Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 25 Dec 2009, 12:18   #1651
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Twitters will keep coming. I will be arriving in the UK Jan 10th. Will be there anywhere from 7 to 12 weeks. You'll find out part of what's going on the 11th or the 12th. the rest will unfold one piece at a time. Yes , the art work is done.

Ps. when you hear what I'm doing just go with with flow. There is a reason for it . Part of an over all deal with Universal.
Go with the flow? .. I'll ride the wave .. it's never failed to delight me yet .. and whatever it may be, may it bring you a positive tsunami of success!!!

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 13:18   #1652
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Twitters will keep coming. I will be arriving in the UK Jan 10th. Will be there anywhere from 7 to 12 weeks. You'll find out part of what's going on the 11th or the 12th. the rest will unfold one piece at a time. Yes , the art work is done.

Ps. when you hear what I'm doing just go with with flow. There is a reason for it . Part of an over all deal with Universal.
Thanks for the update Meat, you just brightened up my Christmas Day. Really looking forward to 2010 and everything it brings, your new CD and the tour. It will be a year to remember.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 15:30   #1653
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:

Good to hear Meat
Look forward to seeing a lot of promo work on TV and radio and in magazines.

And welcome back to the UK on the 10th.
If you fancy poping round for a cuppa, just ring ahead to make sure we're home
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 13:50   #1654
LP
Super Loafer

Default Guessing at what he's up to in the UK

Quote:

I'm guessing that Meat will be:

1. Acting as a judge on a reality show, possibly "how do we solve a problem like"
2. Appearing on celebrity big brother
3. Appearing in a panto

Any advances?
LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 14:02   #1655
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP View Post
I'm guessing that Meat will be:

1. Acting as a judge on a reality show, possibly "how do we solve a problem like"
3. Appearing in a panto

Any advances?
Not number 2, not only is it crap, it is for Celebrity has been's too.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 19:13   #1656
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

Celebrity big brother starts the week before Meat arrives in UK though so maybe/maybe not. Whatever it is sounds like Meat is expecting us to be cynical of it. Any promotion will be good promotion no matter what it is
ChrisBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 19:50   #1657
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Yay! Twitters will keep coming. Thank you for the updates Meat. I'm so entranced and intrigued. Of course, I'll go with the flow too.

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 19:54   #1658
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNI View Post
Celebrity big brother starts the week before Meat arrives in UK though so maybe/maybe not. Whatever it is sounds like Meat is expecting us to be cynical of it. Any promotion will be good promotion no matter what it is
Yes he did seem to be paving the way for an outburst of cynicism .. still, although I wouldn't wish BB on the poor sod, if anyone could manage himself through it with tongue firmly in cheek and style I'd put money on Meat .. as you say any promotion which helps boost sales is good .. and at least I'm glad to say he won't be on that Celebrity Wipe-out which is on tonight .. I want to see a Meat with all four limbs in working order on tour!! .. ..

I'd like to see another Buzzcocks, QI, or perhaps the two weekend cookery programmes .. the last two don't have a studio audience (which he might prefer), and give quite lengthy exposure .. or even his stated desire to be on Eastenders as Dot's boyfriend

Whatever it is .. give us notice and I shall watch, enjoy, and cheer him on

Caryl
Old 26 Dec 2009, 20:34   #1659
Evil One
Mega Loafer

The problem with Meat doing a reality show is one false move and he will be forever embedded in many peoples minds as a knob.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 20:40   #1660
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP View Post
Shows like that are one of the reasons why I don't have a TV set anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNI View Post
Any promotion will be good promotion no matter what it is.
As if it was that easy...
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2009, 21:10   #1661
CarylB
Mega Loafer

[QUOTE=Sarge;475755] Shows like that are one of the reasons why I don't have a TV set anymore.
[QUOTE]

Well it would be a first for me to watch it! But I can't help feeling that Meat's too private a person to want to endure CBB for two weeks He's outgoing, gracious and friendly with his fans .. but his private life seems to be something he holds close ..

Caryl
Old 26 Dec 2009, 22:27   #1662
carole
Mega Loafer

Just please remember to post links for us poor people over the other side of the world so we get to see the shows as well.

Carole
Old 27 Dec 2009, 04:10   #1663
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Depends on which channels they're on .. BBC TV doesn't make it's "catch-up" offerings available to those outside the UK .. due to sales deals (real or potential) with those countries they agree not to have them playable the UK, but they make BBC radio available to the world at large. If there are links to shows on other channels you are more likely to able to view them.

There's a number of shows Meat's been on in the USA which haven't been on channels over here I can view, or available in their entirety on the web .. Like House for eg .. Guess it's swings and roundabouts .. but we'll do our best when he's on our side:)

Caryl
Old 27 Dec 2009, 04:48   #1664
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Depends on which channels they're on .. BBC TV doesn't make it's "catch-up" offerings available to those outside the UK .. due to sales deals (real or potential) with those countries they agree not to have them playable the UK, but they make BBC radio available to the world at large. If there are links to shows on other channels you are more likely to able to view them.

There's a number of shows Meat's been on in the USA which haven't been on channels over here I can view, or available in their entirety on the web .. Like House for eg .. Guess it's swings and roundabouts .. but we'll do our best when he's on our side:)

Caryl
Understandable Caryl. As always, you do a great job of detailing Meat's whereabouts, tv appearances, and the like. Please do tell about all his press and reviews of tv spots. At the very least we can just envision the events .

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 13:37   #1665
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Anything but CBB, please...

The indeterminate length of his stay in the UK does make me worry that this might be the case.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 19:50   #1666
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Don't think it's CBB because, as Chris says, it starts before Meat arrives.

Even if it was though, I can hardly think it would be a bad thing as one way or another, it's a hell of a lot of exposure.
Wasn't it CBB that that bloke from Take That went on and suddenly they were back on the scene in a big way after being washed up years ago?

I'm not a fan of BB/CBB, but if Meat went on it, yeah i'd watch.And i'd hope that the resulting publcity would have a great effect on him.

As for what else it could be, who knows

No reason to be cynical about doing chat shows, quiz shows, or performances as a guest musical act, so what could it be?

I suppose he knows what he's doing, and I look forward to seeing the results.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 21:05   #1667
Sarge
Mega Loafer

It's surprising how little some fans seem to think of him. In my opinion, he hasn't reached a point yet at which he desperately has to grasp at any straw that could provide a little publicity. Someone who's just finished a new record doesn't have to take part in CBB or eat fish eyes in the jungle or whatever stupid things (ex-)celebrities have to do on TV nowadays. I hope the promo will be related to the product he's going to sell and that he doesn't have to make a fool of himself to get media coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
I'm not a fan of BB/CBB, but if Meat went on it, yeah i'd watch.
I probably wouldn't. If I did I guess I'd either or (or do both).
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 21:43   #1668
greg
Super Loafer

im with sarge on this one
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 22:44   #1669
meat_loaf
Man of Steel Hunter of the Beast

I know this is a bit too soon to tell and meat hasnt released any new material for this upcoming album but if this albums released during his time in london do you think he'll do another record signing like he did back in 2007?
meat_loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 21:55   #1670
cowboy
Loafer

Default no CBB

Would never do that or Get me out of here. For anything.
M
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 22:04   #1671
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
That makes two of us then!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 22:45   #1672
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
can you ice skate??
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 23:03   #1673
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
M
I don't blame ya Meat. Like I said earlier CBB is a pile of crap, Celebrity Jungle is kinda funny, especially the bug eating, but there is no way on earth I would eat any live bugs.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 01:24   #1674
Meataholic
Super Loafer

Quote:

This is such exciting news

Thank you for keeping us updated!
Meataholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 03:31   #1675
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
Can't blame you for that Meat, I wouldn't either.

Carole