Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 21 Jan 2011, 02:08   #151
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
very true Caryl, but Meat has explained this for everybody too see!! and you are beating your head against a brick wall!! even Meats words will not be taken as the truth, so. there will always be a another reason.

as written above about Marion Raven, why was she in the video? Meat explained this for everybody, but heck no that aint the reason.
its really funny imo, Meat has on lots of occasions had stunners in hes videos [ hot ladys ]. hes a rock star = sex drugs and rock n roll!! just maybe thats another reason she sang on it? thats what sells. Britney did not sell 50 million records because of her 6 octave vocal range , more to do with skimpy outfits imo
exactly

I mean yeah, she has a great voice, but she's young, hot, and wore the skimpiest outfits allowed at the time...i imagine that had something to do with sales. I think if there are some younger women that want to work with Meat, or the equally sexy Patti, they should. They'll help spice up his image. Meat Loaf has always been a sex symbol to many....as have the stones...and I know having Aguilera on stage with them definitely made me want to watch that video a second time, if u know wat i mean. If only to see her and Jagger dance together. It was ~~~~ing entertainment if you ask me! XD

Last edited by stretch37; 21 Jan 2011 at 02:14.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 03:00   #152
CarylB
Mega Loafer

But we know what the press made out of him singing duets with a much younger woman when he toured with Aspen Miller, despite the fact that she had a strong voice and considerable stage presence for someone of her years.

Meat and Patti have tremendous synergy on stage, an impressively intuitive understanding after working together for so many years, and she does any spicing up the show needs Meat puts such heavy passion into his songs, more than many other performers, and I think it needs a singer of Patti's depth, experience, maturity and stature to match it and make the duets work, and also avoid negative comment by journalists, and to be fair, some fans. To me, Meat is about as far from Jagger as you could find, and what works on stage for one is unlikely to work for the other.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:29   #153
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
But we know what the press made out of him singing duets with a much younger woman when he toured with Aspen Miller, despite the fact that she had a strong voice and considerable stage presence for someone of her years.
The stupid comments by some journalists about Meat and Aspen say more about the press than about Meat. They basically told him to stop doing what he had done on stage for 30 years just because he allegedly was "too old" and they made it appear as if Aspen Miller was some poor little, helpless girl who was forced to take part in unpleasant performances. Unfortunately Meat caved in and temporarily turned Paradise into a kindergarten performance. He should have just said "fück you" (like he does on other occasions ), "it's my show" and go on with it.

Quote:
Meat and Patti have tremendous synergy on stage, an impressively intuitive understanding after working together for so many years, and she does any spicing up the show needs Meat puts such heavy passion into his songs, more than many other performers, and I think it needs a singer of Patti's depth, experience, maturity and stature to match it and make the duets work, and also avoid negative comment by journalists, and to be fair, some fans.
Something must be wrong with me, another of your posts I 100% agree with... When I watched videos of the recent shows, I realized how much I like the way in which Meat and Patti have grown "old" together.

Quote:
To me, Meat is about as far from Jagger as you could find, and what works on stage for one is unlikely to work for the other.
Mick Jagger and Meat Loaf have totally different images and ways to perform. (I remember how Meat once appeared to imitate Jagger's way of walking during Gimme Shelter. )
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 14:03   #154
TheDoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
I tried to work something out with that show, but I couldn't get on. Don't think that I did not try every ave. that was available . I did. I would come up with 3 or 4 marketing ideas a day and tell the record co. Shot down every time . Screamed when they wouldn't put out a real single . They said we don't do that!!! I said yes you do , named the artists , they came back with , well we don't for artist like you. meaning old.
It makes me want to pull my hair out. I go out and work hard for them just hoping it will make them want to do more . They don't. They don't want to work anymore. Used to be they would listen and follow through on some of my ideas. , now they have an excuse for why they can't do any of my ideas. They only want to do it their way . The way they do every band . I'm not every band. To them I am nothing but another a can of soup.
I wasn't really attacking sarge, just saying that it is real easy to sit on the sideline and judge and speculate . Believe me almost everything that is written on here about promo I tried and things that you guys never thought of. Nobody cares, they are not selling records. So they want to do as little as possible . At least the UK did TV ads. The US wouldn't . I told them my audience is not where you are putting your money (very little).I thought Management was going to blow a Gasget. If the UK was bad , the US and Australia were worse. New Zealand did pretty good , Germany fair . I did get a gold record in the UK for Hang cool so it keeps my streak alive, every record in the UK has gone gold. If it doesn't have "Hell" in the title they don't want to work it. They tried to get me to call it Bat 4 . If I would have it would have been a negative for a lot of people but in the end would have sold more records . When I refused ,it pissed them off. So now, I've come with a Title with Hell in it. Paul is working on the first song." The Devil in me" duet with Patti. It's a rocker... We got some great songs. One we are going to do like NINE INCH NAILS. I know ,you say "oh no" not that. Good news for some of you though. The songs go with the title and PATRICK is no where around. LOL
To Sarge, I really wasn't angry. Just wanted you to know I wasn't waiting on someone to do something. I was out kicking on their doors. Working really really hard. DUDE I CALL EVERYONE DUDE NOW, I think I'm still in the 80's.

The best to all of you ( even Evil one) I like" Holy one " better . Be "evil one" on the Rockman site and "Holy one" here. Yes that's it!!!

Meat
I think this is one of the best Meat posts I've read. And the few details on the next album are sounding pretty good - the title, and the title and direction of the first song, sounds pretty damn cool to me.

Looking forward.

Doode.
TheDoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:36   #155
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

I think the notion that people wanted to see young women with Meat is nonsense. I am about the same age as Aspen and I thought it looked ridiculous. People, regardless of age, want to hear great music. They want to see a performance that blows their mind. For me, that has always been Meat and Patti. Meat and Marion were like watching paint dry. Plus, Patti is hotter than most 20-year-olds I know.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:46   #156
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

When I watched videos of the recent shows, I realized how much I like the way in which Meat and Patti have grown "old" together.

Correction: they have grown "younger" together. I'm completely amazed by their energy and passion. I can't wait for their new duet(s). If they do more amazing promo performances, like they did of LOTO on Leno, I think the new album will grab everyone's attention.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 22:15   #157
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
exactly

I mean yeah, she has a great voice, but she's young, hot, and wore the skimpiest outfits allowed at the time...i imagine that had something to do with sales. I think if there are some younger women that want to work with Meat, or the equally sexy Patti, they should. They'll help spice up his image.
But IACBTMN was not a smashing success. I don't recall the song getting any airplay in the US and I never saw the video on the music channels. I think most younger fans think it's lame to team up with younger artists just for the sake of publicity. As others have said, it's all about a song that catches people's attention. A duet is all about chemistry and believability and nobody does it better than Meat & Patti.

(Almost forgot to mention, Patti in her Paradise outfit puts all those younger girls to shame.)

Last edited by Smithie; 21 Jan 2011 at 22:22.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 22:19   #158
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
So now, I've come with a Title with Hell in it. Paul is working on the first song." The Devil in me" duet with Patti. It's a rocker... We got some great songs. One we are going to do like NINE INCH NAILS. I know ,you say "oh no" not that. Good news for some of you though. The songs go with the title Meat

That's awesome news, Meat. I can't wait. What about the song Paul & Patti wrote, "Take a Ride to Hell", for the new album?
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 23:56   #159
meatfanforlife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
That's awesome news, Meat. I can't wait. What about the song Paul & Patti wrote, "Take a Ride to Hell", for the new album?
I agree! going to be a GREAT album I'm sure!!
meatfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 00:18   #160
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatfanforlife View Post
I agree! going to be a GREAT album I'm sure!!
What happens if it isn't?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 00:22   #161
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
If it doesn't have "Hell" in the title they don't want to work it. They tried to get me to call it Bat 4 .

Meat
dear mr loaf, it seems to make no difference what you musically/artistically want to do, the record companies seem to have no interest in what you want, or what you are about, they appear to have you pigeon holed. i remember the interview you gave to dave fanning for the planet rock programme back in '95 for the promotion of the welcome to the neighbourhood record, even back then you said you had to fight the record company... they wanted to call it escape from hell, and you fought them, and said you wouldn't put a hell in the title unless it was you and jim... 15 years on you're having the same battle, have you considered your own record company??? theres a recent thread on this site suggesting that... only my random thoughts, with all my love.

btw... what happened to the 5 hour live record you mentioned in that interview??? and please do surfs up live again!
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 00:26   #162
TheDoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I call you out for being a douche, sir.

Personally, I'm stoked just hearing about it - but it's kind of pointless to speculate until we hear stuff. For now let's just be cool, because, y'know, f!ck, another new Meat Loaf album! Can't wait!

Doode.

Last edited by Monstro; 22 Jan 2011 at 00:38. Reason: Flaming removed
TheDoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 00:34   #163
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post
So business as usual then?
Old 22 Jan 2011, 01:09   #164
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post

Personally, I'm stoked just hearing about it - but it's kind of pointless to speculate until we hear stuff. For now let's just be cool, because, y'know, f!ck, another new Meat Loaf album! Can't wait!

Doode.

Dude your hilarous...and i happen to agree with ya buddy
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 12:46   #165
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I tried to work something out with that show, but I couldn't get on. Don't think that I did not try every ave. that was available . I did. I would come up with 3 or 4 marketing ideas a day and tell the record co. Shot down every time . Screamed when they wouldn't put out a real single . They said we don't do that!!! I said yes you do , named the artists , they came back with , well we don't for artist like you. meaning old.
It makes me want to pull my hair out. I go out and work hard for them just hoping it will make them want to do more . They don't. They don't want to work anymore. Used to be they would listen and follow through on some of my ideas. , now they have an excuse for why they can't do any of my ideas. They only want to do it their way . The way they do every band . I'm not every band. To them I am nothing but another a can of soup.
I wasn't really attacking sarge, just saying that it is real easy to sit on the sideline and judge and speculate . Believe me almost everything that is written on here about promo I tried and things that you guys never thought of. Nobody cares, they are not selling records. So they want to do as little as possible . At least the UK did TV ads. The US wouldn't . I told them my audience is not where you are putting your money (very little).I thought Management was going to blow a Gasget. If the UK was bad , the US and Australia were worse. New Zealand did pretty good , Germany fair . I did get a gold record in the UK for Hang cool so it keeps my streak alive, every record in the UK has gone gold. If it doesn't have "Hell" in the title they don't want to work it. They tried to get me to call it Bat 4 . If I would have it would have been a negative for a lot of people but in the end would have sold more records . When I refused ,it pissed them off. So now, I've come with a Title with Hell in it. Paul is working on the first song." The Devil in me" duet with Patti. It's a rocker... We got some great songs. One we are going to do like NINE INCH NAILS. I know ,you say "oh no" not that. Good news for some of you though. The songs go with the title and PATRICK is no where around. LOL

Meat
I'm sorry you have to go through all that with the record co Meat, you deserve better. I know what you mean about Australia. You came here and worked your arse off appearing on numerous TV shows and radio to promote your album, but when it came out a month later, I did not see one ad for it. I saw so many ads for other artists and it used to piss me off no end when they wouldn't advertise yours. The new album sounds like it will be great, can't wait to hear it.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2011, 13:56   #166
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
you will be delighted
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2011, 13:58   #167
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
you will be delighted
Don't be silly.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:24   #168
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Don't be silly.
maybe happy then? go on just a little bit
Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:40   #169
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Not at all. Here you are again doing what you always do. You'll start an argument, disappear for a month and then do it all over again.

Do you really think I wanted to dislike HCTB? That I paid out hard earned money on a product I had already decided I wouldn't like? For the record I hope the forthcoming album is a huge success and that I'll like every song on it. However the sensible side of me will approach it with caution due to Meat's last couple of releases and my lack of blind faith in regards to him. That doesn't mean I want it to fail. Surely the fact that I still post on here, despite the fact I didn't like his last album mean I'm still a fan?
Old 23 Jan 2011, 19:55   #170
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Not at all. Here you are again doing what you always do. You'll start an argument, disappear for a month and then do it all over again.

Do you really think I wanted to dislike HCTB? That I paid out hard earned money on a product I had already decided I wouldn't like? For the record I hope the forthcoming album is a huge success and that I'll like every song on it. However the sensible side of me will approach it with caution due to Meat's last couple of releases and my lack of blind faith in regards to him. That doesn't mean I want it to fail. Surely the fact that I still post on here, despite the fact I didn't like his last album mean I'm still a fan?
ohh!! c,mon relax will ya. i never said you were that bad. to be fair we have not had that many arguments. but if it had a similer sound to HCTB you will probably not like it? correct? just out of interest what did you not like about it?
Old 23 Jan 2011, 20:27   #171
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I've said repeatedly that the main thing I dislike about HCTB is the songs. The overall sound of the album is top notch. So if the new album sounds like HCTB, but with better songs then there is a good chance I will like it.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 20:50   #172
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I've said repeatedly that the main thing I dislike about HCTB is the songs. The overall sound of the album is top notch. So if the new album sounds like HCTB, but with better songs then there is a good chance I will like it.
fair enough
Old 23 Jan 2011, 21:31   #173
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I will say it again, after having seen her perform with Meat Loaf on television...Aspen Miller was enough of a put off as a performer to entice me to see any of the 3 Bats Tour shows. I lost interest. She was enough of a distraction to me.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2011, 22:19   #174
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I will say it again, after having seen her perform with Meat Loaf on television...Aspen Miller was enough of a put off as a performer to entice me to see any of the 3 Bats Tour shows. I lost interest. She was enough of a distraction to me.
You do realise I was making the point that I consider Patti to be vastly preferable to partner Meat on stage?

I know you did not like her performance. Each to his own. I merely said she had a strong voice and considerable stage presence for one of her years because to me she does, I think it would be hard to deny her that, and I wouldn't want to put down her contribution even though I think she didn't have the maturity, depth and stature that Meat's songs demand and that Patti does, which sits better with the press and some fans.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2011, 00:40   #175
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
I merely said she had a strong voice and considerable stage presence for one of her years because to me she does
Caryl, I have to say I agree completely.

I love Patti, but Aspen was great, fantastic voice, fantastic stage presence. The only reason it didn't work with Meat was not so much the age difference, as the apparent age difference, Meat looking 60 and Aspen looking like a teenager. (Although at least she was barely seventeen and barely dressed...!)

At least Patti is only 15-20 years younger I noticed though they've stopped doing the make out scene in Paradise and rely on the big screen video of past performances instead - Meat shouldn't have listened to the critics on that score.

Last edited by Paul Richardson; 24 Jan 2011 at 00:56.
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote