mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2006, 23:34   #151
Meataholic
Super Loafer

Patti is a fantastic singer & a wonderful person. I am very, very sad to see her go

However, I'm a huge Meat Loaf fan & Patti leaving the band will not change my feelings towards Meat at all. My loyalty is 100% with Meat.

I have every faith in Meat's ability to choose his next 'leading lady' - there must be some other women out there who are amazing singers & have that special on stage spark with Meat, that spark we all long to see!

I imagine, that when Meat was first about to start working with Patti, fans were saying 'oh she won't live up to the ladies that Meat has sung with before.' And just look how it turned out!! So please let's give the new lady a chance.

Heather x
Old 16 Sep 2006, 23:43   #152
razorball2002

Of course you can compare it. Steve Buslowe was Meat's best bass player, he had a hell of a lot style on stage and was in my opinion a better musical director than Kasim. Eva is right. Nobody knows why Steve has left the band.
AND: Patti, i will miss you too, you were a hell of a good singer and performer and I'll never EVER forget Zurich 1994.

[QUOTE=mszee;263320]This is somewhat strange comment to what I was trying to say...

You can't compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, I am sorry...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 23:46   #153
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
imo.. Patti would wish luck to whomever it is filling her role in the band..
I'm sure she does. I do as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meataholic View Post
...Patti leaving the band will not change my feelings towards Meat at all.
me either, I love Meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAsh View Post
...All you people who are saying you'll give up now - well how nice of you, I can imagine Meat will be oh-so-happy to hear his so called 'fans' saying that.
I'm not quite sure who said they were "giving up on Meat". I didn't, and I'm not. I have Bat 3 on pre-order, and will buy any new music he releases.

The concert issue, for me, comes down to personal preference. Tickets and travel are luxury items my budget rarely allows. I would rather treasure the memory of the show I was fortunate enough to see during the HOTD tour, than strain my budget for something that I personally would not enjoy as much.

It's the "end of an era". Just as those who saw Meat and Karla perform live together will always have a "special" memory that fans who saw only later concerts missed out on. Totally different "stage experiences". That is no disrespect to Meat, Karla, or Patti.

I hope the Bat 3 tour is a huge success for Meat.

I'll be looking forward to the photos and stories from the shows, as always.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 00:16   #154
SuperLoafMan
Meat Loaf Rocks!

WTF!!!

I cant believe Patti has left the band!!! This is such a great sadness!! Such a fantastic musician and performer....she will be very grately missed!!

Good Luck Patti!!!

But like the saying goes the show must go on and I am sure Bat III tour is going to kick some ass!!! Rock on meat!

Ross
Old 17 Sep 2006, 01:04   #155
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
I'm sure she does.
The concert issue, for me, comes down to personal preference. Tickets and travel are luxury items my budget rarely allows. I would rather treasure the memory of the show I was fortunate enough to see during the HOTD tour, than strain my budget for something that I personally would not enjoy as much.
Agreed. She has been around so long and added so much. Like you I mean no slight to Meat or the other band members. But with cash tight for me, it honestly will affect my decision to travel 4-5 hours each way plus hotel, etc. It just does, maybe it is just me and maybe I just can't explain it to anyone else and that's fine. She was a valuable part of the experience to a lot of people. I have some questions I won't raise here, but a lot of us have them.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 01:55   #156
L96
Inaugural goldfish winner

Location:  In a handbasket. Believe me, for someone my height, it's hell...

I've been puzzling over the Patti situation for 24 hours now. It doesn't make sense. One of two things must have happened: either Patti chose to leave or she was told to leave. Now, no one with half a brain would fire the main singer (after Meat, obviously) 4 weeks before a major gig like RAH. So she must have quit. For whatever reason, be it personal reason or as a career move, I sincerely hope it works out for her and, like others here, will continue to follow Patti and her career closely, and wish her all the joy and success possible.

Based on the premise that Patti chose to leave, it appears to have been a sudden departure. If it was a planned departure, there would have been an official announcement made, logically, so that the current uproar was avoided. And I can't imagine Patti letting her fans down in the way she has, voluntarily. There's something fishy going on here. Also, Meat on the XM radio show... he gave no indication whatsoever that this was in the wind, so I'm thinking it might have been a surprise to him. I'm listening and relistening to his intro to What About Love, trying to pick up if there's anything there that indicates he knew. Sometimes I think there is, other listens it seems there isn't.

That said, rumour has been going strong for weeks that Patti was leaving. There is also a rumour about that Paul Crook is leaving as well. And there is also meant to be a NYC show for Bat Out Of Broadway... oddly, .net doesn't list that as a show. This is strange.

I'm all in favour of only telling people what they need to know, but there are times, and this is one of them, where a little more information is required. I (and the rest of us) appreciate that Eva passed on the email from Patti and let us know what was happening. An official statement from somewhere would assist greatly right now in reducing any potential negative impact on fans of Meat and Patti, and all.

Erm, seeing this post is so long, I'm charging 5c instead of 2c.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 02:10   #157
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus96 View Post
That said, rumour has been going strong for weeks that Patti was leaving. There is also a rumour about that Paul Crook is leaving as well.
OK I am still coming to terms with Patti leaving and now this...!
Will the heartbreak never end?

Last edited by MeatGrl1; 17 Sep 2006 at 02:42.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 02:13   #158
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
And there is also meant to be a NYC show for Bat Out Of Broadway... oddly, .net doesn't list that as a show. This is strange.
This does not mean anything IMO as the RAH concert only appeared on the tour list as soon as ticket sales were announced (RAH had been rumoured for about 2 months prior to that going back to an interview with Marion Raven in July). Therefore the NY show will probably only appear on there in the next few weeks.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 02:14   #159
L96
Inaugural goldfish winner

Location:  In a handbasket. Believe me, for someone my height, it's hell...

Why are you worrying about the NYC show? Thought you were going to RAH?

While there are some strange things going on, no one is dead (yet), so how about saving the OTT emotion until we know what's going on?

Edit to answer Musicman: Maybe it means nothing... I'm a crazed conspiracy theorist, though, remember
Old 17 Sep 2006, 02:48   #160
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorball2002 View Post
You can't compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, I am sorry...
That's just preference. I can say you can't compare anyone leaving the group to Patti's departure because all Meat Loaf duets will never be the same again. Anyone can play an instrument and the average Joe won't notice someone else playing it, not true of a singer.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 13:31   #161
Bohemian
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish View Post
That's just preference.

Anyone can play an instrument and the average Joe won't notice someone else playing it, not true of a singer.

Ahhhhh.... yeeeaaaahhhh.

You know there are quite a few people that couldn't care less if it was Meat or Rob Evans or some other hired gun singing Jim's words with Marghoshes / Roy Bittan / Jeff Bova on the keys...

I'm looking forward to some fresh sounds with whichever vocalists Meat takes on tour with him on this occasion, and will keep track of what musical goodies Patti gets up to in future as well.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 13:38   #162
rugby
Rookie

I can not believe Patti has left the band . She is so cool! Hearing Patti in the Comic Relief Concert on Radio 2 back in 1999, was what really made get in to Meat Loaf. And in 2003, when I actually got my parents to take me to a Meat Loaf concert, I couldn't believe how good she sang with Meat loaf. Unbelievable.
I wish Patti all the best for the future. Good Luck!
Rugby xx
Old 17 Sep 2006, 14:18   #163
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Patti - sad to hear you're leaving, you've been absolutely fantastic. All the best for whatever you're going to do next.

You couldn't have sung it better.

Simon.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 14:32   #164
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

Very sad news, the best female singer meat has every worked with in my opinion.
Goodbye Patti, good luck with everything!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 14:59   #165
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Why are you worrying about the NYC show? Thought you were going to RAH?

While there are some strange things going on, no one is dead (yet), so how about saving the OTT emotion until we know what's going on?

Edit to answer Musicman: Maybe it means nothing... I'm a crazed conspiracy theorist, though, remember
i didn't see Musicman's post as his worrying nor over the top... just iho... what he thinks...

but i find your portion of post "no one is dead (yet)" rather other the top... no?... ...

do not panic... do not jump ... ...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 15:05   #166
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish View Post
That's just preference. I can say you can't compare anyone leaving the group to Patti's departure because all Meat Loaf duets will never be the same again. Anyone can play an instrument and the average Joe won't notice someone else playing it, not true of a singer.

you know.. i got thinking about this.. and discussing it with my husband.. okay.. he was surfing the telly and i was telling him.. "something of no interest to you but...".. lol... let's see... Bat1... Ellen sings on Paradise... Karla does the tour... Bat2... Mrs Loud.. is it?.. is that Lorraine Crosby?.. sings AFL.. Patti does the tour... since Bat1 came out there's been about 5? different partners singing with Meat?.. i can't name them.. i just see them in old videos...

just thoughts.. yes we all love and admire Patti...she's a GREAT talent... but... imo...we must learn to live with and support the changes that come along ... i think just since Bat2 there's been three changes band-wise no?..

i don't know.. just.. thinking "aloud" if you will...

t...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 15:32   #167
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

If you think of it this way, if Meat decided, that he wasn't going to tour anymore, you wouldn't have seen Patti perform anyway. Changes happen, it is sad, but it happens, Meat's band has gone through alot of changes in the years, and the only reamining member, to stick with him all these years is Kasim, and I don't think he has played on all of Meat's tours.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 16:25   #168
JenniferSal
Senior Loafer

John has been with him since the mid/late 80's, so has Mark (although Mark briefly left in 98 but came back). So there are other band members who have been in it for the long haul as well as Kasim. Kasim is, however, someone who has been around, off and on, since the beginning of the Bat though!

Jen S.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 16:29   #169
Marianne
Super Loafer

How sad this news is, I must be greatfull that I had the chance to see such a great singer and person.

Patti thank you for everything you gave us. We will miss you but I wish you all the best for the future.

Marianne.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 16:39   #170
Keep Rocking
Super Loafer

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside, looking so restless and reckless and lost!

What a sad day
Old 17 Sep 2006, 17:07   #171
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
You know there are quite a few people that couldn't care less if it was Meat or Rob Evans or some other hired gun singing Jim's words with Marghoshes / Roy Bittan / Jeff Bova on the keys...
Meat fans care

and there are millions of them/us.

this is not about "Patti VS. Meat", and should not be about "Meat VS. Steinman".

It doesn't have to be "either-or". I love Meat. I love Patti and am grateful for her contributions to the NLE over the years. I will miss her.

I am not saying that anyone should skip the Bat 3 tour because there will be a new "leading lady". For me, it makes a difference. For a lot of others, it won't. IMO it doesn't make anyone more or less of a Meat fan. Don't read things into my posts that aren't there.

Meat is awesome, and I hope everything connected with Bat 3 is a smash.

Last edited by PrissLoaf; 17 Sep 2006 at 17:29.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 17:31   #172
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2006 View Post
Patti...You couldn't have sung it better.

Simon.
WOW. I love that.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 19:03   #173
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire

Rosie and I've had the great pleasure of meeting Patti twice, once on Wembley Stage and at Blickling Hall, nothing was to much trouble, and Patti willing signed memorabilia and posed for photographs, and took the time to actually chat to us about everything and anything.

A lovely warm, caring, fantastic singer, we shall miss her greatly but I feel maybe Patti found it was her time to move on, I know from talking to her at the above venues that she had wished for a very long time to have the opportunity to be able to record her own album.

We'll be missing you Patti, please come and see us sometime on the forum

love dottie
xxx
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:27   #174
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Patti was a big, big part of the live Meat Loaf experience for me and most. I think its a huge shame that she couldn't stick around for this last jaunt, and that an extremely brief note is the only 'announcement' we get.

I think the old 'singers don't owe fans anything' is a non-argument. Fans are every bit as important as artists - without one, there can't be the other. Artists expect fans to treat them with courtesy - behave at concerts, respect their decisions, support their music. I hope we get the courtesy of an official announcement. Without one, all we've got is speculation.

That said, Patti will be sorely missed, particularly with the Bat 3 train getting set to roll. A beautiful counterpoint to Meat's singing.

What a huge shame to see her go.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:27   #175
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie View Post
...A lovely warm, caring, fantastic singer, we shall miss her greatly but I feel maybe Patti found it was her time to move on, I know from talking to her at the above venues that she had wished for a very long time to have the opportunity to be able to record her own album.
I hope so. She deserves the best.
Closed Thread