Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 03 Mar 2010, 20:10   #1851
MeatLoafFanRay
Super Loafer

The video looks like it's gonna be great, I can't wait!
MeatLoafFanRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2010, 03:44   #1852
suzieq
Mega Loafer

So do you remember when you fell in love with Meat's albums/music? I am pretty confident that I have witnessed Meat falling in love with Hang Cool Teddy Bear through his promo tweets and interviews. And has Meat become a fan of "Meat Loaf" the same way we've seen him for years now? See Meat, we were right all along...you are fantastic.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2010, 03:57   #1853
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
So do you remember when you fell in love with Meat's albums/music? I am pretty confident that I have witnessed Meat falling in love with Hang Cool Teddy Bear through his promo tweets and interviews. And has Meat become a fan of "Meat Loaf" the same way we've seen him for years now? See Meat, we were right all along...you are fantastic.
I couldn't have said it better myself Suzieq
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2010, 18:46   #1854
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Time to dig up this thread again... Liked the way Meat talked about volcanos in his latest video, I think he would make a good teacher.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2010, 18:53   #1855
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Time to dig up this thread again... Liked the way Meat talked about volcanos in his latest video, I think he would make a good teacher.
I absolutely agree Sarge
Old 24 Apr 2010, 19:44   #1856
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:

Didn't Meat say in an interview once that if he hadn't been a rockstar or actor he'd have been a teacher? I know he coached little league softball (or baseball or whatever it is you Americans call rounders ) ) in years gone by so he's clearly got a "way" with kids.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2010, 19:54   #1857
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Didn't Meat say in an interview once that if he hadn't been a rockstar or actor he'd have been a teacher? I know he coached little league softball (or baseball or whatever it is you Americans call rounders ) ) in years gone by so he's clearly got a "way" with kids.
It was softball

And I remember that interview too Andy .. Meat said he would have been a History Teacher and Football coach
Old 24 Apr 2010, 20:06   #1858
Netty
Super Loafer

Quote:
yeah that was my first thought when i saw it, i could 'see' that vulcano as he described it
Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2010, 20:36   #1859
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Time to dig up this thread again...
Good call !
Old 01 May 2010, 04:09   #1860
Kathy
Super Loafer

It looks like I can't see Meat's latest Twitter-tweet unless I join Facebook. Is that true? I think of Facebook as a giant time-sink and that's why I'm not there; I communicate with my friends other ways :) Maybe I'm the last holdout in the known universe? and maybe beyond, lol?
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 04:14   #1861
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
It looks like I can't see Meat's latest Twitter-tweet unless I join Facebook. Is that true? I think of Facebook as a giant time-sink and that's why I'm not there; I communicate with my friends other ways :) Maybe I'm the last holdout in the known universe? and maybe beyond, lol?
-Kathy
Kathy,
His latest tweet is only on facebook. He is searching for a long lost friend from Texas and this person was in the service, has moved around and Meat is trying to find said person "on" facebook to be "his friend" (a facebook term).

I think there are several other hold outs not joining Facebook. I've found friends from 30 years ago on Facebook. It has it's time +'s.

Suzieq
Old 01 May 2010, 04:17   #1862
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Kathy, you're just reasonable. I'm not on Facebook and I can see it. So the problem can't be due to not having an account.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 04:18   #1863
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Thumbs up awww... come on KathyB ! ... lol ...

Quote:
-Kathy
hey Kathy ! ... i don't know if that's the only way to see Meat's tweets... i haven't been following him on twitter ... my head's spinning from him being hither thither and all over the place...

i joined FB when i saw an old Monkees' fan friend from the 70s on there... we've been back and forth ... and i can find out who in the family on my dad's side needs a prayer thrown about... my cousin was operated on yesterday and i wouldn't have known not from FB... i like the games on there... and it's easy to stay in touch with my daughter... we can live chat... AND... TA DAHHHH... lol ... every time i go on ... SURPRISE... another lookit this.. from 'Imself...

and here i thought you were there already... lol ... come on in... the water's fine ... xo
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 04:19   #1864
Kathy
Super Loafer

Thanks for the explanation! I hope his friend is not a holdout too
-Kathy

Quote:
Kathy,
His latest tweet is only on facebook. He is searching for a long lost friend from Texas and this person was in the service, has moved around and Meat is trying to find said person "on" facebook to be "his friend" (a facebook term).

I think there are several other hold outs not joining Facebook. I've found friends from 30 years ago on Facebook. It has it's time +'s.

Suzieq
Old 01 May 2010, 04:22   #1865
Kathy
Super Loafer

That's interesting! hmmmmm wonder what I'm doing wrong. well, maybe I'll be able to see the next tweet; I know he's been posting to facebook for a while and this is the first one I can't see. thanks :)
-Kathy
Quote:
Kathy, you're just reasonable. I'm not on Facebook and I can see it. So the problem can't be due to not having an account.
Old 01 May 2010, 04:25   #1866
Kathy
Super Loafer

lol tink, re: you thought I was on there already; that just shows how talkative I am Well, a couple more Meat tweets I can't see and I'll probably cave :)
-Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
hey Kathy ! ... i don't know if that's the only way to see Meat's tweets... i haven't been following him on twitter ... my head's spinning from him being hither thither and all over the place...

i joined FB when i saw an old Monkees' fan friend from the 70s on there... we've been back and forth ... and i can find out who in the family on my dad's side needs a prayer thrown about... my cousin was operated on yesterday and i wouldn't have known not from FB... i like the games on there... and it's easy to stay in touch with my daughter... we can live chat... AND... TA DAHHHH... lol ... every time i go on ... SURPRISE... another lookit this.. from 'Imself...

and here i thought you were there already... lol ... come on in... the water's fine ... xo
Old 01 May 2010, 04:27   #1867
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Kathy,
I tried moving the tweet to my twitter screen name. Sign on to twitter and look for my tweet, try to access it from there.

Suzieq
Old 01 May 2010, 04:35   #1868
Kathy
Super Loafer

It worked! Thank you so much :) and aww, I hope he finds his friend :)
-Kathy

Quote:
Kathy,
I tried moving the tweet to my twitter screen name. Sign on to twitter and look for my tweet, try to access it from there.

Suzieq
Old 01 May 2010, 04:38   #1869
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
It worked! Thank you so much :) and aww, I hope he finds his friend :)
-Kathy
Glad to help!!! I hope so too!

suzieq
Old 23 May 2010, 19:11   #1870
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Thanks for the latest (6) tweet pics Meat.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 05:34   #1871
suzieq
Mega Loafer

After a hectic week...I had zero time to comment about all the latest raining twitter/FB vids Meat posted. I figured I'd organize my thoughts and plop them all here instead of trying to play catch up all over the place.

I watched Vol. 15 which gave us titles for three songs: All Of Me, The Giving Tree, and Our Love In Our Souls...with Meat's body language and heavenly rolling eyes teasing/describing the songs, I can't help but to get antsy to hear the album/CD. It was sooooo cool to watch him fall in love with HCTB, and he looks so proud to be able to present another quality album (child #2 perhaps). Equally loved but for different reasons. I wonder what new surprises Meat has in store.

It's looking like Meat has his foot on the throttle with no chance of letting up...HIAHB, CD of Unknown Title (to us/not to him), DVD, and Hot Holidays.. SO AWESOME! Yet, he takes the time out to answer Q&A, pose for pics, sign autographs at shows, and stop by here. It's just something I don't take for granted.

I do wonder if Meat is still approached due to his popularity from Celebrity Apprentice or if things have died down. Because it seemed like in the video he was trying to answer the question about gambling in AC. He said "no", and it looked like he was about to explain why....but took us on a Meat-tangent. I love Meat-tangents by the way, he gives an answer way more than you could ever expect when he does that. Now I just digressed. Anyway, I thought he was going to say, he doesn't go down to gamble because of Celebrity Apprentice. But he turned into a $10 million whore somehow. LOL!

I wondered also, if Meat had made all those phone calls to his friends for operation Hot Holidays. Did they all say "yes"? We'll find out soon enough though. Surely, can't trust the press with accurate information.

A final thought, I had to rewatch Vol 15. several times because I was focused on what he was saying, but when he got to the singing in the shower...I cracked up. Wake Up Little Suzie is now secured and downloaded onto my alarm clock. GREAT STUFF! Something so simple makes me so happy!!!

I say keep the Q&A coming when time permits. I'm going to aim for getting a question answered for volume 19 whenever that should happen. It's my lucky number/soccer jersey number. So, it's a bit special to me.

Suzieq
Old 13 Aug 2011, 06:02   #1872
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
After a hectic week...I had zero time to comment about all the latest raining twitter/FB vids Meat posted. I figured I'd organize my thoughts and plop them all here instead of trying to play catch up all over the place.

I watched Vol. 15 which gave us titles for three songs: All Of Me, The Giving Tree, and Our Love In Our Souls...with Meat's body language and heavenly rolling eyes teasing/describing the songs, I can't help but to get antsy to hear the album/CD. It was sooooo cool to watch him fall in love with HCTB, and he looks so proud to be able to present another quality album (child #2 perhaps). Equally loved but for different reasons. I wonder what new surprises Meat has in store.

It's looking like Meat has his foot on the throttle with no chance of letting up...HIAHB, CD of Unknown Title (to us/not to him), DVD, and Hot Holidays.. SO AWESOME! Yet, he takes the time out to answer Q&A, pose for pics, sign autographs at shows, and stop by here. It's just something I don't take for granted.

I do wonder if Meat is still approached due to his popularity from Celebrity Apprentice or if things have died down. Because it seemed like in the video he was trying to answer the question about gambling in AC. He said "no", and it looked like he was about to explain why....but took us on a Meat-tangent. I love Meat-tangents by the way, he gives an answer way more than you could ever expect when he does that. Now I just digressed. Anyway, I thought he was going to say, he doesn't go down to gamble because of Celebrity Apprentice. But he turned into a $10 million whore somehow. LOL!

I wondered also, if Meat had made all those phone calls to his friends for operation Hot Holidays. Did they all say "yes"? We'll find out soon enough though. Surely, can't trust the press with accurate information.

A final thought, I had to rewatch Vol 15. several times because I was focused on what he was saying, but when he got to the singing in the shower...I cracked up. Wake Up Little Suzie is now secured and downloaded onto my alarm clock. GREAT STUFF! Something so simple makes me so happy!!!

I say keep the Q&A coming when time permits. I'm going to aim for getting a question answered for volume 19 whenever that should happen. It's my lucky number/soccer jersey number. So, it's a bit special to me.

Suzieq
Old 13 Aug 2011, 13:26   #1873
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I do wonder if Meat is still approached due to his popularity from Celebrity Apprentice or if things have died down. Because it seemed like in the video he was trying to answer the question about gambling in AC. He said "no", and it looked like he was about to explain why....but took us on a Meat-tangent. I love Meat-tangents by the way, he gives an answer way more than you could ever expect when he does that. Now I just digressed. Anyway, I thought he was going to say, he doesn't go down to gamble because of Celebrity Apprentice.
My guess would be yes .. and that playing the poker tables has become as tricky as popping into the deli for a bit of low fat cheese

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2011, 13:46   #1874
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
....but took us on a Meat-tangent. I love Meat-tangents by the way, he gives an answer way more than you could ever expect when he does that.
Suzieq
When I see Meat remove his reading glasses, I know we're in for something special!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2011, 15:59   #1875
LisaT
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
When I see Meat remove his reading glasses, I know we're in for something special!
LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote