icon picturing the blue thing broken.

I've got Windows and Real media players but I guess my problem comes from my computer which is both too full and too old and therefore I can't upload the latest versions of the players. My Windows version is just out of date, I'd be ashamed to name it Too bad for me...

Florence
I get the same .. my computer isn't that old and has plenty of space, and when I try to download the "latest" version it just informs me I have the latest version, so I'm in the same boat. My Quicktime works with other stuff too.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 01:10   #1352
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Maybe this works: Download the files to your computer (right-click the link, select "save target as") and try to open them locally. Don't know if that solves the problem since I use VLC and haven't updated Quicktime in ages but maybe you're lucky.

Given the fact that numerous people seem to have to trouble to view the recent videos, I hope they'll decide to upload them to another place where they are better accessible.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 01:11   #1353
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Tonight I tried saving the videos directly to my computer (as MOV files) ... they worked better than playing them directly on Twitter. I still haven't tried using a VLC player, but I'm using a Quicktime player version 7.6.2.

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 01:16   #1354
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Maybe this works: Download the files to your computer (right-click the link, select "save target as") and try to open them locally on your computer. Don't know if that solves the problem since I use VLC and haven't updated Quicktime in ages but maybe you're lucky.

Given the fact that numerous people seem to have to trouble to view the recent videos, I hope they'll decide to upload them to another place where they are better accessible.

You and I must have been posting at the same time
I downloaded the files directly to my computer tonight, and they worked better than trying to watch them directly on Meat's twitter page.

I agree ... I wonder if it could also be a problem with Twitter being busy
Old 15 Oct 2009, 02:34   #1355
nikox1
Mega Loafer

moving onwards!! i would say its only a matter of weeks before we get the title of the album, maybe even the album cover? it must be nearly finished!! exciting stuff!!
keep up the tweets meat
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 04:14   #1356
RSG
Mega Loafer

i cant wait to see the tweets, im ending rock and roll dreams on the storytellers dvd i just bought for third time. not very HD friendly!
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 04:41   #1357
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Boy, I'm beginning to think "why" is my computer working when usually it is mine who has the major malfunctions. I hope that the alternative ways helps people because todays tweets were exciting.

I loved Justin's wake up call tweet. Thanks Meat for posting a bevy of tweets today.

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 05:03   #1358
carole
Mega Loafer

Yeah thanks Meat for all the twitters today. It was a nice surprise when I got up to find 3 new tweets, then when I checked a little while later there were 3 more. I loved that one too of the wake up call. And it's exciting to see a new band member too. I wonder if she's an Aussie, Meat asked her in a previous tweet if that was an Australian thing to do.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 05:16   #1359
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole View Post
Yeah thanks Meat for all the twitters today. It was a nice surprise when I got up to find 3 new tweets, then when I checked a little while later there were 3 more. I loved that one too of the wake up call. And it's exciting to see a new band member too. I wonder if she's an Aussie, Meat asked her in a previous tweet if that was an Australian thing to do.

Carole
Yeah Carole, I almost fell over my computer when I returned from the gym to see a list of new tweets. Importantly, I'm glad to know the gang is all accounted for plus one (Georgia). I took her for an Aussie. She had a slight Aussie accent. Oh and Patti is hysterical too. Looks as though she's twitter shy. LOL. She even called Meat an S.O.B.

Glad the atmosphere is lite (no pun intended to the white spotlight tweet) and fun.

Suzieq
Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:00   #1360
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

I can't see the tweets either. I wish they would post them on Youtube again. Who is Georgia- a singer or musician?
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:57   #1361
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
Who is Georgia- a singer or musician?
She's a singer
Old 15 Oct 2009, 17:01   #1362
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Yeah Carole, I almost fell over my computer when I returned from the gym to see a list of new tweets. Importantly, I'm glad to know the gang is all accounted for plus one (Georgia). I took her for an Aussie. She had a slight Aussie accent. Oh and Patti is hysterical too. Looks as though she's twitter shy. LOL. She even called Meat an S.O.B.

Glad the atmosphere is lite (no pun intended to the white spotlight tweet) and fun.

Suzieq
I absolutely agree with you Suzieq
I think the two guys (sorry I forget their names) singing with Randy are from Mother Superior, who wrote "Whore" for Pearl.

Vicki
Old 15 Oct 2009, 17:20   #1363
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
She's a singer

So now there are 3 female singers in the band?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 17:47   #1364
cowboy
Loafer

Where were they on u-tube? What was the heading . I will get them on there if I know where they go.
M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 17:56   #1365
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Where were they on u-tube? What was the heading . I will get them on there if I know where they go.
M
Meat,
They are on your channel under Redpony2....the last heading I quickly pulled up was...Meat is nervous. That was posted about 1 month ago. Try that and see if it helps.
Suzieq
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:08   #1366
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

http://www.youtube.com/redpony2
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:12   #1367
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Thanx Glamourgirl. Duh, why didn't I just do that?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:15   #1368
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Thanx Glamourgirl. Duh, why didn't I just do that?
You bet, Suzie. And thanx Meat.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 21:45   #1369
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
Thanks Meat
Old 15 Oct 2009, 21:47   #1370
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
So now there are 3 female singers in the band?
Apparently
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:48   #1371
florence75015
Senior Loafer

Quote:
M
Thanks a lot Meat, that would be so nice of you.

Florence
florence75015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2009, 01:11   #1372
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Maybe this works: Download the files to your computer (right-click the link, select "save target as") and try to open them locally. Don't know if that solves the problem since I use VLC and haven't updated Quicktime in ages but maybe you're lucky.
Thanks :) I took your advice and installed VLC .. though for some reason I have to save them to my computer and then open to view.

Quote:
And it looks like he will :)

Caryl

Quote:
M

Thanks Meat. That is thoughtful and kind and would be great :) You're a star!

Caryl

Last edited by AndyK; 16 Oct 2009 at 10:41. Reason: no need for consectuive posts a minute apart.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2009, 14:07   #1373
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Thanks :) I took your advice and installed VLC .. though for some reason I have to save them to my computer and then open to view.
You can also play them from the web. Click "Media" > "Open Network Stream" and enter the link to the video, it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
And it looks like he will :)
Excellent service.

Last edited by Sarge; 16 Oct 2009 at 14:23.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2009, 17:17   #1374
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
Thank you kind Sir, would help out many I would think. Thank you also for the wonderful updates.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2009, 18:18   #1375
suzieq
Mega Loafer

This was found by Meat's twitter followers. It's a hurry up and vote for @RealMeatLoaf across the various categories. They are finalizing the count this weekend.

http://mashable.com/owa/votes/add

Suzieq