Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 04 Nov 2009, 05:01   #1501
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
That's an interesting idea, Suzie. Since there are two duets with Patti, maybe one is a slow song and the other is uptempo.

And Hugh is in too!
The possibilities are all the way around Smithie. Meat has thrown curveballs before plus when we think we have all the answers, Meat changes the questions.

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 09:01   #1502
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
I'm the same way ... I've gotten more used to Facebook, and prefer it to Twiiter
But hopefully Meat will still use it to post quick updates (or links to videos) even after the new site is up and running.
I'm sorry to flog a dead horse but i had given up on a new site, has anything new been said?
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 11:03   #1503
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Not a dickybird .. nor even a tweet

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 11:12   #1504
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
I'm the same way ... I've gotten more used to Facebook, and prefer it to Twiiter
As they say - "Twitter is the Facebook for ugly people" LOL Facebook is way better than Twitter.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 16:32   #1505
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Not a dickybird .. nor even a tweet

Caryl
Thanks Caryl, thought as much, but then i guess tweets are free and painless compared the shenanigans of the 'official' forum lol
Old 04 Nov 2009, 16:37   #1506
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
Thanks Caryl, thought as much, but then i guess tweets are free and painless compared the shenanigans of the 'official' forum lol
Ssshhhh Anji ... keep the free bit quiet, heaven forbid we be charged a membership fee to find out any news or gossip
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2009, 17:06   #1507
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
As they say - "Twitter is the Facebook for ugly people" LOL Facebook is way better than Twitter.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 03:43   #1508
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Meat's been busy apparently "killing it" again.

Pssst.......Pearl has tweeted. She's singing a duet w/Meat on this project as well. Referenced the duet as bitchin', kick-ass and powerful stuff.

Suzieq
Old 07 Nov 2009, 03:52   #1509
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Meat's been busy apparently "killing it" again.

Pssst.......Pearl has tweeted. She's singing a duet w/Meat on this project as well. Referenced the duet as bitchin', kick-ass and powerful stuff.

Suzieq
Old 07 Nov 2009, 04:01   #1510
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
The possibilities are all the way around Smithie. Meat has thrown curveballs before plus when we think we have all the answers, Meat changes the questions.

Suzieq
I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to listen to both of the radio interviews yet ... did Meat say that he was doing 2 duets with Patti Or 2 duets on the cd

Meat only mentioned one duet with Patti in a tweet a while back ... and now Pearl posted that she recorded a duet with him today

So maybe there are 2 duets on the cd .. one with Patti and one with Pearl

This is really getting exciting
Old 07 Nov 2009, 04:37   #1511
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to listen to both of the radio interviews yet ... did Meat say that he was doing 2 duets with Patti Or 2 duets on the cd

Meat only mentioned one duet with Patti in a tweet a while back ... and now Pearl posted that she recorded a duet with him today

So maybe there are 2 duets on the cd .. one with Patti and one with Pearl

This is really getting exciting
Well aren't you just full of questions now huh? Welcome to my brain.

For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.

Suzieq
Old 07 Nov 2009, 04:55   #1512
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Well aren't you just full of questions now huh? Welcome to my brain.
It's just too exciting !

Quote:
For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.

Suzieq
Oh ok Your natural thought made a lot of sense. That was the tweet I was talking about. I remember Meat talking about the duet with Patti, but I don't remember him mentioning another one. Now I'll have to watch it again
Old 07 Nov 2009, 23:06   #1513
carole
Mega Loafer

Yeah it is really exciting. That's great that Pearl's doing a duet with Meat, I really love Man Of Steel. So I can only imagine who amazing this new song will be.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 23:38   #1514
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Ssshhhh Anji ... keep the free bit quiet, heaven forbid we be charged a membership fee to find out any news or gossip
lol very true Andy, i'll put the horse back in the box then
Old 09 Nov 2009, 15:12   #1515
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
a

For real though, it really is exciting. The interview that mentions the duets was in Oct. 08' a week after the Florida shows Vicki. Dennis Miller inquired if Patti was going to be at the Pa. show, and Meat's response was yeah. Then Meat said there is a new album and there are two duets. He didn't say specifically that it was Patti, but rather implied. On a timeline tweet, Meat put out [you know the one with Angus and McKenna (sp.)], he said that there were duets on there, but again Patti was definitely on one of them but my natural thought was that she was going to be doing both. Until today that is.Suzieq
Meat was talking about Patti during that interview and he said she was back and they had two duets on the new album so hopefully there are 2 duets with Patti. Their duets are always my favorites. And Hugh is doing a duet too, so there will be many duets it seems.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2009, 16:18   #1516
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
Meat was talking about Patti during that interview and he said she was back and they had two duets on the new album so hopefully there are 2 duets with Patti. Their duets are always my favorites. And Hugh is doing a duet too, so there will be many duets it seems.
I believe he said he asked Hugh Laurie to play piano ... not sure I can see Hugh dueting with Meat, although he does have a pleasant light tenor :) Can't quite see Minnie the Moocher ending up on the album .. nor Nagasaki - the Foxtrot Riot .. lol

Caryl
Old 09 Nov 2009, 16:24   #1517
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I believe he said he asked Hugh Laurie to play piano ... not sure I can see Hugh dueting with Meat, although he does have a pleasant light tenor :) Can't quite see Minnie the Moocher ending up on the album .. nor Nagasaki - the Foxtrot Riot .. lol

Caryl
I was wondering if Hugh could sing or not.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2009, 18:30   #1518
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:

Yah, in the Reading interview Meat was talking about Patti and he said she's back and we're doing another record and we have two duets on that record (all referring to Patti).

http://radiotime.com/ProgramDetails....ogramId=125064

Maybe Hugh is playing piano and singing a bit of harmony.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2009, 20:21   #1519
djfierce
Mega Loafer

based on his comic efforts early in his career, i would be very surprised if Hugh sang on the album, he play a mean piano though
Old 09 Nov 2009, 23:13   #1520
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
based on his comic efforts early in his career, i would be very surprised if Hugh sang on the album, he play a mean piano though
So would I .. lol .. Meat said ages ago that he had asked Hugh to play piano on the album. He and Stephen Fry did some hilarious duets in Jeeves and Wooster, but I don't see Hugh singing the kind of song on the album .. but he does play a mean piano indeed .. saw a J&W repeat tonight, and he cabn sure boogie

As to how many duets Meat will be singing with Patti .. only time will tell .. there's many a twist twixt recording and final edit :)

Caryl
Old 09 Nov 2009, 23:18   #1521
djfierce
Mega Loafer

http://img301.imageshack.us/i/vid00010.mp4/

hugh playing
Old 10 Nov 2009, 00:14   #1522
suzieq
Mega Loafer

So much to say about these tweets. So little time right now. I had lost hope about seeing Hugh in a tweet and boom there he was.....I'm so excited, I can't even type.

Suzieq
Old 10 Nov 2009, 00:23   #1523
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

OMG that Hugh Laurie Little Girl was too funny. Thank you I need that laugh :)
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 00:44   #1524
Sarge
Mega Loafer

The strings sound pretty cool, like the theme music of a 1970s crime movie.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 01:08   #1525
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
The strings sound pretty cool, like the theme music of a 1970s crime movie.
Yes .. I was thinking exactly the same thing