suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Thanks for the clip Meat ... and thanks to the person who posted it on YouTube
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma.Ra View Post
Lol, how disrespectful is that to just downloading the video with 3rd party tools and then uploading it on youtube......
Where do people take the right for that??? It doesnt mean that you are allowed to download it with semilegally tools and uploading it somewhere else just because it is possible to watch it for free...

And why is there a need to upload it on another platform anyway?
Rude to do without asking, I agree. I think it's plenty legal though. There is a need because the img platform that is being used was a problem with Meat's earlier tweets. People were unable to open and view the videos.

Twitter is free anyway, so it's not like they are absconding money from the artist. Which would pose a big problem. I think Meat does want people to see his tweets, so I don't think he's going to have a big problem with someone uploading it to you tube (Meat correct me if I am wrong here). Meat tried to correct the problem himself, but for some reason, the platform keeps getting defaulted back to img or yfroggy.

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:59   #1552
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma.Ra View Post
Lol, how disrespectful is that to just downloading the video with 3rd party tools and then uploading it on youtube......
if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's

I wonder if you feel the same way about those tv show appearances from other countries or otherwise long lost live performances from vhs that you wouldnt be able to see if someone hadnt taken the time to upload them for other fans to view.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:36   #1553
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
if there were no video's that fit what you describe here then youtube would have to close down due to lack of video's

I wonder if you feel the same way about those tv show appearances from other countries or otherwise long lost live performances from vhs that you wouldnt be able to see if someone hadnt taken the time to upload them for other fans to view.
Good point, there's heaps of videos of Meat from TV appearance from other countries like Germany, the US and UK that I would never have seen if it hadn't been for youtube.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 22:06   #1554
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
True. One of my biggest bugbears with Youtube is you get a LOT of the same shit repeated
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 22:45   #1555
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Very true Pud it gets on my nerves too.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 00:57   #1556
Ma.Ra
Trekkie

Quote:

I agree rare material should be uploaded. I disagree to have on every platform the same identical videos.
I am fine with uploading an identical video once it has been removed from a platform but I dont like the fact of same stuff on every platform.

Or the users here could pleaes stop post the links of the same videos just from different plattforms.

Pud says the same thing, just in his weird pudding manner
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:54   #1557
evil nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
There is a need because the img platform that is being used was a problem with Meat's earlier tweets. People were unable to open and view the videos.
So you're saying that there isn't a problem with the platform, but rather that there are people who have a problems playing back the (mp4) video on their system. Which is something completely different. And easy to fix by installing the right codex or just download the video and throw it in VLC.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 14:36   #1558
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil nickname View Post
So you're saying that there isn't a problem with the platform, but rather that there are people who have a problems playing back the (mp4) video on their system. Which is something completely different. And easy to fix by installing the right codex or just download the video and throw it in VLC.
Uh, yeah, I'm not well versed in computer lingo or the fixing of them....what I do know is that there was/is a problem for others opening and viewing the video when it has an association with img, quicktime player, or some yfrog. I used term platform cause' someone else used it but sounded like I remembered it to be the right term. People had tried to reinstall a newer version of quicktime or already had the new version and it still didn't work. Also the throwing it in the VLC didn't yield much success either for these folks. It's all in this twitter thread if you go back a bit and read through the problems.

The solution was for Meat to upload the vids to You Tube and the vids worked for everyone there without having to mess around with trying to "fix" the computer to view the videos. For us computer neanderthals , myself obviously included, I wouldn't know about how to fix the problem without help from people like you and others on this site who have tried to help those who couldn't view.

Suzieq

Last edited by suzieq; 13 Nov 2009 at 14:39. Reason: term change AGAIN
Old 13 Nov 2009, 17:55   #1559
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Uh, yeah, I'm not well versed in computer lingo or the fixing of them....what I do know is that there was/is a problem for others opening and viewing the video when it has an association with img, quicktime player, or some yfrog. I used term platform cause' someone else used it but sounded like I remembered it to be the right term. People had tried to reinstall a newer version of quicktime or already had the new version and it still didn't work. Also the throwing it in the VLC didn't yield much success either for these folks. It's all in this twitter thread if you go back a bit and read through the problems.

The solution was for Meat to upload the vids to You Tube and the vids worked for everyone there without having to mess around with trying to "fix" the computer to view the videos. For us computer neanderthals , myself obviously included, I wouldn't know about how to fix the problem without help from people like you and others on this site who have tried to help those who couldn't view.

Suzieq
I'm sure quite a few start to feel baffled by terms like codex etc

And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :) He has close to 8 thousand followers, most of whom probably don't visit here, and many of whom may just click on a link and if it doesn't work for them may simply shrug and move on (computer neanderthals or not) .. so the more places it's viewable, and the more easily it can be accessed, the better I would have thought.

I love to view the Tweets, and took Sarge's advice, downloading VLC media player which enables me to view them even though my Quicktime refuses to co-operate .. but were I one of the thousands who buy Meat's albums and go to a concert when he's on tour but don't spend much time on fanclub websites, I'd probably have given up on the ones I couldn't view.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 21:44   #1560
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :) He has close to 8 thousand followers
I don't think there's any promotional aspect to Meats tweets at all, 8 thousand followers aint going to sell an album. Maybe Meat just wants to share a bit of an insight into how an album is created and what he gets up to and nothing more If it was for a promotional aspect then it would be more professional, the clips Meat is recording are anything but professional, nothing more than a bit of fun.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 22:40   #1561
CarylB
Mega Loafer

And I do .. yes, they're fun .. but they also have snippets and items about the new album to get people's interest .. and for those who like Meat Loaf generally imo one of the things they like IS his sense of fun ..

I'm not saying, nor did I say, that they are a key promotional activity, but imo 8,000 followers can't be a bad thing, and most of his tweets are about a new album, so to me there is some promotional aspect to/potential in them ..

So again we need to agree to disagree ..

Caryl
Old 13 Nov 2009, 23:13   #1562
florence75015
Senior Loafer

I agree both with Suzanne and Caryl :

- The videos are now not available for everybody. Putting them back on Youtube had solved the problem, I therefore hope that Meat will upload them on his account again.

- Whatever the word we use, "promotional" or other, Twitter enables Meat to gain more exposure and that really matters. Furthermore, the interest in using Twitter is the fact that people can "re-tweet" your messages then reaching more persons.
So, it's not only 8.000 followers who read Meat's tweets but way more thanks to the RT.

Florence
florence75015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 04:36   #1563
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
I don't think there's any promotional aspect to Meats tweets at all, 8 thousand followers aint going to sell an album. Maybe Meat just wants to share a bit of an insight into how an album is created and what he gets up to and nothing more If it was for a promotional aspect then it would be more professional, the clips Meat is recording are anything but professional, nothing more than a bit of fun.
You mean to tell me there is nothing professional about one of Meat's recent tweets with McKenna and Luna taking liberties and checking out each other's junk in their trunk?

C'Mon that is a strategy that cannot fail. I actually found that hysterically normal for me. As if that was a clip out of my own life, because I've seen my share of all that between my pets.

Sorry Caryl, agreeing with Pud here, I would tend to err on the side that this was a fun move and not at all into the promotional aspect of the new album.

Suzieq
Old 14 Nov 2009, 04:55   #1564
Pudding

Quote:
Sorry Caryl, agreeing with Pud here, I would tend to err on the side that this was a fun move and not at all into the promotional aspect of the new album.
And of course you would be wise to agree with me

I'd say a lot of us have a blogspot or Facebook accounts where we post snippets of our day and update anyone who's interested of what we have or will be up to. Meat's no different, except he chooses Twitter as his outlet of personal expression. He is human too, not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music, I'd like to think he isn't an industry whore
Old 14 Nov 2009, 06:26   #1565
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
And of course you would be wise to agree with me
Hmmm....I've never been told I was wise. EVER! (Silver lining to agreeing with Pud).

Quote:
I'd say a lot of us have a blogspot or Facebook accounts where we post snippets of our day and update anyone who's interested of what we have or will be up to. Meat's no different, except he chooses Twitter as his outlet of personal expression. He is human too, not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music, I'd like to think he isn't an industry whore
IMO, Meat is definitely not an industry whore and yet he is real private in his personal life and personal expression. So this avenue of twitter could have made him more neurotic, but to the contrary he is quite good at putting his guard down.

Suzieq
Old 14 Nov 2009, 14:54   #1566
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I didn't suggest the Twitter snippets were a prime promotional tool, merely in defending their getting as wide an audience as possible said that there is imo a promotional "aspect" to them .. and to imply that this would make Meat an "industry whore" is as specious as it is plain daft.

Not all of them are of pups .. sniffing behinds or not .. Many are snippets from the album, feature guests on the album .. and these result in many comments of excitement here, with people saying they are really looking forward to the album .. Who is to say (apart from Pud perhaps) that there will be other people who do not visit or comment here, do not experience the same excitement and interest in what the album will be like, at how it may be different and new etc etc.

I did not suggest that Meat is using Twitter as a promoptional tool .. indeed he lhao at those who suggested in the beginning that they were carefully scripted .. They are fun, sure.

However, if watching them arouses interest in fans who do not visit this fansite (and currently Meat doesn't currently have an official fansite which offers much (except the link to Twitter .. so one would assume he wants fans who search out his official site to actually GO to Twitter) .. if it arouses that level of interest, then it's useful .. and IMO useful that as many as possible can actually view the things. And if any of those convert to sales of the album or bums on seats at a concert, they've had a beneficial effect .. which is the promotional aspect I was talking about.

An official fansite has a promotional aspect in that it is the performer's window to the world .. Meat's Twitter page is currently his official means of communicatiing with his fans around the world. To have an official site doesn't make any performer an "industry whore" .. it just makes sense!

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 14 Nov 2009 at 14:55. Reason: addition
Old 14 Nov 2009, 16:39   #1567
suzieq
Mega Loafer

I see what you are saying Caryl. And I can see the possibility of viewers of tweets converting into sales.

Suzieq
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:19   #1568
Pudding

Quote:
with people saying they are really looking forward to the album .. Who is to say (apart from Pud perhaps) that there will be other people who do not visit or comment here, do not experience the same excitement and interest in what the album will be like, at how it may be different and new etc etc.
You're just making shit up aren't you? I've never said I wasn't looking forward to the album and I've never said people outside of MLUKFC won't be excited about it either. I might not fall over myself on everything Meat does thinking it's fantastic or hang off every single word he says as if he's some deity, but that doesn't make me any less of a Meat Loaf fan.

Quote:
I did not suggest that Meat is using Twitter as a promoptional tool ..
Really? Then who the hell wrote this "And surely the thing to remember is that there's a promotional aspect to Meat's Tweets :)"

Quote:
To have an official site doesn't make any performer an "industry whore" .. it just makes sense!
And nobody said it did, what was said was "not EVERYTHING he does has to be for the sole purpose of selling music"

Quote:
I see what you are saying Caryl. And I can see the possibility of viewers of tweets converting into sales.
The people that are following Meat on Twitter would have probably bought the album regardless if Meat twittered or not.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:35   #1569
CarylB
Mega Loafer

No real point in taking this any further as you'll continue to take phrases and imply something not meant. I did not say you weren't looking forward to the album .. just said you'd probably argue the point I was making .. as indeed you have done. And for the final time

I said there was a PROMOTIONAL ASPECT .. I did not say the Tweets were simply a promotional tool ..

As to:
Quote:
I might not fall over myself on everything Meat does thinking it's fantastic or hang off every single word he says as if he's some deity, but that doesn't make me any less of a Meat Loaf fan.
Always the same old fiddle and same old tune.

Caryl
Old 14 Nov 2009, 20:47   #1570
Dave
Mega Loafer

Ummm...you can follow people's tweets on twitter and never click the follow button on twitter. That is what rss feeds are for. The "nearly eight thousand" could very well be much higher than that. Just a thought.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 21:01   #1571
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Ummm...you can follow people's tweets on twitter and never click the follow button on twitter. That is what rss feeds are for. The "nearly eight thousand" could very well be much higher than that. Just a thought.
I am one of those
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 23:22   #1572
Pudding

Quote:
Always the same old fiddle and same old tune.

Caryl
Then change the record
Old 15 Nov 2009, 03:28   #1573
suzieq
Mega Loafer

So anyway, about Justin's mustache ..... it seems not to have gotten in the way of his guitar playing :)

Suzieq
Old 15 Nov 2009, 03:32   #1574
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Did he often play guitar with his face then?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 03:36   #1575
suzieq
Mega Loafer

No, the mustache is becoming quite robust though...and a change of focus may be better for the forum :)